• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

shermas

I did the Sunless Cell strike last night (helped a rando get their solar sword) and the grain is LOLs during that battle.

I'd heard it was bad and was expecting it to be bad, but it was BAD.

SpecX

I did the Sunless Cell strike last night (helped a rando get their solar sword) and the grain is LOLs during that battle.

I'd heard it was bad and was expecting it to be bad, but it was BAD.

Have they commented on why they added it? It was perfect the way it was before and I seriously thought something was wrong with my TV first time I got through that strike after the updates.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Have they commented on why they added it? It was perfect the way it was before and I seriously thought something was wrong with my TV first time I got through that strike after the updates.

Yeah it makes no sense for this game at all. Totally bizarre thing to add to a futuristic space magic shooter.

darthbob

No, just that they're aware and investigating.

The grain effect is similar to the wipe screen effect, so maybe it's just a glitch rather than a feature?

Geist-

Have you guys seen the new perks? Sorry if old, but looks like there are a lot of cool new ones out there:
http://destinytracker.com/destiny/perkviewer

EN8WqmV.jpg

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Have you guys seen the new perks? Sorry if old, but looks like there are a lot of cool new ones out there:

The Strange Angles one is the one for the exotic Warlock boots.

Viper Totemic is probably for a Warlock piece of armor (specifically Voidwalker), since they're the only ones with Energy Drain.

Most of those perks are either for the Khosotov or the Iron Lord Artifacts.

Perks that change rate of fire?

This isn't going to go well

Don't like your weopons archetype. Let's mix and match!

Also isn't 900 rpm nechrocasm rate?

I just completed the Challenge of Elders and the Return to the Reef triumph didn't unlock.

???

Did you have the quest part of, "Return to the Prison" active? You have to do the, "Enemy at the Gates" mission first, then you will get the "Return to the Prison" questline. Completing the Sigil scorecard in Challenge of Elders is a seperate triumph and requires you to complete the entire score card. The, "Return to the Reef" triumph is doing the April update questline that ends with a CoE mission. I don't think it works if you just randomly do CoE.

SolidC213

I need to kill Qodron the Gatelord for the grimoire but I cannot ever get him to be the end boss on POE. Anyone know an easy way to do this? Is it random each time you try? Is POE like a nightfall and the bosses are set each week? If so, anywhere online where I can look up that weeks POE end boss? I have tried to no avail and I am getting very frustrated.

Acidote

Did you have the quest part of, "Return to the Prison" active? You have to do the, "Enemy at the Gates" mission first, then you will get the "Return to the Prison" questline. Completing the Sigil scorecard in Challenge of Elders is a seperate triumph and requires you to complete the entire score card. The, "Return to the Reef" triumph is doing the April update questline that ends with a CoE mission. I don't think it works if you just randomly do CoE.

Yeah, I had that mission and turned it in.

MrDaravon

Damn, just got absolutely curbstomped hardcore by a team of randoms in the daily (Control). I think I'm just going to wait and jump on a GAF train to get these last 7 wins I need for the FWC class item quest lol.

EL CUCO

RoI hype deflating... D2 hype increasing...
I'm expecting RoI to give us atleast a month's worth of freshness, before we fall back into Destiny once a week routine status (PvE).

Good thing I got Titanfall 2 and hopefully revamped Division for the rest of the year.

I need to kill Qodron the Gatelord for the grimoire but I cannot ever get him to be the end boss on POE. Anyone know an easy way to do this? Is it random each time you try? Is POE like a nightfall and the bosses are set each week? If so, anywhere online where I can look up that weeks POE end boss? I have tried to no avail and I am getting very frustrated.

Yes, the 32 and 34 PoE bosses rotate every week.

It would be perfect if the next 12 months are content lite for me. I start a distance learning degree next week so a lot of my destiny time will be eaten up with 18 months worth of studying.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yeh, I think RoI will be fun for a few weeks then it'll burn out. Really not feeling the long term potential here, but those few weeks look like they will be fun.

I'm hoping Bungie have plans to keep updating with little bits of content throughout the year to keep us ticking until D2.

Shiv47

Yeh, I think RoI will be fun for a few weeks then it'll burn out. Really not feeling the long term potential here, but those few weeks look like they will be fun.

