• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Ghazi

There isn't much new OG Destiny content in that video, but I couldn't agree more with what Shiek said about Destiny carving out its place as a genre unto itself. After only two years, the game has cemented itself as one of the best experiences this generation.

There really aren't any games like Destiny, Division tried and failed pretty hard.

Lnkn52

There isn't much new OG Destiny content in that video, but I couldn't agree more with what Shiek said about Destiny carving out its place as a genre unto itself. After only two years, the game has cemented itself as one of the best experiences this generation.

Absolutely, nothing comes close.

NeOak

I'd like to organize an Xbox group to blind raid when it opens - September 23rd @ 10am PT / 1pm ET

Here's a super fancy image to catch everyone's attention:

http://i.imgur.com/MOFymKo.jpg[img]

Probably too early to start a signup list, but it's coming![/QUOTE]

Dat MSPaint skills.

JJShadow

Just ran a couple of strikes with AuthenticCM and the heroic strikes are still bugged this week, no marks after completing them

This shot got me hype.

6fFa0Zt.png
Jesus Christ...this is BEAUTIFUL

Haven't even watched it yet and this just hyped me.

Matticers

I did three heroic strikes last week and didn't get any legendary marks. Tried one today and didn't get any. So I'm kind of confused. I'm probably doing something wrong and just haven't realized it but yeah. Just curious if it's some weird issue right now that others are dealing with or what.

I did three heroic strikes last week and didn't get any legendary marks. Tried one today and didn't get any. So I'm kind of confused. I'm probably doing something wrong and just haven't realized it but yeah. Just curious if it's some weird issue right now that others are dealing with or what.

It's broken I think since the patch. I was able to get Legendary Marks for 1 strike this week but I still have 2 remaining and it won't give me more no matter how many strikes I run.

SpecX

SIVA mixed with VOG tech has the ability to ret-con the old raids in a very in-canon way.

Give us a time paradox around February where SIVA infected the timeline and wr must go back and battle in the old Raid to restore the Federation, er, Old Russia!

Interesting. Would love to see something like this play out and more and more interested in Siva as the release gets closer. How does Siva compare to Rasputin and what purpose did it serve in the golden age.

Have they said if the artifacts count as the one exotic for your armor slot? Or could I equip that plus an exotic armor?

Edit: I don't think I know what I'm talking about. Nevermind I'll have to read some more about it.

Same. In fact, I wish it were like WoW where you can go back and solo most of the old raids.

As it is now, you still take virtually the same amounts of damage from the baddies.

Agreed. And if they aint bringing the weapons up, whats the point? I'd rather have a handful of different raids.

As it is now, you still take virtually the same amounts of damage from the baddies.

I like that, though. The obstacles preventing soloing anything in the raids is mechanics demanding multiple people and not DPS (mostly).

Definitely interested in blind raiding on the 23, but may be doing it with my clan. Depends how many are working or not.

Arrrammis

Hey Gaf, is anyone interested in running challenge mode Kf this weekend? One of my friends (who isn't on Gaf) wants to run it for his MoT, but doesn't really have a team and I can't get on this weekend very much. His PSN is Hero_Shima10 , He's generally pretty chill. Thanks!

xCobalt

Hey guys, I haven't played since before the April update. Is there anything I should do before the new DLC hits aside from any sort of completionist tasks. Something to help gear up maybe? I'm at 299 light level.

Slightly off topic but anyone else LOVE the 4.0 update on Ps4? The in game guide imo is a game changer and makes the OS officially better then xbox ones to me. It's just so much smoother and snappy. Sony really did an awesome job.

Kalamari

Slightly off topic but anyone else LOVE the 4.0 update on Ps4? The in game guide imo is a game changer and makes the OS officially better then xbox ones to me. It's just so much smoother and snappy. Sony really did an awesome job.

I haven't had a chance to play with it much yet, but I have heard there are quite a few very useful features, such as toggling button mapping on/off.

Arrrammis

I haven't had a chance to play with it much yet, but I have heard there are quite a few very useful features, such as toggling button mapping on/off.

There are more customization options definitely, but the one you mentioned (custom button mapping) was already in the previous version. But, like all things, it was buried beneath a mountain of menus.

kidko

I thought it was pretty rad that when looking under the Destiny icon, before even booting into the game, I could see my friends list playing different crucible playlists and activities along with a join button next to each one.

I haven't tried toggling button mapping yet into the quick guide but I assume it can be done since you can customize it anyway you like. I was a HUGE fan of xbox 360 guide and this feels just like it in terms of speed and functionality. Imo xb1 current interface even after all the updates is not as refined as Sony's current OS.

zoodoo

If I understanding correctly with Rise of the Iron coming out, some stuff from previous years will be unobtainable??
Like calcified fragments? Touch of Malice?
Am I right?

If i am right that sucks big time

ryseing

Hey guys, I haven't played since before the April update. Is there anything I should do before the new DLC hits aside from any sort of completionist tasks. Something to help gear up maybe? I'm at 299 light level.

Similar question. Just jumped back in and I'm at ~290 depending on gear. I would at least like to get Challenge of Elders done but I need 320, so I'm assuming I'm going to have to raid?

If I understanding correctly with Rise of the Iron coming out, some stuff from previous years will be unobtainable??
Am I right?

What? Are you sure you are not confused by the people racing to get these things done by the 20th in order to get shaders, emblems and a the right to purchase a t-shirt?

Arrrammis

Am I right?

AFAIK you will still be able to obtain all of that stuff (just like you can go back and run VoG for the Mythoclast). There are some things that will probably be unobtainable after RoI, like the past iron banner gear/emblems, Trials gear/emblems, and of course the year 2 Triumphs stuff. It happened in year 1 (year 1 had different Iron Banner, Trials, and Triumphs rewards that have not appeared in year 2), so it shouldn't be a surprise if it happens again for that specific stuff. But as far as the quest stuff, like the Touch of Malice, I think you'll still be able to get those without any more issues than before.

zoodoo

What? Are you sure you are not confused by the people racing to get these things done by the 20th in order to get shaders, emblems and a the right to purchase a t-shirt?

I am even more confused???

What will the Rise of Iron update means for the current game? Will anything be removed or become unobtainable?

I'd like to organize an Xbox group to blind raid when it opens - September 23rd @ 10am PT / 1pm ET

Here's a super fancy image to catch everyone's attention:

MOFymKo.jpg

Probably too early to start a signup list, but it's coming!

Fingers crossed I will be high enough to do this on release day (330 at present)

10am is about 5-6pm UK I think so should be home by then.

SpecX

Am I right?

I don't think fragments or weapons are going away. Trials gear is no longer obtainable from Y2 and people are racing to complete Triumphs for Y2 before that expires.

Top Bottom