• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

So what's the ideal loudout for a modern-day Atheon fight?

I assume it's something like any primary, void shotgun/FR and sleeper simulant?

Or should I got the Black Spindle route?

Deku Tree

VoC, random sniper, and sleeper stimulant.

Oracle disruptor perk is still GOAT.
Can also use atheons epilogue.

Yeah that filled up super quick.

Maybe we can set up a helper raid to take him through normal tonight? Do you know if he'd be available.

If you only have one new player in tow KF is actually pretty darn quick.

He normally is available after 5:30PM Est everyday. Though I won't be able to hop on until 8pm tonight because of work. If there are friendly GAF members that could help him I would appreciate it. I feel bad for him since we been trying to schedule a raid for months now, he is actually my Refer-A-Friend and we became good PSN buddies

who cares? we'll all be playing for months anyway and even if you decrepit now it won't get you to max lvl-it'll give you a 3-4 day head start in PvE (lol)

people be crazy

I have 3 Toons I want Raid ready for 9/23 and Trials ready for 9/30. I want all my PvE/PvP loadouts locked and loaded. Personally, that's why I have so many saved up.

Have to stay safe out there.

Atheon? Scout/void sidearm/sleeper, though tonight I may run Epilogue/Sniper/Sleeper since I've never used any of my VoG weapons.
Epilogue and VoC are both sooo amazing.

Anyway I'm leaving town tonight but if you and Banana are around on Sunday or Monday night I could use some help!

soultron

Banned
Reposting for new page:

is there something bugged with the Mountaintop quest?

Been having 6+ scout rifle kills in Control and I'm stuck in 3/4.

I think these quests are slightly bugged, yeah. I had a few issues with this one and a lot of other players have posted online about it not working.

One thing that worked for me was never switching any weapon in any slot in my inventory once the crucible match started. Try that and see if it works. :)

eggydoo

one person have super good advice on oracles
sleeper/sniper on atheon. 3-manned atheon this way with no problem.

Wilde

who cares? we'll all be playing for months anyway and even if you decrepit now it won't get you to max lvl-it'll give you a 3-4 day head start in PvE (lol)

people be crazy

The raid launches 3 days after Rise of Iron comes out, so any sort of head start to get your light high enough will help. That's why I've got vanguard, crucible, cryptarch an all factions edged on all my characters too! I'm someone who likes to do the blind raid right when it comes out, so I prefer not to be under leveled if possible, considering there is enough challenge just figuring out all the new mechanics. Not to mention you need to be high light for Iron Banner and Trials as well.

In any case, I'm not even going to decrypt any of these until I'm near the light level cap anyway. It doesn't take any extra effort to save engrams, and there is no reason to be opening any now.

Some people like getting to max light asap, some people want to drag it out, no big deal.

oh really? I assumed a 335 would do way more damage than a VoG primary.

Don't know what the cap exists, so 335 will likely do more than whatever LL you're at at level 28, but probably not anymore than the light level you were at at level 36 or whatever.

IIRC there was a difference sniping the light-eater knights between 320 and 335 (that then got nerfed last week)— don't know for certain since I only did HM after the April update.

if you and Banana are around on Sunday or Monday night I could use some help!

For VoG or KF? Probably around, though we apparently need to see our families ahead of full-on hobbit mode next weekend. :p

Deku Tree

I'd personally rather just play the game a lot once it comes out.

And I know that the raid is gonna get old long before they have new content whether I beat it 3x the first week or not, so I don't care about being first anymore.

Ryck

Does anyone by chance have a Warpriest checkpoint on Normal mode? Would anyone be interested in running that in about 3-4 hours?

We have 3-4 people.

I have a HM Warpriest to share if that helps.

ryseing

Hey y'all I'm trying to get involved in the community again before RoI drops Tuesday. Could someone PM me the Discord? Thanks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
He normally is available after 5:30PM Est everyday. Though I won't be able to hop on until 8pm tonight because of work. If there are friendly GAF members that could help him I would appreciate it. I feel bad for him since we been trying to schedule a raid for months now, he is actually my Refer-A-Friend and we became good PSN buddies
I won't be home until then anyway. Do you want to try to set something up for 8:30PM?

Carry Darryl's Friend through KF Normal Challenges Raid
1. Hawkian
2. Darryl
3. Darryl's Friend
15. ______
9. ______
12. ______
We have a discord charlt for DGAF?!?!
That could be the most efficient way to connect yet
Send me a PM if you would like an invite.

SpecX

Thanks man. It's just CM. I have a few HM kills but stopped playing after that :)

What's your PSN? I'll add you and invite you if I can get a group.

