• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Could someone PM me or secret-post the Discord info? Always looking for some more distractions.

Nice. Anyone else want to do stuff? I'm at work with sporadic chances to look here so if someone wants to take initiative I won't mind!

If we can't get a raid going CoE for sure. I'm also interested in the discord if anyone has info.

Sign me up for anything, I need to do challenge of elders, KF challenge mode, and KF HM for the moments. Can play tonight , Thursday night, or sometime this weekend.

P.S. Did a discord for Xbox gamers get set up while I've been gone? I saw some chat about it in the Bad to the Xbone clan chat but no good link to signup
AuthenticM said:
Does this community have a server on Discord? Or Gaf in general, maybe?
Did anyone get you guys yet?

Please send me a PM if not and you do want a discord invite.

soultron

Banned
Yeah, guess I worded that wrong. Wasn't looking to hit cap in 6 days...just wanted to know the fastest way to level up right now. I'll just mess around and hope for good drops.

Play your dailies and weekly activities.
Get your story quests out of the way.
Play Crucible.
Play Prison of Elders and Challenge of Elders once you're high level enough.
Level up reputation with factions and such to get reward packages from them.
Don't forget to grab bounties every day and focus your efforts towards activities that line up with the bounties so you're killing two or more birds with one stone. Ex. if you're picking up Crucible bounties, play Crucible.

That's pretty much a focus for anyone wanting to level efficiently right now.

I'd say it's not really worth doing the raids now since you need to be at or above 300 to even do well in them, and they're not going to matter in a few days when ROI comes out.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Yeah, guess I worded that wrong. Wasn't looking to hit cap in 6 days...just wanted to know the fastest way to level up right now. I'll just mess around and hope for good drops.

Just grind heroic strikes and crucible. Use your 3oC and pick up up packages.

MrDaravon

Ugh, want to try to get the Warpriest CM done but I'm stuck waiting on some maintenance people to come by at any time to do some work :/. I grabbed all the Crucible ghosts last night, I don't know if I have it in me to grind out Rumble/Doubles wins though haha. I mean I'd like max Grimoire just for OCD purposes, but I'm still only just barely at about 1k kills with both my Titan and Warlock in PvP so I'm nowhere close on that so don't see the point in grinding out Rumble/Doubles wins just yet.

Also still not getting any Marks regardless of how many Weekly Strikes I complete so that's rad.

ori0n378e

I'll be around tonight, definitely interested in finishing a hard mode King's Fall. That's the last Moment I need, but happy to help with other stuff too.

General question for everyone, do I need to complete the entirety of HM KF for the moment or just kill Oryx? I'm getting desperate enough that I would be willing to jump into that last fight and just kill the king for the moment.
Me too, but I also need Golgoroth and Oryx CM. For one of Eris's quests I need to kill all three. Is anyone interested in normal KF raid with Golgoroth and Oryx challenge modes for tonight. Anytime after 6pm mountain time???

stay gold

The same Bungie dev who confirmed new weapons dropping in Crucible on reddit just confirmed that the Matador is coming back as a postgame drop when RoI hits.

Yissss. The new Dead Orbit shotty looks good but you can't beat the Matador gun model/sights.

Re-posting question for new page:

As I mentioned a few pages ago, I'm planning on preordering the Destiny Collection (I stopped playing before Taken King came out), but I'm kind of unsure about the preorder bonuses. From Destiny's website it seems that preordering the collection would give me the Iron Gallarjorn preorder bonus, but I see nothing about the Gallarjorn Sparrow. Is that only if you preorder Rise of Iron separately and not the Collection or something? Or like, a Gamestop only thing maybe?

Me too, but I also need Golgoroth and Oryx CM. For one of Eris's quests I need to kill all three. Is anyone interested in normal KF raid with Golgoroth and Oryx challenge modes for tonight. Anytime after 6pm mountain time???

I'll be on around that same time. Gt is HippoAvenger, feel free to message/invite/add me!

Re-posting question for new page:

The Sparrow comes with every preorder. Who is your preferred retailer? PSN?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...iron/cid=UP0002-CUSA00219_00-DESTINYRISEIRON1

It’s Back. In Black. Many Guardians will quest for the Gjallarhorn, seeking to wield it against the rising enemy plague. Pre-order Destiny: Rise of Iron and receive a uniquely themed black and silver Iron Gjallarhorn Exotic Rocket Launcher, obtained by completing the related in-game quest.*

Ride in Style. Forged for beauty. Tempered for speed. An iron steed for all your adventures. Pre-order Destiny: Rise of Iron and receive a uniquely themed black and silver Iron Gjallarwing Sparrow.

WizzNARD

I'll be around tonight, definitely interested in finishing a hard mode King's Fall. That's the last Moment I need, but happy to help with other stuff too.

