• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JcIPCeBVg0

Here is the last two rounds of one of the sweatiest match ever with T-44 and Wicked. This was game #8 with one of the weirdest battles ever on the first round of this video, somehow got out on top of that one. And the important thing to notice on that round is my super meter. I had literally just used my blade the round before (and died to a crispy fronstab) and this round let me get my entire super back which then let me caught them completely off guard to end the match.

This was the match i posted the result screen on the last page.

ekgrey

Anybody on XB1 interested in helping me out with some patrols on Venus or the Cosmodrome? Trying to get these Taken champions. Two separate quests, both equally aggravating.

My tag is ekgrey, just add/invite me. I'll be on for another hour at least. (Oh my god, how is it almost 1:30 in the morning? T_T)

Oh, and no mic, the wife is sleeping. :/

inthrall

Here is the last two rounds of one of the sweatiest match ever with T-44 and Wicked. This was game #8 with one of the weirdest battles ever on the first round of this video, somehow got out on top of that one. And the important thing to notice on that round is my super meter. I had literally just used my blade the round before (and died to a crispy fronstab) and this round let me get my entire super back which then let me caught them completely off guard to end the match.

Clutch af

The Mountaintop is in the bag! Now there is nothing more I can do until the reset brings me Golgoroth & Thalnok. I think I'm going to do something I'm probably going to regret and start Jolly Holliday.

I hate hand cannons so much.

That penultimate round was crazy! So many revives.

The Mountaintop is in the bag! Now there is nothing more I can do until the reset brings me Golgoroth & Thalnok. I think I'm going to do something I'm probably going to regret and start Jolly Holliday.

I hate hand cannons so much.
I have Imprecation and Jolly Holiday to do. Detest have cannons smh. I'm all for cheesing if you feel like.

Breezy's Set Showcase #2

Today we're going to be featuring the sleek Hunter class!

Helmet: Gravitron Forfeit
Gauntlet:Spektar Set
Chest: Spektar Set
Legs: Spektar Set(All Spektar set gotten through faction package or sterling set)
Cloak: Of Taniks
Shader:Krokos(Gotten from SRL)

This ones simple. The purple is accentuated due to the unique nature of the set(Whereas usually it would be a shade of purple, the Spektar set brings it out to be a sort of bright, highlighted color.) As for the cloak, the red contrasts with the purple nicely, bringing a solid foundation to the set.

7pK7wxc.png

foDNnwp.png

Breezy's Set Showcase #2

Legs: Spektar Set(All Spektar set gotten through faction package or sterling set)

This ones simple. The purple is accentuated due to the unique nature of the set(Whereas usually it would be a shade of purple, the Spektar set brings it out to be a sort of bright, highlighted color.) As for the cloak, the red contrasts with the purple nicely, bringing a solid foundation to the set.
The boots absolutely make the outfit!

SheHateMe

Finally finished the Touch of Malice quest.

Finally.

Also got my exotic class item for NM completed.

I'm sitting at 330, and outside of one of two more things, I might chill on the game until ROI in 3 weeks.

shermas

Anybody on XB1 interested in helping me out with some patrols on Venus or the Cosmodrome? Trying to get these Taken champions. Two separate quests, both equally aggravating.

My tag is ekgrey, just add/invite me. I'll be on for another hour at least. (Oh my god, how is it almost 1:30 in the morning? T_T)

Oh, and no mic, the wife is sleeping. :/

GT: Shermas. Add me... Not sure if I can get on tonight, but I'm always down to help. If you see me on, send me a note.

I'm home safe. Only took a few hours later than I thought. Everyone was on different eating and bathroom schedules lol.

Tomorrow, the fun begins for me in Trials. Can't wait! But right now, a good night's rest finally.

Old player (Haven't played since the week Hard Oryx came out) looking to level up a little before RoI and maybe completing some of the moment of triumph year 2. What do you guys recommend is the best way to get this done? I messed around with the strike Playlist and got my hunter up about 10 light levels after a few hours but the progress seems a little slower than I'd like.

