• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Zakalwe

Banned
310 Guardian looking for two to help run Nightfall.

I have good good weapons so I shouldn't be too much of a burdon!

PSN: astropoff

Thanks guys. :3

Posting again for a new page:

All three this week? Nice. These are the only fragments I'm missing. Xbox players, who's up for doing the raid? Would love to get some names together and we can work out times from there.

1. Scottish Sin
2. ChubbleDucks

So can y2 card be done by everyone now?

Complete an Elder's Sigil scorecard in the Prison of Elders. - Easy
Complete the Taken King main questline, culminating in 'Regicide'. - Easy
Equip a fully leveled Year Two subclass on any character. - Easy
Complete the Crucible questline culminating in 'The Mountaintop.' - Time Consuming but can be done if the time/effort is put into it.
Collect all 50 Calcified Fragments. - Can be done this week as 3 CoO and Raid challenges are enabled.
Complete any of the Exotic sword quests from Shaxx. - Depends on what step your on as need to wait a week for part of it.
Complete the April quests 'At the Gates' and 'Return to the Prison'. - Can't remember what this is.
Defeat Oryx in the King's Fall Raid on Hard difficulty. - Easy with good group

Damn you Bungie! I was ready to tell myself I was ok not getting year 2 triumph because I hadn't done any of the challenge mode fragments (I stopped playing right as the CM stuff went live) but now that they did all three this week...I think I can get my y2 MoT. Fuuuuu, lets do this. I already had RoI pre ordered so I guess this is a good warm up. Get the y1 MoT was a nice return to the game before TTK. Heyoooo DGAF, glad to be back. It's nice to be hyped about Destiny again.

Edit: These are the ones I need. I will def be calling on some GAFers for help.

Complete the Crucible questline culminating in 'The Mountaintop.'
Collect all 50 Calcified Fragments. - (missing one CoO and the three CM)
Complete the April quests 'At the Gates' and 'Return to the Prison'
Defeat Oryx in the King's Fall Raid on Hard difficulty.

Zakalwe

Banned
Complete the Crucible questline culminating in 'The Mountaintop.' - Time Consuming but can be done if the time/effort is put into it.
Collect all 50 Calcified Fragments. - Can be done this week as 3 CoO and Raid challenges are enabled.
Complete any of the Exotic sword quests from Shaxx. - Depends on what step your on as need to wait a week for part of it.
Complete the April quests 'At the Gates' and 'Return to the Prison'. - Can't remember what this is.

The April quests might be the only issue if they're no longer available... everything else I have access to. Thanks very much.

I can help. Need one more.

Thanks friend.

One more Guardian like to go NF? :3

So hypothetically, I might be able to get a bunch of those done before RoI? I've only done the Taken King questline so far, and for a lot of these I'm unsure how to go about them.

Number45

The April quests are those quests that were unlocked with the update, culminating in the new strike. They'll be there.

Haven't heard, but I'm hoping length wise, it's on par with VoG and is as forgiving as VoG or Crota. KF just requires too much damn perfection for something we will be running for months before the next content drop.

Any word out on what comes after RoI? I'm looking forward to D2, but would like to know if we're getting something else before the end of the year (not SRL) or early next.
I don't mind the precision needed in KF, but I'd like less glitches. Losing a tough encounter to something outside of your control isn't fun.

JJShadow

The April quests might be the only issue if they're no longer available... everything else I have access to. Thanks very much.

Thanks friend.

One more Guardian like to go NF? :3

I got those quests done some weeks ago, so I'm pretty sure you can still complete them. I don't remember exactly how I got them as they became available just by natural progression (they are given to you by Variks if that helps)

Xbox players, who's up for doing the raid?

Already done the MoT, but happy to do NM/CM with anyone and HM with most people I've done NM with. Available most weekdays in the evening (GMT-3) and the weekend. Can usually provide at least one other person.

I'll be up for it but can't until about 6pm UK time.

If you have trouble getting people during the week, are you able to play on the weekend?

So hypothetically, I might be able to get a bunch of those done before RoI? I've only done the Taken King questline so far, and for a lot of these I'm unsure how to go about them.

Exotic sword quest is the least possible to do at this point. It can probably be done if you have enough hours to devout to it today (you have to get it to the point where you're waiting for the next armsday (tomorrow)).

Zakalwe

Banned
Nightfall run.

1. Zakalwe (astropoff) LL 310
2. Hzoltan69 (Hzoltan969) LL332

-

Ready to go now, add either of us on psn.

Exotic sword quest is the least possible to do at this point. It can probably be done if you have enough hours to devout to it today (you have to get it to the point where you're waiting for the next armsday (tomorrow)).

Hmm, I won't be playing today as much as I have been the past three days since I'm out at lunchtime and the afternoon, but when I get back I'll try and rush through as much as I can.

What would be the best way to get my light level up as quickly as possible? I'm LL 208 atm.

