• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

No

Progression and Reputation
  • Progress may be earned in Private Matches toward Daily Crucible Bounties and Test Weapons received from the Gunsmith.
  • Progress MAY NOT be earned in Private Matches toward Quests, Record Books, or Weekly Bounties.
  • All participating players will receive 30 Crucible Reputation upon completing each Private Match. This can be increased with the Crucible Champion perk found of some Class Items, however Crucible Reputation Boosters will have no effect.

https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Rise-of-Iron-Private-Matches/en/Help/Troubleshoot?oid=45079

Omg. So I can go into a match solo with a 1 minute time limit and just farm rep?

Seems like a problem

j-wood

Can I use private matches to knock out the awful sword PVP and hand cannon PVP quests I've never been able to complete?

MrDaravon

It's a well-rolled vendor-sold fusion rifle. You should buy one!

FWC has a really good vendor roll. Probably seeing a lot of use since people are getting it before it goes away. I'm one of those people. I knew it was a good roll but I never got around to trying it until this week.

Hmm, I might take a look. I'm still strapped for Marks since I'm still picking up all the Y2 exotics I'm missing from the kiosk since I'm a lapsed player, but I'll see about picking that up maybe. I think the only fusion rifles I really have are the ones you get from whatever TTK quest, Too Far Gone or something like that?

WizzNARD

Weird.

So any Xbox Guardians have Tuesday to play rise of Iron ?
I should, at least that's the plan. Trying to set something up tonight too. Again, anyone interested in raiding for moments lets do it. I'm pretty busy with work today so if someone wants to try setting something up lets do it. Got a couple takers already

soultron

Banned
Brehs, you can find hidden ghosts on MP maps in private matches. For anyone that cares about grimoire score and/or lore, that's for you!

Dez_

Sometimes late at night I can still hear him saying: Gained the lead! Lost the lead! Tied the leader!

Halo announcer was my favorite. Took me a while, but I totally like Shaxx's commentary. Next expansion should have you going on adventures with him and having him talk all the time. I could listen to him all day.

Any fast way to acquire one or two exotic shards without Xur? Got a Telesto and a Bones of Eao today but no mats to infuse :(

You'll need at least one exotic shard, but you can go to your blueprints and buy an exotic weapon, level it up with motes and then dismantle it for 2 exotic shards. Do that a few times to give yourself more.

shermas

Yes, actually. Dismantle your Telesto and your Bones of Eao and you'll have two exotic shards right away.

Buy an exotic rocket launcher from the kiosk, use a heavy weapon XP booster (from the gunsmith), use 5 or 6 motes to fully level it up, dismantle it. Viola! TWO exotic shards. Repeat as desired.

MrDaravon

Cool, weekly heroic strikes are broken for me as well in terms of getting no Marks. It's okay Bungie, I'm not trying desperately to grind out Marks this week or anything >_>

You'll need at least one exotic shard, but you can go to your blueprints and buy an exotic weapon, level it up with motes and then dismantle it for 2 exotic shards. Do that a few times to give yourself more.

Thanks, so dismantling the boot, grab a Telesto from the kiosk, use motes to level it up to max then dismantle? Sounds good.

Buy an exotic rocket launcher from the kiosk, use a heavy weapon XP booster (from the gunsmith), use 5 or 6 motes to fully level it up, dismantle it. Viola! TWO exotic shards. Repeat as desired.

Sadly I don't have any exotic heavy weapon unlocked so guess I'll go with the above method.

GreyWind

rXtWQxH.png

It's s beautiful at night. Minus the film filter :/

All we need is a theater or photomode

shermas

So, for science... I loaded a private match on my Xbox. Signed on from my kid's Xbox in the other room, created a fireteam. Started a rumble match with a 1,000 point limit. Killed him a few times, won the match and earned a rumble win on my grimoire and got 2 strange coins at the end of the match.

What's your psn? If you were the last person who added me, I forgot to look at the name..

Join the party I made if it's you. If not, add me.

My PSN ID is WakizashiM. If you are Astropoff, you are in my friends list. I cannot join your fireteam though, it seems.

Zocano

Got you.

One more to go! If anyone would like to join us for NM KF Challenges, we're ready whenever you join!

Well, when Zocano accepts my FR and joins up we will be...

Yes man! Log in and join up on the FT/Party!

woops, in the middle of CoE; nearly done

If you use a class item with rocket or machine gun XP, you don't need a booster.

For the exotic sword Darkblade strike, do you have to have the legendary sword(s) equipped or in your inventory at all? Gonna be able to finally knock out my solar and my void sword tomorrow.

Kalamari

With solar burn as the heroic strike modifier, it seems people are farming for Grasps again this week. Drop rate is probably terrible.

Top Bottom