• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Kalamari

Getting teabagged by the one guy redbarring in Rumble who is also conveniently invincible and way ahead of everyone else serves as my daily reminder of how shitty the PvP is in this game. It's amazing how bad the netcode is and how easily it's abusable. Destiny 2 pls

Report that dirtbag, he'll get what he deserves.

JJShadow

Could anyone give me a hand with the final strike to get the exotic sword? Have to kill Adleg and then Alak'hul in 30 seconds, not a good idea for random matchmaking definitely

123rl

That trailer is pure hype!

Anyone know when the Raid hits? Is it unlocked immediately or will there be a small wait, like last year? I'm down for day one raiding - Xbox One on GMT

MrDaravon

Report that dirtbag, he'll get what he deserves.

Not even worth my time for the frequency with which this happens. When I was doing my all day crucible grinding last week in Mayhem Clash every 3-4 games there would be redbar invincible people. At a point it's difficult to blame people for clearing gaming the system to win when the system is garbage (see people cheating in ToO etc). Like yes they're dirtbags, but we're starting year 3 of this with Bungie not doing anything about it, so it's hard to take the PvP in this game at all seriously. This is the first FPS I've played ever where I don't give a shit about my K/D or doing well since what's the point really. Which is a shame, if they got the netcode shit straightened out and were willing to balance PvE and PvP separately I wouldn't play any other competitive shooters, but here we are.

On a hilarious side note I think every single person in this Inferno Rumble match is using the Trespasser, including me.

Kalamari

Not even worth my time for the frequency with which this happens. When I was doing my all day crucible grinding last week in Mayhem Clash every 3-4 games there would be redbar invincible people. At a point it's difficult to blame people for clearing gaming the system to win when the system is garbage (see people cheating in ToO etc). Like yes they're dirtbags, but we're starting year 3 of this with Bungie not doing anything about it, so it's hard to take the PvP in this game at all seriously. This is the first FPS I've played ever where I don't give a shit about my K/D or doing well since what's the point really. Which is a shame, if they got the netcode shit straightened out and were willing to balance PvE and PvP separately I wouldn't play any other competitive shooters, but here we are.

On a hilarious side note I think every single person in this Inferno Rumble match is using the Trespasser, including me.

If it's not worth your time, then don't play. Bungie will get the message when nobody plays their game because of all its faults.

MrDaravon

If it's not worth your time, then don't play. Bungie will get the message when nobody plays their game because of all its faults.

Yeah, outside of daily/weekly PvP or quests I don't honestly. Like doing the daily/weekly stuff for Marks is annoying but not a big deal since it's not much of a time commitment, but some of the PvP quest stuff is incredibly frustrating for a lot of people (I still honestly can't believe they never adjusted the Chaperone quest). It's half me being frustrated because the PvP in this game could be amazing if they got their shit together, and half me being amazed that it's still fucking broken in so many ways 2 years in.

Honestly Mayhem Clash is maybe the one PvP thing I enjoy in this game because it's so fast-paced while fully embracing how unbalanced and ridiculous the game is in PvP at the moment. While I was annoyed at how long it took to grind out the subclass quests in that along with the Sunslinger multikills other than that I mostly enjoyed it.

On a different note, is there official acknowledgement of the issues with people not getting Marks for weekly activities at the moment? I need those Marks for RoI!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

I knew PvP was broken the day i went up against people using Hawkmoons in year 1. Any game that puts the best guns behind RNG doesnt care about balance. this year i spent months getting destroyed by universal remote wielding assholes and soon after i finally bought it from xur they nerfed it. I wanted to be the asshole running around with universal remote.

they need to do something very simple. keep pvp and pve separate. make all guns available in PVP. Give it a CoD like leveling up system complete with prestige modes and all that. its infuriating getting two shotted by Eyaslunas because someone got a godly roll. So make all perks available for people to choose from. this way when it comes to OP perks they can easily look at the stats and nerf any perks that are being used by everyone.

black ops 3 had their version of supers but oddly enough it was very balanced. mostly because using supers didnt grant you shields or perks that regenerated your health. most required you to aim. their fist of havoc wasnt OP because you could see the asshole coming and easily kill him. in destiny, you can see him coming, he will take massive amounts of damage and then gain a shield mid super. Broken.

JJShadow

I can help you, what's your PSN?

EDIT: Looked at your profile, joining up.

Thank you again for the run! Finally got the solar sword after so many days of farming :)

Longshot, but I have exactly two hours free; anyone have a spot to run either Nightfall (my Hunter is 320ish but my Titan/Warlock are 310ish so I might need a bit of a carry if we're doing all 3), 42 CoE's (my Titan and Warlock need to do it for the first time for quest purposes) or a Warpriest CM?

