• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

SpecX

It definitely sucks they didn't give a heads up.

Like, I can understand WHY they did it-They didn't want anyone cheesing the next Iron Banner or what have you. But they should have given a warning.

Like....World of Warcraft does the same thing each expansion. In the past, they would wipe your Honor points(And previously Valor/Justice points) as soon as the expansion launched, but they would always mail you the gold that your points were worth. I forgot the exchange rate, but you would always get your worth for your points that you stored up.

Bungie should've done the same. Mailed you with 'We see that you have these bounties for Iron Banner! However to prevent players from getting the best gear without trying, we're going to convert your bounties to Marks/Strange Coins/Motes of Light.'. That would've been cool/

This would have been perfect, but it makes too much sense. Just a heads up is all I would have wanted and that would have been 0 extra effort from them. Bungie seriously needs to fix the communication problem they have, it's really that simple.

Wilde

Anyone willing to help me get my brother through the strike to finish his exotic sword quests? He needs the Arc and Solar swords still, but I don't want to run the strike with some random.

ZW33

MrDaravon

Weird, does the Sunstrike melee just suck or something? I'm doing the crucible quests on my Titan now and when I hit people with it damage is certainly happening, but it's almost never killing damage. Tons of times when I'm positive a charged Warlock/Hunter melee would kill an opponent Sunstrike is just totally failing. Am I missing something here?

It's also getting harder and harder to find Mayhem Clash matches as the night goes on, dunno if people are really pushing to get the Oryx CM done or what.

grief

EDIT: Just decided to quit spamming the thread and hit up LFG. I'm down to help anyone else though tonight if I get this done.

Anyone down for Oryx CM? Normal or Hard is fine with me. Ideally need a checkpoint but since we're coming down to the wire, I'm down to grind through it.

1. xGrief

Anyone willing to help me get my brother through the strike to finish his exotic sword quests? He needs the Arc and Solar swords still, but I don't want to run the strike with some random.

ZW33
Do you still need it?

Edit: Man... I disliked sniping a lot in pvp, but all I felt it needed was more damage-sway when you got hit while being scoped in. This nerf to damage... ugh...

MrDaravon

Welp, the dream is dead. It must be people scrambling to get Oryx CM because I've NEVER had this much trouble getting a match in the Weekly. It's consistently struggling to put me in 4v4 matches, and I'm getting mostly the same people, including two fuckers who are partnered up and are red-barring and impossible to kill.

I'm legitimately so disappointed, these fucking bullshit crucible quests are part of why I stopped playing originally, I wanted to get it done on all of my characters so badly :(. Got my Hunter and Warlock done, but only got the first part of two of the subclasses done on my Titan, spending like 3 fucking hours on my Warlock Sunslinger kills really really fucked me. I work so much and I've spent like every possible moment I've had to play games this week grinding this out and I couldn't get it done. Sigh. It super tanked my K/D too, turns out going 0.2-0.4 for dozens of matches hurts that lol.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
First run came up with nada. 45 3oC left.
I was going to do this method, but I've had better luck at the end of the mission The Black Garden on Mars. Get to the end and there are three (3!) ultras that might drop exotics if you use a 3oC on each. I do it each day on all three characters but sadly I'm low on 3oCs so I'll need to wait for Xûr. Just go to orbit right after the 3rd kill so you don't get credit for finishing the mission. Enjoy and good luck!!

rezn0r

I was going to do this method, but I've had better luck at the end of the mission The Black Garden on Mars. Get to the end and there are three (3!) ultras that might drop exotics if you use a 3oC on each. I do it each day on all three characters but sadly I'm low on 3oCs so I'll need to wait for Xûr. Just go to orbit right after the 3rd kill so you don't get credit for finishing the mission. Enjoy and good luck!!

Good idea, I'll grab that checkpoint soon. The last two days I've been stockpiling by rotating Gate Lord CP, start of Kings of Decay mission, and Dreadnaught's Ultra Knight. Will have to add that in to my cycle...

Sykane

Anyone else still need the oryx challenge fragment? I'm looking to get it done, have the normal mode checkpoint. Would love to get it done for my moments of triumph, I'm on ps4 and my PSN is wmc342. 333 and have completed the raid on normal and hard multiple times, let me know

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Well our run didnt go so well. This thing is a bitch on hard mode. we choked at least three last phases and the rest didnt go so well either.

then we had this misadventure bullshit glitch that killed me coming out of the shadow of oryx bubble. bungie needs to give me the oryx kill fragment for this. it was before the very last bomb phase too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NstcUvhCj50

Zakalwe

Banned
Good idea, I'll grab that checkpoint soon. The last two days I've been stockpiling by rotating Gate Lord CP, start of Kings of Decay mission, and Dreadnaught's Ultra Knight. Will have to add that in to my cycle...

Unless you're scoring more than one every 5-7 runs by cycling, I wouldn't bother. I've been getting between that number consistently.

Choose the quickest and just repeat it.

Is there an ultra faster than the Dreadnaught Ultra Knight?

First run came up with nada. 45 3oC left.

You don't get one every time.

Let me know how it goes for you if you stick with it.

Top Bottom