• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Oh wow, for some reason I read those notes as "low ROF shotguns got their damage nerfed by 2%" lol. I completely read them wrong.

I feel really stupid for reading those wrong.

Like, unbelievably stupid ;_;

Top of the page for everyone to see as well lol

I read the notes backwards at least twice for most of the items :p.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sniping doesn't feel nerfed to me. But then again.

I always equip hung jury in those big maps. Highlights targets and blows them up.

EL CUCO

Oh wow, for some reason I read those notes as "low ROF shotguns got their damage nerfed by 2%" lol. I completely read them wrong.

I feel really stupid for reading those wrong.

Like, unbelievably stupid ;_;

Top of the page for everyone to see as well lol
Atleast its not a 100ppp topper ;)

Shiv47

Didn't know Project Saber suddenly became NF. That opening section is just bullshit. Thanks LuckyDoobage and GhostKilla for trying, but that was not happening with three hunters.

chur

Didn't know Project Saber suddenly became NF. That opening section is just bullshit. Thanks LuckyDoobage and GhostKilla for trying, but that was not happening with three hunters.
It's Valus and Saber this week. The update messed it up so it's alternating between the two.

Yeah, but Oracles can still get really problematic despite much higher light levels. Power can't compensate for poor execution or communication.

Yes, we did this a few days ago, took around 30/40 mins because 5/6 had done it a bunch and knew what to do.

Hey guys new destiny player here. I played the free trial up to level 7, and as I understand it I can't progress anymore until I buy the game. I'd like to continue playing but I'm not willing to dish out the money for the collection just yet. Is there any way I can buy the base game, or the base game + ttk only without rise of iron?

You'll want ROI, because most of the player base is moving onto it.

Doing NF, anyone want to join?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That last match was pure insanity. A laggy warlock flying in the air with the spark is some strobe light thing.

MrDaravon

Maybe a stupid question - are the bounties that Shaxx has (5 + the 1 for completing 5 weekly bounties) unlocked by completing the whole Mountaintop crucible questline? If so, does it unlock on all characters once you do it on one? I don't mess with Crucible much, but I finally got that questline done with my Hunter last week or the week before which I'm pretty sure is what made those bounties pop up.

I ask because I've been grinding Crucible on my Warlock doing Mayhem Clash to get the sublcass crucible quests done a lot easier, and along the way managed to get all of the crucibles from Shaxx done. I completed and turned in the one for completing 5 weekly bounties from Shaxx...and I got 4 motes, 4 coins and a blue engram? I thought you were supposed to get "endgame" rewards from that? Or is this something else?

Hey guys new destiny player here. I played the free trial up to level 7, and as I understand it I can't progress anymore until I buy the game. I'd like to continue playing but I'm not willing to dish out the money for the collection just yet. Is there any way I can buy the base game, or the base game + ttk only without rise of iron?

You should be able to pick up to bundle on the cheap. Around 30 to 40 bucks. Don't by it used because ttk is a code

You can also buy vanilla for around 10 bucks or less. Gamestop has vanilla for Round 8 bucks i think

But you'll really want the complete collection as that is where the player base will be

But do not buy them, expansions and all a la carte as it will run really pricey

Dez_

Maybe a stupid question - are the bounties that Shaxx has (5 + the 1 for completing 5 weekly bounties) unlocked by completing the whole Mountaintop crucible questline? If so, does it unlock on all characters once you do it on one? I don't mess with Crucible much, but I finally got that questline done with my Hunter last week or the week before which I'm pretty sure is what made those bounties pop up.

I ask because I've been grinding Crucible on my Warlock doing Mayhem Clash to get the sublcass crucible quests done a lot easier, and along the way managed to get all of the crucibles from Shaxx done. I completed and turned in the one for completing 5 weekly bounties from Shaxx...and I got 4 motes, 4 coins and a blue engram? I thought you were supposed to get "endgame" rewards from that? Or is this something else?

Yes, finishing the mountaintop questline will open up the weekly crucible bounties from Shaxx, and they open up for all your characters, too.

You should have received a NF tier reward. If it wasn't a bunch of strange coins, then check the postmaster in case your inventory was full. Anything else will go there.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What have we hear.

iKvJ7Jf.png

MrDaravon

Go AFK for almost an entire Crucible match and get an Ash Factory, makes sense

Yes, finishing the mountaintop questline will open up the weekly crucible bounties from Shaxx, and they open up for all your characters, too.

You should have received a NF tier reward. If it wasn't a bunch of strange coins, then check the postmaster in case your inventory was full. Anything else will go there.

Nada. Only thing I can think of is I got either 14 or 24 Strange Coins instead of 4 like I thought, but I'm positive it was coins, motes and a blue engram otherwise. I have no idea how many strange coins I had on this character before so no way of verifying otherwise.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games everyone. That pantheon match was the highlight. Three red bars. Down by thousands and getting spawn camped but still made the comeback.

