• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Kalamari

Man, I was hoping we'd get something this week, and Private matches should be fun. But now there's gonna be spoilers all of the thread, so I don't want to stick around, so I won't be able to join people messing around in private matches.

I kind of hope there's something for PvE too. Private matches have been a long time coming, but I feel like I haven't been involved enough in recent DGaf activities to have a group to play private matches with.

Don't feel apprehensive about joining people you don't know, just jump in and play when someone is gathering people for private matches. Most gaffers are very friendly and open to playing with other gaffers they haven't played with before, so don't be shy about joining a group, just do it.

Private matches tommorow?

Oh my

What crazy game modes can we Do?

With all the green engrams dropping we should do a green only gun mode

Nicodemic

Fuck. :(

This really blows and in a stupid way kind of dampens my hype for ROI.

Nah dude, don't let that dampen your hype. It's just an emblem and it won't even appear in your kiosk if you can't have it.

I never got the year 1 triumphs because I refused to pay for the expensions at the time. And frankly, I don't give a crap. I make my own triumphs and goals and roll with that.

Rise is gonna be so fun in the next weeks especially if you hang around with gaf. Let's go! :)

Since the patch I've been getting a ton of low level greens and blues. I'm 310, and most of my drops are low 200's now. Where's the best place to grind now if you don't have a fireteam?

SpecX

They launch during the day so they can have the whole team ready in case shit breaks.

Also, wtf Spec, IB has been enabled later in the day for a long time now to stop people from carrying their rank.

You're saying it as if it were something new.

I knew about IB always launching at 10, didn't know about the other updates at that time as well. I normally don't play on reset day till the evening anyways and when I did play early morning after it reset, everything was set for the week at 2 am (minus IB week). To be honest, I never got into CM till around the April update

NastyBook

Since the patch I've been getting a ton of low level greens and blues. I'm 310, and most of my drops are low 200's now. Where's the best place to grind now if you don't have a fireteam?
I know you said if you don't have a fireteam, but a team of 3 rushing through CoE can net you high LL rare gear at the end.

Hzoltan69

Do we have confirmation that vendor gear will be higher than 335?

I'm having a hard time deciding if I should try and get to 335 before ROI drops or if it is a waste of time.

custom matches? ehhhh I am glad its in but I would prefer something PVE related this week. I really hope we get something to chase this week in patrol.

no IB this week right?

MrDaravon

Generally speaking what are you looking for stats/perk-wise on AR's? I got a Red Spectre and Paleocontact and I actually kind of like the Paleo but I have a feeling they're both garbage probably. Is there any potential roll on either of these guns that would be good? I like the look and feel on the Paleo :(

Generally speaking what are you looking for stats/perk-wise on AR's? I got a Red Spectre and Paleocontact and I actually kind of like the Paleo but I have a feeling they're both garbage probably. Is there any potential roll on either of these guns that would be good? I like the look and feel on the Paleo :(

Range is important but you also want counterbalance so the recoil is vertical. Easier to stay on target

And paleo is pretty good. One of the best in its archetype

SpecX

Thinking about this Rumble grimoire and custom matches. Curious if you could setup custom matches 1v1 and have one player drop instantly claiming victory instead of running the entire match. I wonder if you could spam post game rewards this way as well? I'm sure Bungie has thought of these things right....?

Lnkn52

Can we get some Twitter confirmation or something. Went through this GAF hype shit last night with forza 3 demo.

try tomorrow

XtWkE6P.png

Thinking about this Rumble grimoire and custom matches. Curious if you could setup custom matches 1v1 and have one player drop instantly claiming victory instead of running the entire match. I wonder if you could spam post game rewards this way as well? I'm sure Bungie has thought of these things right....?

Apparently you can go in solo

Which means they can't have rewards becuase you csn just go in solo witha 1 minute time limit and farm blues or whatever

MrDaravon

Range is important but you also want counterbalance so the recoil is vertical. Easier to stay on target

And paleo is pretty good. One of the best in its archetype

So is counterbalance a must-have? For example my Paleo rolled:

Red Dot-ORA/Reflex/OEG Riflescope
Spray and Play
Perfect Balance/Feather Mag/Rifled Barrel
Danger Close

SaP/DC are okay but kinda whatever, but with Rifled Barrel on the Range on this thing is like half-full and I seem to be doing pretty well with it, but I also don't mess with AR's very often so I probably don't know what I'm talking about either :p

So is counterbalance a must-have? For example my Paleo rolled:

Red Dot-ORA/Reflex/OEG Riflescope
Spray and Play
Perfect Balance/Feather Mag/Rifled Barrel
Danger Close

SaP/DC are okay but kinda whatever, but with Rifled Barrel on the Range on this thing is like half-full and I seem to be doing pretty well with it, but I also don't mess with AR's very often so I probably don't know what I'm talking about either :p

It's not a must have. I have a hakkons hatchet without it and it's fine. Same archetype

It's best use is on 6s not so great in 3s

SpecX

Apparently you can go in solo

Which means they can't have rewards becuase you csn just go in solo witha 1 minute time limit and farm blues or whatever

Really? I missed the news about being able to solo the maps. It will definitely help to learn the layout a bit better without having to watch your back at the same time as well.

shermas

Does PoE 32 still drop strange coins in the vault room, if you have treasure keys? I have 15 of them (5 on all dudes) and they're worthless right now.

