• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

milkham

I already own Destiny, HoW, TDB. If I preorder the digital RoI collection with everything, do I have to uninstall Destiny and redownload everything, or will the game just download what I am missing. I don't want to have to redownload 30 GB if I don't have to.

if you are going from disc version to digital you will have to reinstall (assuming ps4, not sure how that works on xbox), if not, we all have the same stuff installed and just have access to different parts of it depending on what you own. ROI is already installed if you're up to date.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I don't believe so, the latest patch update included the RoI content, the code you receive when you purchase just unlocks the content for you.

So the 30 GB is with the RoI content?

if you are going from disc version to digital you will have to reinstall (assuming ps4, not sure how that works on xbox), if not, we all have the same stuff installed and just have access to different parts of it depending on what you own. ROI is already installed if you're up to date.

Hmm... If that's the case, I'll just wait until Monday then.

Yeeeeeaaah, I don't think I'm going to get this exotic sword quest done in time. I just can't seem to get a heavy to infuse the sword the last part of the way from 260 to 280 and I don't have the marks to buy a legendary engram.

And even after I upgrade it fully, I'd still have to do all the rare material farming and the crucible usage etc. It's nearly 1am, so I think this moment of triumph won't happen for me. I'm not that fussed though, I only got the game three days ago so its to be expected that I won't manage to do absolutely everything before RoI.

FyreWulff

Yeeeeeaaah, I don't think I'm going to get this exotic sword quest done in time. I just can't seem to get a heavy to infuse the sword the last part of the way from 260 to 280 and I don't have the marks to buy a legendary engram.

Play Court at any tier, it's an engram fest due to all the adds

I should, at least that's the plan. Trying to set something up tonight too. Again, anyone interested in raiding for moments lets do it. I'm pretty busy with work today so if someone wants to try setting something up lets do it. Got a couple takers already
Sure, GT: Akai XIII.

Um 311 though, so normal? I have a totem CP.

anyone else on Xbox looking to raid tonight?

Just spent almost 2 hours in patrol picking up 6 (edit: remaining, I already had 4) soliton fragments for the exotic sword quest... looks like I might be able to do Y2 moments of triumph after all. Gonna head to CoO next and see if i can grab the 1 boss I'm missing for calcified fragments.

milkham

Just spent almost 2 hours in patrol picking up 6 soliton fragments for the exotic sword quest... looks like I might be able to do Y2 moments of triumph after all. Gonna head to CoO next and see if i can grab the 1 boss I'm missing for calcified fragments.

you should concentrate on completing the sword quest, since you have to wait for armsday for part of it and thats tomorrow

Just spent almost 2 hours in patrol picking up 6 soliton fragments for the exotic sword quest... looks like I might be able to do Y2 moments of triumph after all. Gonna head to CoO next and see if i can grab the 1 boss I'm missing for calcified fragments.

you should concentrate on completing the sword quest, since you have to wait for armsday for part of it and thats tomorrow

Yeah Seth, finish the Sword quest first. You got the rest of the week for the others.

Zakalwe

Banned

And even after I upgrade it fully, I'd still have to do all the rare material farming and the crucible usage etc. It's nearly 1am, so I think this moment of triumph won't happen for me. I'm not that fussed though, I only got the game three days ago so its to be expected that I won't manage to do absolutely everything before RoI.

The shaders and emblems don't even look that great, imo. And everyone will get bored of them in a few days.

The shaders and emblems don't even look that great, imo. And everyone will get bored of them in a few days.

Agreed. I got both shaders (cause I do love me some shaders) but wasn't even really interested in getting the last emblem.

The Y1 MoT emblem...i still use that one on my Titan though.

If any XB1 raids are going to happen tonight I wouldn't mind joining, would like to go from the beginning though because I still need the fragment from before the lift.

If any XB1 raids are going to happen tonight I wouldn't mind joining, would like to go from the beginning though because I still need the fragment from before the lift.
Can you post your GT or send me a PM on Xbox (GT is in my profile). Let's try and get this together.

