• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

X-Frame

Increased Control isn't as fast as it was either, I am sure somebody will make a video and the truth will be known. However, it would be far better for Bungie, and less incriminating, if they released a complete set of patch notes.

Agreed. It seems like IC added less boost and more vertical lift to combat skating. After 2 years it's incredible that they would do something like this and not even mention it.

Homeboyd

I don't fully get how the unlocking thing works. People here told me you just need to have the Y1 and you automatically get the Y2 blueprint. But I've had a couple that wouldn't let me unlock Y2...until suddenly they did. I don't know if you need to max it out first or what.
Yeah the blueprint thing works for non PoE exotics. So if you had a yr 1 version of a non PoE exotic, and it was brought forward to year 2, you can just buy the yr 2 version. For PoE guns though (lord of wolves, dreg's promise, queenbreakers bow) you have to earn them again by getting them to drop again.

stay gold

That legendary crucible weapon drop increase sure does make a big difference. Since the update I've seen at least 4 Eyaslunas drop after seeing about 4 or 5 total drop the whole 9 months or however long it's been before the update so if anyone's still trying to get one or hoping to get one with a better roll now's the time to do it.

Yeah, just played my first game since the update and my team got 2 Party Crashers & a Red Spectre. None for me of course.

Hey guys,

I believe this is my first time posting here. I bought Destiny along with The Taken King late last year. It was my first time playing, and I really liked it, despite the pacing issues of the vanilla game's quests and lack of story.

I have most of the quests done, except I have not done a single Raid. I don't have anyone with whom to do them. My friends who play the game do not want to do the year 1 raids with me because they don't give any good loot. But I'd like to do them at least once, just so I can see everything the game has to offer. I also haven't done the Oryx raid.

Is anyone here game to do those old raids with me, once each? I am a Hunter. Light level 296. I'm in Canada. PS4.

I would greatly appreciate it.

Agreed. It seems like IC added less boost and more vertical lift to combat skating. After 2 years it's incredible that they would do something like this and not even mention it.
No doubt it made me not make my jump taking the shortcut to the other side after the exotic chest in Kings Fall. I always switch up to striker quick for the little boost forward and there's definitely something different.

Yeah the blueprint thing works for non PoE exotics. So if you had a yr 1 version of a non PoE exotic, and it was brought forward to year 2, you can just buy the yr 2 version. For PoE guns though (lord of wolves, dreg's promise, queenbreakers bow) you have to earn them again by getting them to drop again.

Yup and its driving me insane

3 months and 60 runs later. And ive been spacing it out since i cant play constantly

Ive gotten so good at CoE that i can basically solo any encounter regardless of modifiers

When i earned LoW it quickly became my favorite gun in the game before it was quickly rendered obsolete with TTK

Only for me to get gated by their RNG to finally use it again.

Im glad RoI is allowing guns to be carried forward and infused at least which is why i even bother chasing it in depressing fashion

Hey guys,

I believe this is my first time posting here. I bought Destiny along with The Taken King late last year. It was my first time playing, and I really liked it, despite the pacing issues of the vanilla game's quests and lack of story.

I have most of the quests done, except I have not done a single Raid. I don't have anyone with whom to do them. My friends who play the game do not want to do the year 1 raids with me because they don't give any good loot. But I'd like to do them at least once, just so I can see everything the game has to offer. I also haven't done the Oryx raid.

Is anyone here game to do those old raids with me, once each? I am a Hunter. Light level 296.

X1 or PS4? If on X1 I do em still sometimes just for fun. I especially still like doing VoG it's still my favorite raid. If on X1 just add me GT is same as name. If on PS4 you can find ppl on destinylfg.net and or destinytracker.com.

No doubt it made me not make my jump taking the shortcut to the other side after the exotic chest in Kings Fall. I always switch up to striker quick for the little boost forward and there's definitely something different.
Did they really fucking nerf this shit? Unbelievable

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, Destiny-GAF.

I played again for the first time since the beginning of 2015 and didn't realize that I still have my old level 29 character. So that's very cool...

But, I am freaking lost with all the upgrades/changes occurring in Year 2/3. Anyone got a beginners guide? or a link to a good one?

