• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Dmax3901

So my friend had this lying around and gave it to me, been playing it quite a bit. It's fun.

Thing is I don't have The Taken King or Rise of Iron. What's my best bet moving forward? Is it worth jumping into? Should I just buy The Taken King and see how I go? Or should I buy everything?

Sky Walker

All the more reason they need to separate goddamn PvE and PvP balancing -_-

Indeed, not being able to 1KO the light eater knights with my Eirene snipers is too stupid (even though It isn't a big deal since you can finish him with almost anything after 1 headshot). In the other hand, the Sidearm buff made them my to go secondary weapon for clearing mobs. Really fun to use them !

Stealthy edit: has anyone tried dreg's promes after the buff ?

MrDaravon

Ha, 2 matches later I get my first Eyasluna, seems maaaaaybe okay?

Steadyhand IS/Sureshot IS/Quickdraw IS
Spray and Play
Lighweight/Smallbore/Feather Mag
Life Support

No Rifled Barrel, and Life Support is kinda crap, but Spray and Play kinda cancels out the negatives of Smallbore? Maybe?

Ha, 2 matches later I get my first Eyasluna, seems maaaaaybe okay?

Steadyhand IS/Sureshot IS/Quickdraw IS
Spray and Play
Lighweight/Smallbore/Feather Mag
Life Support

No Rifled Barrel, and Life Support is kinda crap, but Spray and Play kinda cancels out the negatives of Smallbore? Maybe?
Rifled/Reinforced barrel or bust(for PvP) sadly. Too many phantom bullets otherwise.

They seriously need to fix phantom bullets soon.

Kalamari

So my friend had this lying around and gave it to me, been playing it quite a bit. It's fun.

Thing is I don't have The Taken King or Rise of Iron. What's my best bet moving forward? Is it worth jumping into? Should I just buy The Taken King and see how I go? Or should I buy everything?

I would buy everything, when Rise of Iron drops you can enjoy exploring the new content along with the rest of us.

MrDaravon

Rifled/Reinforced barrel or bust(for PvP) sadly. Too many phantom bullets otherwise.

They seriously need to fix phantom bullets soon.

Yeah, that's kinda what I thought lol. It would PvP only for sure. Oh well, not a big deal really. Seeing a lot more drops in general in the Crucible though so that's good.

Hey guys and gals, just starting to get back into destiny before rise of iron drops.

I'm like 40 296 light at the moment from where I left off end of last year, what's my best route for 300+ as I see the nightfall is now 320.

Raid and the 320 activities, if you dont want to or can't do these, you'll have to wait till ROI as the main solo progression method has been nerfed (blues).

robo

getting there slowly but surely for the 20th.

Just need to get my Titan closer and then all three should be done by end of the week, then its no play time in case I go over lol.

CsDX9HGWYAA69Vg.jpg

CsDXqkdWYAAbjyD.jpg

CsDWo67W8AA-Ch_.jpg

CsDXYN_WgAASTys.jpg

CsDWakUWEAAqAxb.jpg

CsDVfYiXEAAo1zm.jpg

do the story mission first, see what LL I get to with any rewards and then spend an hour in the tower decrypting ;(

robo

right gaffers.

Really need to do Oryx CM today with my nipper as its his last fragment fo the MOT. I am away from tomorrow so cant do it tomorrow night with him.

We are around all day until approx 20:00UK.

If I can get 4 more to help, we have Hard mode checkpoint at Oryx so shouldn't take to long hopefully.

1. Gulfwarvet
2. my nipper

any helpers would be appreciated.

Gulfy

robo

I still have no idea what a nipper is

a kid?

a significant other?

a video game playing dog?

Kid, as in nipping at your ankels;)

Although he has done the raid far more then me and plays PVP, where as I play PVE.

As he is the youngest, he is nipper and will be for ever ;)

Melchiah

I really dislike how the game has started to throw <200 greens and <250 blues since the update. It's just trash for a +330 player, and it's annoying to constantly discard them. If this is how it's going to be now on patrols, it's just another change for the worst, especially when patrols are what I play the most.

Y7yQPgt.jpg

I didn't like the 1000-Yard Stare nerf either, and it feels like the hunter class has become more squishy than before.

Not a bad idea to bring up as a suggestion to the admins. I don't know them that well.

EDIT: Top 2nd time in a row, sorry I have nothing exciting to share.

DestinyGAF seems like the best club name, so let's try and point people to that :) as clubs are still fairly new i bagged the name "DGAF" but I don't really want to run/admin a club and we really really only want one :)

I'll see if I can add a note pointing to DestinyGAF in case someone happens to search for it.

To be honest, on the Xbox side, I don't think we lack for communication options...it's getting everyone to reliably use the same one that doesn't seem to have worked too well.

The Discord channel works well for chat and LFG and people are slowly getting signed up on it.

There have been the100 groups in the past and things like that but they've fizzled out again. Hopefully Discord plus the Xbox club will be enough.

so they're letting people decrypt old engrams into new content this time around?

correct me if I'm wrong but that never worked in the past

feel like that's kinda crappy when people gonna have all the cool new shit on day one

Jinjo

The artifact that gives double melee and double grenades but takes away super is gonna be broken on Sunsingers, unless they slow the recharge rate (but they probably won't).

Supposedly it even stacks with +1 to melee/grenade exotics and class perks.

I don't see how it is broken though, you can easily get double melee and nade while keeping your super in the game at the moment already.

It was shipped bugged "allegedly"

Greg C Peng &#8207;@gregcpeng Sep 9 Seattle, WA
Sleeper Simulant was not intentionally nerfed, a projectile physics bug allowed it sometimes do 2x damage on vehicles and large collision.

ah yes

just how the titan skate was also 'unintentional'

Next up-Hunters triple jump 'unintentional'

I want to like your game bungie

Jumped off a cliff when my "earn 10k exp on the dreadnought without dying" is at 95%. FML. Entire afternoon ruined ffs.

