• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Kalamari

Okay, on the topic of bloom, why did Bungie choose to include the mechanic when it was so hated by the community in Halo Reach, even 343i was smart enough to know that it was a flawed mechanic and removed it later on. Even Bungie can't learn from it's past mistakes. Bungie pls.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Is there an ultra faster than the Dreadnaught Ultra Knight?
Yup--the 3 ultras at the end of The Black Garden mission on Mars. Once you are there you can cycle them real quick, go to orbit, then head right back into the fight with those 3 again as long as you never complete the mission officially, though the cool down on 3oC chances plays into it too. Still the quickest way I think though.

shermas

Unless you're scoring more than one every 5-7 runs by cycling, I wouldn't bother. I've been getting between that number consistently.

Choose the quickest and just repeat it.

You don't get one every time.

Let me know how it goes for you if you stick with it.

Draksis on Venus... At the end of the mission, you can shoot him with a couple sniper rounds, then finish him with a rocket and kill yourself at the same time. He drops exotics and ether seeds (I think) and you spawn right outside his room again.

Wear rocket boots and bring some heavy ammo synths.. You might need to wait for the cool down.

rezn0r

Unless you're scoring more than one every 5-7 runs by cycling, I wouldn't bother. I've been getting between that number consistently.

Choose the quickest and just repeat it.

i hear ya, it was more to make it seem less boring i guess, they are all pretty quick - the gate lord checkpoint & king of decay mission are almost definitely faster than the dreadnaught ultra, but the king of decay mission isnt reliable at all, it only spawns about 1 in 4 times for me (further backing your point!)

edit: the black garden 3x ultra from a checkpoint definitely sounds like the best bet though.

With both of the above methods, how many coins on average do you need to spend per exotic?

In your personal experience.
If you're not hitting the cool down then it's roughly one every 5 to 7 coins...it can vary quite a bit though, I think I've done as many as 10 or 12 in a row.

There is allegedly a cool down if you kill ultras very quickly between each other. People guesstimate 5 to 10 minutes for the cool down based on *some* testing and also the fact that crucible matches are less than 10 mins and they wouldn't want those to trigger the cool down.

shermas

With both of the above methods, how many coins on average do you need to spend per exotic?

In your personal experience.

Probably 5 or 6 for Draksis. Sometimes I get nothing for 10 runs, then two will drop in quick succession.

It was my original farming route when 3oC first dropped... I've dabbled with other Ultras, but I always go back to Draksis. Plus, you pick up a lot of ether seeds and (maybe) house banners... I can't really remember. You can use that stuff to buy heavy ammo, then rank up your factions, so it's a double farm (sort of).

rezn0r

If you're not hitting the cool down then it's roughly one every 5 to 7 coins...it can vary quite a bit though, I think I've done as many as 10 or 12 in a row.

I definitely went 9 or 10 in a row one morning just killing taken invasion zealots. It was nuts. Of course I probably went 0-40 after that.

GorillaJu

3oc drop rate is semi random as far as I can tell. The more ultras you kill without a drop increases your chance for the next one. If you used like 11 3oc your chance for an exotic on your 12th is like 50%

shermas

There is allegedly a cool down if you kill ultras very quickly between each other. People guesstimate 5 to 10 minutes for the cool down based on *some* testing and also the fact that crucible matches are less than 10 mins and they wouldn't want those to trigger the cool down.

I'm not sure I believe the cool down... Draksis doesn't rain yellows like he did that first weekend, but I can still pop a coin, kill him, repeat and pick up a yellow every six-ish coins (on average).

I haven't farmed much lately because I've got a lot of engrams, so I just use them normally, while I"m playing... I'll sometimes start with a Draksis kill, go play for a while, then visit him again before I finish.

Melchiah

Last evening granted a very good haul from Nightfall and Challenge of Elders, and ranking up class and Dead Orbit:
335 Treads Upon Stars scout rifle and Apple of Discord pulse rifle to infuse with my current weapons
333 Lord of Wolves exotic shotgun
334 Consumed Ghost Shell (this alone raised me from 331 to 333)
334 Warden's Sight helmet
336 Bones of Eao exotic legpiece (I thought 335 was the max before RoI)
And a couple of 330 armor to increase the light level of the two other classes I have currently at 325 and 317. That's probably the best haul I've ever got.

SpecX

Have they said how long the raid is? I want something shorter than Kings Fall.

Haven't heard, but I'm hoping length wise, it's on par with VoG and is as forgiving as VoG or Crota. KF just requires too much damn perfection for something we will be running for months before the next content drop.

Any word out on what comes after RoI? I'm looking forward to D2, but would like to know if we're getting something else before the end of the year (not SRL) or early next.

Dez_

Haven't heard, but I'm hoping length wise, it's on par with VoG and is as forgiving as VoG or Crota. KF just requires too much damn perfection for something we will be running for months before the next content drop.

Any word out on what comes after RoI? I'm looking forward to D2, but would like to know if we're getting something else before the end of the year (not SRL) or early next.

