• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

I realised I haven't given my PSN either for people who might want to play.

PSN: skywardsheep

Since I'm only level 34 I'm not really ready for all the endgame, high-end stuff like Raids etc. but if people want to do things like Strikes or something, then I'm game :)

Skele7on

Banned
Clan mate the other week said how he always shot oryx in the face and how you didn't need to damage him to kill him when it was on the four orb strategy.

I have never laughed so hard in my life, we all did.

I bloody love my dudes, but man we've done world firsts and all sorts of stuff and he only tells us this a couple weeks before the new raid.

Absolute hero. 8 days guys we nearly there!

Long time no post in this thread!

Would anyone on xbox one be able to help me finish my moments of triumph for year 2? Need to do a hard mode King's Fall, Elder Sigil Scorecard, and the 50 calcified fragments(I just need the HM raid ones). I haven't played for a while so I'm just a little rusty lol

glaurung

Long time no post in this thread!

Would anyone on xbox one be able to help me finish my moments of triumph for year 2? Need to do a hard mode King's Fall, Elder Sigil Scorecard, and the 50 calcified fragments(I just need the HM raid ones). I haven't played for a while so I'm just a little rusty lol
If you're missing all three Challenge Mode Boss Kill fragments, you're out of luck as this week is Oryx and next week the triumphs book gets closed.

There's no trials to watch this weekend so here's a 1v3 i had on Asylum. I lost because i got shot through a wall but i saved it because it some sweet snipes.

3o6Zt8H5Wd7Md3ivBe.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNvSawD5rf8

I could have won if the guy rushing me didn't mess with my aim on the revive snipe. Last word melted him.

I know it's Skill-Based matchmaking and all, and the people I was with weren't too great, but I'm still pretty proud of myself. Normally I suck at PvP in shooters. Got like six bounties done and two more levels from this match.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Anyone have the Oryx challenge checkpoint that wouldn't mind me tagging along? Would love to get it done before the reset.

I'm good any time except 2-7 EST.

This is how the stagger phase with challenge mode kill (4x4 Corrupted Blights at once) should work:
  1. Steal Vessel's aura.
  2. Stagger Oryx.
  3. Four players run into bombs. Use whatever agreement as to who goes where. Some work better than others.
  4. Aura holder and the remaining one player stay in the middle, shooting Oryx continuously even after the stagger. Fire has to be kept on the black ball in her chest cavity.
  5. Once players detonate their Blights, they run back into the aura and continue shooting Oryx.
What's the logic behind this? The black ball in Oryx's chest has infinite health, as it keeps regenerating all the fucking time. The two players in the middle, preferably with Touch of Malices will keep the fire on it, making Oryx susceptible to his own bombs. If the people in the middle stop firing, Oryx regains balance and fucks everybody up. And he also won't take damage from the Blights.

Order in which you should do it

Oryx slams his fist

His chest opens and you stagger him by shooting him in the chest

Kill adds

Everyone runs to the perimeter of the bombs
Count down and detonate the bombs, run back
The person holding the brand needs to be shooting Oryx in the chest the whole time.

Otherwise his chest will close and the bombs do zero damage

Thanks guys. We were short one guy after he died on the last run so maybe one guy shooting at Oryx's chest/ball wasn't enough. this also explains why he didnt take any damage.

i will try to do challenge mode on a normal run today and just finish off the oryx kill without worrying about all this extra shit on hardmode. the last knight was always fucking pain in the ass to find.

I know it's Skill-Based matchmaking and all, and the people I was with weren't too great, but I'm still pretty proud of myself. Normally I suck at PvP in shooters. Got like six bounties done and two more levels from this match.

You do know that you just fucked yourself. now thanks to your 2.2 kdr Bungie is going to start placing you with other people with 2.2 kdrs. Have fun getting sniped by Kadey.

Kalamari

Given how the perks are probably divided on Last Ditch, I think it will be much more difficult to get a god roll compared to PC+1, most people will be happy with anything that reaches the range cap.

bgbball31

If you're missing all three Challenge Mode Boss Kill fragments, you're out of luck as this week is Oryx and next week the triumphs book gets closed.

I've read conflicting reports on this. I've heard that we're out of luck, but I've also heard that there will be about an 8 hour gap where you can get it on the 20th, so I'm not sure.

Oryx now, whomever after the reset, and the last one during those few hours. Nothing official saying this, just something someone mentioned on the forum.

glaurung

I've read conflicting reports on this. I've heard that we're out of luck, but I've also heard that there will be about an 8 hour gap where you can get it on the 20th, so I'm not sure.

Oryx now, whomever after the reset, and the last one during those few hours. Nothing official saying this, just something someone mentioned on the forum.
Awesome if true, though I seriously doubt this is true.

People have had months to get their Year Two Triumphs done.

Would be cool if this was true, could get my friend's Triumphs done right before Rise of Iron's release, but isn't the expansion going to target a midnight launch, or do these never do that?

Given how the perks are probably divided on Last Ditch, I think it will be much more difficult to get a god roll compared to PC+1, most people will be happy with anything that reaches the range cap.

Is the one in the pic from the vendor?

Because it looks pretty darn good out of the box

Mesharey

After the update all the drops from regular missions are so weak like 250, why is that? :/
Will it become normal again after RoI?

Actually he could do Oryx tonight, Warpriest next week, and there is an 8 hour window on 9/20 between reset and closing of the MoT book that he could do Golgoroth.

Yeah - working assumption is that CM modes and CoO etc will tick round as usual on that initial reset time....seems reasonable as Bungie generally seem quite loathe to go in and over-ride resets etc unless they really need to.

But with Bungie you never really know until it happens in the game...

Kalamari

Is the one in the pic from the vendor?

