• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

GGs GAF

that sweaty thorn though
walshy.png

deafmedal

My clan disappeared too. I thought they just didn't like me anymore.
Pfft. Couldn't get the tag to pop back up no matter how many times I tried logging in and out. Bungiedotnet said I was in the clan but Destiny said I wasn't 0_o Changed to a different clan and then back and it popped up!
So friends, I am in the market for a clan. I had a small clan (4ish people) of whom only me and sometimes one friend are still playing, and with the new clan stuff it would be great to get into a Gaf clan. I recall a few from a long time ago, but which ones are still active?

P.S. unrelated question, is there a way to change my Gaf name? It would be really handy to have it match my PSN.
You could join us (anyone can!), Protato Bros, a segment of Dgaf B-teamers once referred to as the short bus of Dgaf... but the leader/true founder of the clan won't even join :mad:
Too busy selling propane and propane accessories to Dgaf Elites I guess ;)

Triz

Dumb Question: Should I hold on to the 200 Legendary marks I have for after the expansion comes. Or will this currency be worthless at that time?

Dunlop

Just pre-ordered ROI and did not get the dynamic theme. I looked under themes and notifications.

I wanted to surprise my son for the next time he turns on the PS4 (I told him I was not getting the expansion lol)

Is there any trick I need to do? When I look at the game in the store I have the 5day countown

deafmedal

Dumb Question: Should I hold on to the 200 Legendary marks I have for after the expansion comes. Or will this currency be worthless at that time?

Hold, or spend some if you are going to earn more between now and then. We assume that new vendor stuffs will still use 'em for purchasing new stuffs. Some of us are hoarding purps to deconstruct for moar LMs after we spend the 200 we have... Of course, if there is a weapon you'd like for PvP, buy now, may never get the chance again.

I'll try.

The game has a story that you see by progressing through the story missions, pretty standard. you select each mission from the map.

There are weekly activities for pvp and pve content.
The Daily this is a random story mission with a reward of 15 legendary marks
The vanguard strike playlist, these are 3 man missions that are more difficult than the story missions and have rewards based on the playlist you choose and your vanguard streak ( how many strikes you've done consecutively) You get a bonus of 30 legendary marks (in game currency you use to buy guns and armor and other stuff) per week and one legendary engram per character (legendary engrams decrypt into random weapons and armor)
The Weekly Nightfall This is a random strike with additional modifiers like grenades recharge faster etc that has higher level rewards than the strike playlists
The Raid There are currently three raids but only one that is relevant for highest level gear. Your progress is saved and you have a week to get through it for each character. The Raid gives you access to the highest level loot.
The Challenge of Elders this is a 3 player mode that is sort of like a score attack mode? each week there is a score bonus active say for grenade kills or super kills stuff like that. Potential rewards here are also highest level.

PVP has a Daily game mode, you get marks for completion each day and a Weekly game mode that persists the entire week. If you complete a long PvP questline you get access to special PvP bounties that will get you rewards equivalent to the weekly Nightfall rewards.
Usually, every weekend starting on Friday there is a game mode active called Trials of Osirus this is a 3v3 elimination playlist and winning 9 matches gets you highest level rewards.
Additionally every month or so there is a PvP event called The Iron Banner. This is a 6v6 mode that can also earn you the highest level loot.

Once you finish the story mode your progression will generally be doing nightfalls and PvP to increase your level to meet the requirements for the Raid.

Thanks so much for this! Exactly what I wanted to find out!

See my post above. Bungiedotnet shows you in the clan, but it's weird, i seed with my own eyes you had the tag yesterday. Me thinks since they tooled around with it there will be niggles for a while yet.

Yeah, it's glitchy af. And what's the deal with ColonelOTato not even joining? Hype deflating.

chur

Just pre-ordered ROI and did not get the dynamic theme. I looked under themes and notifications.

I wanted to surprise my son for the next time he turns on the PS4 (I told him I was not getting the expansion lol)

Is there any trick I need to do? When I look at the game in the store I have the 5day countown
Try to search for the theme in the store.

Dunlop

Try to search for the theme in the store.

