• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Taking care of quests I had left behind: boy, the one to unlock the weekly crucible bounties goes on FOR.EV.ER.
Been working on it since yesterday and it seems I have still a good while to go... What was their reason to make it so fucking long? The completion percentage for this one must be so low...

You are doing the quick version. The original quest needed wins instead of completions and was 1 quest. Not 3 seperate ones. This meant you couldnt complete multiple parts at once.

Clunker

Hey, who should I message or how can I get an invite to the DGAF discord(s)? I'm on XB1 but wouldn't mind both so I can distract myself while on break at work.

I sent a few friend requests for XBone gamertags I saw earlier, and people can always add me (GT: Holden Cawffle). My Warlock is just at 318LL and my playtimes are erratic but always looking for chill people to play with.

Hippo and ThingOnTheFloor, thanks again for helping out with that KF NM raid last night! I dont think you could hear Ji3o but he was goddamned ecstatic since he was telling us every raid group he's put together since September has crapped out on him right at Oryx. It was my second full clear and I'm happy to try HM if you need anyone.

shingi70

Banned
Yep. Looking at it now. "DestinyGAF" and its public.

What's your GT? It looks like i can recommend you for an invite. There's only 9 peeps in it so far, so it must be hard to find. The NeoGAF group is up to 50+ already.

Can you recommend me invites for the clubs. My gamertag is Shingi the 70.

Shito

You are doing the quick version. The original quest needed wins instead of completions and was 1 quest. Not 3 seperate ones. This meant you couldnt complete multiple parts at once.
Yeah, saw the changes, but even then it's such a bore to complete even now. They could easily have cut the tasks needed by two.
They really went crazy with the original version of this quest. ^^

shingi70

Banned
Hey, who should I message or how can I get an invite to the DGAF discord(s)? I'm on XB1 but wouldn't mind both so I can distract myself while on break at work.

I sent a few friend requests for XBone gamertags I saw earlier, and people can always add me (GT: Holden Cawffle). My Warlock is just at 318LL and my playtimes are erratic but always looking for chill people to play with.

Hippo and ThingOnTheFloor, thanks again for helping out with that KF NM raid last night! I dont think you could hear Ji3o but he was goddamned ecstatic since he was telling us every raid group he's put together since September has crapped out on him right at Oryx. It was my second full clear and I'm happy to try HM if you need anyone.

I'm down for a hard mode raid later tonight. I won't be hope until 8 or 9pm est.

Nicodemic

You can just solo it and kill the knight for the emblem. Just did it yesterday. There's a hole in the ceiling above the ramp in the area with the large turbine. Hard to explain. Just watch a video of it. The knight is also and ultra so use your 3oC on him.

Sir, thank you for taking the time to post. Just did it solo and got an exotic engram to boot. Very appreciated!

Edit: Gods in heaven! The Zen Meteor!!! :-DDD

MrDaravon

I literally cannot complete the Shaxx quest to grab and score as the rift runner to save my fucking life. I've been working on it on my Warlock off and on for like two weeks now and it just consistently puts me on garbage/random teams against full fireteams on the opposite end. I've only even managed to grab the fucking thing ONCE in maybe 15 games and got immediately melted. It's really fucking frustrating, only because I want to try to clear my quest log on all my characters before RoI. Do we have any idea if Crucible quests like this will be doable in private matches or not? I know you can do dailies but I think not weeklies, not sure what this would qualify as.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I literally cannot complete the Shaxx quest to grab and score as the rift runner to save my fucking life. I've been working on it on my Warlock off and on for like two weeks now and it just consistently puts me on garbage/random teams against full fireteams on the opposite end. I've only even managed to grab the fucking thing ONCE in maybe 15 games and got immediately melted. It's really fucking frustrating, only because I want to try to clear my quest log on all my characters before RoI. Do we have any idea if Crucible quests like this will be doable in private matches or not? I know you can do dailies but I think not weeklies, not sure what this would qualify as.

Or join a train. My train. You'll be grabbing plenty of balls.

Train whenever.

hjhjhj2224c.gif

shermas

I think there's just one discord channel now... There's a general area and an LFG area that both ps4 and xb1 post in. My GT is Shermas, feel free to add me. I'm gonna be farting around until ROI drops, just grinding more mats and strange coins and helping people finish whatever quests they need to wrap up before the 20th.

Going into the 'misc quest' area on the companion app and helping people with the Touch of Malice quest or swords or whatever is pretty fun. Hearing them scream when they finally finish some of those missions takes me back to Y1 and listening to people get Gally drops.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Sir, thank you for taking the time to post. Just did it solo and got an exotic engram to boot. Very appreciated!

Edit: Gods in heaven! The Zen Meteor!!! :-DDD
Nice! No problem. It was one I was sitting on for a while too. Was excited to see that hole hadn't been patched with invisible architecture or whatever. Enjoy the Meteor! :)

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
online now, little early, Zak sent a fr when online. sitting doing bounties.

gulf

if you guys need one. send me a FR. PSN: TheNegativeDude

Guys there is another Oryx HM Challenge Mode group I started last night. We have three so far.

