• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

GunnerZ

Got all the ghosts for the PvP maps, all I need now is doubles wins. Kinda sucks that doubles isn't in private match but of well.

So I haven't played Destiny in about a year, maybe longer (since before Taken King came out). I'm thinking about picking up the Destiny Collection since buying the Taken King and Rise of Iron is pretty much the same price as buying them separate. Is the Sparrow and Iron Gallarjorn preorder bonus retailer exclusive to somewhere specific? I was going to just preorder on Amazon, but then I also heard that if you preorder it digitally I'd be able to play the Taken King right away since it's already out?

It seems like I would get the preorder bonus but not the early content, but I just want to clarify before I pull the trigger.

TL;DR: If I preorder the Destiny Collection off of Amazon, they won't give out a download code or something for the already released content (Taken King) and will I get the Gallarhorn and Sparrow preorder bonus?

Iron Banner Titan Mark changes with shader now!
Yep. I prefer to rock Y2 IB gear (including the mark now) with the ascendant plane shader. Looks awesome.

Also worthy of mention - the Queen's Wrath cloak and mark are now affected by shaders as well. They both look great. Those who were disappointed that the Strength of the Pack cloak still isn't affected by shaders should check out the Queen's cloak - Cloak of the Sixth Reign.

Trakan

From a Bungie dev on reddit:

Eyasluna and all other Y2 Crucible legendary weapon drops will still be available once Rise of Iron begins. They will be exclusive to the Classic playlists, and a different set of weapons will become available from the core Crucible playlists.
Happy hunting!

Thank God.

Dynasty8

So I haven't played Destiny in about a year, maybe longer (since before Taken King came out). I'm thinking about picking up the Destiny Collection since buying the Taken King and Rise of Iron is pretty much the same price as buying them separate. Is the Sparrow and Iron Gallarjorn preorder bonus retailer exclusive to somewhere specific? I was going to just preorder on Amazon, but then I also heard that if you preorder it digitally I'd be able to play the Taken King right away since it's already out?

It seems like I would get the preorder bonus but not the early content, but I just want to clarify before I pull the trigger.

TL;DR: If I preorder the Destiny Collection off of Amazon, they won't give out a download code or something for the already released content (Taken King) and will I get the Gallarhorn and Sparrow preorder bonus?

Not sure about Amazon, but getting the game from PSN or XBL will give you all the content to play right now, except Rise of Iron...which will unlock on the 20th. Also gives you the Iron Gallahorn (which will unlock with RoI)

Not sure about Amazon, but getting the game from PSN or XBL will give you all the content to play right now, except Rise of Iron...which will unlock on the 20th. Also gives you the Iron Gallahorn (which will unlock with RoI)

What about that Gallajorn sparrow thing I saw being promoted for preordering it?

JJShadow

Just bought the Hung Jury and wow, it really feels amazing, I know it's going to be one of my favourite weapons

In other order of things, these last weeks I've been trying to get all those weapons that can be only obtained by completing certain quests, such as:

- Black Spindle (got it)
- Touch of Malice (got it)
- Sleeper Stimulant (got it)
- Boolean Gemini
- Exotic Sword
- No Time to Explain

Am I missing any other?

Just bought the Hung Jury and wow, it really feels amazing, I know it's going to be one of my favourite weapons

In other order of things, these last weeks I've been trying to get all those weapons that can be only obtained by completing certain quests, such as:

- Black Spindle (got it)
- Boolean Gemini
- Exotic Sword
- No Time to Explain

Am I missing any other?
Chaperone and gunsmith exotics

ori0n378e

So GAF, I'm going to be working on my sword crucible kills for the next hour. If I feel I'm doing OK, I'll stick with it, if not I may need your help.

I should, at least that's the plan. Trying to set something up tonight too. Again, anyone interested in raiding for moments lets do it. I'm pretty busy with work today so if someone wants to try setting something up lets do it. Got a couple takers already
Just got out of work so looking to schedule a time, let me know when you want to do it.

I also tracked down the discord link for Xbox destiny gaf, quote to reveal:

darthbob

I'm trying to do 3 High Value Target missions on Venus and I simply cannot find any of those patrol mission types.

You can grab all objectives in a zone, abandon them, move to new zone, check, move to new zone, check, etc.

Should work, but will probably take a little while.

shermas

I'm trying to do 3 High Value Target missions on Venus and I simply cannot find any of those patrol mission types.

Back to orbit, then back to Venus.

I usually head left from spawn, check that area, then head into the area where the vex minotaurs spawn. If you get a VIP kill quest near the minotaurs, it's really easy (you just head up the hallway a little bit and kill the VIP).

Good luck... It's just RNG, baby.

You can grab all objectives in a zone, abandon them, move to new zone, check, move to new zone, check, etc.

Should work, but will probably take a little while.

I'll try that out. At the moment I'm just resetting them by going to orbit, but it's taking forever. The Earth and Moon ones were a piece of cake to find.

NeOak

- Black Spindle (got it)
- Boolean Gemini
- Exotic Sword
- No Time to Explain

Am I missing any other?
Sorry, but the current HJ roll is crap compared to the pre-April update.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I already own Destiny, HoW, TDB. If I preorder the digital RoI collection with everything, do I have to uninstall Destiny and redownload everything, or will the game just download what I am missing. I don't want to have to redownload 30 GB if I don't have to.

Kalamari

I already own Destiny, HoW, TDB. If I preorder the digital RoI collection with everything, do I have to uninstall Destiny and redownload everything, or will the game just download what I am missing. I don't want to have to redownload 30 GB if I don't have to.

I don't believe so, the latest patch update included the RoI content, the code you receive when you purchase just unlocks the content for you.

Top Bottom