I'm not opposed to running HM Oryx if I have to but my old raid group is all but gone now. Is it feasible for me to get 330+ in a decent time just running strikes with 3 of coins and vanguard rep buff? I'd love to get more rep but haven't run nightfall and don't know if it'doesn't be worth it at LL 311. I also have 3 characters so I'd need ro get them all leveled up around the same as well and don't know if I'll have the time for all 3 balancing other games as well as I play lots of fighters and overwatch currently.

I'd like to pvp to help level up but I'm not sure any of the weapons I have will be as effective as I'm not aware of the current meta and don't have much in the way of taken king guns besides the regular raid weapons, hung jury, stillpierce, and 3 exotic swords. I can be very competitive and would hate to feel ineffective based on how I used to perform in crucible.

Playing on PS4 in case anyone was wondering.

ekgrey

GT: Shermas. Add me... Not sure if I can get on tonight, but I'm always down to help. If you see me on, send me a note.

Awesome, thanks man. Added (my very first XBL friend haha), hopefully we can play some tomorrow.

And to anyone else: I'm down for helping out with whatever, I'd just like to get those Taken champion quests done. But I really mostly just wanna play.

Lvl. 40, ~301 Light, Hunter. None of my subclasses are maxed yet (working on it...) I've done all the strikes at least once, most more than that, but I haven't done any of the Lvl. 41 ones. I haven't done any of the Prison of Elders, Crucible, or the raids yet either. I have a lot to do haha

37 Exotic engrams and counting. AKA 37 shards when they don't decrypt into RoI light levels or new exotics.

Also, fuck the universal remote.

Jinjo

37 Exotic engrams and counting. AKA 37 shards when they don't decrypt into RoI light levels or new exotics.

Also, fuck the universal remote.

37 shards it is then. They always introduce new engrams into the loot pool whenever new DLC hits. It has went like this 4 times already, this time will be no exception.

Breezy's Set Showcase #2

Oh snap, great minds, etc.

Running the exact same setup, chroma included. EXCEPT, that instead of the Cloak of Taniks, I've got on the Void Flayer Mantle. Works well with the Graviton Forfeit, I think.

Running the exact same setup, chroma included. EXCEPT, that instead of the Cloak of Taniks, I've got on the Void Flayer Mantle. Works well with the Graviton Forfeit, I think.

Oooh snap. I have that mantle too.I was looking at the Nightstalkers cloak, but Taniks is just so goood.

Jinjo

This. I feel the Void Flayer Mantle or even the Queen Cloak would look way better on that set. Taniks mantle is cool, but goes well with maybe two shaders tops.

Sky Walker

I also farmed some engrams for a little while, now I have probably 70 exotic engrams. I'll be really disappointed when they lock encryption only for pre-RoI loot table.

37 shards it is then. They always introduce new engrams into the loot pool whenever new DLC hits. It has went like this 4 times already, this time will be no exception.

The only time it did not go like this was the April update.

Even though I am hoarding exotics and legendaries in the hope that they will be at a higher light level I seriously doubt it will happen as well. But I know it will level the hell out of the Cryptarch, and from him I can get engrams that will be a higher light. Also all those legendary marks will help me buy gear as well.

Jinjo

Queen Cloak

What is this...Queen Cloak. I must have it. For posterity.

Cloak of the Sixth Reign. Gained from ranking up with Petra (Queen's Emissary). Goes well with with Imogen's Fire shader too (also from Petra).

The only time it did not go like this was the April update.

Even though I am hoarding exotics and legendaries in the hope that they will be at a higher light level I seriously doubt it will happen as well. But I know it will level the hell out of the Cryptarch, and from him I can get engrams that will be a higher light. Also all those legendary marks will help me buy gear as well.