I'm on PS4. :(
I am getting PS+ again soon and would do the 1st raid again. I have beat it twice, but that was a long time ago...

Clunker

Boo, I'm on Xbone too. :( But most who post here seem to be ps4 so I think you'll find plenty who can help out.

I loved having the No Time to Explain quest give a good excuse to go back into the Vault of Glass, which is still my favorite piece of content in the game. Would be overjoyed if there were good reason to have a Throwback Retro Night or something where we could equip old gear and go back to 30 to run VoG the way it used to be. I three-manned Crota's End normal with some friends last night just for fun, and there's still a lot of good stuff in there.

GutZ31

Hey guys,

Is anyone here game to do those old raids with me, once each? I am a Hunter. Light level 296. I'm in Canada. PS4.

Add me on PS4 and I'll try to get a fun run going at an acceptable time.
We have a great community here, with plenty of helpful guardians willing to take first timers thru old, and new content.
Almost every week, Hawkian does raids for new players, with a sign up sheet.
He is very kind, and will only laugh for hours if you mess up,
he is extremely patient, and explains thing in an easy to understand manner
so no pressure ;).
Hey, Destiny-GAF.

I played again for the first time since the beginning of 2015 and didn't realize that I still have my old level 29 character. So that's very cool...

But, I am freaking lost with all the upgrades/changes occurring in Year 2/3. Anyone got a beginners guide? or a link to a good one?

I am getting PS+ again soon and would do the 1st raid again. I have beat it twice, but that was a long time ago...
My PSN ID is the same as Gaf, feel free to add me.

Yup and its driving me insane

3 months and 60 runs later. And ive been spacing it out since i cant play constantly

Ive gotten so good at CoE that i can basically solo any encounter regardless of modifiers

When i earned LoW it quickly became my favorite gun in the game before it was quickly rendered obsolete with TTK

Only for me to get gated by their RNG to finally use it again.

Im glad RoI is allowing guns to be carried forward and infused at least which is why i even bother chasing it in depressing fashion

Speed run the bosses. You can kill all 3 in 10 min with a group that can put out high dmg with tethers and weapons. I know how frustrating the rng can be it took me prob close to 60 runs through VoG back in the day with 3 titans deleteing 2 re leveling em to run it 2 more times before reset til I finally got the damn helmet to hit lvl 20 and get the Vex. Thing was it was a week after TDB came out til it finally dropped for me. Then go figure 1st run Crota hard mode the Crux dropped for me. The exotics from CoE seem to drop pretty regular though so if you just get a few ppl to speed kill bosses with you I'm sure you'll get it. I'm with you I've always enjoyed playing with all 3 of those exotics they're jusr fun to use in my opinion. If you're on X1 give me a holler if I'm on I'll give ya a hand speed running through there if ya need ppl that will do it.

JJShadow

Guys what is the fastest way to rank up Queen's Wrath? I need to reach rank 3 to get the Boolean Gemini, but after completing all Petra's quest I'm still rank 1. I know she offers some weekly bounties, but I think it's going to take me a long time if I only rely on them

Did they really fucking nerf this shit? Unbelievable
Yup no doubt something has changed because it screwed me all up when I went to jump to make the short cut. They could of at least said something about it. It did seem the animation for the shoulder charge was taking longer to proc in crucible I wasn't sure if it was just me but apparently it wasn't from what I'm reading.

Guys what is the fastest way to rank up Queen's Wrath? I need to reach rank 3 to get the Boolean Gemini, but after completing all Petra's quest I'm still rank 1. I know she offers some weekly bounties, but I think it's going to take me a long time if I only rely on them

There are some items that give you rep but the bounties are pretty much the best way, you get 1,000 per week. If you did the HoW quest in year one you can grab it again from the abandoned quest kiosk and run it for rep.

Boo, I'm on Xbone too. :( But most who post here seem to be ps4 so I think you'll find plenty who can help out.

I loved having the No Time to Explain quest give a good excuse to go back into the Vault of Glass, which is still my favorite piece of content in the game. Would be overjoyed if there were good reason to have a Throwback Retro Night or something where we could equip old gear and go back to 30 to run VoG the way it used to be. I three-manned Crota's End normal with some friends last night just for fun, and there's still a lot of good stuff in there.
Count me in if that ever happens.