200 HoJ rep and some strange coins is better than nothing, right?

Really? I missed the news about being able to solo the maps. It will definitely help to learn the layout a bit better without having to watch your back at the same time as well.

Yup. From deejs mouth on the gamescom vid a couple weeks back

I plan on improving my sniping game and shoot my wife over and over lol

SpecX

Does PoE 32 still drop strange coins in the vault room, if you have treasure keys? I have 15 of them (5 on all dudes) and they're worthless right now.

200 HoJ rep and some strange coins is better than nothing, right?

It did last time I ran it, but honestly that was back in January or February this year.

Yup. From deejs mouth on the gamescom vid a couple weeks back

I plan on improving my sniping game and shoot my wife over and over lol

Great idea, but also makes me even more worried about the continued rise of snipers in PvP.

spyder_ur

Do we have confirmation that vendor gear will be higher than 335?

I'm having a hard time deciding if I should try and get to 335 before ROI drops or if it is a waste of time.

I wouldn't worry about it. You'll breeze past it when ROI hits, so I don't think it's worth the energy. 335 means nothing anyways.

As for vendor gear, I'm curious. I'm kind of expecting it to be 335, given the light increase. Anything higher would be gravy but I'm skeptical.

I wouldn't worry about it. You'll breeze past it when ROI hits, so I don't think it's worth the energy. 335 means nothing anyways.

As for vendor gear, I'm curious. I'm kind of expecting it to be 335, given the light increase. Anything higher would be gravy but I'm skeptical.

Do we know what the raid light level is going to be?

Because that's all that matters

AEREC

So Im just now realizing that Motes of Light can be used to gain exp for your gear...I have like 300+ of these things, do they have any other use, besides being used as currency for some vendors?

spyder_ur

Ah, I see. I thought that was only part of the whole package.

Someone here will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there will be a small patch just to activate ROI on Tuesday, maybe tweak a couple things if necessary. The assets are already on your file, assuming you downloaded the big patch last week.

SpecX

So Im just now realizing that Motes of Light can be used to gain exp for your gear...I have like 300+ of these things, do they have any other use, besides being used as currency for some vendors?

Yeah, they added this in Y2, use them to upgrade gear, vendor level up, and exchange them for other materials with the Speaker and Xur.

Any groups doing a last minute Oryx HM challenge tonight? If so and you need someone, message me. I'm interested. PSN is the same as my name here.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Don't feel apprehensive about joining people you don't know, just jump in and play when someone is gathering people for private matches. Most gaffers are very friendly and open to playing with other gaffers they haven't played with before, so don't be shy about joining a group, just do it.

He's played with us a few times.

Anyway train tonight.

fghghghggh.gif

MrDaravon

It's not a must have. I have a hakkons hatchet without it and it's fine. Same archetype

It's best use is on 6s not so great in 3s

Hmm okay, I'll probably stick with this a while and see how I feel about it. I hate coming back to the game after so long and having to keep ask questions, but outside of the very top tier stuff looking on reddit etc and trying to get specific breakdowns of stuff is kind of hard; there's a good massive breakdown on reddit of all the weapons and best in class stuff but it can be hard to determine if the best gun in this specific class is worth using or not. Almost wish there was just a master list of every purple in the game with every one having a note indicating that it's always trash no matter what, or it's worth keeping if you get these specific rolls etc.

Kadey the daily trains are always whatever the daily PvP gamemode is right? Tonight is a very rare night off for me, but I'm 100% focusing on Mayhem Clash while it's still up trying to get all of the subclass crucible quests done before RoI.

soultron

Banned
Is anyone on PS4 shooting to do Oryx HM Thursday? I won't have the CP so this is why I'm asking here. I need it for Moments of Triumph. I can bring 2 of my good buddies, 1 of which has Touch of Malice and is 335. The other is +325. I'm 331.

We could join you at 9PM EST if you need us.

Hzoltan69

Do we know what the raid light level is going to be?

Because that's all that matters

Well, basically, I'll have 3 days to get ready for the raid. If progression remains the same and vendor gear is lower than 335, then every single light level I can get now matters. If any of those change, than grinding light levels now is a wasted effort.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Kadey the daily trains are always whatever the daily PvP gamemode is right? Tonight is a very rare night off for me, but I'm 100% focusing on Mayhem Clash while it's still up trying to get all of the subclass crucible quests done before RoI.

I always mix it up. Three different game modes, four if you count combined arms. Keeps people on their toes and keeps things fresh.

Hzoltan69

Is anyone on PS4 shooting to do Oryx HM Thursday? I won't have the CP so this is why I'm asking here. I need it for Moments of Triumph. I can bring 2 of my good buddies, 1 of which has Touch of Malice and is 335. The other is +325. I'm 331.

We could join you at 9PM EST if you need us.

There won't be an Oryx CM on Thursday. You have about 12 hours to get the fragment before the weekly reset.

Top Bottom