You're right, but with every major DLC they'd just introduce new engrams in the loot pool, those are the only ones that'd decrypt to higher levels. Saving the exotic engrams would indeed be good to level cryptarch rep post-DLC. Any engrams gained from him would decrypt to new light levels. But what good is one or two blues gonna do ya? :p

noomi

Whats the best/fastest/easiest way to use 3oC these days? I want to try for that Zen Meteor.

Also, for yr2 queens breaker bow it is only from CoE?

bitsurugi

Whats the best/fastest/easiest way to use 3oC these days? I want to try for that Zen Meteor.

Yea. You could try doing CoE, doing fast runs, so you maximize your Bow chances and also pop 3oC at bosses for the special weapon engram drop.

Jinjo

Strikes for sure. Unless you want mind-numbing farming then Draksis is still farmable as well, but I believe they nerfed the drop rate quite heavily when using that much coins in quick succession.

Yes to the Queen Breaker's Bow question. Just gotta get lucky.

Cloak of the Sixth Reign. Gained from ranking up with Petra (Queen's Emissary). Goes well with with Imogen's Fire shader too (also from Petra).

You're right, but with every major DLC they'd just introduce new engrams in the loot pool, those are the only ones that'd decrypt to higher levels. Saving the exotic engrams would indeed be good to level cryptarch rep post-DLC. Any engrams gained from him would decrypt to new light levels. But what good is one or two blues gonna do ya? :p

Always a chance at a legendary coming out of those packages. I'm only hoarding them from when I thought there was a slim chance I could gain a few LL easily. But I always knew it was very unlikely. My biggest plan is to spam motes and heavy ammo into factions to rank them up and get those packages.

Jinjo

I don't expect them to work, but there is zero harm in keeping them.

Maybe an idea to save them until you hit light 340 or something? (Which should not be hard as I expect blues to decrypt to higher levels in the dlc) That way atleast all of them should be 335 at the very minimum. That'd be worth it to save them, just to not get stupid 334 drops.

Always a chance at a legendary coming out of those packages. I'm only hoarding them from when I thought there was a slim chance I could gain a few LL easily. But I always knew it was very unlikely. My biggest plan is to spam motes and heavy ammo into factions to rank them up and get those packages.

You could always get lucky, for sure. :) I was just making fun of the cryptarch always messing people over with blues haha. Motes and heavy ammo synth into factions is indeed a very solid idea. I'll be spending all my strange coins into heavy synth and 3oC the friday before ROI hits. Perhaps I'll spread the rank ups a bit over the week too, or I'll wait till friday before the raid hits for a last minute boost in light level.

Yeah Jinjo, faction packages are the way forward. I'm not going to cash any in until I've completed the story quests and gotten whatever LL boost that gives me. I will wait for the level increase to slow down a bit and then spam packages just before the raid.

Hopefully 3oC continue to work as I've got a stockpile of them ready to use as well.

KuroNeeko

Is there a good way to go about getting sword kills for the exotic sword quest in Crucible? Or do I just need to go in hackin and slashin?

Maybe an idea to save them until you hit light 340 or something? (Which should not be hard as I expect blues to decrypt to higher levels in the dlc) That way atleast all of them should be 335 at the very minimum. That'd be worth it to save them, just to not get stupid 334 drops.

You could always get lucky, for sure. :) I was just making fun of the cryptarch always messing people over with blues haha. Motes and heavy ammo synth into factions is indeed a very solid idea. I'll be spending all my strange coins into heavy synth and 3oC the friday before ROI hits. Perhaps I'll spread the rank ups a bit over the week too, or I'll wait till friday before the raid hits for a last minute boost in light level.

I would save some strange coins for xur. He might well be selling exotics at the new "base" light level as well. I would only convert into 3oc what you need for a week or two. IMHO it's unlikely he would stop selling them AND they keep the 3oc functionality turned on. That's the only vase where you need to stockpile 3oç.

Bungie tend to leave their "quality of life" information until quite late, but for hoarders that can be the most important info in terms of getting to high light quickly.

We still don't know if there will be a new currency or what light the new vendor gear will be.

Top Bottom