I have 600 people in my PSN list and perhaps half of them play Destiny so with any luck I can put a team together tonight or tomorrow.

I also need to do the new Reef quests, are those hard? I assumed they would be easy, haha.

PSN Dark1421. I'll be on again tonight around 7 or 8 pm PDT.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I'm saving my engrams, but I won't be surprised if that turns out to be a test build feature and not in the final release...

I won't be home until then anyway. Do you want to try to set something up for 8:30PM?

1. Hawkian
2. Darryl
3. Darryl's Friend
15. ______
9. ______
12. ______

I would like discord

Finished up all my Moments of Triumph. I had gotten all 3 characters to 320 and just never came back after Sparrow Racing. So I haven't played since January/February, a much sharper drop off than Year 1 in comparison. The Valentines event and the April stuff just didn't interest me. Luckily this expansion is looking fantastic.

I was able to get all the April questline stuff and the Crucible questline done in 2 solid nights of playing to finish off the MoT. It was a great way to come back to the game. I was just gonna boost my characters closer to 335 but after seeing that the first item drops are in the 340+ range in the expansion and we can infuse it seems pointless.

The best part of returning has been playing with old friends from here and beyond. Destiny truly is the best social game in a long time.

Peace and Love to you all my friends!

spyder_ur

I'm saving my engrams, but I won't be surprised if that turns out to be a test build feature and not in the final release...

I'd be pretty surprised if exotic engrams did not decode at or slightly above your current level - this is great for alts in particular to get infusion fuel.

As for whether they'll decode to new gear or legendaries also decode to LL, we'll see. I'm not expecting it, but it would just be a bonus.

SpecX

1. Hawkian
2. Darryl
3. Darryl's Friend
15. ______
9. ______
12. ______

Put me down. I can help and wouldn't mind getting some infusion gear on my Hunter.

soultron

Banned
Anyone need 1 for Oryx HM on PSN tonight? I can be on for 7PM EST.

I need to get that done for MOT. :)

EDIT: Scratch that. I'm actually going to make sure I get a 330 Touch of Malice first.

1. Hawkian
2. Darryl
3. Darryl's Friend
15. ______
9. ______
12. ______

I'm on the Saturday afternoon raid. I'd still like to join this one too, if possible.

I think I recommended you guys watch those movies haha

Haven't watched it yet, but we've read the book (well, I have, and I just assume she has). Hobbit-mode just means living in our comfortable burrow and shunning the outside world. I'm not introverted but I'm quite content to pretend to be.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
is that 12:30 pm central for the newbie raid?

so like, 2 hours from this post (on Sat)?
Eastern time.... 45 minutes from this post, on Saturday. :p
I'm on the Saturday afternoon raid. I'd still like to join this one too, if possible.
You're welcome to join, I'm compelled to mention you wouldn't get loot for both though.
Put me down. I can help and wouldn't mind getting some infusion gear on my Hunter.
Thanks! Looks like we'd just have one spot left for this helper raid tonight then.

Actually haven't confirmed with Darryl that he's cool with this yet though lol.

Getting to the later content quicker is only going to see people tire of it quicker. A certain amount of managing that growth makes sense if you ask me as long as there's visible and somewhat consistent progress. Playing for hours on end with zero growth isn't appealing at all.

But at least don't pull a full stop one people for two weeks (!). Now that unless you have someone carrying you to heroic strikes and normal POE, a new player or solo player is not going to have a good time moving from fresh 40 to over 250LL as blues stop at 250..

shermas

Cool.

edited to add: have some friends who've said they're playing Destiny tonight, so if you don't get anymore signups I can probably entice more.

I'm down to run VoG tonight... Timing might be tight for me, but if you start at 7pm eastern, I should be on. GT: Shermas.

Man, I'm trying to get all of the Spektar Kallipolis armor for my Titan before Tuesday, but I'm not sure I want to bother with RNG. I have tons of strange coins, so I'll get a load of heavy ammo synths tomorrow and see where it goes.

FyreWulff

Anyone want to help me cheese-charge my Agonarch Rune? I think you just have to bring your charged one and then I just defeat the Taken it spawns to quickcharge mine.

PSN: Fyre_Wulff

Kalamari

All this talk about requiring silver for rep boosters has me thinking, maybe this was their plan all along.

1. introduce boosters in Rank up packages
2. players will realize how helpful they are when trying to rank up and become somewhat dependent on them
3. start charging money for them
4. Profit

This is like some kind of neighborhood drug dealer marketing strategy.

Top Bottom