• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

How come no-one told me that this eysaluna gun was so op? I thought you needed a God roll, so I waited and kept ditching any bad rolls. I finally got one that was okayish and started using it to get the perks unlocked. Vanilla, out of the box this thing is a beast. Body shot and one melee make it awesome at close range, and medium range is an easy 2 body + 1 headshot. RoF is fast enough but still controllable. What a nice HC.

Grasp is like that too. I got a shit roll and was bummed but it's awesome already without even leveling it.

Last part of the Mountaintop quest.

20 points.

What are the fastest crucible matches?
Team games give you a better chance of winning versus FFA games, btw.

SheHateMe

Am I using HC wrong? Should I be aiming through the sights or just firing? The only one I'm any good with is TLW.

Aim your shots.

Ideally, you want to be close enough that you can get a good read on them and fire safely and accurately, but far enough away that they can't one shot you with a PC+1.

Which handcannon are you using?

Tjamato88

Aim your shots.

Ideally, you want to be close enough that you can get a good read on them and fire safely and accurately, but far enough away that they can't one shot you with a PC+1.

Which handcannon are you using?

I've been trying out Luna and the god roll IB one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I won't be home until then anyway. Do you want to try to set something up for 8:30PM?

Carry Darryl's Friend through KF Normal Challenges Raid
1. Hawkian
2. Darryl
3. Darryl's Friend
15. SpecX
9. Zocano
12. ______
Darryl, this gonna work for you?

Still have one spot, I suppose

spyder_ur

I don't want! I'm gonna end up accidentally rolling over my factions... I think I can still safely grind HoJ but everything else is close to ranking up.

Edit: but I think it's pretty cool that this is a thing.

Got Tuesday off :cheer:

Super hyped for ROI. Is it worth edging all my ranks so I get reward packages first thing?

As someone who's done it in the past, I wouldn't fret too much about edging your rep. It's very easy to get rank ups now with boosters and donations (for factions). I'm only somewhat monitoring them this go around, and it's annoying to have to worry about going over, as I always do.

Skirmish and Elimination I would think.

Also two of the sweatiest game modes and hardest to get wins, in my experience.

Jinjo

There's a buff/infection going around in Destiny

XfRoYgW.png

You get it through picking up an orb from an infected person/an infected person gets a superkill in crucible. And then it spreads through kills in crucible.

Apparently there's multiple infections. "Brilliance" and "Splendor" discovered so far.

Mindlog

Joined Chur on a NF and got my first Cloak after dozens if not hundreds of completions in that strikes.
Did one more NF and a complete random joined my public party. Felt bad they only got an Answering Chord for their efforts as I don't really need loot, but got a 335 Hawkian Helmet.

The gameplay, ehhh. Kinds of tired of these strikes and mission design. I really miss Dooooooooooom's kinetic energy and Mass Effect's power synergy.

Still, fun game and the other titles I was hoping would be good aren't grabbing my attention. I could see myself playing a bit in between Paragon matches.

demonkaze

So me and two friends need to do VoG for the Atheon core for the NTTE quest and was wondering if we could do it with just us 3? We're LL 332, 330 and 326.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Do I need to pick up the 40 Level Boost with a character that is not level 40? I picked up my level 25 character boost with a 28 character and i cannot find the damn thing anywhere in my inventory.

Jinjo

So me and two friends need to do VoG for the Atheon core for the NTTE quest and was wondering if we could do it with just us 3? We're LL 332, 330 and 326.

You need a self-res warlock and have him die before getting send to the portal dimensions. Then have him res after the other two got teleported. Otherwise it's an auto-wipe if nobody is alive outside the portals. Only then it's do-able with 3, otherwise atleast 4.

kidko

You get it through picking up an orb from an infected person/an infected person gets a superkill in crucible. And then it spreads through kills in crucible.

Apparently there's multiple infections. "Brilliance" and "Splendor" discovered so far.

This is awesome! :D

Just wait until the infection turns into a debuff as SIVA corrupts it

SheHateMe

I've been trying out Luna and the god roll IB one.

Yeah, just aim and fire. Especially with the Peril. That thing hits like a tank with headshots, so try and take your time with it.

Go into a private match and just find a wall. See how far out when can shoot the weapon and score a mark on it, then learn the recoil pattern so you know which way it pulls.

It takes time, especially coming from TLW, but I'm positive you can get it!

Xeroblade

Just checked Mr_Amplified's chat and he has the same thing in his chat from owl_sector:

[12:38:34] Override reported. Filed for investigation. Await further instructions, Guardian.

[12:43:25] We’ve detected an unidentified foreign intrusion into your systems, Guardian. Stay calm. We will investigate.

What the hell is going on? here is the website http://owlsector.bungie.net/#en

I was doing the Fallen SABER strike last night. Looks like some SIVA got into some of the level. The hallway after you break through the vents and drop down to the lower level of the bunker. The one with the arcs of electricity coming down the hallway. If you turn right in the hallway, go down to the end, you can see some on the walls. Nice little touch.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
He normally is available after 5:30PM Est everyday. Though I won't be able to hop on until 8pm tonight because of work. If there are friendly GAF members that could help him I would appreciate it. I feel bad for him since we been trying to schedule a raid for months now, he is actually my Refer-A-Friend and we became good PSN buddies
Quotey quote.

Carry Darryl's Friend through KF Normal Challenges Raid
1. Hawkian
2. Darryl
3. Darryl's Friend
15. SpecX
9. Zocano
12. ______

Contingent on Darryl's availability.. I don't even know the dude's PSN

shingi70

Banned
Vault of Glass / Xbox / are up to it. 6-7pm est.

1. Shingi the 70
2. UrbanerCatus
3. ThingontheFloor
4. CrudeDiatribe

Two more spots are available if.anyone is interested.

ocean

Banned
Am I using HC wrong? Should I be aiming through the sights or just firing? The only one I'm any good with is TLW.

You should always aim. TLW is the only HC with is sort of a little bit compatible with hip fire.

Use that Rifled Barrel IB hand cannon, it's great. It kills in one shot to the head and two to the body. Your shots won't always register, because Bungie is horribly deaf when it comes to weapon balancing, but it's still a solid gun overall.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Remember last year there was a site where we put our names in and it came up with a little video of our yearly triumphs? One of mine was playing with 10k guardians and another was something like going to the lighthouse so and so amount of times. I wonder if that site is still around and if we can see our year 2 triumphs.

LTWood12

Remember last year there was a site where we put our names in and it came up with a little video of our yearly triumphs? One of mine was playing with 10k guardians and another was something like going to the lighthouse so and so amount of times. I wonder if that site is still around and if we can see our year 2 triumphs.

Maybe it'll tell me how many times i played one match on a train.

I have never wanted to go home and get killed in the crucible so bad before.

I bet each "infection" is a color on the owl sector map. eventually it will show % of people with each one?

Top Bottom