• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Eusis

Crota raid checkpoint. Been there awhile actually but would like to tackle that later today, thanks. PSN is same as username.

Smokey

You want to first work toward level 40, and then you'll work on your light level. One step at a time though. Do bounties and story missions, daily story and crucible, and you'll get experience from those activities - pushing your level up higher. We can talk about light level once you hit 40. :)

I just got back into Destiny after not playing for over a year, and not seriously playing since launch. I bought the Destiny Collection on PSN, so now I have everything for Rise. Still learning where everything is again and getting the hang of things. Where is the daily story 'mission' located?

I just got back into Destiny after not playing for over a year, and not seriously playing since launch. I bought the Destiny Collection on PSN, so now I have everything for Rise. Still learning where everything is again and getting the hang of things. Where is the daily story 'mission' located?

Go to orbit, select location, it is to the bottom left of the map, all the daily/weekly activities are listed there.

Hey all!

My S.O. is looking to do oryx cm (last thing left for MOT). She has the oryx cp but needs some help as she has only done the oryx fight once before. If anyone is willing to do some Sherpa work or looking to give it a shot with her she would be very grateful

PSN: rhysspiecess

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Big thanks to JJShadow and AuthenticM for taking me on the House of Wolves missions with them. My LL was too low, but we managed. And I found out that I have some very badass weapons from Year 1 (Icebreaker, Shadow Price), which don't mean shit now. lol At least my armor with reduced revive time came in handy.

Magik

Hey all!

My S.O. is looking to do oryx cm (last thing left for MOT). She has the oryx cp but needs some help as she has only done the oryx fight once before. If anyone is willing to do some Sherpa work or looking to give it a shot with her she would be very grateful

I'll lend a hand.

X_magik_ox psn

JonnyKong

So I lost my court of Oryx virginity earlier, that was certainly.. something. It was insane to say the least, and I could certainly tell that I was the weak link amongst the four. I think the three randoms I got put with were arseholes to be honest, they kept shooting at me in between each round obviously telling me to go away, and then when I finally used my first rune, they stayed at the top and watched me take on the enemies on my own :(

And then one of them added me as a friend and invited me to his play list, so silly me thinking they were being friendly accepted, and then they kicked me immediately out the play list and I was put back into orbit :(

Apart from those guys being dicks, I still had fun.

How do I get more runes?

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Got my ass handed to me in the Crucible by a guy with a hammer. WTF?

And then one of them added me as a friend and invited me to his play list, so silly me thinking they were being friendly accepted, and then they kicked me immediately out the play list and I was put back into orbit :(

Dude, awful.

Hey guys, a bit LTTP with Destiny, just finished the story and wanted to do the Vault of Glass raid but found it quite hard to do solo, and was wondering if anyone wanted to do it? Maybe not now, but whenever any of you guys are free. I just thought since the Destiny OT is one of the most active community threads, I'd post here.

PSN: Kralamoonard

I live in the UK for reference :)

Also was wondering how PvP works? Are the weapon damage standardised from the campaign or people with exotic white weapons going to be more powerful than those with blue weapons?

So I lost my court of Oryx virginity earlier, that was certainly.. something. It was insane to say the least, and I could certainly tell that I was the weak link amongst the four. I think the three randoms I got put with were arseholes to be honest, they kept shooting at me in between each round obviously telling me to go away, and then when I finally used my first rune, they stayed at the top and watched me take on the enemies on my own :(

How do I get more runes?
Wow, fuck those people.

How do I get more runes?

Wow

If you want a coo partner let me know

That's awful

Psn robdraggoo

Arrrammis

Hey guys, a bit LTTP with Destiny, just finished the story and wanted to do the Vault of Glass raid but found it quite hard to do solo, and was wondering if anyone wanted to do it? Maybe not now, but whenever any of you guys are free. I just thought since the Destiny OT is one of the most active community threads, I'd post here.

PSN: Kralamoonard

I live in the UK for reference :)

Also was wondering how PvP works? Are the weapon damage standardised from the campaign or people with exotic white weapons going to be more powerful than those with blue weapons?

Welcome! The Vault of Glass is made for a 6 person team, so it's no surprise that you can't solo it:). A lot of people are usually around in the evenings, so it you post a time then people will usually respond if they're available and they want to raid (people usually want to raid).

PvP ignores light levels (except for Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris, which are the endgame PvP events), so your lvl. 1 Kvostov auto rifle does the same damage as a lvl. 40 light 335 Shadow Price. The only difference is perks, where legendaries and exotics have a bit of an advantage because they have more perks available, such as faster reload, more damage after a kill, more stability, etc.

Eusis

I had a reasonably good time when I was running it a few nights ago (Court of Oryx) but there was one case where they were just kinda dumb instead, fighting the fanatic of Crota and not realizing it was a copy of the Crota raid.

That's when lack of communication in the game can be really frustrating. And probably why raid matchmaking wasn't a thing.

