• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

noomi

Morning DGAF!

Realized this morning I'm a bit short of decent special weapon legendaries.

I have the Conspiracy D and 100 Yard Stare (the quest reward versions) and it's basically the only Special Weapon Legendaries I use in slot... ever.

Thinking I need to pickup something new, any recommendations on some good special weapon legendaries?

Morning DGAF!

Realized this morning I'm a but short of decent special weapon legendaries.

I have the Conspiracy D and 100 Yard Stare (the quest reward versions) and it's basically the only Special Weapon Legendaries I use in slot... ever.

Thinking I need to pickup something new, any recommendations on some good special weapon legendaries?

Theres not much out there tbh Grinding out for a shot at a better sniper roll with an LDR or Longbow (1/1,000,000 chance) or getting a PC+1 is about it

Or just wait a week for that sweet DO shotgun

noomi

Theres not much out there tbh Grinding out for a shot at a better sniper roll with an LDR or Longbow (1/1,000,000 chance) or getting a PC+1 is about it

Or just wait a week for that sweet DO shotgun

I figured as much. Does the DO vendor reset stock for a nice shotgun roll on Tuesday?

glaurung

I figured as much. Does the DO vendor reset stock for a nice shotgun roll on Tuesday?
No idea whether the actual Dead Orbit vendor roll will be good, but the base stats on that shotty are already excellent.

Some streamer who went over to Bungie claimed that all Dead Orbit weapons are superb.

Where have you been brah?

TnK0Nil.gif

Agg, QuickDraw, Rifled and Rangefinder :D It will be nerfed within a month due to Reddits salty tears

Heys guys,

Whats the best warlock exotic armor for sunsinger and for stormcaller ?

Thanks

Not sure about Stormcaller as very rarely use it.

Sunsinger i use the Starfire Protocol chest piece as it gives additional fusion grenade charge and increased armor when using solar-based class.

Voidwalker i use the Voidfang Vestments chest piece for the spawn with full grenade, additional seeker on axion bolts and increased armor for void subclass

I was really bummed this weekend when the engrams were dropping trash, but there's still a couple ways to get the proper light level stuff for anyone else that's annoyed.

For one, strike specific gear still drops at the correct light levels. For example Treads Upon Stars, Does Not Bow etc. Also faction rank up packages have the proper level gear, and exotics drop at the right level also. I'm not sure about Nightfall because I got a fucking horn.

Heys guys,

Whats the best warlock exotic armor for sunsinger and for stormcaller ?

Thanks

Sunsinger -

Claws of Ahamkara for double scorch melee,

Heart of Praxic Fire for extra grenades during super,

Sunbreakers for double and longer lasting solar grenades,

and

Alchemist Raiment for faster charging of grenades and melee(quite deadly when paired with the Tlaloc scout rifle) .

Stormcaller -

Claws of Ahamkara for double melee (thunderstrike is OP)

and

The Impossible Machines for Landfall.

Voidwalker -

The Ram for extra armor and life steal (you can use Ram on any class for extra armor though),

Nothing Manacles for double scatter grenades and tracking,

and

Voidfang Vestments for spawning with charged grenade and axion bolt range.

Apart from these, Light Beyond Nemesis is a great helmet for making an extra orb and faster revives in pvp.

BlakeofT

I was really bummed this weekend when the engrams were dropping trash, but there's still a couple ways to get the proper light level stuff for anyone else that's annoyed.

For one, strike specific gear still drops at the correct light levels. For example Treads Upon Stars, Does Not Bow etc. Also faction rank up packages have the proper level gear, and exotics drop at the right level also. I'm not sure about Nightfall because I got a fucking horn.
Omg the horn. You're so lucky. That's the only thing I want from the nightfall and it won't drop for me. I'm honestly tempted to spend money so that I can use the cadence horn all the time.

Zakalwe

Banned
Morning DGAF!

Realized this morning I'm a bit short of decent special weapon legendaries.

Havok Pigeon after sidearm buffs.
The Vacancy if you enjoy fusion rifles.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Hey everyone,

I haven't been here in a long time. I decided to catch up on the new content and maybe pick up ROI for the raid with the community here. Right now I'm catching up on the April (?) content and have to do 320 COE, anyone willing to run through with me? I'm a 317 hunter now PSN diggymow. Looking forward to being part of the community again for a few weeks. It's not always my favourite game but I've always had a good time with the people here.

stay gold

Anyone interested in doing a normal mode VoG run tonight about 7pm uk time?