I'm hoping Bungie have plans to keep updating with little bits of content throughout the year to keep us ticking until D2.

RoI drops on the 20th. There will be people will be complaining about the lack of content by the 21st.

The weekly reset is on Tuesday. Unless you have multiple characters so you could do one on each.

oh, I see. I did not know raids only yielded loot once a week. Is this also the case for Prison of Elders and Challenge of Elders? What about Heroic Strikes?

In the case of the raid tonight, I will leave my seat for someone else, as I am already on the list for Saturday.

RoI drops on the 20th. There will be people will be complaining about the lack of content by the 21st.

I bet there will be a few people that will start complaining on the 20th.

oh, I see. I did not know raids only yielded loot once a week. Is this also the case for Prison of Elders and Challenge of Elders? What about Heroic Strikes?

In the case of the raid tonight, I will leave my seat for someone else, as I am already on the list for Saturday.

Challenge of Elders can be done as often as you want and you cane get some of the rewards more than once per week. There are 3 exotics (Dreg's Promise, Lord of Wolves and Queenbreaker's Bow), a class item and a ghost shell (Consumed Shell) that can only drop as after-match rewards in CoE. You can farm for these pretty easily. I've had several of each of these drop at 335 in one night of farming.

Challenge of Elders is also good for Three of Coin farming and getting sublime engrams. Once you finish your Sigil, you can go back and kill the bosses fairly quickly. 3 bosses in less than 10 minutes.

You also get rewards (up to 335) from the completed Elder's Sigil, but you can only get those once per week per character. Challenge and Prison both give you House Judgement rep, and that can give you rewards (up to 330) as well.

You can get rewards from Prison of Elders, but I find that it's mostly not worth it. It takes too long to complete and the three chests at the end of the Prison mostly have blue items.

Those people who will have spent the past few weeks / months hoarding engrams and edging factions, stocking up on motes, heavy synths and bounties and then spend 18 hours playing on day 1.

coe yes poe no strikes yes

People are going to burn through the story missions fast, and do their best to get all the loot they can, and level - fast.

It happens every time. I must admit, this is where Bungie confuses me somewhat.

You do hear them talking about how they want people to take their time and experience the game. I agree with this. Sadly, by dropping the raid 3 days after, the subtle message is to level as fast as you can.

It's a mixed message at best.

strikes yes
This isn't entirely accurate - you can run heroic strikes as many times per week as you want and still get full loot. The first three strikes you run each week also award you with 10 legendary marks for a total of 30 legendary marks from heroic strikes each week per account.

Shiv47

People are going to burn through the story missions fast, and do their best to get all the loot they can, and level - fast.

You do hear them talking about how they want people to take their time and experience the game. I agree with this. Sadly, by dropping the raid 3 days after, the subtle message is to level as fast as you can.

Yeah, I hate that the raid is dropping so quickly. At least wait until the next Friday at the earliest. People burn through the content super fast without the carrot of the raid though, as I remember when the April update dropped, some people here had gotten to 335 within the first couple days or so. The 1 to 1 infusion certainly helps with that, but I'd much rather have that than the previous system. If they spaced things out though, people would then complain about stuff being timegated. So...I'm not sure what the answer is.

FyreWulff

Yeah, this is the thing I dislike. I really wish they would wait longer to have the raid turn on.

Zocano

Yeah, I hate that the raid is dropping so quickly. At least wait until the next Friday at the earliest. People burn through the content super fast without the carrot of the raid though, as I remember when the April update dropped, some people here had gotten to 335 within the first couple days or so. The 1 to 1 infusion certainly helps with that, but I'd much rather have that than the previous system. If they spaced things out though, people would then complain about stuff being timegated. So...I'm not sure what the answer is.

Harder content.

Real ass MMO raids aren't completed fully until like a month after they release because of the way gear progression works within a raid and also they are actually insanely intense every encounter and takes multiple learning sessions to get through every a part or two.

I thought this would be obvious especially since every expansion has followed this pattern. They kinda have to go all in on destiny 2.

Has it been confirmed that there will be a D2, or is it still possible that we'll get a huge expansion to the base game? I kind of don't like the idea of losing the cosmodrome and all of my progress and materials.

Top Bottom