• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

dawgparty

A friend and I just got to level 40 and are planning on binging this weekend. What should we try to do/complete before Rise of Iron?

A friend and I just got to level 40 and are planning on binging this weekend. What should we try to do/complete before Rise of Iron?

Do you want to enjoy the game or prep for RoI?

If enjoying the game then do whatever you fancy, you should be able to get into the heroic strike playlist fairly soon.

If prepping for RoI then I would say store as many materials, and get factions etc edged so that you can upgrade your light level as quickly as possible.

When RoI drops your light level will go up faster, but also you'll need to get it higher to get into "end game" activities i.e. the nightfall and the raid.

If you're close to 300 light then you could try the current raid - to try and get a big dollop of loot before RoI drops

EDIT - this is good advice:-

Once you can earn marks, cap up by doing dailies.

As I mentioned a few pages ago, I'm planning on preordering the Destiny Collection (I stopped playing before Taken King), but I'm kind of unsure about the preorder bonuses. From Destiny's website it seems that preordering the collection would give me the Iron Gallarjorn preorder bonus, but I see nothing about the Gallarjorn Sparrow. Is that only if you preorder Rise of Iron separately and not the Collection or something? Or like, a Gamestop only thing maybe?

Lnkn52

Did Rumble grind last night with Nami. Took us about 4 hours to get 100 wins each. Just need Doubles now.

tumblr_nw0scc06to1tiq1w5o1_500.gif

nOoblet16

Raid HM + all challenge modes at 5:30 CET.
Anyone who wants to do a raid, just play for the sake of it, do challenges or help can join.

I would like one helper because I think we've got two HM newbies right now.

1) nOoblet16
2) Hzoltan69
3) mocolostrocolos
4) Dhruv
5)
6)

Couldn't get antiquated runes to drop doing COO tonight, meanwhile one random playing in the same instance with us got something like 6 in a row to drop. Is there something they were doing to get so many ARs to drop?

What's probably happening is his runes are being charged and then it pops up that he got one. Best way I found to get an antiquated rune is leveling up rep with Eris or the Raid.

How does grinding Rumble work? Just start the game and then one person leave so it counts as a win?

You all are a basket of deplorables. I got my Rumble wins legit ;)

Trakan

The same Bungie dev who confirmed new weapons dropping in Crucible on reddit just confirmed that the Matador is coming back as a postgame drop when RoI hits.

Number45

What is the best way to acquire wormspore? I want to stack up over the next week.
Equip a wormspore ghost and either farm the dreadnaught for nodes or... just do anything on the dreadnaught, you'll get wormspore when you pick up any engrams (obviously set the ghost as necessary depending on which you choose).

Hzoltan69

Raid HM + all challenge modes at 5:30 CST/4:30 BST.
Anyone who wants to do a raid, just play for the sake of it, do challenges or help can join.

I would like one helper because I think we've got two HM newbies right now.

1) nOoblet16
2) Hzoltan69
3) mocolostrocolos
4) Dhruv
5)
6)

What time would you like to start? 4:30 BST is an hour from now. On the other hand, 5:30 CST is 8 hours from now. Even if you meant CET it still doesn't coincide with 4:30 BST. :)
So, when?

Anyone want to farm Grasps some time? This week's modifiers are pretty good for it.

I'll be online for whatever from around 7 BST this evening.

nOoblet16

What time would you like to start? 4:30 BST is an hour from now. On the other hand, 5:30 CST is 8 hours from now. Even if you meant CET it still doesn't coincide with 4:30 BST. :)
So, when?
Sorry I meant CET.

And fuck me...I am confused now. I thought CET was just your usual western Europe time which is one hour ahead of British. Let's just make it 5:30 BST.

Tbh we don't have players...only 4 so far.

eggydoo

I'll join ya, always wanted that gun. PSN: Light_Knight_Sky.

I'll be free at about 2pm EST my time, so we can sync up.

P.S. Cool name bro, totally not similar to mine X'D (I'm teasing)

I had about 6 of them...all became infusion mat besides 1 which sits in my vault

So I'll be on for sure tonight to any Xboxers out there who want to do stuff, hopefully raid and finish off the moments?

I'll be around tonight, definitely interested in finishing a hard mode King's Fall. That's the last Moment I need, but happy to help with other stuff too.

General question for everyone, do I need to complete the entirety of HM KF for the moment or just kill Oryx? I'm getting desperate enough that I would be willing to jump into that last fight and just kill the king for the moment.

Nightz

Jumped back in to the game yesterday. Playing Crucible definitely felt weird after being on Overwatch for the past few months. I'd like to prepare for Rise of Iron and my characters are around the 300-308 range. What's the fastest way to the level cap now? Kinda hard to schedule raids with my schedule...is that still the only way to get the highest level gear?

Zakalwe

Banned
Jumped back in to the game yesterday. Playing Crucible definitely felt weird after being on Overwatch for the past few months. I'd like to prepare for Rise of Iron and my characters are around the 300-308 range. What's the fastest way to the level cap now? Kinda hard to schedule raids with my schedule...is that still the only way to get the highest level gear?

There's no point trying now, as soon as you hit the cap the new content will drop and it will render all the effort you put in worthless (ie: it will likely bring you up to the current cap with little effort).

Blue gear used to be the way to slowly level your light, but currently it only drops around 250, even legendary finds are mostly around 260.

Occasionally an engram will drop to your level or above, and raid gear sits in the 300-320 range for normal mode, but trying to get to levvel cap in 6 days is completely pointless.

Just play what you want to and worry about the light grind again next Tuesday.

soultron

Banned
What's probably happening is his runes are being charged and then it pops up that he got one. Best way I found to get an antiquated rune is leveling up rep with Eris or the Raid.

This is probably exactly what happened, now that you mention it. Thanks for clearing that up! :)

Nightz

There's no point trying now, as soon as you hit the cap the new content will drop and it will render all the effort you put in worthless (ie: it will likely bring you up to the current cap with little effort).

Blue gear used to be the way to slowly level your light, but currently it only drops around 250, even legendary finds are mostly around 260.

Occasionally an engram will drop to your level or above, and raid gear sits in the 300-320 range for normal mode, but trying to get to levvel cap in 6 days is completely pointless.

Just play what you want to and worry about the light grind again next Tuesday.

Yeah, guess I worded that wrong. Wasn't looking to hit cap in 6 days...just wanted to know the fastest way to level up right now. I'll just mess around and hope for good drops.

Top Bottom