If not are there going to be any Warpriest CM groups later tonight, after say 10pm EST? I remember the Warpriest encounter but haven't done it on Hard or since November so I might need a quick refresher but I should be okay, everyone says this is the easiest of the 3? Last thing I need for my Triumphs. At some point I still need to get both Raid shaders but I don't know that I feel like doing all of KF's on multiple characters this week, that ship has probably passed for now but whatever.

I'm searching for two people with whom to do the Daily, three Weeklies, and one or more Prison of Elder runs.

I can join to do anything (besides Warpriest CM) so throw me an invite > JJShadow77

Trakan

Found a vid that shows the contents of the new radiant treasures.

Looks like it's exotic ornaments, ornaments for the Iron Lord armor, the finger wag emote, and rep boosters.

KFoxSPO.png

Do you already own Destiny and all the current expansions? You won't have to redownload everything if you buy the standalone digital RoI.

The Amazon product page doesn't mention the preorder bonuses. You might need to have a chat with their support to find out. https://amzn.com/B01K63R7HY

You only download the new content.

Actually on PS4 you need to delete your data and redownload all of it to go from disc to digital. I just did it the other day. You have to delete your game data first (which is everything) and then redownload it all. This is for PS4. I'm not sure about Xbox and how that works.

Actually on PS4 you need to delete your data and redownload all of it to go from disc to digital. I just did it the other day. You have to delete your game data first (which is everything) and then redownload it all. This is for PS4. I'm not sure about Xbox and how that works.

That's if your going vanilla disc to digital. All expansions are digital only already.

I think..

I'd like to organize an Xbox group to blind raid when it opens - September 23rd @ 10am PT / 1pm ET

Here's a super fancy image to catch everyone's attention:

MOFymKo.jpg

Probably too early to start a signup list, but it's coming!

So I am only 305 after not playing the game for a while. I want to complete all three KF HM and the prison of elders scorecard. Which should I do first? As in which one is easier to do at lower light level? Should I run some CoO first?

So I am only 305 after not playing the game for a while. I want to complete all three KF HM and the prison of elders scorecard. Which should I do first? As in which one is easier to do at lower light level? Should I run some CoO first?

You definitely want to increase your LL first. 305 struggles hard in HM KF.

SpecX

Might find POE to be easier. Also, if you never ran KF or need to brush up on it, I would run it on normal and do the CM. For some reason when we did it last night, 335 gear was dropping on WP and Oryx for completing CM. This should give you a nice boost to better survive HM.

That's if your going vanilla disc to digital. All expansions are digital only already.

I think..
That's possible since you're right that all expansions are digital, but when I did it, it just showed Destiny as one complete item. As in the disc version plus all the expansions were all one item to delete. So I had to delete that and then redownload the whole thing. It's possible I'm an idiot and missed something which would have enabled me to delete the vanilla disc content only and leave all expansions in place, but I didn't see a way to do that (not that I looked hard).

Might find POE to be easier. Also, if you never ran KF or need to brush up on it, I would run it on normal and do the CM. For some reason when we did it last night, 335 gear was dropping on WP and Oryx for completing CM. This should give you a nice boost to better survive HM.

Ok, I ran it several times on normal before stopping, but only twice on hard (never actually killing Oryx) so that seems like a good idea. Will help refresh me. I am starting to think my Y2 MoT is pointless as I will likely never complete the Shaxx quest line by reset. I am garbage at crucible.

Man, I forgot how abruptly I dropped this game.

Beat Oryx a few times on normal difficulty, then something sucked away my attention. I never even bothered to finish the post-raid quest line, and am still in the middle of the Raid Exotic quest line.... which is kind of bummer, since as a Scout Rifle guy, I was pining for a Raid Scout exotic through the first 3 expansions, lol.

Aw well, I'll get around to them eventually.

All I'm set on now is that swank Iron Lords armor. Finally armor that looks as cool as those original concept art pieces all those years ago.

I'm going to assume they are using a different voice actor than the one they used when Salad just stood around.

Sad day. I liked Saladins voice. The new one doesn't fit him at all. It sounds like Master Chief with more grate to it

Maybe it's Saladin before puberty

Saladin was master chief before he became a guardian makes sense

Which is unfortunate I liked his original VA.

Yeah. It was good. It was no Shaxx, but it sure as heck isn't Grated Master Cheese.

Top Bottom