General question for everyone, do I need to complete the entirety of HM KF for the moment or just kill Oryx? I'm getting desperate enough that I would be willing to jump into that last fight and just kill the king for the moment.
I just need Golgoroth and oryx, so HM KF is perfect. Probably will be able to get on around 9 EST if that's cool.

I'll join ya, always wanted that gun. PSN: Light_Knight_Sky.

I'll be free at about 2pm EST my time, so we can sync up.

P.S. Cool name bro, totally not similar to mine X'D (I'm teasing)

Haha yeah, but I was here first! I always do a double-take when I see your name though. :D

This guide should be a good starting point, I don't have celestial nighthawk but I can go nightstalker.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...lar_burn_means_the_omnigul_farm_is_real_this/

nOoblet16

Raid in about 40 mins, got 2 spots.
We'll do all CM and HM.

Anyone wants to do them?

Raid HM + all challenge modes at 5:30 CET.
Anyone who wants to do a raid, just play for the sake of it, do challenges or help can join.

I would like one helper because I think we've got two HM newbies right now.

1) nOoblet16
2) Hzoltan69
3) mocolostrocolos
4) Dhruv
5)
6)

Nicodemic

I'll join ya, always wanted that gun. PSN: Light_Knight_Sky.

I'll be free at about 2pm EST my time, so we can sync up.

P.S. Cool name bro, totally not similar to mine X'D (I'm teasing)

I'd like to join if you guys still need a 3rd? It's been too long Knight! Hope we can get the band back together soon! ;-)

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I need only the Oryx Hard mode kill to finish off the Triumphs. Got the fragment on Normal mode last night. If someone is doing a hard (no challenge mode) raid, please shoot me an invite.

I have learned my lesson to not do challenge mode on hard. If anyone has a checkpoint i will take that as well.

I play on PS4 but was not intending on going digital since it would force me to redownload everything from what I understand? I mean, I don't really have anything against the PSN option but was planning on just getting the physical collection off amazon or something.
Do you already own Destiny and all the current expansions? You won't have to redownload everything if you buy the standalone digital RoI.

The Amazon product page doesn't mention the preorder bonuses. You might need to have a chat with their support to find out. https://amzn.com/B01K63R7HY

Zakalwe

Banned
I play on PS4 but was not intending on going digital since it would force me to redownload everything from what I understand? I mean, I don't really have anything against the PSN option but was planning on just getting the physical collection off amazon or something.

You only download the new content.

Pretty good haul tonight, an exotic engram, finally a 1000 Yard Stare, a couple of PvP weapons I don't really care, but the most important thing is I finally have a ship!

Lee

Like he said, the clearest path to leveling up was engrams. They would always decrypt at or above your current light level (up to certain caps by color). With the update last week, that changed, and they no longer get you there. Based on what everyone is saying, it seems almost impossible to go from 250 or so up to the 290-300 you should be at for the raid.

Just finishing all the story missions through the end of TTK and the Malok stuff should get you to 250. The next jump to being able to raid is the problem.

MrDaravon

Oh my Goooooood I fucking hate that they added modifiers to the Weekly Strike playlist. Almost every single time I've gone in that playlist this reset it has been the fucking Shield Brothers strike which is a nightmare with Solar Burn on, and I keep getting matched with garbage players who quit out and/or fail repeatedly and the game never puts anyone else in. I just had to quit out of that particular strike at the bosses for probably the 4th or 5th already in two goddamn days because we get to the boss, everyone else gets fucked over and over and we wipe and then everyone quits and no one else ever joins. This is incredibly frustrating, and I'm not even getting Marks for this but I'm trying to get my 10 Strikes done on my Hunter for the faction item quest, and I'm literally at ONE strike completion with her because this strike keeps coming up over and over.

Edit: Oh my god it finally put me with two other competent players in a different strike thank you Jesus.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I have everything except The Taken King, which is why it seemed like it made sense to get the Collection

Actually, I'm in the exact same boat as you (only have D/HoW/TDB), as GS flyers only mention the Gjallarhorn. Pretty sure we get both, though.

Just a quick question: Any chance you want to run both raids (VoG/CE) this weekend? or maybe just group up for some story missions through HoW/TDB? I have beaten VoG but have yet to run CE. I'm level 34, btw.

Seriously? I asked this same question earlier and got two different answers. If this is the case, I'll go digital.

Actually, I'm in the exact same boat as you (only have D/HoW/TDB), as GS flyers only mention the Gjallarhorn. Pretty sure we get both, though.

Just a quick question: Any chance you want to run both raids (VoG/CE) this weekend? or maybe just group up for some story missions through HoW/TDB? I have beaten VoG but have yet to run CE. I'm level 34, btw.