Anyone want to run Oryx Challenge tomorrow evening in hard mode? I have the checkpoint so hopefully it will be a short and sweet run.

1) SlimySnake (TheNegativeDude)
2) Dez
3) McKarcus
4)
5)
6)

Dez will be available in the evening but if we can get a full team by 3PM EST, we can run then as well.

If we can get another four, we will start at 3PM. Otherwise, it will be later in the night around 10ish EST.

Mikey Jr.

You guys should make a PS4 community strictly for destiny and make it invite only if possible.

That way I could say on here, looking for 2 on nightfall, check out the community.

Then on the ps4, I can create an open lobby and people on there can join.

Rather than having to add someone as a friend, join them from there, blah blah.

You guys should make a PS4 community strictly for destiny and make it invite only if possible.

That way I could say on here, looking for 2 on nightfall, check out the community.

We do have a Destiny community, but it's pretty dead.

There is a community, but pretty much no one uses it.

EL CUCO

I'm impressed by how Bungie has managed to consistently get new V/O from Lenny James...even if he does sound different everytime lol

noomi

Decided to try Ishtar Commander today, its good... But it aint got nothin' on loadouts for destiny.

Loadouts still reigns supreme.

Lnkn52

Worst offense in the game.... Having the same cloak design BUT NOT APPLYING THE SHADER EFFECT THE SAME WAY (because they have different names):

VEJ2XKH.jpg

Anyone on gaf want to do anything, or need help with anything?

Edit: If not, I'm going to go exercise and continue to ponder the mysteries of the universe.

JJShadow

I'll be chilling around doing some patrols for the next couple of hours, if anyone needs help with anything throw me an invite!

PSN is JJShadow77

MrDaravon

Or join a train. My train. You'll be grabbing plenty of balls.

Train whenever.

hjhjhj2224c.gif

hot

I finally managed to get it, had to kinda screw over my team but whatever lol (we barely won anyway). I still want to get on a train one of these nights since I have a ton of Crucible stuff to do in general on my alts (right now my Warlock specifically needs wins on a fireteam if nothing else) but I work most nights so I usually miss the train :(

Edit: Ooh, think I maybe finally got a decent Party Crasher?

Linear Compensator/Field Choke/Aggressive Ballistics
Life Support
Fitted Stock/Oiled Frame/Reinforced Barrel
Exhumed

Life Support and Exhumed are both kinda crap, but Field Choke + Reinforced Barrel is maybe good enough to make this one finally worth using?

hot

I finally managed to get it, had to kinda screw over my team but whatever lol (we barely won anyway). I still want to get on a train one of these nights since I have a ton of Crucible stuff to do in general on my alts (right now my Warlock specifically needs wins on a fireteam if nothing else) but I work most nights so I usually miss the train :(

Edit: Ooh, think I maybe finally got a decent Party Crasher?

Linear Compensator/Field Choke/Aggressive Ballistics
Life Support
Fitted Stock/Oiled Frame/Reinforced Barrel
Exhumed

Life Support and Exhumed are both kinda crap, but Field Choke + Reinforced Barrel is maybe good enough to make this one finally worth using?

Yes thats a good roll. Use aggressive ballistics because it still hits the range cap with agg+reinforced/rifled barrel. Life support is decent-ish. Exhumed is garbage. But its a good shotgun because it hits range cap+extra impact.

Vic_Viper

Where is the best place to find some Taken enemies quickly? Trying to do the second part of the Dreadfang sword questline and I cant seem to find any on the dreadnaut patrol.

Edit: NVM, found a bunch on the Earth patrol zone.

Arrrammis

Worst offense in the game.... Having the same cloak design BUT NOT APPLYING THE SHADER EFFECT THE SAME WAY (because they have different names):

VEJ2XKH.jpg

On the bright side, you get a choice of which one you want to use. The crucible warlock helmet is similar; The normal helmet takes on racing stripe type design with shaders, while the spektar helmet is a solid color.

Where is the best place to find some Taken enemies quickly? Trying to do the second part of the Dreadfang sword questline and I cant seem to find any on the dreadnaut patrol

The new strike on the moon added in the april update has 50+ taken spawn in the first room, really easy to get taken kills there.

MrDaravon

Yes thats a good roll. Use aggressive ballistics because it still hits the range cap with agg+reinforced/rifled barrel. Life support is decent-ish. Exhumed is garbage. But its a good shotgun because it hits range cap+extra impact.

Awesome, thanks! I usually only use Shotguns in PvP so it's nice to finally have a solid one, I've been using some okay Conspiracy-D's (I don't like sniping).

Vic_Viper

Got my Dredfang sword and hit Light Level 300 finally! Still havent done the Taken King Raid yet lol. Need to get on that as soon as I have a day off!

Top Bottom