Zocano

Thought I'd do the Triumph things last minute but forgot that 3 of the fragments were tied to the challenges and I would not be able to complete them in time ): I only have Gorgoroth's and would need warpriest and oryx.

I'm an idiot.

NeOak

How do I get more runes?

wtf? Being elitist at CoO is like being elistist at a public event. Fuck those people. I've clung to randoms without using runes to level up reputation and they actually have appreciated the extra firepower.

You can buy them from Eris if you have high enough rank, otherwise, they can drop from her quests as well as using lower ranked runes that might have a chance to give you a higher ranked rune in the chest.

Thought I'd do the Triumph things last minute but forgot that 3 of the fragments were tied to the challenges and I would not be able to complete them in time ): I only have Gorgoroth's and would need warpriest and oryx.

I'm an idiot.

You can do Oryx before reset then warpriest Tuesday

NeOak

I'm an idiot.

Oryx is this week's CM and Warpriest is next week's.

You're fine.

I'm an idiot.

And you can get the fragment in normal mode as well

I should have the cp if you want it

What's the fastest way to farm Mote of Lights right now? Need a pretty big amount to level up Dead Orbit quickly for the Hung Jury. PoE seems ok but the time investment is probably not worth it for the 2-5 per run.

How do I get more runes?

Jesus fucking christ those dickheads.

JonnyKong

Despite those guys being jerks to me in the Court, I went back again as I needed to complete a quest, and luckily the three randoms I got that time were a lot nicer and let me join in.

It's great when you do a strike or anything of the sort on this game that involves match making and you end up playing alongside genuine, decent players. I think not communicating to them via a headset makes it a more hilarious and unique experience, especially as you can simply build up a bond by using an emote or two.

Hey all!

I'm ready with her.

Others join us.

Despite those guys being jerks to me in the Court, I went back again as I needed to complete a quest, and luckily the three randoms I got that time were a lot nicer and let me join in.

It's great when you do a strike or anything of the sort on this game that involves match making and you end up playing alongside genuine, decent players. I think not communicating to them via a headset makes it a more hilarious and unique experience, especially as you can simply build up a bond by using an emote or two.

There are waaaay cooler people than dicks in Destiny.

What's the fastest way to farm Mote of Lights right now? Need a pretty big amount to level up Dead Orbit quickly for the Hung Jury. PoE seems ok but the time investment is probably not worth it for the 2-5 per run.

Jesus fucking christ those dickheads.

You can do the trick to get the spire to form then sneak in the door to VoG get the chests for shards and energy turn them into the speaker for a few motes. Only takes a few min to get some. Public events award them. Do strikes and you'll rank up your mote lvl while getting engrams. Blue ones turn into motes a good bit of the time.

How do I get more runes?
I can see there being people like that for strikes and stuff, but CoO?

What jerks.

Zocano

Hey all!

Do you guys have a full team for CM or need a hand, I can hop on if you're short a player.

Assume you're doing normal mode?

Zocano you may want to join this..

Pff didn't notice. I'd be happy to join if you have room still.

Yep. Looking at it now. "DestinyGAF" and its public.

What's your GT? It looks like i can recommend you for an invite. There's only 9 peeps in it so far, so it must be hard to find. The NeoGAF group is up to 50+ already.

Same as name here Ronzilla29 the recommendation would be appreciated.

raindoc

Thanks for the heavy but fun Oryx CM guys! Triumphs complete!

drQe4C1.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Reposting.

Oryx Challenge at 11 PM EST in hard mode. I have the checkpoint so hopefully it will be a short and sweet run.

1) SlimySnake (TheNegativeDude)
2) Dez
3) McKarkus
4)
,5)
6)

Zakalwe

Banned
I wonder if Josh is getting an earful from Dad. :p

Thanks for the run guys. Despite the frustration it was a blast. Got my first 320 weapon. Pleased with that. :)

robo

That was looonnnggg lol, sorry I messed up a few times, hunter is so weak compared to the others. Now need the sisters though lol.

Apart from 1 item everything was trashed :(

Thanks to noise and astropoff

robo

I wonder if Josh is getting an earful from Dad. :p

Thanks for the run guys. Despite the frustration it was a blast. Got my first 320 weapon. Pleased with that. :)

Came down feeling sick, in bed now with a glass of water, he gets wound up as this was his last bit for the mot, all done now though.

Cheers fellows

raindoc

will be able to tell our grand-nippers about the time we didn't give up and played 3 hours of normal Oryx only to get a slightly larger virtual e-penis ;D

My e-penis enlargement was huge. Used Coins of 3 and thanks to the dozens of Shades we killed I got 3 exotic engrams and a shitload of purples.

Zakalwe

Banned
Came down feeling sick, in bed now with a glass of water, he gets wound up as this was his last bit for the mot, all done now though.

Cheers fellows

It's cool, you guys were great. If you need help with future runs let me know (when I'm LL worthy, of course).

Top Bottom