RickD

Challenge of Eldars is what Prison of Eldars should have been. It's so much better.

None of the dismantle/disarm mines crap or waves of Enemies, Scores that are tracked to make going back worth while. It should be matchmade though, don't see any reason why it can't be.

I also wish you could choose modifiers which would multiply your score - such as turn a negative one on and you get 1.5x score, but turn a positive one on and you get .75x your score etc..

A few of us at work have started playing again over the last few weeks so we are trying to get a decent raid team sorted for a weekly run through. I'd stopped playing around feb time i think, then came back for a couple of days in April, but nothing up until a few weeks ago.

What would be the best way to get my light level up as quickly as possible? I'm LL 208 atm.

Strikes and T1 CoO for engrams. Decrypt engrams for your lowest slot first, always equip your highest light gear.

If you have the marks/shards you may wish to buy a vendor heavy or exotic heavy to dump into your exotic sword to get it up to the 280.

Anyway, you have hours of the least fun grind of Y2 to get an exotic sword. Everything up to Part 3, Step 4 must be done today.

soultron

Banned
I had planned it out so that I could get the last CM and COO Calcified Fragments after the ROI reset, but I'm super glad Bungie decided just to enable all 3 KF CM CFs and all 3 COO CFs for this week. It means that as long as people do the arms day part of the exotic sword quest before tomorrow, everyone still has a last minute chance at MOT. :)

All three this week? Nice. These are the only fragments I'm missing. Xbox players, who's up for doing the raid? Would love to get some names together and we can work out times from there.

1. Scottish Sin
2. ChubbleDucks

I don't need the fragments myself, but I can be an alternate if you just need help. I know the time zone difference could be tough, but whenever you see me on, let me know if you need help

GorillaJu

Thanks Zakalwe. You can just go ham on the flayers with sword when they spawn. I killed two of them and took the third to about a pixel HP when I died.

hitlerat

Yesterday we have a strange behaviour on the "Power the Glyph" oryx raid...

It prevent me from passing the Brand of the Weaver in the third "wave"...
It always happened in the exactly same order/sequence... I could pass the first two fine, but in third it did not work ... Tried about 5 times and re-enter the raid but same "bug" continues to happen...

Is that a common "bug" ? Or what?

Thanks

WeTeHa

oh shit, triple challenge mode? I want to run a full raid this werkend with all 3 challenges, just for fun. A sort of goodbye taken king raid.

void666

Banned
Yesterday we have a strange behaviour on the "Power the Glyph" oryx raid...

It prevent me from passing the Brand of the Weaver in the third "wave"...
It always happened in the exactly same order/sequence... I could pass the first two fine, but in third it did not work ... Tried about 5 times and re-enter the raid but same "bug" continues to happen...

Is that a common "bug" ? Or what?

Thanks

Was it on the right side? I don't know if it's a common bug but whenever people fail to pass the brand it's usually at the right side.

hitlerat

Was it on the right side? I don't know if it's a common bug but whenever people fail to pass the brand it's usually at the right side.

It was always on the "host" side... I dont know if its a coincidence,,,
But we could reproduce that with 100% precision ...
Third time, both guardians sitting on center of totem... It always failed

So preordered ROI on amazon for the digital code, says code is coming on the 20th? So I still get the preorder weapon even if I don't get the code before release date?

Already done the MoT, but happy to do NM/CM with anyone and HM with most people I've done NM with. Available most weekdays in the evening (GMT-3) and the weekend. Can usually provide at least one other person.

Thanks Crude, that would be a massive help. I should be on from 7PM GMT tonight so I'll keep a look out for you.

I don't need the fragments myself, but I can be an alternate if you just need help. I know the time zone difference could be tough, but whenever you see me on, let me know if you need help

No problem Hippo and thank you. Like I've said to you, time zones suck haha. I'll keep a look out for you and the same goes to you, any time you see me on let me know if you need help with anything.

Trakan

I don't know why anyone is expecting anything. The original Earth space is being left untouched and a new Patrol zone is being added for SIVA and all the RoI stuff.

That didn't stop Taken from appearing all over the place. They didn't just appear on the dreadnaught.

This is the first expansion where the patrol areas were left untouched. They were changed in advance of the new expansion every time before this one.

Hopefully it goes live at 10am PDT?

Robotziane

Neo Member

1. Scottish Sin
2. ChubbleDucks

I would definitely be up for that. You got any dates/times in mind?

From the UK btw

shermas

Isn't there still an outside chance that if/when private matches go live today, they add something to patrol? Some kind of PvE HYEP event?

Zen Mu

Yeah, weird bug with low LL gear dropping from Shaxx :/ Saving mine for next week.

I used my final trials bounties to open my Shax weekly last week, and the n did the weekly crucible bounties and saved them for this week.

So I jump on grabbed the weekly and then used those bounties and opened it... I got no engrams or weapons. Instead I got 44 (!) strange coins and 14 motes of light, weird but i'll take it.

Top Bottom