• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

You can kill with the hilt. Two hits to kill.

Jesus.....

mind-blown-2.gif

FyreWulff

Is anyone else having problems trying to preorder Rise of Iron on PS4? I've tried five times now, and everytime, the website says something that could be translated to "The purchase could have failed, please check your purchasing history". And in my purchasing history, I get an item added that reads "omission" with the amount "0,00$" next to it. I also cannot preorder the DLC from my PS4. Everytime I try, it says that my password is incorrect, but it's not. I can use it on my browser to connect to store.playstation.com.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I had to do it through the in-game prompt to preorder it. Site doesn't work. BungieHelp twitter says it's a known issue

shingi70

Banned
Just finished my moments of trimpuh, finally do pushed a hard mode raid. Before that played some CoE with a Gaffer not sure his Gaf name but his GT was Holden Cawffle.

Think I'm done for the night played about eight hours with few breaks and I'm beat.

soultron

Banned
Room for 3 on PSN for Oryx CM (from Oryx CP) on Normal. We are starting at 930 EST.

Message souItron (the L is an upper case i) on PSN.

darthbob

Anyone see Bungie's response to Ghost Bullets?

“Ghost Bullets” is a community-coined term that is being used to describe the frustration of missing the intended target due to weapon stats. The bullets aren’t disappearing, they just aren’t hitting the bullseye. Internally, we would call this specific aspect of a weapon “Accuracy,” which is one of the values embedded in the Range Stat of every Destiny weapon.

When looking at Destiny weapon archetypes, we wanted players to be able to assume a weapon’s traits through visuals and an intuitive understanding of how weapons work. Players can make the assumption that barrel length, and stability (stock) will affect the accuracy of a weapon class. These types of distinctive behaviors make for fun and interesting choices within the action simulation.

In short, Hand Cannons, with a relatively short barrel and no stock, are not intended to be long range precision weapons like a Scout Rifle or a Sniper Rifle. Instead they are big, heavy, pistols that pack a large punch. If you can control the kick, and close on your targets during combat, you will likely (as our friend Variks says) “Kill them dead.”

tl;dr, working as intended.
tripleWRECK am cry

finally managed to do oryx challenge on heroic and WOW what an adrenaline rush that came in after that fucker went down

everyone was just so happy and excited for it to be over

fuck oryx and anyone that love him

deafmedal

I think I'm actually going to break my controller over this sunslinger multikill bullshit, it's not crediting me for ANY of them, and tonight is the last night I have with Mayhem Clash before it goes away before RoI, and I still need to do all 3 of these quests on my Titan :(

I got all 3 subclasses on my Hunter and the other two on my Warlock with zero fucking problem, like 3-5 matches top in Mayhem Clash. I don't know why Sunslinger is so fucked for some reason. And I've completely blown off doing the NF or CoE all week to get this done too :/
Equip Claws of Ahamkara, Radiant Skin & double fusion 'nades for perks and wait for a cluster of dudes and pop radiance. This way you will have 2 charged melees and 2 'nades which are the only kills that count for this if I'm not mistaken.

Clunker

Just finished my moments of trimpuh, finally do pushed a hard mode raid. Before that played some CoE with a Gaffer not sure his Gaf name but his GT was Holden Cawffle.

Think I'm done for the night played about eight hours with few breaks and I'm beat.
That was me :) Sorry I couldn't stick around, but thanks! Running the CoE with super kills bonus is hilariously fun with Stormcaller. And congrats on your Moments!

grief

Room for 3 on PSN for Oryx CM (from Oryx CP) on Normal. We are starting at 930 EST.

Message souItron (the L is an upper case i) on PSN.

You wouldn't be able to save the checkpoint on another character would you? Won't be getting on until at least 10pm est and if I miss all the gaf groups it'll be real helpful if I have to deal with LFG

Zakalwe

Banned
Has anyone here found/used a Last Extremity Scout Rifle?

I have one, stats are:

ROF 27
Impact 61
Range 61
Stability 70
Reload 59

Came with:
Flash HS4/Signal Ms5
Life Support (bleh)
Hand Laid Stock
Firefly

And it absolutely destroys everything.

soultron

Banned
You wouldn't be able to save the checkpoint on another character would you? Won't be getting on until at least 10pm est and if I miss all the gaf groups it'll be real helpful if I have to deal with LFG
I don't have another character, sorry. :(

Maybe someone else can join on me, take the CP for you and run it with you later?