My char is 304 right now, am I right in assuming that's ok for completing NM and CM still (challenge mode can be done through NM right?)

Edit: trying to coordinate using the #lfg channel in discord, looks like we might be able to do 10:30 pm eastern or around that time? Not sure who from the thread can do that time

neoism

What are you talking about?

after the patch im getting ass loads of 37 uncommons like 5-10 every strike?
also the blues used to come out between 288-320 for me.. now there all 255 or less.
i guess its free armor materials but still.

also i have the Deuteranopia option on and the uncommons tile is brown

I have been out of the loop and not following much of gaming and just popped in this thread after months of absence. Had no idea Drizzay passed away. So sad to hear about it, he was such a great guy and member of the community. Absolutely shocked and saddened at the news. RIP friend.

MrDaravon

Shit just got home and was gonna see if anyone was doing Warpriest CM and apparently there's ghosts in Crucible now? I GO TO WORK FOR 5 HOURS AND I MISS EVERYTHING WHY

after the patch im getting ass loads of 37 uncommons like 5-10 every strike?
also the blues used to come out between 288-320 for me.. now there all 255 or less.
i guess its free armor materials but still.

also i have the Deuteranopia option on and the uncommons tile is brown

AH! Brown makes sense now.

My advice is to not even spend a second worrying about the drops, because come Tuesday the light level is making a big jump and everyone will immediately be grabbing uncommon engrams that have a higher light level than any current gear.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
We need two for Normal raid doing all challenges.

We are at warpriest. The only requirement is that you have done the raid at least once.

Psn: thenegativedude

Kalentan

When you play a 3 v 5 in crucible and get more kills than anyone else in the game (still lose) and their score is nearly triple my teammates and I get nothing and they get shit.

Fucking Destiny Multiplayer in a nutshell. So bad. so bad.

If I didn't have to do crucible for a quest for the Year 2 thing, I wouldn't.

void666

Banned
Titan with thermite grenades/armamentarium/max discipline is very strong for CoE.
In the last round i was outperforming my friend (warlock/nothing manacles/scatter grenades).

MrDaravon

Snake I got your invite but can't use a mic right this second and I'd prefer HM honestly anyway, grab some of the folks above me who want in instead :D

Hedgey

Gonna be streaming some crucible for a few hours, anyone wanna join?
I'm grinding out for my last few crucible weapons.
Hedgeyy on PS4

ori0n378e

So, for the crucible quest for Y2 MoT, I'm on part two of "Crucible Combat." After that quest do I get the mountain top quest?

I need that, my exotic sword, waiting for arms day, T2, Court, 2 Knights with Ogre or 1 Knight with Cabal, T2, Court, Ogre with 3 Wizards or 1 Knight, T3, Court, Balwur, T3, Court, Kagoor, Hard mode completion, golgoroth cm, and Oryx cm. I think it's doable... right???

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So, for the crucible quest for Y2 MoT, I'm on part two of "Crucible Combat." After that quest do I get the mountain top quest?

I need that, my exotic sword, waiting for arms day, T2, Court, 2 Knights with Ogre or 1 Knight with Cabal, T2, Court, Ogre with 3 Wizards or 1 Knight, T3, Court, Balwur, T3, Court, Kagoor, Hard mode completion, golgoroth cm, and Oryx cm. I think it's doable... right???

You can finish all of that in a day.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This is Muten running over the other team in rift.

yO3zanK.gif

Clunker

Could someone PM me or secret-post the Discord info? Always looking for some more distractions.

I'm working on my sword quest now; I'm not rushing for Moments but I am bummed I didn't get to the Crucible kills step before Mayhem Clash went away. Now I'm left skulking after fools and trying to bean them over the head with the hilt in Inferno Rumble, which is kind of fun since it turns Destiny into a strange stealth brawler.

Top Bottom