• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

chur

New taken patrols were accessible the week prior. The enemies had ??? Levels making them impossible to kill, but it was something.
The Wolves of Mars were there with ??? levels. But we didn't have any taken spawning in patrols like we do now. Occasionally someone would find a patrol beacon that led them to to a Taken Ultra, but once again they were above our light limit.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Guys i need a checkpoint for oryx normal AND hard. Can someone please save them on their alts and share it among gaffers.

I will take warpriest too. :p

Zakalwe

Banned
Could two people help me with a quest please?

Need to run the Omnigol strike, there's a perfect spot to complete the 7 orbs FoH quest. Let me kill a specific group of adds, wipe, x3, then finish the strike.

Would really appreciate the help, this quest's been sitting in my log for ages!

I would definitely be up for that. You got any dates/times in mind?

From the UK btw

Nice and no worries. I'm UK as well so ideally it'd be GMT around 7PM onwards on weekdays but I could obviously go later or earlier on weekends to accommodate anyone else from different time zones.

Feel free to add me btw, GT is the same as my username.

WizzNARD

Xbox guardians! Anyone want to finish off moments? I need Golgoroth and oryx. Anyone want to give it go? Don't have to do both tonight.

Toddler

Dark Below gave players the chance to get used to the sword. House of Wolves had packs you could kill for Treasure Keys. Taken would corrypt an area and you could earn runes.

Rise of Iron?

SlimySnake

How long does this part take?

the drop rate in my experience (i did it for all three swords) was one in 20. As long as you keep your head down and dont go suicidal after the first hour, you should be able to get it done in 2 hours.

make sure to set your clock back a week so you have the patrol instance to yourself. otherwise people would be messing with your mats.

Xbox guardians! Anyone want to finish off moments? I need Golgoroth and oryx. Anyone want to give it go? Don't have to do both tonight.
Sign me up for anything, I need to do challenge of elders, KF challenge mode, and KF HM for the moments. Can play tonight , Thursday night, or sometime this weekend.

P.S. Did a discord for Xbox gamers get set up while I've been gone? I saw some chat about it in the Bad to the Xbone clan chat but no good link to signup

MrDaravon

They made all 3 CM's and CoO bosses available this week? Good on Bungie.

Hoping I can get some NF carries after lunch or later tonight, I've still only done one NF on one character since I started playing again lol. This is the last week to clear out the quest log before RoI oh god

Arrrammis

Dark Below gave players the chance to get used to the sword. House of Wolves had packs you could kill for Treasure Keys. Taken would corrypt an area and you could earn runes.

Rise of Iron?

Unfortunately, I doubt we'll get anything on the PvE side this time. The Rise of Iron version of the cosmodrome has a completely separate patrol zone, so the splicers won't appear in the patrol we have access to now.

Rise of Iron?
I think this is a theme that we'll be seeing more of over the next few weeks.

I'm very excited for RoI but it looks very content-light compared to TTK. Plus, 2.4 was one of the most bug-ridden patches we've seen in this game.

I'm looking forward to the new social space, some new gear and a new (shorter) raid, but expecting the rest of the game to be almost exactly the same as it is now.

neoism

So are to brown drops and low light items a bug glitch ?

Really fucking annoying a leg turning into a 266 item when I'm level 325

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The other day I played for the first time in forever. I'm still as awesome as I remember. There was even a new strike!

KingV

So are to brown drops and low light items a bug glitch ?

Really fucking annoying a leg turning into a 266 item when I'm level 325

I just started on PS4 (from Bone) and I'm basically stuck at 260 because of it. Everything drops 250 or below. I could buy vendor stuff, but seems like a waste of marks with too next week

commish

Theres a lot of new stuff if you haven't played in a bit. More in about a week.

I don't remember you
as being that awesome

How quickly we forget all the times I carried you! :p

My GF is going to flip out when she sees there's a new Destiny coming out. Hates this game. To this day she still randomly says "Minotaur. Minotaur." because I was always on Minotaur duty on the Nexus strike's boss (when you stayed up top). IF I DON'T CALL OUT THE FACT THAT THERE'S A MINOTAUR SPAWNING WE ARE DEAD, DO YOU UNDERSTAND??? DEAD!