Been putting off getting Chatterwhite on my now main account for so long.

Hey everyone,

I haven't been here in a long time. I decided to catch up on the new content and maybe pick up ROI for the raid with the community here. Right now I'm catching up on the April (?) content and have to do 320 COE, anyone willing to run through with me? I'm a 317 hunter now PSN diggymow. Looking forward to being part of the community again for a few weeks. It's not always my favourite game but I've always had a good time with the people here.

Welcome back. You want to run CoE now, I can help out?

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

Vic_Viper

Where have you been brah?

TnK0Nil.gif

Agg, QuickDraw, Rifled and Rangefinder :D It will be nerfed within a month due to Reddits salty tears

Wait the Dead Orbit vendor has those in stock right now at 331 and 360!? Does his stock change on Tuesdays? Been awhile since I've played but I've been back on recently after the latest update.

Wait the Dead Orbit vendor has those in stock right now at 331 and 360!? Does his stock change on Tuesdays? Been awhile since I've played but I've been back on recently after the latest update.

No the matador was year one. 331 was the light level before it got oriented for ttk

The DO shotgun is new and not in the game yet. Assuming 360 will be the new light level for vendor gear.

ch4fx_

Did the recent nerfs change the sniper meta? My current Longbow has shortgaze/snapshot/unflinching. Should I look for something else? Or am I good to go with shortgaze/snapshot?

Skele7on

Banned
Did the recent nerfs change the sniper meta? My current Longbow has shortgaze/snapshot/unflinching. Should I look for something else? Or am I good to go with shortgaze/snapshot?

The changes to snipers has been greatly over hyped.

I was using them just fine yesterday, Unflinching certainly helps matters.

But overall I found there no real issues sniping fools this weekend.

I will however say they're clearly pushing for a shotgun meta.

The worst and most unnecessary change was the one headshot kill supers.

It makes supers game breaking, and no real repercussions when popping it at a stupid time .

which is just silly.

Starting day number three, main goal for today is to level up as close to 40 as I possibly can, currently I'm 32. I think I'll complete the Taken King Story Missions, and then do the strikes that I haven't done. After that, I'll probably just play some Crucible or Prison of Elders to level up, unless there's a better way or something else I should do.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So last night's Oryx run must have glitched on us or something because he started shooting his balls of death right as we went to detonate the bombs. my 4 bombs were right under him and he took me out within seconds. the rest of the team detonated their 12 bombs but he didnt take any damage.

Looking at the video, the only thing we could've done wrong is that we didnt wait long enough for his ball attacks to stop. but at the same time we had just staggered him so not sure why he was still shooting them.

so frustrating.

glaurung

What's the quickest way to go from 308 to 330ish? Not played it properly in a LONG time.

Raid and challenge of elders.

Exotic engrams farming
What Robdraggo said, but also:
  • Court of Oryx with Antiquated Runes for maximum LL artifacts.
  • Challenge of the Elders for high LL gear and ghosts/class items.
  • Heroic Strikes and Nightfalls for high LL gear.
  • Faction rank up packages for gear up to 330 LL.

So last night's Oryx run must have glitched on us or something because he started shooting his balls of death right as we went to detonate the bombs. my 4 bombs were right under him and he took me out within seconds. the rest of the team detonated their 12 bombs but he didnt take any damage.

Looking at the video, the only thing we could've done wrong is that we didnt wait long enough for his ball attacks to stop. but at the same time we had just staggered him so not sure why he was still shooting them.

so frustrating.

Someone needs to constantly be shooting Oryx in the chest during detonation. Keeps his chest open for the bombs and stops him from shooting at you

JJShadow

What's the quickest way to go from 308 to 330ish? Not played it properly in a LONG time.