Never waste time doing that bounty like it's worded. Complete other vanguard bounties on the dreadnaught and turn them in while you're on patrol, they will count towards the 100% one.

4 or 5 normal bounties will auto-complete the 100% bounty, just make sure you turn them in on patrol. Won't work in orbit.

JonnyKong

My guess is that as long as you're 300+ light level, you should be fine for the expansion. 10 days is plenty of time to get there. Now that you're done with Taken King story, everything about be dropped in the high 200's at least for you.

Thank you for replying to me last night! I fell asleep before I could read this haha.

Melchiah

Never waste time doing that bounty like it's worded. Complete other vanguard bounties on the dreadnaught and turn them in while you're on patrol, they will count towards the 100% one.

4 or 5 normal bounties will auto-complete the 100% bounty, just make sure you turn them in on patrol. Won't work in orbit.

Yeah, that's what I always do as well.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Trains will get a boost. Hopefully in time for Iron.

asdfdffdf.gif

Wish Driz were around to see my badass new PC.

Wonder where the general is, if he's going to come back for Iron. If he even knows about Driz.

Yeah I know that, I was doing today's bounties which can be completed there, I'm like 10 void kills from finish and then boom. Worse thing is today's other bounties are not on there so next day I guess.

robo

Yeah I know that, I was doing today's bounties which can be completed there, I'm like 10 void kills from finish and then boom. Worse thing is today's other bounties are not on there so next day I guess.

the other bounties can be completed anywhere and will still count towards the 10,000 one as long as you hand them all in while patroling.

its probs the easiest to get as you really don't need to do anyhting with that bounty. Just do the rest and hand them in and it completes.

the other bounties can be completed anywhere and will still count towards the 10,000 one as long as you hand them all in while patroling.

its probs the easiest to get as you really don't need to do anyhting with that bounty. Just do the rest and hand them in and it completes.

WHAT you can do THAT!! Thanks lol.

right gaffers.

Really need to do Oryx CM today with my nipper as its his last fragment fo the MOT. I am away from tomorrow so cant do it tomorrow night with him.

We are around all day until approx 20:00UK.

If I can get 4 more to help, we have Hard mode checkpoint at Oryx so shouldn't take to long hopefully.

1. Gulfwarvet
2. my nipper
3. Noisepurge
4. Noisepurge 2

any helpers would be appreciated.

Gulfy

PS4? I can be there with a buddy.

Ready whenever, chill sunday

So if I bought Taken King now then Rise of Iron when it came out, I would be spending double the money than if I just waited for Rise of Iron to come out?

Best off buying destiny the collection. It includes everything from Y1 and Y2 and RoI. You will be able to play all old content now and RoI when it comes out on 20th

Zakalwe

Banned
so they're letting people decrypt old engrams into new content this time around?

correct me if I'm wrong but that never worked in the past

feel like that's kinda crappy when people gonna have all the cool new shit on day one

This is very true. People seem to be assuming it will work for some reason.

I think the new items people have found were glitches. They were specific items/types only.

However, using those engrams post-release will still level the Cryptarch for new gear. So it's definitely worth it.

Played a bunch today going for a Trespasser.

Got a Dragon's Breath and Patience and Time instead. Going to leave most characters on the brink of faction/Crucible /vanguard /gunsmith rank ups until Rise of Iron.

GorillaJu

Played a bunch today going for a Trespasser.

Got a Dragon's Breath and Patience and Time instead. Going to leave most characters on the brink of faction/Crucible /vanguard /gunsmith rank ups until Rise of Iron.

Assuming that you want to hit close to the LL cap you can get from blues (370 maybe?) before you start opening your packages...

Gunsmith and factions you can control your progress with but vanguard is gonna be hard to avoid leveling up before you're high enough LL to benefit from the package.

There is a likelihood of a gunsmith-involved quest in the main story too, as well as turn-ins like the ones for the Sleeper, that will raise your faction and put you over the edge.

Crucible, house of judgment and factions seem like safe bets though. I'm not sweating over edging Vanguard faction.

Zakalwe

Banned
I've got Oryx normal mode checkpoint.

Is anyone able to help me and a friend complete this later please?

Need four willing guardians. Most likely be around 8pm GMT.

robo

I've got Oryx normal mode checkpoint.

Is anyone able to help me and a friend complete this later please?

Need four willing guardians. Most likely be around 8pm GMT.

me and my nipper can helpa s we need it as well.

gulfwarvet +1

if noisepurge is around then we should be able to get six

Zakalwe

Banned
Just found a RL in my inventory. I don't remember where I found it, but it's a beast:

3 rockets in the tube
+blast radius
cluster bombs

So Boom.

gulfwarvet +1

Thanks a bunch. :3

Zakalwe

Banned
Adding to the above, I've found some really nice rolls lately.

The HP is a beast in pvp after the buffs. It's fun in pve too, but I find shotguns and snipers much more effective in pve in general.

The rocket is just a godsend. The exact mix of perks I wanted from one. With the CB update it's even more of a find.

The Handcannon is a lot of fun in pve. Constantly aiming for FF crits while keeping the radar up feels great.

Just need to find some infusion worthy drops to buff them...

7yDjcB5.jpg

RruUNvT.jpg

ArWS9lO.jpg

gulfwarvet +1

Is the challenge fragment available on normal mode too?

And i thought robo needed to get it done before 8pm?

Any chance to go sooner?

Big thanks to Hippo and his friend Oblivion for the help with CoE. It was great fun! Looking forward to playing with you guys again.

If there is anyone else who plays on XB1 feel free to add me. GT is the same as my username.

Top Bottom