• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

I was finally able to get 2 Eyaslunas to drop this weekend for the first time ever. Which is the better one? I'm guessing the first one. The Rifled Barrel / Braced Frame combo seems pretty good to switch up based on the map being played. It seems to also have some crazy aim assist with Sureshot / Hidden Hand.

Truesight / Sureshot / Quickdraw
Spray and Play
Extended Mag / Braced Frame / Rifled Barrel
Hidden Hand

Steadyhand / Fastdraw / Quickdraw
Triple Tap
Snapshot / Braced Frame / Oiled Frame
Luck In The Chamber

The first one yep. You'd probably not want to ever take rifled barrel off tbh. It becomes too inconsistent without it.

grief

Anyone up for some nightfalls, or PoE? I think I'm starting to get my footing back from everything I missed since the April Update onward.

PSN: xGrief

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it was a really nice run, you did pretty well taking into account your LL, congrats! Just let me know every time you need help

Definitely! It took me a bit to get my Destiny legs back, but now I should be fine. lol Thanks again.

Honestly I feel if they are not going to bring VoG and Crota into year 3, they might as well add matchmaking just for them.

No Destiny player should miss out on the Vault of Glass experience.

Is there talk of eliminating the Raids?

Zakalwe

Banned
Just pulled a Plan C from an engram. I don't remember this gun being so much fun to fire.

The sound is incredible, it sounds metallic almost like a cash register jingle. Very pleasing to hear.

It feels great from the off, too. The inherent range and charge times are ridiculous even without the perks

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Nah, it's way easier because you kill the bosses insanely fast. You can kill Atheon and Crota in one cycle now, which I never did before TTK.
Yeah, but Oracles can still get really problematic despite much higher light levels. Power can't compensate for poor execution or communication.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes part of the fun is being overleveled and shredding the shit out of lower-tier enemies. But it probably goes to the drops... if you are not getting anything good, that enjoyment doesn't last long.

BTW: Any returning player having a difficult time with the UI. There is soooooo much shit to keep track of now. I am so afraid of dismantling something important that I am pretty much keeping everything Legendary or Exotic, even if it does less damage than my current weapon or has a lower score than my current armor (or even if I know I am never going to use it).

noomi

Man, i swear the year 2 coe exotics will not drop for me.

C'mon :/

I have all the year 1 verions, give it up.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I actually played something other than Destiny today. Felt some old school rpg nostalgia so I played a little of Star Ocean 2.

Who's up for a train?

Eusis

Ok, going to do a PoE run but in about 20-30 minutes I should be free for a Crota's End run. Anyone game?

PSN is Eusis.

Want to make sure I understand correctly. Engrams left in the Post Master kiosk can turn into ROI loot, but engrams in my inventory will not, correct?

NeOak

Thanks to Magic and SuperSonic for helping me get all the missing fragments on my friend's account.

Now to continue the mountaintop... someday /wrist

N00bish question here but is there a recommended way to prepare for rise of iron content? I haven't played much since shortly after TTK came out - have a few NM kings fall completions but never did hard mode, and my guardians are all around 290-305 light depending on what I equip.

Hopped into the heroic strike playlist and it seems like the same <300 light gear still drops there, if I wanted to level up for any new content should I try to do a nightfall/HM raid/ challenge of elders or something , or do I not really need to worry about it? I'm thinking the new story missions may not require 300+ light anyway since the new cap is only 375?

Edit: think I partially answered my own question by finding https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._i_level_up_without_doing_the/d7ilrjf.compact which seems to have a nice table of LL drops from various activities . May head back and do some court of oryx as it's been a while and that would be fun.

grief

Any Oryx CM going on tonight?

I'm very interested in a run on normal or hard but I don't have a checkpoint and am 312 so not sure how useful I'll be post April/RoI update.
I've done the Oryx encounter a bunch of times (and CM unsuccessfully a few times when it launched) if that helps.

Shaxx is pretty hype since the update, but for some reason the sound clip when I lose a clash match plays like ten times louder than anything else. Makes me jump every time. That's what I get for losing I guess.

If any new Guardians want to do the refer-a-friend quest, let me know! I need to find someone to do that with.

Man, i swear the year 2 coe exotics will not drop for me.

C'mon :/

I have all the year 1 verions, give it up.

this bothers me to no end. i worked my ass off for year one CoE exotics. i dont mind working hard. RNG has always fucked me in this game. i still cant get a Queensbreaker.

bgbball31

Reposting.

Oryx Challenge at 11 PM EST in hard mode. I have the checkpoint so hopefully it will be a short and sweet run.

1) SlimySnake (TheNegativeDude)
2) Dez
3) McKarkus
4)
,5)
6)

I... don't have a mic right now :-( (broken, waiting on replacement). If that's a problem, I won't join, but I'd love to grab it with you guys if you don't mind.

PSN: bgbball

Kaydan

Banned
Hey guys new destiny player here. I played the free trial up to level 7, and as I understand it I can't progress anymore until I buy the game. I'd like to continue playing but I'm not willing to dish out the money for the collection just yet. Is there any way I can buy the base game, or the base game + ttk only without rise of iron?

darthbob

Hey guys new destiny player here. I played the free trial up to level 7, and as I understand it I can't progress anymore until I buy the game. I'd like to continue playing but I'm not willing to dish out the money for the collection just yet. Is there any way I can buy the base game, or the base game + ttk only without rise of iron?

You can get the Taken King legendary edition, it comes with vanilla, the first two DLCs, and taken king.

Word of warning, if you go this route the rise of iron expansion is a $30 upgrade if you want to upgrade later on.

What? The patch notes show shotguns only receiving slight buffs? Sidearms may be in vogue but not because of changes to shotguns in the last update.
When did shotguns get a buff? Or did you mean sidearm? I never said sidearms came into the meta because of the shotgun nerf, I was just saying that sidearms are really good now. That Trespasser absolutely shreds everything in its respective range.

When did shotguns get a buff? Or did you mean sidearm? I never said sidearms came into the meta because of the shotgun nerf, I was just saying that sidearms are really good now. That Trespasser absolutely shreds everything in its respective range.

I thought by saying that shotguns got hit pretty hard and that sidearms were the meta that you were implying the two were related.

Here's the notes from the last patch regarding shotguns.
Immobius: decreased spread on Titan class shotgun in ADS (0.1 zoom factor increase), increased base stability by 60%

Reduced spread angle penalty on Shotguns with the perk Full Auto, Invective was not affected

Increased high rate of fire and middle-low rate of fire shotgun damages by 2%

MrDaravon

Fuck, I didn't realize (or remember) about the King's Fall shaders being both character specific as well as being across normal and hard. I have no full armor sets for any of my characters from either difficulty :(. God damn it lol.

I thought by saying that shotguns got hit pretty hard and that sidearms were the meta that you were implying the two were related.

Here's the notes from the last patch regarding shotguns.
Oh wow, for some reason I read those notes as "low ROF shotguns got their damage nerfed by 2%" lol. I completely read them wrong.

I feel really stupid for reading those wrong.

Like, unbelievably stupid ;_;

Top of the page for everyone to see as well lol

Top Bottom