GutZ31

It many be A little annoying, but you should be able to just redo the missions over and over for queens rep. You are also able to Patrol for the queens bountied captains on a few planets, very random/rare with the taken everywhere.
I think at least one of the PoEs give queens rep.

The early game seems to be progressing pretty quickly, though I'm guessing that levelling will slow down greatly as I get higher. Currently I'm on Venus, having just met the Awoken for the first time.

Despite what I've heard from a lot of people, I'm actually enjoying the story quite a bit.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Add me on PS4 and I'll try to get a fun run going at an acceptable time.
We have a great community here, with plenty of helpful guardians willing to take first timers thru old, and new content.
Almost every week, Hawkian does raids for new players, with a sign up sheet.
He is very kind, and will only laugh for hours if you mess up,
he is extremely patient, and explains thing in an easy to understand manner
so no pressure ;).

My PSN ID is the same as Gaf, feel free to add me.

Thanks and will do the next time I'm on. And I'll definitely be on the look out for the Hawkian post.

Despite what I've heard from a lot of people, I'm actually enjoying the story quite a bit.

I remember it feeling incomplete, but surely passable and enjoyable. I really cannot remember why I stopped playing after the first Raid. Really psyched to have my character back, though.

Gragen

This is going to sound petty because it is, but them changing the LLs of Blues really pisses me off. I relied on them for my slower than slow climb up the LL ladder.

Guys, can two people help me with a summoning pit strike? I am after the two ghosts in the boss room, but matchmaking makes it impossible. Shouldn't take too long...

Oh, btw, can the one on the rocks be reached by a titan?

Getting those ghosts is easier if you do the Malok strike. You start in that room and can take your time once you've cleared it of enemies.

This is going to sound petty because it is, but them changing the LLs of Blues really pisses me off. I relied on them for my slower than slow climb up the LL ladder.

I'm going to say that this was not intentional with the thinking that I doubt they want to make the grind to their new content that much more frustrating for new players. Expansions in Destiny are a time for excitement for the players and hopefully good publicity for the developer/publisher.

I'll bet this is being investigated internally and adjusted in short order.

That being said as someone who runs a ton of Heroic Strikes weekly simply for the gameplay, the blue drops since the update seem to max out in the 265 LL range. It doesn't really matter to me because I have 2600+ hours in the game but for new players looking to gear up and progress through all the content to get to RoI it will certainly be a bit more of a frustrating experience if left as is.

JJShadow

Hey guys,

I'm based in the UK so maybe our schedules don't fit really well, but count on me for any of the raids just in case. I'll have to complete VoG in the coming days for a quest, so I'd be quite interested to join you

And as a general rule, every time you want to organize a raid just use this format, people tend to pay more attention:

Raid Name - Difficulty - Date & Time
1- Your PSN ID
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-

And if you need any help for other stuff feel free to add me on PS4 > JJShadow77

Hey, Destiny-GAF.

You definitely want to take a look at this

https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4m2l5g/what_do_i_do_now_a_newbie_guide_taken_spring/

There are some items that give you rep but the bounties are pretty much the best way, you get 1,000 per week. If you did the HoW quest in year one you can grab it again from the abandoned quest kiosk and run it for rep.

It many be A little annoying, but you should be able to just redo the missions over and over for queens rep. You are also able to Patrol for the queens bountied captains on a few planets, very random/rare with the taken everywhere.
I think at least one of the PoEs give queens rep.

Thank you guys, I see it's going to be a bit annoying just by completing the bounties and redoing old missions

Hzoltan69

Getting those ghosts is easier if you do the Malok strike. You start in that room and can take your time once you've cleared it of enemies.

Damn, I thought there was a story mission that started there, which is no longer available. It never occured to me to check the strikes.
Anyway, I got it done with the kind help of Ninja Kn1ght and ShinoguTakeruKoeru.

