• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
People are saying to use aggressive instead of accurized on a shotgun but doesn't the latter have better stats?

385 normal
400 hard

Cap for light level raid is 385 and will be raised to 400 upon hard mode. Not sure what minimum requirements will be though.

Hmm. I wonder if 385 is going to be the same as 310 was meaning you can only achieve it with nm raid completion and the recommended level will be around 365-375.

Because the grind from 335 to 385 sounds much nicer than the 170 to 290 grind was last year

Well, basically, I'll have 3 days to get ready for the raid. If progression remains the same and vendor gear is lower than 335, then every single light level I can get now matters. If any of those change, than grinding light levels now is a wasted effort.

Well, yes and no. What's probably inportant is just being close to 335. i.e. if you want to get ready for the raid, you don't want your light level to be 295 now. But, say, 329 vs 335 is likely going to make absolutely no difference because you'll start shooting up in light toward 350+ really quickly, given past trends.

nowai

People are saying to use aggressive instead of accurized on a shotgun but doesn't the latter have better stats?

Depends on the shotgun. For PC+1, Agg + rifled/reinforced barrel will hit the max range.

PC+1 has a great base range, so you can hit the max range AND get the increased impact of aggressive ballistics.

Kalamari

I think Agg Balls is preferable over Field Choke and Acc Balls on PC +1 because the range cap can still be met with Rifled Barrel or Reinforced Barrel, but you get a damage bonus. Even though Agg Balls has a range penalty, Rifled or Reinforced still gives enough range to meet the range cap on PC +1.

robo

Is it confirmed that you cam use private matches to farm the grimore. If so i may have to venture into pvp eek.

Does it also rank up faction xp or just crucible as i don't want to go over my faction limit.

robo

Also I need to get the Ghost from the malloc strike starting point. So any takers this week, random just push forward and cock it up

Is it normal that I am not getting any legendary marks for doing the heroic strikes? It was the case yesterday and is still the case today. No matter how many I do, the menu still reads "remaining: 3".

Is it confirmed that you cam use private matches to farm the grimore. If so i may have to venture into pvp eek.

Does it also rank up faction xp or just crucible as i don't want to go over my faction limit.
You can.

Don't know about faction rep or crucible rep.

Zakalwe

Banned
Going to spam heroic strikes for a while for rep. Using vanguard booster for fire-team if anyone wants in.

Leaving in 15 minutes.

PSN: astropoff

nowai

Oh I see. So the tiny tiny bit of more damage with aggressive makes that much of a difference.

It does for me personally, without a doubt. Every time I have tried to use a Two to the Morgue, Comedian or even a non agg balls PC+1 and the enemy is left with just the smallest bit of health left, I cry.

UberLevi

Can I just pre-order Rise of Iron or do I need to get the Collection upgrade? Because that's $10 more and I don't know what the difference is.

Can I just pre-order Rise of Iron or do I need to get the Collection upgrade? Because that's $10 more and I don't know what the difference is.

Collection upgrade gives you a digital license for vanilla, useful if you want to ditch the disc. That's the only difference.

The $10 difference is it includes base Destiny digitally, if you're still on disc and want to have it digitally now instead.

My PS4 is considerably quieter now that it's not also spinning a disc on top of having the game running along.

Edit: BlazeBreak high-five!! :D

UberLevi

Collection upgrade gives you a digital license for vanilla, useful if you want to ditch the disc. That's the only difference.

I already have TTK Digital since I didn't hop in until late May of this year, so I'm guessing I'm fine to just skip the Collection Upgrade and pre-order RoI directly.

*High five*

I did the upgrade, myself- though worth noting, you have to delete your local Destiny install, then go into your library and download the digital version if you do. Assuming PS4, at least, don't think you need to on Xbone.

Edit: Yeah, if you're already completely digital, just pre-order ROI and not the collection upgrade.

stay gold

Oh I see. So the tiny tiny bit of more damage with aggressive makes that much of a difference.

Yes, but you should only use Aggressive on a shotty that can hit the range cap with it. In y2 that is Party Crasher and...thats it. Don't use Agg on a CT-D or Two to the Morgue for example.

kidko

I did another heroic strike and still did not receive any legendary marks. Weird.

Ah yes another janky thing with this patch.

I got marks the first time, but then no more after that. Mine is stuck at 2 remaining. I even tried with an alt in case that was it. Nope.

Triz

Anyone on PS4 want to run me through CoE? I haven't done it yet and I don't have a group to do it with. I think my light is a little low at 310, but Im sure i could pull some weight.

PSN is Triz

Anyone on PS4 want to run me through CoE? I haven't done it yet and I don't have a group to do it with. I think my light is a little low at 310, but Im sure i could pull some weight.

PSN is Triz

I'd like to join if we can get a third. I have you on my friends list already as well from when we did the Nightfall

PSN is geneticfoil

Ah yes another janky thing with this patch.

I got marks the first time, but then no more after that. Mine is stuck at 2 remaining. I even tried with an alt in case that was it. Nope.

Yeah I did one got 10 marks. Did 2 more, no marks. Did a 4th, got 20 marks.

Hedgey

r9aC0.jpg

Got a bunch of new stuff for my stream to get ready for RoI.
It feels so good. I used to just throw on my Playstation Golds and use the console streaming to broadcast. The sound quality wasn't great, no camera, and no overlay. Destiny deserves better than that!

Zakalwe

Banned
That's why I was wondering if there is a watermark or something so we know it's custom and not some dudes friend jumping into sniper fire.

90% of montages and pvp gifs (even the ones posted ITT) are obviously against low skilled opponents/in situations where the kill really isn't that impressive. Single kills usually.

It's extremely difficult to fake a good, actually consistent kill montage. So many of the gifs posted here aren't as impressive as they think they are.

Plus the average pvp player is pretty bad, so if you're half decent in pub games you'll look like a god.

The best montages are going to be in private games between gaffers we /know/ are good PvP players. The ones that come out on top with consistent multikill montages will be the ones to look at.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
The collection upgrade is a digital thing.

As far as the physical release of ROI goes, I believe the disc has everything up to the TTK spring update on it, and just a code for ROI itself.

Ah, damn. Was cool to think I was getting digital everything.

Now that Private Matches are a thing, can we start requesting Private Patrols for Destiny 2? I REALLY want to do a 5 vs 1 (or 10 vs 2) Juggernaut/VIP thing all around a planet.

It feels so good. I used to just throw on my Playstation Golds and use the console streaming to broadcast. The sound quality wasn't great, no camera, and no overlay. Destiny deserves better than that!

Is that a Persona 4 thing in the top-left corner? :D

I didn't know you strimmed

Make gaf proud

Because if you fuck this up.......

Your still welcome

Top Bottom