I think they've been really quiet on future stuff. I would really like to get at least one more expansion as a send off to lead to Destiny 2, but it is more likely that this will be it along with smaller events like last year (Halloween, SRL, etc).

rezn0r

I bet another April-style "update" between RoI & D2, on top of the smaller "seasonal" events

edit: was in your audience but passing out, good luck neoak & crew

Kalentan

Managed to do Court of Oryx and Oryx CM on NM. So this week I need to do:

1. Complete Sword Exotic Quest
2. Finish Crucible Quest line.

Then I need to do the CM this week and then I think I need someone to explain to me what time slot in EST next tuesday I will have to do the last Court and CM?

Finished Oryx CM, so by the grace of RNGsus I'm praying tomorrow's reset is Warpriest CM and a Dreadnought Nightfall. Then my Year Two journey is complete.

My friend was telling me that it might not be Warpriest tomorrow as well.

Why is that?

That's what I don't understand.

MoT aside, the Warpriest CM drops a shader too. Why lock that out? I don't see the harm in letting it run once more for last minute people like myself.

As for the Nightfall, I know chances are slim, I'm just hoping Bungie throws us a bone haha

Then I need to do the CM this week and then I think I need someone to explain to me what time slot in EST next tuesday I will have to do the last Court and CM?

Don't you have to wait a week for the exotic sword to get "made" by whoever?

That's what I don't understand.

MoT aside, the Warpriest CM drops a shader too. Why lock that out? I don't see the harm in letting it run once more for last minute people like myself.

As for the Nightfall, I know chances are slim, I'm just hoping Bungie throws us a bone haha

Why that particular Nightfall?

Edit: Looked it up, I must have found that fragment a while back.

Why that particular Nightfall?

Edit: Looked it up, I must have found that fragment a while back.

Yeah I have no idea how I missed that one. Needless to say, the second the Year Three record book is up, I'm gunning for everything asap hahaha

Don't you have to wait a week for the exotic sword to get "made" by whoever?

Depends on what stage in the guest they are. Plus, the only stage I can think of involving waiting is for Armsday, so they still have time.

The time slot is from normal reset time to 8 hours later when ROI is released. Apologies I don't trust my time zone skills to translate that to EST.

Note the slot is not guaranteed...but likely.. so good luck!

lol you guys are struggling just like we did. i didnt have the heart to tell the 306 person to leave the game though.

3 hours wasted. and moment of triumph lost. just like that. fucking sucks.

That's a real shame :( sorry :(

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I'm still up and can help if u got a crew?
Nope. My crew went to the neoak oryx run. My friend and i decided three hours was enough.

We came pretty close three times but we choked on the last run every time. And then there was that misadventure glitch I posted on the last page that killed me and effectively ended the run.

Never do CM on hard.

Nope. My crew went to the neoak oryx run. My friend and i decided three hours was enough.

We came pretty close three times but we choked on the last run every time. And then there was that misadventure glitch I posted on the last page that killed me and effectively ended the run.

Never do CM on hard.

It was pain in the ass for my crew too. Think it took us 3 and a half hours. But that sweet sweet victory when we did it... Think I woke my neighbors hahaha. Plus, an exotic decrypted to a Trespasser, so I really lucked out.

Dead

well not really...yet
Did the latest update nerf the light levels of engrams being decoded?

Its become impossible for me to get anything above 265 in purple, or anything above 247 in blue no matter what and my LL is 302. Previously was light levels in the 290s and 300s on the regular...what gives?

Did the latest update nerf the light levels of engrams being decoded?

Its become impossible for me to get anything above 265 in purple, or anything above 247 in blue no matter what and my LL is 302. Previously was light levels in the 290s and 300s on the regular...what gives?

I think it's borked in preparation for ROI drops. Mine have been noticeable lower as well.

SpecX

Never do CM on hard.
Ok then, last call for anyone else needing help before I go to bed.

:( Maybe tomorrow

NastyBook

You don't get one every time.

Let me know how it goes for you if you stick with it.
Had to stop. Went through twelve and didn't get jack diddly. Was probably mis-timing the whole thing. Ran some bounties. Gonna make one more run of it before going to bed.

Kill Majors/players. Which I believe is the step right before it tells you to wait.

Not quite. Still need 500 ability kills and 10 rare materials (REALLY rare). Then it's the Armsday wait, then it's the final part, Sealing The Blade. You have to get the first two parts complete, like, TODAY. Godspeed, the rare materials is a bitch...

EDIT: actually there's one more step even before all that. You'll really have to hustle, dude. Here's a breakdown: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3l7lcy/how_to_get_your_exotic_sword/

bgbball31

Holy crap, we did it. It took 7 hours and two different groups (putting up with my suckitude), but we finally did it.

Thanks, DestinyGAF.

Acidote

When do year 2 triumphs end exactly? I still have yet to do those two Challenge of Elders triumphs, I've devoted my time to the WoW expansion lately and I have yet to do those.

McArkus

Never do CM on hard.

I'm sorry to hear that, those bugs and misadventures should be priority in an activity that requires this high degree of synchronization and awareness. I cross my fingers for the next raid to have more relaxed mechanics.

When do year 2 triumphs end exactly? I still have yet to do those two Challenge of Elders triumphs, I've devoted my time to the WoW expansion lately and I have yet to do those.

Challenge of Elders or Court of Oryx? Cause it's probably too late for the latter. Think the rotation has passed.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Im finally done with moments of triumphs year 2. now to chill the fuck out this week...and wait for next tuesday

Top Bottom