I'm based in the UK so maybe our schedules don't fit really well, but count on me for any of the raids just in case. I'll have to complete VoG in the coming days for a quest, so I'd be quite interested to join you

And as a general rule, every time you want to organize a raid just use this format, people tend to pay more attention:

1- Your PSN ID
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-

And if you need any help for other stuff feel free to add me on PS4 > JJShadow77

https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4m2l5g/what_do_i_do_now_a_newbie_guide_taken_spring/

Thank you guys, I see it's going to be a bit annoying just by completing the bounties and redoing old missions

Alright, thanks! I'll do some raids with Gutz later. Maybe you could join us depending on the time.

stay gold

If it's a second or third character, you can transfer weapons or ghosts from your main to bump your level which will help with armour drops.

Nah I haven't used my Xbox account since Year 1 lol. Wanted to get my LL up prior to the 20th, but i'll just wait I guess.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Not sure if this was posted, but here is an indepth video on the ghost bullets that clearly shows bullets not connecting from time to time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ24eDTg_s4

It is not lag since the guy isnt moving and lives in the same state. it also seems to be tied to the range stat and hurts low range weapons like the last word which explains why i had such a hard time with it. when half of your shots dont connect, when shots that should be crits register as regular shots, when entire shotgun round miss because of RNG you are going to have a game that is essentially broken.

i really hope this guy is wrong and that bungie hasnt actually added RNG to their shooting because thats a cardinal sin for a competitve multiplayer game. the entire point of shooters is to be able to point and shoot. thats the reason why i still play cod every year despite all their broken killstreaks. i know when i point and shoot my shots will actually land if i aimed correctly.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Never bothered to realize you could solo the ultra knight for 3oC chances and the Silent Scream emblem. Just ran that real quick. Lovely stuff.

I remember it feeling incomplete, but surely passable and enjoyable. I really cannot remember why I stopped playing after the first Raid. Really psyched to have my character back, though.
It is totally different now from when it released. The expansions have all been worked in organically making the universe and story seem much deeper and complete. I really hope they learn from this and make Destiny 2 much fuller at the start.

GutZ31

1- Your PSN ID
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-

Alright, thanks! I'll do some raids with Gutz later. Maybe you could join us depending on the time.
I am east coast, USA, so my current time is 12:37PM EST.
I can usually work with people on their own times, except when I need to work, or pick up my niece from school. Usually Mondays, Wednesdays and Tuesdays I am busy, the rest of the time I usually can make time.

Agent

I got my first Eyasluna earlier today. Not a god roll, but it's crazy how good the gun is. Mine has Luck In the Chamber, Braced Frame, Triple Tap (meh), and Steadyhand/FastDraw/QuickDraw. It's basically 95% of the stability bar. Triple Tap actually works because I can keep hitting head shots fairly consistently.

GutZ31

should I be hoarding exotic engrams until ROI comes out? minus specials of course, trying to get that new one.
Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: You can randomly get exotic 336-341 boots at least. Don't know about the other pieces, but it's better to save them for new gear, and higher light.

deafmedal

Hey Gutz and Authentic, y'all up for running a VoG nao? I am. I always am.
Edit: PSN

1. deafmedal
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

GutZ31

Normal Mode Vault of Glass & Crota's End Raids today(Saturday, September 10th, 2016) at 8:00ish EST.

This is a fun run, and new raiders are welcome. The only real requirements are dictated by the game, so 170 light level will get you thru all this, any more, and you are overqualified.

We can go in blind if we get enough newbs that wish to experience the feel of raiding fresh.

Role Call
1.) GutZ31
2.)AuthenticM
3.)WipedOut
4.)Chucker(?)
5.)
6.)

Currently there are 2 spots, and a third that may be open depending on family.

MrDaravon

Started looking at shader and emblem mop-up, and almost all of what I'm missing are drops from packages/playlists etc. I started looking into how I was missing so many of the "strike playlist drop" ones and apparently they rarely if ever drop from the normal strike playlist now and you need to do the level 36 one instead. God damn it.

Also found out I actually never got EITHER of the King's Fall armor shaders as I never somehow got a full set across all of my characters which is more impressive than anything actually. feelsbadman.jpg

Im kinda stuck at LL 306-310 for days now, what do I need to do to progress? Need some advice. Thanks!

At this point you practically need King's Fall, Nightfall or CoE to progress fast as blues no longer decrypt into anything higher than 245. Or you can just grind Heroic Strikes and PoE for the one or two Legendary drops per run. I don't play any PvP so no idea what you can get from there.

Top Bottom