• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Trying again for the new day! Xbone heroic King's Fall, soft 7:30pm MDT start.

1. Hippo_PRIME
2. Hippo's friend

This is the last year 2 moment my friend and I both need.

Dez_

I think I like TLW with HCR better. I wouldn't say it feels "crisp" but it feels pretty good.

Those extra points in range really feel noticeable? I might have to try using the weapon again, cause I am currently terrible with it. Then again, I've always been more of a battle rifle/dmr range player. Tough Halo habits to break.

I played the free Overwatch weekend demo. Thought "this is kinda fun, in a Mr. Incredible kind of way." Then immediately went back to Destiny because the gunplay is so much better.

Overwatch is less about the gunplay, which while good is not Destiny, and more about the specific classes and how they work with each other.

Overwatch is about teamwork, even with randoms, whereas Destiny is much more lone wolf / KD whore friendly.

Different games that scratch a different itch.

JJShadow

Im kinda stuck at LL 306-310 for days now, what do I need to do to progress? Need some advice. Thanks!

I was stuck at LL ~310 for some days as well, and the fastest way to rank up is by doing KF, where you are guaranteed some nice ~320 drops. Besides this, you should consider CoE and Nightfall as well for high level drops, let me know if you need a hand with any of those!

NastyBook

Normal Mode Vault of Glass & Crota's End Raids today(Saturday, September 10th, 2016) at 8:00ish EST.

This is a fun run, and new raiders are welcome. The only real requirements are dictated by the game, so 170 light level will get you thru all this, any more, and you are overqualified.

We can go in blind if we get enough newbs that wish to experience the feel of raiding fresh.

Role Call
1.) GutZ31
2.)AuthenticM
3.)WipedOut
4.)Chucker(?)
5.)GibbShift
6.)

Currently there are 2 spots, and a third that may be open depending on family.
Running this with my Lock so I can sunspot the zealots.

I was stuck at LL ~310 for some days as well, and the fastest way to rank up is by doing KF, where you are guaranteed some nice ~320 drops. Besides this, you should consider CoE and Nightfall as well for high level drops, let me know if you need a hand with any of those!

This is good advice. It is fast and you will get a lot of drops.

Normal Mode Vault of Glass & Crota's End Raids today(Saturday, September 10th, 2016) at 8:00ish EST.

This is a fun run, and new raiders are welcome. The only real requirements are dictated by the game, so 170 light level will get you thru all this, any more, and you are overqualified.

We can go in blind if we get enough newbs that wish to experience the feel of raiding fresh.

Role Call
1.) GutZ31
2.)AuthenticM
3.)WipedOut
4.)Chucker(?)
5.)panama_chief
6.)

Sign me up please. Need that sparrow and an epilogue. And chatterwhite!

EL CUCO

Those extra points in range really feel noticeable? I might have to try using the weapon again, cause I am currently terrible with it. Then again, I've always been more of a battle rifle/dmr range player. Tough Halo habits to break.
I've been using it at the same close/medium range as usual and it feels a bit more consistent. Could be placebo tho. Needs testing for sure.

GutZ31

Role Call
1.) GutZ31
2.)AuthenticM
3.)WipedOut
4.)Chucker(?)
5.)Gibbshift
6.)Panama_Chief

Running this with my Lock so I can sunspot the zealots.

Sign me up please. Need that sparrow and an epilogue. And chatterwhite!

Looks like we have a team.
See you all at 8:00PM EST

Dibbs

Awesome, thanks JJ!

What are you currently doing in the game that got you to 310 LL? Don't want to suggest something to you that you're already doing.

Mostly Heroic Strikes and some Crucible now and then.

Mikey Jr.

I am fucking done trying to get a green bar in destiny.

I am fucking done.

I tried WiFi, Ethernet, open ports, static ip, DMZ.

Same thing over and over. Everyone has green bars except me. I am usually red, maybe sometimes yellow.