Just did, I get a "download error". I downloaded some other PS+ games just to make sure it is not universal and it just seems to be the theme
weird

google, some people having the same error with BF1 pre-order theme

http://community.us.playstation.com...ttlefield-1-Theme-Download-Error/m-p/45948759

and Last Guardian

http://community.us.playstation.com...-theme-quot-Download-Error-quot/td-p/45954806

going to assume it is on Sony's end

I got a check point at the oryx daughters, fresh run on normal. I kinda don't not know what to do, looking for assistance. Looking for 4.
Xbox One
Got: b0yinacoma

Willing to do hard mode if you all want to carry my ass

phen0m24

Pfft. Couldn't get the tag to pop back up no matter how many times I tried logging in and out. Bungiedotnet said I was in the clan but Destiny said I wasn't 0_o Changed to a different clan and then back and it popped up!

You could join us (anyone can!), Protato Bros, a segment of Dgaf B-teamers once referred to as the short bus of Dgaf... but the leader/true founder of the clan won't even join :mad:
Too busy selling propane and propane accessories to Dgaf Elites I guess ;)

Yeah, it's glitchy af. And what's the deal with ColonelOTato not even joining? Hype deflating.

Hey hey I will I haven't really played much though. Been busy at work and then I watch Josh play.

Kalamari

What's better on a SUROS PDX-45, Headseeker or Zen Moment?

Zen moment, headseeker doesn't do enough bonus damage to be meaningful by itself, and I think zen moment enables you to stay on target better for consecutive shots.

Did I miss the train? Looks like I am slummin' it in rumble.

I'll try.

The game has a story that you see by progressing through the story missions, pretty standard. you select each mission from the map.

There are weekly activities for pvp and pve content.
The Daily this is a random story mission with a reward of 15 legendary marks
The vanguard strike playlist, these are 3 man missions that are more difficult than the story missions and have rewards based on the playlist you choose and your vanguard streak ( how many strikes you've done consecutively) You get a bonus of 30 legendary marks (in game currency you use to buy guns and armor and other stuff) per week and one legendary engram per character (legendary engrams decrypt into random weapons and armor)
The Weekly Nightfall This is a random strike with additional modifiers like grenades recharge faster etc that has higher level rewards than the strike playlists
The Raid There are currently three raids but only one that is relevant for highest level gear. Your progress is saved and you have a week to get through it for each character. The Raid gives you access to the highest level loot.
The Challenge of Elders this is a 3 player mode that is sort of like a score attack mode? each week there is a score bonus active say for grenade kills or super kills stuff like that. Potential rewards here are also highest level.

PVP has a Daily game mode, you get marks for completion each day and a Weekly game mode that persists the entire week. If you complete a long PvP questline you get access to special PvP bounties that will get you rewards equivalent to the weekly Nightfall rewards.
Usually, every weekend starting on Friday there is a game mode active called Trials of Osirus this is a 3v3 elimination playlist and winning 9 matches gets you highest level rewards.
Additionally every month or so there is a PvP event called The Iron Banner. This is a 6v6 mode that can also earn you the highest level loot.

Once you finish the story mode your progression will generally be doing nightfalls and PvP to increase your level to meet the requirements for the Raid.

This is a really great breakdown of Destiny's gameplay loop.
Destinygaf is the friendliest, most welcoming gaming community out there.
Love all you guys

Mindlog

:eyes:
Thanks for the Nightfall earlier LTWood.
First Nightfall in a while and I got a No Land Beyond!

Trying to get hyped. Trying.

Kalamari

What's better on a SUROS PDX-45, Headseeker or Zen Moment?

I just realized that you were looking at the gunsmith rolls, I wouldn't wast your package on those PDX rolls, man. Reinforced barrel on a PDX is garbage, wait for something with perfect balance or counterbalance because that sideways recoil can be tough to deal with.

Wait for Perfect Balance, Counterbalance, Rifled Barrel, or Perfect Balance, Hidden Hand, Rifled Barrel.

NastyBook

That moment when you ask yourself "Why in the WORLD did you not have your 100+ Discipline Warlock Artifact LOCKED?"

Gonna be sick...

Can I still get the moments of triumph even though I'm missing many calcified fragments?

I'm worried about the court and raid challenge mode ones especially.

Would anyone be willing to help me complete the challenge mode raid?

Top Bottom