• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Ambitious

Apparently, all three KF challenges are active at the moment? Is this correct? What about the CoE triumph and the Return to the Reef triumph? Still possible to get them?

Zocano

Has it been confirmed that there will be a D2, or is it still possible that we'll get a huge expansion to the base game? I kind of don't like the idea of losing the cosmodrome and all of my progress and materials.

We have all of 0 information on how Destiny 2 is structured as a product. Shattered Suns was a subtitle attached to it and probably related to Osiris. That's all we know. We can speculate that it'll have Io and Chicago Dead Zone in it but that's really it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
wooow. That sucks.

So I should just stick to doing Prison of Elders over and over again?
No. You may have misunderstood him.

You can rerun Challenge of Elders for drops and to use Three of Coins on the bosses as often as you like; the Elder Sigil item however you can run once per week per character for a guaranteed armor and weapon piece. Prison of Elders is largely not worth running at all, in terms of loot.

Heroic Strikes can be run as much as you like for drops and using Three of Coins on the bosses. The first strike per week per character yields a guaranteed legendary engram. The first three strikes per week (whichever character you use) also yield legendary marks.

Raid drops reset once per week per character and are separate for Normal and Hard. If you do Hard first, you will also get the normal drops from each checkpoint at the same time. You can also use Three of Coins on raid bosses. In King's Fall, each week there is also a Challenge Mode with an additional task to perform at one of the three bosses; doing so yields a guaranteed high light reward once per week per character. This week, just as a last-minute thing, Bungie turned on all three challenges at the same time. Two of them are simple enough that I will do them during Newbie raids.

Nightfalls yield rewards once per week per character.

You can additionally do Court of Oryx ajnd PvP for drops to increase light.
If you still need 1, Hawk, I can be filler
Looks like we need at least 1. Still need Darryl to weight in.

shermas

If I'm a Destiny addict, will I enjoy Diablo 3? I briefly played the demo a while back (years) and it didn't hook me... I think I might need to go back and try again.

Edit: I've been playing a bit of Borderlands to kill time until ROI hits and I'm struggling with the gunplay. Everything just feels awful because I can't stop comparing the shooting to Destiny.

I did the Sunless Cell strike last night (helped a rando get their solar sword) and the grain is LOLs during that battle.

I'd heard it was bad and was expecting it to be bad, but it was BAD.

I was doing the sword quest last night with friends. The last battle is almost unplayable with the grain. Almost headache inducing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If I'm a Destiny addict, will I enjoy Diablo 3? I briefly played the demo a while back (years) and it didn't hook me... I think I might need to go back and try again.
They have very little in common. While the April update homogenized Destiny somewhat into a more traditional loot game like D3, the best things about Destiny are its FPS gameplay and cooperative raids, neither of which even remotely occur in Diablo 3. You may otherwise enjoy it as (what I understand to be) a very refined and polished loot game with lots of item variety however.

No. You may have misunderstood him.

You can rerun Challenge of Elders for drops and to use Three of Coins on the bosses as often as you like; the Elder Sigil item however you can run once per week per character for a guaranteed armor and weapon piece. Prison of Elders is largely not worth running at all, in terms of loot.

Heroic Strikes can be run as much as you like for drops and using Three of Coins on the bosses. The first strike per week per character yields a guaranteed legendary engram. The first three strikes per week (whichever character you use) also yield legendary marks.

Raid drops reset once per week per character and are separate for Normal and Hard. If you do Hard first, you will also get the normal drops from each checkpoint at the same time. You can also use Three of Coins on raid bosses. In King's Fall, each week there is also a Challenge Mode with an additional task to perform at one of the three bosses; doing so yields a guaranteed high light reward once per week per character. This week, just as a last-minute thing, Bungie turned on all three challenges at the same time. Two of them are simple enough that I will do them during Newbie raids.

Nightfalls yield rewards once per week per character.

You can additionally do Court of Oryx ajnd PvP for drops to increase light.

Looks like we need at least 1. Still need Darryl to weight in.

Thank you for this information!

shermas

They have very little in common. While the April update homogenized Destiny somewhat into a more traditional loot game like D3, the best things about Destiny are its FPS gameplay and cooperative raids, neither of which even remotely occur in Diablo 3. You may otherwise enjoy it as (what I understand to be) a very refined and polished loot game with lots of item variety however.

Thanks for the info... The FPS/loot combo has me, bad. Not sure the loot chase (without shooting) in D3 will be enough to keep me hooked.

We have all of 0 information on how Destiny 2 is structured as a product. Shattered Suns was a subtitle attached to it and probably related to Osiris. That's all we know. We can speculate that it'll have Io and Chicago Dead Zone in it but that's really it.

Cool, I'm rooting for a major expansion building on D1 then. Hopefully they can do something like use an updated engine and import all of the current destinations and whatnot. Add a new class, and fourth subclass for all.

Edit: I've been playing a bit of Borderlands to kill time until ROI hits and I'm struggling with the gunplay. Everything just feels awful because I can't stop comparing the shooting to Destiny.

Yes, Diablo 3 is awesome nowadays and super addicting.

and with lots of customization both in gameplay and in cosmetics :)

stay gold

The Strange Angles one is the one for the exotic Warlock boots.

Viper Totemic is probably for a Warlock piece of armor (specifically Voidwalker), since they're the only ones with Energy Drain.

Most of those perks are either for the Khosotov or the Iron Lord Artifacts.

Viper Totemic is the perk from Ophidian Aspect the Warlock Quickdraw Gauntlets, happy these are finally in game.

On the downside, 'Move to Survive' seems like it would be for Astrocyte Verse, which was previously supposed to improve Blink distance and reduce cooldown, so that'd be a pretty big downgrade.

