• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

So... Thanks to the new Ui I have just deleted the Destiny Application.

45GB to download.

Yay!!!

Thank god for rest mode and the fact tham I'm going to bed right now.

Arrrammis

Sword definitely, especially the Void sword on a Titan master race.

tumblr_noa00amyD31u5gaxgo1_500.gif

Zocano

Would anyone like to do a run or two or three of CoE? I wanna try and get the Y2 exotics from there if possible.

Also would people like to get a full KF HM (with challenges) run together?

kidko

Maint tomorrow. Maybe they're adding some fun public stuff??

SCHEDULED DESTINY MAINTENANCE FOR 09/15/2016

There is scheduled maintenance for Destiny on Thursday 9/15/2016 that will include an extended downtime:

Starting at 7:30 AM Pacific (2:30 PM UTC), players will not be able to log into Destiny in preparation for maintenance.
At 8:00 AM Pacific (3:00 PM UTC), players will be removed from activities as Destiny servers will be taken offline for maintenance.
Maintenance is expected to conclude by 9:30 AM Pacific (4:30 PM UTC).

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/13125

Shito

I only learnt the news about Drizzay this morning, and this uneasy feeling of sadness stayed with me all day long. I was hesitant about writing something down about it, but here we go...
I didn't play with him as much as most of you guys did, but I certainly was there to read and talk with him on the OTs when I was very active with the game.
There's probably no need to reiterate all the kind and well-spirited words that were written about him: I've spent my day reading nearly all of them, agreeing with everything said about one of the nicest guys I've ever met on the Internet.
I still can't fathom the fact that he won't be present anymore with us. I will certainly think about him when discovering and enjoying RoI.
I suppose this is my late goodbye to him.
Rest in peace, Drizzay, knowing you will be missed and not forgotten. Your legacy will live on with every DGAF sherpa...

For the Year 2 Moments, is a full clear of Hard Mode King's Fall required or just a kill of Hard Oryx?

You also need all 50 fragments and I think 5 of them come only from challenge modes or something? Not really sure, I quit way back as well and am not bothering with Y2 moments, just way too much left to do in 5 days.

One gripe still with the game, leveling and hitting 40 is easy but there is a giant gulf at "ok... I'm at light 280 / 290 / 300 / etc... now what". It really is so, so, so dumb they didn't turn on matchmaking for old raids and under 320 raiding.

Vashetti

Banned
Originally my bf was really into this game and I'd only tried it a few times and kinda enjoyed it.

Bought a Taken King code for £12 on eBay the other day randomly and I'm really enjoying the game. Rocking a 27 Titan at the moment. :)

Kalamari

"A new enemy has infected the Vex, journey into the depths of the Vault of Glass to fight new Vex enemies that are not recycled. Seriously, we added minor changes to them so that they look nothing like the old Vex, we promise!"

While I was collecting all of the new ghosts, I thought it would be cool to take photos of most of the skyboxes, then put them into a gif slideshow. Enjoy!

P93DFpwhNZ51C.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Weather was finally "not a storm" again so I biked to work today. On the way home depending on the timing and cloud cover sometimes, like today, I can catch the sunset on to my left on the way home. Today I also had a Pikachu scampering alongside me for the first time, and now I get to log on and head into space to shoot off the squishy parts of aliens with you fine people.

If you have your health, if your basic needs are met, if you know where you're sleeping tonight and you can count on sleeping there again tomorrow, then everything else is colored bubbles. Bad days are days and you can't take any days for granted. Life is fucking great. Enjoy it.

Starting a Nightfall on PS4, no mic but the Fireteam is public, feel free to join on Hawkian.

void666

Banned
Watch Bungie bring back the old raids and call that "new content".

That's a bad thing now?
They won't be droping a new TTK every 3 months. Specially with their main guys busy with destiny 2.
I'm totally fine with recycled content. A siva infected vault of glass would be great.

Clunker

I finally sat down to bang out the 25 crucible kills for the sword quest, and I think I've discovered a new best PvP mode: inferno rumble, only sword hilts, grenades and supers. I honestly scored my first Rumble win ever just running sword hilt on inferno rumble, cackling the whole way. It turns Destiny into a janky-in-a-fun-way stealth-action brawler.

Top Bottom