The fastest way is by doing King's Fall, where you are guaranteed some 320 LL drops in normal mode. Keep doing Challenge of Elders and Nightfall as well, as they also drop high level equipment. Once you reach ~320 LL, you should be more than ready to do King's Fall Hard Mode to get drops up to 335 LL. Keep doing Coe, NF and leveling up factions and you should rank up slow but steady

noomi

Starting day number three, main goal for today is to level up as close to 40 as I possibly can, currently I'm 32. I think I'll complete the Taken King Story Missions, and then do the strikes that I haven't done. After that, I'll probably just play some Crucible or Prison of Elders to level up, unless there's a better way or something else I should do.

You got it down, finish story missions while picking up any bounties you can, run some strikes, and then finish it off in crucible with bounties as well ;)

bgbball31

Anyone have the Oryx challenge checkpoint that wouldn't mind me tagging along? Would love to get it done before the reset.

I'm good any time except 2-7 EST.

You got it down, finish story missions while picking up any bounties you can, run some strikes, and then finish it off in crucible with bounties as well ;)

Awesome. I've already done a few of the Vanguard bounties for today, and I've got a bunch of Crucible ones that I need to do.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Someone needs to constantly be shooting Oryx in the chest during detonation. Keeps his chest open for the bombs and stops him from shooting at you

so this is AFTER we stop him from slamming his fist and taking us all out in that hit attack, right?

so all we need to do after staggering him is to have one guy just shoot at him while he's hunched over?

Anyone have the Oryx challenge checkpoint that wouldn't mind me tagging along? Would love to get it done before the reset.

I'm good any time except 2-7 EST.

I know you sent me a request yesterday but we were already full last night. we will try again after 7PM EST today and if there is a spot open i will message you first.

Vic_Viper

Anyone running the Raid on PS4 today (Normal Mode)?

I still haven't finished it completely and would like too before RoI comes out. Just started playing again after the latest update to get back into the swing of things. Right now I'm at LL 300, but more like 297 since I probably won't be using the Dreadfang Sword for the raid.

I've got the next 3 days off though so I've got plenty of time to get it done. If anyone is interested in helping me out with the Raid or NF though, my PSN is Squadon and I'll be on in an hour or so for a bit today. I'll check back when I'm ready too.

shingi70

Banned
So how do you guys put out your closeouts and builds. Do you carry one of each weapon type and element type or just the stuff you like.

so this is AFTER we stop him from slamming his fist and taking us all out in that hit attack, right?

so all we need to do after staggering him is to have one guy just shoot at him while he's hunched over?

Order in which you should do it

Oryx slams his fist

His chest opens and you stagger him by shooting him in the chest

Kill adds

Everyone runs to the perimeter of the bombs
Count down and detonate the bombs, run back
The person holding the brand needs to be shooting Oryx in the chest the whole time.

Otherwise his chest will close and the bombs do zero damage

glaurung

I know you sent me a request yesterday but we were already full last night. we will try again after 7PM EST today and if there is a spot open i will message you first.
This is how the stagger phase with challenge mode kill (4x4 Corrupted Blights at once) should work:
  1. Steal Vessel's aura.
  2. Stagger Oryx.
  3. Four players run into bombs. Use whatever agreement as to who goes where. Some work better than others.
  4. Aura holder and the remaining one player stay in the middle, shooting Oryx continuously even after the stagger. Fire has to be kept on the black ball in her chest cavity.
  5. Once players detonate their Blights, they run back into the aura and continue shooting Oryx.
What's the logic behind this? The black ball in Oryx's chest has infinite health, as it keeps regenerating all the fucking time. The two players in the middle, preferably with Touch of Malices will keep the fire on it, making Oryx susceptible to his own bombs. If the people in the middle stop firing, Oryx regains balance and fucks everybody up. And he also won't take damage from the Blights.

noomi

So how do you guys put out your closeouts and builds. Do you carry one of each weapon type and element type or just the stuff you like.

There are certain weapons you should always have on you due to how useful they are.

For me, I always have the following in my loadout. I carry a lot of other weapons as well, but the ones below are must have's (for me at least)

- Black Spindle
- Raze Lighter
- Bad Juju
- 1000 Yard Stare
- Hung Jury
- Dark Drinker
- Quillims Terminus
- Telesto

Having each elemental type certainly helps, but ever since primaries no longer have an elemental damage type (zhalo still does!) I've found them to be less useful (unless there is a specific weekly/nightfall burn)

Top Bottom