• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

GorillaJu

Anyone want to join in for some Nightfall? I've finished for the week but I want to try and raise my LL through boss drops a bit yet before ROI.

right gaffers.

Really need to do Oryx CM today with my nipper as its his last fragment fo the MOT. I am away from tomorrow so cant do it tomorrow night with him.

We are around all day until approx 20:00UK.

If I can get 4 more to help, we have Hard mode checkpoint at Oryx so shouldn't take to long hopefully.

1. Gulfwarvet
2. my nipper

any helpers would be appreciated.

Gulfy

You can add my name to that, along with Noisepurge and his buddy. I'm light level 296. Is that enough?

Dmax3901

Best off buying destiny the collection. It includes everything from Y1 and Y2 and RoI. You will be able to play all old content now and RoI when it comes out on 20th

See I think the copy I got from my fried has vanilla plus the first two expansions, all I'm missing is TTK and RoI. Is it my only option?

Assuming that you want to hit close to the LL cap you can get from blues (370 maybe?) before you start opening your packages...

Gunsmith and factions you can control your progress with but vanguard is gonna be hard to avoid leveling up before you're high enough LL to benefit from the package.

There is a likelihood of a gunsmith-involved quest in the main story too, as well as turn-ins like the ones for the Sleeper, that will raise your faction and put you over the edge.

Crucible, house of judgment and factions seem like safe bets though. I'm not sweating over edging Vanguard faction.

Edging for me isn't about LL numbers. It's about the gear inside at first. Why would I be worried about edging it over for LL at the launch? Not like I'll get one package and never play again.

robo

Is the challenge fragment available on normal mode too?

And i thought robo needed to get it done before 8pm?

Any chance to go sooner?

the fragment is available on both, reason most do it on hard is for the double drops.

Son is at school tomorrow but he can spare an extra hour, early would be good if poss though.

the fragment is available on both, reason most do it on hard is for the double drops.

Son is at school tomorrow but he can spare an extra hour, early would be good if poss though.

Me and my buddy are ready whenever, sent you a friend request and zakalwe i already have on my list :) normal is fine too, i also just need the last fragment.

phen0m24

See I think the copy I got from my fried has vanilla plus the first two expansions, all I'm missing is TTK and RoI. Is it my only option?

I think what people are saying is you'll get TTK and RoI when it drops (Sep 20) for one price, rather than buying TTK now and then RoI later.

I'm confused. What downside is there to being overleveled for something?

There is no penalty to bring overlevrled. It doesn't provide a tremendous armor benefit, as the enemies can still hurt you, but your DPS when 40 vs 32 or 34 is much better.

DestinyGAF seems like the best club name, so let's try and point people to that :) as clubs are still fairly new i bagged the name "DGAF" but I don't really want to run/admin a club and we really really only want one :)

I'll see if I can add a note pointing to DestinyGAF in case someone happens to search for it.

To be honest, on the Xbox side, I don't think we lack for communication options...it's getting everyone to reliably use the same one that doesn't seem to have worked too well.

The Discord channel works well for chat and LFG and people are slowly getting signed up on it.

There have been the100 groups in the past and things like that but they've fizzled out again. Hopefully Discord plus the Xbox club will be enough.
I meant on the forums, not questioning the Club name.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Two quick questions:

I am at level 29, what LL should I be at?

I picked up the level 25 boost with my level 29 character. Now I can't find the level boost. Should I have picked the boost up with a new character? Is it gone?

No downside, the loot is also determined based on your level, not the enemy's. You can still get level 40 drops doing level 4 earth patrols.

Well, that is pretty cool.

phen0m24

Two quick questions:

I picked up the level 25 boost with my level 29 character. Now I can't find the level boost. Should I have picked the boost up with a new character? Is it gone?

You want to first work toward level 40, and then you'll work on your light level. One step at a time though. Do bounties and story missions, daily story and crucible, and you'll get experience from those activities - pushing your level up higher. We can talk about light level once you hit 40. :)

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
You want to first work toward level 40, and then you'll work on your light level. One step at a time though. Do bounties and story missions, daily story and crucible, and you'll get experience from those activities - pushing your level up higher. We can talk about light level once you hit 40. :)

LOL Thanks for the response!

Clunker

Two quick questions:

As said above, don't even sweat light levels until you hit 40 - at that point you'll unlock more of the strike playlists, legendary marks, and all sorts of options for gear that will help you start buffing up. Just do the story until you hit 40, and roll in some Crucible if that's your thing.

I might be mistaken but I think you have to finish the first set of TTK story missions (ending with Regicide and the late title card) before you unlock the King's Fall raid. On the other hand, you don't have to complete the vanilla story missions to open up VoG or Crota's End, as they'll open when you reach a certain level or LL.