Shiv47

It's Valus and Saber this week. The update messed it up so it's alternating between the two.
Ah, that makes sense then. I wish I'd known it was alternating, cause I'd have immediately backed out until we got valus. Will try again tomorrow then.

Dez_

Go AFK for almost an entire Crucible match and get an Ash Factory, makes sense

Nada. Only thing I can think of is I got either 14 or 24 Strange Coins instead of 4 like I thought, but I'm positive it was coins, motes and a blue engram otherwise. I have no idea how many strange coins I had on this character before so no way of verifying otherwise.

Yeah, it sounds like you just got a bunch of strange coins then. That counts as NF reward when you get something around 20 of them as a reward.

the fucking fabian meta literally worse than the pc+1 now

every single game is filled with them and they're just ridiculously op

i wonder if bungie even play tests their patches???

I wish I could be playing Destiny, but I sold my PS4 in anticipation of what is now known as the PS4 Pro. I thought I was done with Destiny until the sequel, but I still watch all the popular Destiny channels and now I'm hyped. By the time I get to play it on November 10th it will be old news though. I'm used to running the raid within the first two weeks of release. Oh well.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The nerf feels much more PVE oriented oddly enough.

Just as with many other "balance changes' they've made.
the fucking fabian meta literally worse than the pc+1 now

every single game is filled with them and they're just ridiculously op

i wonder if bungie even play tests their patches???

Haven't really ran into a single one yet.

PVP is still largely snipers and shotguns. Changes aren't dramatic enough to really make that much of a difference.

Believe in karma folks. Let it work it's magic. You don't have to do a single thing.

Eusis

Ok, I really need to find the best way to get things organized for raids and other non-matchmaking stuff. Thanks to the Rare engram nerf I'm definitely up against a brick wall when it comes to LL progression, and even if it's squeezing water from a stone when I'm about to get a water balloon that will burst I'd still like to see that content and perhaps get at least one Year 2 Triumph reward.

Just as with many other "balance changes' they've made.

Haven't really ran into a single one yet.

PVP is still largely snipers and shotguns. Changes aren't dramatic enough to really make that much of a difference.

Believe in karma folks. Let it work it's magic. You don't have to do a single thing.

I've run into them the past 4 games and shotguns too but not as much

So I'm level 18 and finding it impossible to find two other people for strikes on Venus, am I just out of luck?

Yes it can be hard to find players in mm for vanilla story strikes at times.

If you're on PS4 and need some help I can hop and run the strike(s) with you.

Looks like you're in AU as well :)

Clunker

Ok, I really need to find the best way to get things organized for raids and other non-matchmaking stuff. Thanks to the Rare engram nerf I'm definitely up against a brick wall when it comes to LL progression, and even if it's squeezing water from a stone when I'm about to get a water balloon that will burst I'd still like to see that content and perhaps get at least one Year 2 Triumph reward.
Depending on what times you play, posting here will be the best and fastest way for you to organize a fireteam. If you want to set up for a raid ot anything, just post a time (and your tag and system!) And a lot of people come running.

If not that, you can also use Reddit (/r/fireteams or even /r/destinysherpa if you'd like someone to explicitly teach or help) or what I prefer, which is The 100 (the100.io) and requires registration but will give you email notifications.

Last resort is destinylfg.net. It's good in a pinch or for those "I want to find a crew right at this very moment" but I've found I tend to run into more shitty people there when trying to do raids, especially if you're new or inexperienced with content.

And I've never used it myself, but recently I learned the official Destiny app actually has lfg functions built off of their forums. Thar be dragons, though.

Edit: I saw you posted earlier about Crota's End: it's going to be a little tougher to find a crew to run that on short notice nowadays since the gear it drops isn't really useful endgame (they haven't updated the loot tables since it launched), but also people here use a particular format for posting raid signups that goes something like:

Looking to start Crota's End at 11 PM EST tonight in hard mode. Never done it but hoping for a fun run!

1) your tag
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
Sometimes the thread goes so fast posts get lost in the shuffle unless they look like the list above. Don't worry or feel bad; I'm also a little worried once the new raid comes out I'll have a tougher time finding crews for King's Fall. When RoI drops everyone will be scrambling to learn the newest raid so it'll be a challenge.

Don't know what system you're on but if it's XB1 I can help out whenever I can (GT is Holden Cawffle)!

Fuck, I didn't realize (or remember) about the King's Fall shaders being both character specific as well as being across normal and hard. I have no full armor sets for any of my characters from either difficulty :(. God damn it lol.

May be too late but I think you just need the gear on one char...they don't have to equip it. So if you have a hunter helmet, titan chest, etc you can still get the shader.

Based on my memory though, it's awhile since I picked up the shader :)

Weirdly olive got the hard shader but not normal because I mainly did hard raid runs.

Top Bottom