• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Deku Tree

Got rid of all of my need to do upside down triangles in the director on all three characters, some of them by abandoning quests to the kiosk. Others by playing painful missions like First Firewall solo. Feels good man.

Not a bad idea to bring up as a suggestion to the admins. I don't know them that well.

EDIT: Top 2nd time in a row, sorry I have nothing exciting to share.

Well i'm already a part of clubs called NeoGAF and DestinyGAF on the X1 preview build, so i assume when the update hits everyone else, they will fill up with peeps.

Kalamari

The nerf to Titan increased control really has me salty, it seems like it's a case similar to the Hunter tripmine nerf, they let it run for so long without ever saying anything about it, but then they suddenly decide to change it. And when they do make the change it's not even in a class balancing update, they try to sneak it in with the RoI update, not listing it in the patch notes, hoping nobody will notice. Just seems like really poor form.

Seahawk space ferrari get! finally

X-Frame

The nerf to Shoulder Charge was intended because of how deadly it was when paired with the new Memory of Jolder Artifact (removed sprint cool down delay). Everyone is just going to run Juggernaut now instead.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/212706586

"Update 2.4.0 was deployed on 09/08/2016. Since then, like we do, we've been monitoring its performance. Making changes to a Live game is complicated, especially when a lot of those changes are not scheduled to go live until a later date. For a full list of known issues, DPS has a thread tracking them here. If you have found any other bugs, or parts of the game not behaving the way they should, make a post here.
There was an intended change that went out in 2.4.0 that was inadvertently left out of the patch notes. The change in question affects Shoulder Charge and its related exotic armor MK 44 Stand Asides:

- Time to charge Shoulder Charge has been slightly increased. (+1 second)
- Shoulder Charge attack speed and target tracking has been slightly reduced.
- The activation window for Shoulder Charge when using MK44 Stand Asides has been reduced (-4 seconds)

I spoke with the Sandbox team and they informed me that the combination of Shoulder Charge with the new Memory of Jolder Artifact in Rise of Iron was an excessively deadly combination that needed a little tuning. They also had this to say regarding “stealth nerfs”:

“Sandbox will never intentionally make “stealth nerfs”, the community would find them immediately regardless, so that would be silly. In this case, that specific change list didn’t have the #patchnotes tag we use to track balance changes during development. It was a mistake, and in the chaos that precedes release to the world it was missed in review. Apologies.”

We will get the Patch Notes updated on Monday. We also forgot to give you some good news about Banshee 44 selling Armor Materials."

Is DestinyGAF the proper title? I skimmed through the list earlier searching by game and Didn't come across it.

Yep. Looking at it now. "DestinyGAF" and its public.

What's your GT? It looks like i can recommend you for an invite. There's only 9 peeps in it so far, so it must be hard to find. The NeoGAF group is up to 50+ already.

“Sandbox will never intentionally make “stealth nerfs”, the community would find them immediately regardless, so that would be silly. In this case, that specific change list didn’t have the #patchnotes tag we use to track balance changes during development. It was a mistake, and in the chaos that precedes release to the world it was missed in review. Apologies.”

Something something lack of communication something something.

The fact that patch notes get released without somebody noticing "Wait we're missing a section of nerfs here" is um

It's something.

Something something lack of communication something something.

The fact that patch notes get released without somebody noticing "Wait we're missing a section of nerfs here" is um

It's something.
These are the same guys who had the .04 "typo"

Never forget.

But they have definitely been F tier in their communication with this patch.

DjRalford

Hey guys and gals, just starting to get back into destiny before rise of iron drops.

I'm like 40 296 light at the moment from where I left off end of last year, what's my best route for 300+ as I see the nightfall is now 320.

That's a really bad way for a developer to look at things.

"If it doesn't threaten our jobs, why improve on it?"

That's just going to lead to a lot of failure for Bungie.

Thats the American way. I'm sure same goes for a lot of top tier corporations around the world.

It shouldn't surprise you, and you can't really blame them.

Unless what they do negatively effects their profits, they could give a damn about what you, me, reddit, or NGAF thinks.

In the end, it's just business.

Thats the American way. I'm sure same goes for a lot of top tier corporations around the world.

It shouldn't surprise you, and you can't really blame them.

Unless what they do negatively effects their profits, they could give a damn about what you, me, reddit, or NGAF thinks.