I'm more interested in doing The Taken King stuff since I've already run VoG and CE to death, but I honestly don't think I will have much time before the game launches Tuesday anyway. If I do end up going digital and getting TTK early and have free time though I'd be totally down to run through TTK content, though!

Seriously? I asked this same question earlier and got two different answers. If this is the case, I'll go digital.

Yeah I think the reason I was asking about this was I saw you ask this earlier and noticed someone saying if you didn't own the digital version of Destiny, that the upgrade would force you to redownload everything (I own the physical collector's edition of the base game).

milkham

I switched from disc to digital a few weeks back. If you're using a disc right now that install will continue to ask for a disc even if you have the rights to the digital version. I had to download the full game again.

SpecX

I need only the Oryx Hard mode kill to finish off the Triumphs. Got the fragment on Normal mode last night. If someone is doing a hard (no challenge mode) raid, please shoot me an invite.

I have learned my lesson to not do challenge mode on hard. If anyone has a checkpoint i will take that as well.

If you get a group together tonight, I can help out again. Want to clear Oryx on my Hunter as well and don't need the CM kill.

No he'll have to reinstall everything, on PS4 disc install data and digital install data are two different things even for the same game. On Xbox One they are interchangeable.

Given that some Exotics in Rise of Iron are getting two alternate visual designs, does it stand to reason that the "Iron Gjallarhorn" is one of those two looks for the Year 3 Gjallarhorn?

I'd like for that to be the case, still like the design from Year 1. >_>

No he'll have to reinstall everything, on PS4 disc install data and digital install data are two different things even for the same game. On Xbox One they are interchangeable.

Yep. Interesting thing that I noticed was that when I reinstalled Destiny with all the expansions and patches via the digital purchase, it was all handled in that one install. I guess I was so used to having to download and install stuff within the game on the disc version, didn't fathom that the download would work differently.

I did the Challenge of Elders yesterday and it was pretty insane. I was running my Warlock with Energy Drain + Nothing Manacles. We had a Sunsinger in the group who constantly had his super up. It was raining purple and gold. At some point, the third guy in the group just stopped shooting.

Dayamn, would be cool to see that. Or heck, work on that. I didn't know until yesterday that I didn't have Year 2 Sunbreakers for my Warlock, bought em from the kiosk finally. Maybe I'll do Challenge of the Elders. Got some Grimoire cards to get from the Reef still...

I did the Challenge of Elders yesterday and it was pretty insane. I was running my Warlock with Energy Drain + Nothing Manacles. We had a Sunsinger in the group who constantly had his super up. It was raining purple and gold. At some point, the third guy in the group just stopped shooting.

LTWood12

Given that some Exotics in Rise of Iron are getting two alternate visual designs, does it stand to reason that the "Iron Gjallarhorn" is one of those two looks for the Year 3 Gjallarhorn?

I'm not sure, but if you inspect your year one gjallarhorn in game now, it already looks a bit different.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I'm more interested in doing The Taken King stuff

Yeah I think the reason I was asking about this was I saw you ask this earlier and noticed someone saying if you didn't own the digital version of Destiny, that the upgrade would force you to redownload everything (I own the physical collector's edition of the base game).

No worries. If I grab the digital edition, I'll let you know. Though I kinda want to finish the earlier expansions before I move on. Everyone here will be done with RoI before I finish TTK stuff. :-(

So what you are saying is if you are already physical stay that way for RoI?

Hzoltan69

I think they said it will be a completely separate weapon - if you do the quest for it you will get the iron and the normal Gjallarhorn.

raindoc

The Iron Horn is the Preorder-Bonus-Version, there's another Skin everyone (else?) can get for completing the Horn's quest line - if that answers your question.

I think they said it will be a completely separate weapon - if you do the quest for it you will get the iron and the normal Gjallarhorn.

I would guess the Iron Gjallarhorn was originally just going to be an ornament and they later decided to separate it and make it a preorder bonus.

I'm buying the Cocytus roll today. Been sitting on it for too long.

Torch / Life Support / Ext Mag / Zen Moment. Pretty good pvp roll. Could use more stability but it'll do.

So to be clear, if I go the digital route, in order for me to not need the disc I'd have to uninstall the base game and re-download everything, or else I'd have to have the original disc in the drive if I only downloaded the new content?

Obviously all my shit would still be there since it's all saved on the server just by me logging into my PSN, though.

Raid HM + all challenge modes at 5:30 CET.
Anyone who wants to do a raid, just play for the sake of it, do challenges or help can join.

I would like one helper because I think we've got two HM newbies right now.

1) nOoblet16
2) Hzoltan69
3) mocolostrocolos
4) Dhruv
5)
6)

Just need two more for a quick* HM oryx
Pls. I need drops :-(

Top Bottom