The only problem is that nothing feels wrong. Nobody is lagging out on my screen, I don't feel like I am lagging nor is anyone else.

My only problem is if I am lagging at OTHER people. I hate being that guy. Problem is that I don't know. Is it just a visual glitch?

I am fucking done trying to get a green bar in destiny.

I am fucking done.

I tried WiFi, Ethernet, open ports, static ip, DMZ.

Same thing over and over. Everyone has green bars except me. I am usually red, maybe sometimes yellow.

The only problem is that nothing feels wrong. Nobody is lagging out on my screen, I don't feel like I am lagging nor is anyone else.

My only problem is if I am lagging at OTHER people. I hate being that guy. Problem is that I don't know. Is it just a visual glitch?

What is your connection speed and how many devices do you have connected?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
The low drops in the strike playlist are likely because the taken war playlist isn't the top tier strike playlist anymore. Packages are still dropping at plus 6 LL as are end game rewards.

Speedtest on my phone shows 186mbps down, 6up. 12 ping.

6 or 7 devices? Not on at the same time mind you. Maybe 4 connected at once?

You shouldnt be getting a red bar with that connection. I know people who are borderline green / yellow bar all the time and they have 0.5 up and 2 down.

It sounds like a networking issue and your PS4 isnt getting enough bandwidth. Could be an issue with your router or other devices you have connected are hogging your bandwidth. I recommend you disconnect every device from the network and test a match in crucible. Then add each device in turn and see when issues happen.

Edit. Also run a psn network test. See how those results compare. They will be a bit slower but not enough to cause the red bar

Got my solar sword done finally. Also got the vienna singer ship.
Helped a friend get is chaperone. That strike is still a pain.

Not a bad morning at all

mhayze

Just pre-ordered ROI (gotta get that iron gjally) and trying to remember what to do. My 3 characters are mid-320s and I don't really feel like raiding, so I'm think I'm better off just doing Crucible bounties and trying to level my factions for packages - any thoughts on best use of time before the expansion?

Just pre-ordered ROI (gotta get that iron gjally) and trying to remember what to do. My 3 characters are mid-320s and I don't really feel like raiding, so I'm think I'm better off just doing Crucible bounties and trying to level my factions for packages - any thoughts on best use of time before the expansion?

Other than PvP, COE and Nightfall will be your friend if you dont want to to raid.

Well, I just finished off the main story I think with the Black Garden. I guess it's time to play the expansions and try and grind my way up to higher levels. Planning on levelling my Titan in the Defender subclass, I think.

I'm level 18 at the moment, what would people say is the best or quickest way to level up?

Well, I just finished off the main story I think with the Black Garden. I guess it's time to play the expansions and try and grind my way up to higher levels.

I'm level 18 at the moment, what would people say is the best or quickest way to level up?

Sadly you need to reach level 25 to start The Taken King content. Replay some mission and queue for legacy vanguard strike to reach that.

Mikey Jr.

You shouldnt be getting a red bar with that connection. I know people who are borderline green / yellow bar all the time and they have 0.5 up and 2 down.

It sounds like a networking issue and your PS4 isnt getting enough bandwidth. Could be an issue with your router or other devices you have connected are hogging your bandwidth. I recommend you disconnect every device from the network and test a match in crucible. Then add each device in turn and see when issues happen.

Edit. Also run a psn network test. See how those results compare. They will be a bit slower but not enough to cause the red bar

You are right. It is something that I have connected that was messing me up. Have no idea what though.

Could be either...

1. My computer
2. My roku
3. My phone using 5g.

Gonna put my phone in 5g and try again.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
You are right. It is something that I have connected that was messing me up. Have no idea what though.

Could be either...

1. My computer
2. My roku
3. My phone using 5g.

Gonna put my phone in 5g and try again.
I would get random red bars up until recently too and we were supposedly getting 150 down. Speedtests said more like 23 ffs. Long story short, my router was 5 years old so once I got a new one I've tested at 168 and no more red bars obv.

Top Bottom