In the end, it's just business.
It may not affect their profits now, but if they continue to go down this route, people are gonna have had enough and just drop the game because Bungie won't listen or talk to them.

Communication is probably the most important things for devs to do well in games like this. If you're not doing it right, your game might eventually tank.

It may not affect their profits now, but if they continue to go down this route, people are gonna have had enough and just drop the game because Bungie won't listen or talk to them.

Communication is probably the most important things for devs to do well in games like this. If you're not doing it right, your game might eventually tank.

We'll see. Same has been said in the past, but I'm pretty sure they have yet to see this negative effect because of changes they made without the communities approval.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Anyone want to run Oryx Challenge tomorrow evening in hard mode? I have the checkpoint so hopefully it will be a short and sweet run.

1) SlimySnake (TheNegativeDude)
2) Dez
3)
4)
5)
6)

Dez will be available in the evening but if we can get a full team by 3PM EST, we can run then as well.

McArkus

Anyone want to run Oryx Challenge tomorrow evening in hard mode? I have the checkpoint so hopefully it will be a short and sweet run.

2) Dez
3)
4)
5)
6)

Dez will be available in the evening but if we can get a full team by 3PM EST, we can run then as well.

Count me in, psn: McArkus

MrDaravon

Ha, just chilling in Mayhem Clash working on Warlock subclass crucible quests and watching floe stream and not really paying attention too much and got my first Party Crasher to drop LOL. I think it rolled terribly though, there's no range perks on it at all which I think you need on this? It rolled:

Smooth Ballistics/CQB Ballistics/Aggressive Ballistics
Full Auto
Lightweight/Injection Mold/Flared Magwell
Exhumed

Is this even worth keeping? Honestly no idea, I barely touch Crucible at this point outside of daily stuff.

Ha, just chilling in Mayhem Clash working on Warlock subclass crucible quests and watching floe stream and not really paying attention too much and got my first Party Crasher to drop LOL. I think it rolled terribly though, there's no range perks on it at all which I think you need on this? It rolled:

Smooth Ballistics/CQB Ballistics/Aggressive Ballistics
Full Auto
Lightweight/Injection Mold/Flared Magwell
Exhumed

Is this even worth keeping? Honestly no idea, I barely touch Crucible at this point outside of daily stuff.

Not worth keeping sadly. I know the feeling

SpecX

2) Dez
3)
4)
5)
6)

What time u thinking if you don't get the 3pm fulfilled?

Dalek

What are the best perks for Scout Rifles like Treads Upon Stars?

I have one with crowd control and army of one bit just got a new one with triple tap and firefly.

SpecX

But, if we ran the NF before Thursday, we can't double dip on rewards, right? I did it on all 3 toons on Tuesday, right after reset.
You guys should know better to rush into the weekly events when a major patch/update is hitting. This happens Everytime and someone ends up upset they miss out that week.

NeOak

What are the best perks for Scout Rifles like Treads Upon Stars?

I have one with crowd control and army of one bit just got a new one with triple tap and firefly.

That's a PvE scout, so the one with triple tap and Firefly is the one you want.

Dez_

What time u thinking if you don't get the 3pm fulfilled?

Most likely, I'll be able to run it by 8pm Pacific / 11pm EST. With any luck, I'll get home earlier, but that just depends on how work will go. I won't know until later on in the day. That said, if anyone wants to fill in the spots and start earlier, be my guest.

But, if we ran the NF before Thursday, we can't double dip on rewards, right? I did it on all 3 toons on Tuesday, right after reset.
To be honest, I have no idea if that's the case. I am curious to see if someone can confirm or deny it. I generally don't do too many NF's these days so this was the first and only one I did this week. Not a big fan of the SABER Strike in NF, to be honest.

Kalamari

The artifact that gives double melee and double grenades but takes away super is gonna be broken on Sunsingers, unless they slow the recharge rate (but they probably won't).

The artifact that gives double melee and double grenades but takes away super is gonna be broken on Sunsingers, unless they slow the recharge rate (but they probably won't).
Shhhhhhh. Thou shall not speak this things. They are watching.

Mida, radiant dance machines and the speed artifact should also be fun.

Dez_

How long until all these new artifact perks get nerfed? That's the question.

Top Bottom