And the Spark of Light you picked up should be in your Inventory, but I'm not sure where. Of you use an app gear manager like Ishtar Commander or the official Destiny app you can look for it - it might have moved over to the vault for some reason, or maybe postmaster if you were full.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Oryx - Normal - Today

1. AuthenticM

What time, what level do you need to be? Also, what expansion? as only have EX 1/2.

And the Spark of Light you picked up should be in your Inventory, but I'm not sure where. Of you use an app gear manager like Ishtar Commander or the official Destiny app you can look for it - it might have moved over to the vault for some reason, or maybe postmaster if you were full.

I'll look there. Thanks!

right gaffers.

Really need to do Oryx CM today with my nipper as its his last fragment fo the MOT. I am away from tomorrow so cant do it tomorrow night with him.

If I can get 4 more to help, we have Hard mode checkpoint at Oryx so shouldn't take to long hopefully.

1. Gulfwarvet
2. my nipper

Gulfy

Hey, count me in.

mocolos_usa. Send inv when ready, will be on destiny all afternoon.

What time, what level do you need to be? Also, what expansion? as only have EX 1/2.

Light level 280 minimum. The time will depend on the others, but I should be available all day. My only obligation is doing the groceries, which I should do before noon EST.

I don't know to what you refer by "expansion".

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Light level 280 minimum. The time will depend on the others, but I should be available all day. My only obligation is doing the groceries, which I should do before noon EST.

I don't know to what you refer by "expansion".

Rats, my LL disqualifies me. I will be on for a few hours later, so if you wanna team up for some Crucible just look for me.

Expansion I/II The Dark Below and House of Wolves. I don't have TTK.

How to juke a stormcaller

3o6ZsTfl3RAMNl69sk.gif

Rats, my LL disqualifies me. I will be on for a few hours later, so if you wanna team up for some Crucible just look for me.

Expansion I/II The Dark Below and House of Wolves. I don't have TTK.

Do you want to do House of Wolves with me? I have yet to do those.

I just hope I have a Trespasser before they drag that one out back for its inevitable beatdown.

I didn't find it that good for PvP— time between bursts and range drop off made it not feel as effective as my Häkke ones.

If there is anyone else who plays on XB1 feel free to add me. GT is the same as my username.

Added!

You do however need to kill oryx on hard once for the final fragment if you don't have it already.

There isn't a hard mode fragment, though.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Not having TTK means that the oryx raid isnt available to you. TTK is probably best expansion destiny has had in terms of story development and quests.

Oh, I see. Well if you don't have The Taken King, I would highly suggest buying the physical Collection in a week. You'll have everything with that.

Yeah, I am borrowing my nephew TTK game, but he already download everything. I have HoW/TDB from the Destiny LE. But The Collection is already preordered and paid for!

Do you want to do House of Wolves with me? I have yet to do those.

That might be an idea. Let's see when we are both on later. Thanks!

raindoc

right gaffers.

1. Gulfwarvet
2. my nipper

Gulfy

I need a Oryx kill too, got the checkpoint (NM)
EDIT: available all day

Rahvar

right gaffers.

1. Gulfwarvet
2. my nipper

Gulfy

Hey Gulf

Had a house guest since Thursday so playing has been limited.
If you need help with the rais I'll be available.

Anyone else have XBone pre-order transactions go through today? Dealing with Microsoft support right now. Had an old credit card on file and received notice from my card company that a transaction with Microsoft was declined. Microsoft seems to have no idea what's going. Just curious if other people have had pre-order transactions go through so that I can figure out what the heck is going on.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
You have four days remaining to earn the Oryx Challenge Calcified Fragment & complete “Eris Morn’s Revenge.”

Saw this on the Destiny Twitter page. Um... important?

I'm going to miss out on tons of stuff jumping back in this last. Like year 2 rollovers, etc. Sigh,

Shito

Taking care of quests I had left behind: boy, the one to unlock the weekly crucible bounties goes on FOR.EV.ER.
Been working on it since yesterday and it seems I have still a good while to go... What was their reason to make it so fucking long? The completion percentage for this one must be so low...

Nicodemic

Anybody wants to join me to get the silent scream emblem? Small quest we have to do in patrol on the Dreadnought. Need mic so we can sync up.

PSN: Nicodemic

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Anybody wants to join me to get the silent scream emblem? Small quest we have to do in patrol on the Dreadnought. Need mic so we can sync up.

PSN: Nicodemic
You can just solo it and kill the knight for the emblem. Just did it yesterday. There's a hole in the ceiling above the ramp in the area with the large turbine. Hard to explain. Just watch a video of it. The knight is also and ultra so use your 3oC on him.

Top Bottom