Because it looks pretty darn good out of the box

If that is the vendor roll for DO in RoI, it would be awesome. However, I think Bungie is just teasing us with a potential god roll, so they can be entertained when the salt flows from players spending tons of resources to rank up DO in hopes of getting it. There would be no entertainment if that was the vendor roll.

I say that it will be more difficult to get a god roll because the perk organization seems similar to the House of Judgement weapons, and we don't know how the perks are distributed among the nodes. There could be 4 options per nodes or there could be more, there could even be some new garbage tier perks they haven't mentioned yet. There is always some sort of catch.

If that is the vendor roll for DO in RoI, it would be awesome. However, I think Bungie is just teasing us with a potential god roll, so they can be entertained when the salt flows from players spending tons of resources to rank up DO in hopes of getting it. There would be no entertainment if that was the vendor roll.

I say that it will be more difficult to get a god roll because the perk organization seems similar to the House of Judgement weapons, and we don't know how the perks are distributed among the nodes. There could be 4 options per nodes or there could be more, there could even be some new garbage tier perks they haven't mentioned yet. There is always some sort of catch.

Well they did give us a god roll conspiracy theory d for quest completion. So it's highly plausible

kidko

This patch has seemed like the buggiest update yet. I've had weird jank all over the place.

Got trapped in the vault UI (backing out with circle just brought the same UI back again, for infinity, had to close Destiny)

Swapped weapons on patrol and suddenly had zero ammo in all 3 weapon slots

Enemies rubberbanding in strikes has seemed worse too.

ty_hot

I started playing this game 2 months ago, starting from level 1 (bought it used). The game is fun, great gameplay... but this singleplayer/multiplayer mixed doesnt work well anymore (probably did when it launched)... as I am late (very late) to the game, I am playing a level 10 scenario, I am on level 13 and then come 2 more players in my fireteam, one on level 60 and other on 45. They just go kill everybody (i had only 15% of the total kills lol), I run after them to pickup what is on the ground and that is it. beh.

I want to keep playing it but I need to be lucky to play with someone in my level, otherwise the fun goes away. I just started playing in Venus (I guess?) and its good to have different colors, I was getting bored of playing in the same areas/colors.

This patch has seemed like the buggiest update yet. I've had weird jank all over the place.

Got trapped in the vault UI (backing out with circle just brought the same UI back again, for infinity, had to close Destiny)

Swapped weapons on patrol and suddenly had zero ammo in all 3 weapon slots

Enemies rubberbanding in strikes has seemed worse too.

I had this happen to me before the patch. I forget how I got out of it, either hitting Option or actually tapping the touch pad. I felt really smart when I made it out. >_>

Arrrammis

I recall someone on the last Bungie livestream saying that they will have an event in the week before RoI, I wonder if that will happen, and if so what it will be.

Zakalwe

Banned
I started playing this game 2 months ago, starting from level 1 (bought it used). The game is fun, great gameplay... but this singleplayer/multiplayer mixed doesnt work well anymore (probably did when it launched)... as I am late (very late) to the game, I am playing a level 10 scenario, I am on level 13 and then come 2 more players in my fireteam, one on level 60 and other on 45. They just go kill everybody (i had only 15% of the total kills lol), I run after them to pickup what is on the ground and that is it. beh.

I want to keep playing it but I need to be lucky to play with someone in my level, otherwise the fun goes away. I just started playing in Venus (I guess?) and its good to have different colors, I was getting bored of playing in the same areas/colors.

Add people. Plenty of players roll/re-roll new characters all the time.

I thought matchmaking was supposed to pair you with players around your own level? What were you queuing for?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
wow this is great

the intro to Taken King was amazing as well. but that was the only CGi sequence in the expansion. the rest were two or three very short in game cutscenes with cayde that while a huge improvement from vanilla Destiny were still a bit lacking.

I want them to maintain that intro level of quality through out the campaign and maybe even during/before/after the raid. they dont have to be expensive CGi, ingame cutscenes will do. but over the comms chatter is just lame in an expensive AAA game like Destiny.

kidko

I had this happen to me before the patch. I forget how I got out of it, either hitting Option or actually tapping the touch pad. I felt really smart when I made it out. >_>

Had i only been so smart! Well, if it was before the patch then it must be an older elusive bug. Feel a tiny bit better.

Hmmmmm. do I want to watch this leaked vid? Can't decide.

robo

Had i only been so smart! Well, if it was before the patch then it must be an older elusive bug. Feel a tiny bit better.

Hmmmmm. do I want to watch this leaked vid? Can't decide.

If I remember correctly, clicking the share button then cancelling it gets you back to normal. Or swap to another character by using option button.

I actually started a new character, a Titan, and I just got to Venus. I'm at Level 16 right now, so we'd be pretty close. I don't know what your platform and time zone situation is like, but if you're on a PS4, you're more than welcome to join me if you ever see me online.

Feel free to add me: GustyGardens

SpecX

You do know that you just fucked yourself. now thanks to your 2.2 kdr Bungie is going to start placing you with other people with 2.2 kdrs. Have fun getting sniped by Kadey.

This is my biggest problem as well. I've ran some good PvP matches where I dominate the map because I'm matched against people well below me, then they put me in the next tier where I get my ass pounded. I then drop back down and repeat the cycle.

bgbball31

I've got some time before work. Anyone want to do the nightfall or Court of Oryx? I really need to get a tier 3 rune before the reset.

noomi

I didn't really consider that to be major spoilers. We already know how this dlc is starting.

I don't really care about being spoiled to be honest, but I remember it being a problem around when TTK was being released to the point that we had to rename the thread and put out up a bunch of warnings ( if I recall correctly).

Just sayin' if there are those who really don't want a single thing spoiled this might not be the place to be for the next few weeks.

Top Bottom