Nuszka

How quickly we forget all the times I carried you! :p

My GF is going to flip out when she sees there's a new Destiny coming out. Hates this game. To this day she still randomly says "Minotaur. Minotaur." because I was always on Minotaur duty on the Nexus strike's boss (when you stayed up top). IF I DON'T CALL OUT THE FACT THAT THERE'S A MINOTAUR SPAWNING WE ARE DEAD, DO YOU UNDERSTAND??? DEAD!

Lol my wife isn't a happy bunny either. I PRESTIGED in december though, worked my way up again on 2 guardians so i am ready with them for RoI.

Strikes and T1 CoO for engrams. Decrypt engrams for your lowest slot first, always equip your highest light gear.

If you have the marks/shards you may wish to buy a vendor heavy or exotic heavy to dump into your exotic sword to get it up to the 280.

Anyway, you have hours of the least fun grind of Y2 to get an exotic sword. Everything up to Part 3, Step 4 must be done today.

Fuck it, I'm gonna try and go for it. If I don't succeed, oh well. But it's worth a shot, even if that list looks like it's gonna take me a while. I don't have any plans for tonight, anyway,

Fuck it, I'm gonna try and go for it. If I don't succeed, oh well. But it's worth a shot, even if that list looks like it's gonna take me a while. I don't have any plans for tonight, anyway,

Just get ability kills while doing material farming it helps. I decided to go for my first exotic sword 2 or 3 weeks ago I am now working on my 3rd. I still believe farming warsats for sleeper is worse than material farming for the swords.

commish

The Nuszka prestige is special, it's where you delete all your characters from Destiny.

As Illini said , did it during christmas time, alcohol was involved. Best part about it is you don't care that much about getting everything in the game. Casual mode engaged.

Lol you are nuts :p I'm TOTALLY surprised alcohol was involved! I'd do it if I could restart with at least my Hawkmoon.

Destiny should be casual mode. I always go too hard and burn out. I remember we used to run Crota 3 (or 6) times in the morning before I went to work. Why on earth would I get up at 3 am for that?!!! It was fun but I was always so tired haha.

SpecX

My wife doesn't know an expansion is releasing, although I think she's starting to get suspicious since I randomly took vacation on a Tuesday and have been playing more recently.

Nuszka

Haha remember the times , purged my friends list as well, will add you. No serious commitments though :) I just want to keep it casual between us...

noomi

Yup. I may or may not have already called off work that day. Cannot confirm. I'm still rocking the Destiny themed PS4 so my love of Destiny will never die.

Noice, I have off the 21st, couldn't get the 20th :(

Not going to be waking up at 5am for raids though... wait... yeah... yeah I will be :D

WizzNARD

Sign me up for anything, I need to do challenge of elders, KF challenge mode, and KF HM for the moments. Can play tonight , Thursday night, or sometime this weekend.

P.S. Did a discord for Xbox gamers get set up while I've been gone? I saw some chat about it in the Bad to the Xbone clan chat but no good link to signup
Nice. Anyone else want to do stuff? I'm at work with sporadic chances to look here so if someone wants to take initiative I won't mind!

If we can't get a raid going CoE for sure. I'm also interested in the discord if anyone has info.

commish

Haha remember the times , purged my friends list as well, will add you. No serious commitments though :) I just want to keep it casual between us...

I still have dozens of people on my friends list who are playing Destiny. I don't even remember 98% of them, tbh.

Noice, I have off the 21st, couldn't get the 20th :(

Not going to be waking up at 5am for raids though... wait... yeah... yeah I will be :D

No 5 am raids! I took off the 20th and 21st. Still have weeks of vacay time to use before the end of the year, so I should have taken off more.

Challenge of Elders has Grenade Kill Bonus & Catapult as the modifiers. Another super easy week. Keksis is pretty annoying, but the other bosses are really easy.

SlimySnake

Challenge of Elders has Grenade Kill Bonus & Catapult as the modifiers. Another super easy week. Keksis is pretty annoying, but the other bosses are really easy.

If people have warlocks, use Energy drain perks and double scatter grenade guantlets to have unlimited grenades. the energy drain perks will keep recharging grenades after each kill and catapult will make that near instantaneous.

tried that a couple of weeks ago in heroic strikes. so much fun. so broken. lol

Super disappointed the Nightfall isn't on the Dreadnought, as that's the last fragment I need. Happy that Coe and Oryx CM is available for all though. Good hunting Guardians.

Top Bottom