Also, if we don't fill up by 10 you can definitely run it with us.

EDIT: Slammin Hammon is coming, so we're full. If you can get someone to take the CP from us, let me know in the next 10.

darthbob

"The bullets aren't disappearing, they just aren't hitting the bullseye."

So, the player isn't the bullseye? Should I aim 3 feet above their head to hit them? What a lame excuse.

Like, seriously, if I'm aiming at someone, it should hit them. I don't care if it does 5 damage, it should still hit.

If the red dot in the middle of my sight is on a player's head and I pull the trigger, their head should be impacted by the bullet. >_<

Why is this so hard for them to understand?

Are you guys sure? I could easily just hop in with Soultron's group in 20 minutes if they are still open.

Yup, I'd rather run it on normal anyway haha.

Maybe someone else can join on me, take the CP for you and run it with you later?

Just shot you a message on PSN, got room for 1?

MrDaravon

Equip Claws of Ahamkara, Radiant Skin & double fusion 'nades for perks and wait for a cluster of dudes and pop radiance. This way you will have 2 charged melees and 2 'nades which are the only kills that count for this if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks, this was a big help and I somehow got the last 14 multikills I needed in one match! Even though I got less than 14 kills total that match. Bungie pls

Unrelated, but I got a Longbow, I see people talk about this but I have zero idea if this roll is any good (I think the perks aren't great even though GF got buffed IIRC)?

Hawkeye SLR15/Longview SLR10/Tacsys SLS15
Guerilla Fighter
Perfect Balance/Injection Mold/Reinforced Barrel
Hot Swap

NeOak

OK, finally took pictures of my titan figure

And never got an response from the Bungie Store using the webform and an actual email.

Fuckers.

grief

Cool, hopefully is down to be helpful!

Don't wait if you can find the people, I don't want you to wait for longer than it'll take to finish haha

soultron

Banned
Yup, I'd rather run it on normal anyway haha.

Just shot you a message on PSN, got room for 1?

We are full up, sorry. grief is looking to do it at 10, maybe you can run it with him?

If I finish my CM run (doing it for a friend's MOT CF) early I can help you guys run it too!

How much do you regret that PSN username now? haha

If I could find who took my username, I would pay them to take it from them. ;)

darthbob

OK, finally took pictures of my titan figure

*sad pictures*

And never got an response from the Bungie Store using the webform and an actual email.

Fuckers.

what the fuck, the same shit happened to me except I ordered mine from Sideshow Collectibles. What courier was used to deliver yours?

So what's the quickest way to earn exotic engrams with three of coins? Been running playlists, but it takes too long

Patrol on the dreadnaught. Kill the ultra that gives you the silent scream emblem and if it does not drop you can back out to try again. The ultra always respawns after returning to orbit. The mission kings of decay on earth spawns an ultra often right at the start that is easy to kill.

Zakalwe

Banned
So what's the quickest way to earn exotic engrams with three of coins? Been running playlists, but it takes too long

Dreadnought. Bridge. Ultra Knight.

You can run there in a few minutes from spawn. There's a faster wway than the video shows. Straight ahead from spawn, the big Cabal Hanger (with the red light inside). Room at the back will take you to the door faster than the way he runs.

I farmed the hell out of him yesterday. 25 3oC, 4 Exotics, two Sublime Legendary.

This is a very good spot.

Patrol on the dreadnaught. Kill the ultra that gives you the silent scream emblem and if it does not drop you can back out to try again. The ultra always respawns after returning to orbit. The mission kings of decay on earth spawns an ultra often right at the start that is easy to kill.

How do you the silent scream emblem?

I don't have it yet

Edit just saw a video. Looks like you need 2 people to get it

Same on my Titan, such bullshit regardless of how they plan to change it. A heads up on what's going to happen helps.

It definitely sucks they didn't give a heads up.

Like, I can understand WHY they did it-They didn't want anyone cheesing the next Iron Banner or what have you. But they should have given a warning.

Like....World of Warcraft does the same thing each expansion. In the past, they would wipe your Honor points(And previously Valor/Justice points) as soon as the expansion launched, but they would always mail you the gold that your points were worth. I forgot the exchange rate, but you would always get your worth for your points that you stored up.

Bungie should've done the same. Mailed you with 'We see that you have these bounties for Iron Banner! However to prevent players from getting the best gear without trying, we're going to convert your bounties to Marks/Strange Coins/Motes of Light.'. That would've been cool/

Top Bottom