Shito

Wait, I'm late on this and all, but I'm reading on the trailer topic that this...

ian-mcintosh-01.jpg

... is the raid set?
I'm quite surprised, I would have thought it would have been that nifty burning iron one...

Kyne

Wait, I'm late on this and all, but I'm reading on the trailer topic that this...

... is the raid set?
I'm quite surprised, I would have thought it would have been that nifty burning iron one...

Iron Lords set is from the campaign quests I think.

Shito

Cross-posting from Gaming / Discord...
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=216999259

This would be good news as I'd rather Destiny 2 be a different game rebuilt from the ground up than another TTK.
One thing to note though is that the game is not in "early stages", as they are aiming for a release September next year.
From what I've heard it's already well playable, with a new engine that is only really more beautiful for water and particles. I've been told it's oriented more towards solo play, whatever that means (I suppose more story missions / cutscenes?), in areas that are more "open world".
It's all very vague and all, and yeah with Bungie everything is still subject to change, this is all I've heard from someone working on it....

Deku Tree

One thing to note though is that the game is not in "early stages", as they are aiming for a release September next year.
From what I've heard it's already well playable, with a new engine that is only really more beautiful for water and particles. I've been told it's oriented more towards solo play, whatever that means (I suppose more story missions / cutscenes?), in areas that are more "open world".
It's all very vague and all, and yeah with Bungie everything is still subject to change, this is all I've heard from someone working on it....

Sounds very interesting. I hope oriented more towards solo play doesn't mean cutting back on raids.

Geist-

... is the raid set?
That's badass, I love it. Finally some Raid gear that I actually like the look of, I wonder what the Warlock/Titan stuff looks like.

Zocano

Sounds very interesting. I hope oriented more towards solo play doesn't mean cutting back on raids.

I imagine it means structured more like actual Halo missions that feel grandiose and "cinematic". My main critique of every main mission is that it all feels so ... flat and lifeless and a large part of that is just how the missions feel tacked onto the open world and only a slight bit extra bolted onto the world. Nothing feels huge or dynamic like any of the big missions from Halo 1 or 3.

LTWood12

Apparently, all three KF challenges are active at the moment? Is this correct? What about the CoE triumph and the Return to the Reef triumph? Still possible to get them?

Correct. I would imagine it will be such for both of these things moving forward as they're now 'legacy' content. No reason for them to be on rotation now.

SpecX

... is the raid set?

Shit, I need the cloak!

Side note, are we seriously getting nothing till April next year after this drops? I know SRL, but was hoping since this is the start of Year 3 and they want to improve on the drought, we would see something more along the lines of Y1 content drops.

Do we know a specific time for when RoI will launch on PS4?

Reset 2 am PDT I believe.

darthbob

Shit, I need the cloak!

Side note, are we seriously getting nothing till April next year after this drops? I know SRL, but was hoping since this is the start of Year 3 and they want to improve on the drought, we would see something more along the lines of Y1 content drops.

We honestly don't know any of Bungie's 2017 plans, just what they've told us for post ROI in 2016, Festival of the Lost and SRL. Seems likely that Crimson Days will make a return in February, but anything past SRL is conjecture.

shermas

There's a buff/infection going around in Destiny

XfRoYgW.png

I don't want! I'm gonna end up accidentally rolling over my factions... I think I can still safely grind HoJ but everything else is close to ranking up.

Edit: but I think it's pretty cool that this is a thing.

Vic_Viper

There's a buff/infection going around in Destiny

XfRoYgW.png

Where is this coming from? How do I get it, does it just apply when you log in? I'm at work and can't play till tonight.

Been ammassing a collection of blue/purple/gold engrams in my storage to use when RoI rolls out!

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I've been told it's oriented more towards solo play, whatever that means (I suppose more story missions / cutscenes?)

Hmm... I would rather see a better way to implement multiplayer play honestly (rather than just a bunch of people "in the world"). I don't really want a more focused single-player campaign. Make it a better focused multiplayer "campaign"; e.g., give us more impetus to team up.

How come no-one told me that this eysaluna gun was so op? I thought you needed a God roll, so I waited and kept ditching any bad rolls. I finally got one that was okayish and started using it to get the perks unlocked. Vanilla, out of the box this thing is a beast. Body shot and one melee make it awesome at close range, and medium range is an easy 2 body + 1 headshot. RoF is fast enough but still controllable. What a nice HC.

Yes they are, also CoO tier 3 bosses are rotating as well.

You can easily get the CoE and Reef triumphs done in a day.

Doing my first Nightfall and could use a bit of help if anyone's up for it :)

I can help if you're still looking for it.

PSN: ruthlesbarbarian

Jinjo

Where is this coming from? How do I get it, does it just apply when you log in? I'm at work and can't play till tonight.

Been ammassing a collection of blue/purple/gold engrams in my storage to use when RoI rolls out!

Not fully known yet. Some streamer all of a sudden had it while playing Crucible. Definitely does not apply for everyone when logging in. As Darthbob said, it's probably some sort of PokeGuardianrus

Ambitious

Yes. All challenges are active and Court of Oryx Tier 3 Bosses are rotating. You can get everything done this week.

Correct. I would imagine it will be such for both of these things moving forward as they're now 'legacy' content. No reason for them to be on rotation now.

Thanks. Now I just need to find a group willing to carry someone through the raid who hasn't played this in almost a year and has never even tried the challenges.

Depending on what carries over to Destiny 2 I'll probably switch over to Playstation. I wish grimoire score would be linked to your bungie account rather than GT/PSN ID, so I could at least keep something.

Also the maintenance today added the cards for TTK Playstation exclusive content to the Xbox grimoire.

Top Bottom