• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Ok, this LHF is pretty nice.
im sorry Mildsoss :p

I hope you didn't take those seriously, I just saw your name and wanted to mess around :p

SpecX

Quotey quote.

Carry Darryl's Friend through KF Normal Challenges Raid
1. Hawkian
2. Darryl
3. Darryl's Friend
15. SpecX
9. Zocano
12. ______

Contingent on Darryl's availability.. I don't even know the dude's PSN

Did you get confirmation? Taking off from work to grab the kids and should be on in an hour.

I don't think this infection stuff is anything but a replacement for the NF buff.

It seems pretty random and obtainable from all types of activities. So instead of having to run NF right away at reset you can do anything to get a buff that slightly increases rep and XP for the week.

Deku Tree

Uh

Did you guys hear the pay2win for reputation boosts they announced

Can't wait to pay my way to better gear

>_>

You can buy them directly now?

I love it when video game companies respect your time by allowing you to buy your way to the top. I'd rather give my money to activision that some kids on a Destiny boosting web site.

Uh

Did you guys hear the pay2win for reputation boosts they announced

Can't wait to pay my way to better gear

>_>

You can buy them directly now?
Isn't it just paying to get your RNG rolls sooner? It's not like they're are getting guaranteed god rolls. Plus haven't these been available from sterling silver? You've been able to buy those for a while.

Isn't it just paying to get your RNG rolls sooner? It's not like they're are getting guaranteed god rolls. Plus haven't these been available from sterling silver? You've been able to buy those for a while.

With the way the system works though(Loot from Faction packages or Rewards from Crucible/Nightfall/etc.) being at a higher light level, it's literally paying directly for more chances at a higher light level.

It's scummy. When it was only from the sterling packages, it was less scummy(But scummy nonetheless), but directly offering the reps is well...scummier? Blatantly scummy? It's Maple Story tier.

It is buying your way to a chance at earning higher level gear, faster.

GAF v GAF

CsblfdmUsAIyiis.jpg

With the way the system works though(Loot from Faction packages or Rewards from Crucible/Nightfall/etc.) being at a higher light level, it's literally paying directly for more chances at a higher light level.

It's scummy. When it was only from the sterling packages, it was less scummy(But scummy nonetheless), but directly offering the reps is well...scummier? Blatantly scummy? It's Maple Story tier.

Lol

Scummy? Really?

TWAB is up
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45223/

Patch on Monday
Bungie said:
In preparation for Destiny: Rise of Iron, we will be deploying Hotfix 2.4.0.1 and Hotfix 2.4.0.2 on Monday September 19th, 2016. These updates, deployed simultaneously, will address the following issues:

• Film Grain issues introduced in Update 2.4.0
  • Issues impacting Revive Timers
  • Quest Tracking on some Vendors, Cosmodrome, and Mars
  • Volume issues impacting some lines from Lord Shaxx in the Crucible

Anyone want to run through the Spindle quest with me real quick? Still haven't done it after all this time, and yet it's still kind of a pain to do solo. On XB1.

Higher light level gear is easier than ever to earn now. There are so many opportunities to get higher light level gear that I don't see a point in spending money to speed up the process. It's not directly pay2win, because the only guaranteed thing you are getting is progressing to a RNG roll faster. I understand your objections to it, but I don't think it's too big a deal at the moment. The impact is minimal.

Higher light level gear is easier than ever to earn now. There are so many opportunities to get higher light level gear that I don't see a point in spending money to speed up the process. It's not directly pay2win, because the only guaranteed thing you are getting is progressing to a RNG roll faster. I understand your objections to it, but I don't think it's too big a deal at the moment. The impact is minimal.

Oh, I'm not acting like this is the thing that will stop me to stop playing Destiny. I'm just criticizing the implementation of directly selling boosts is well...Maple Story tier. First thing I thought of when I read you could directly buy the reps directly now. As an item gained from Sterling Packages, it's like whatever, the whole sterling stuff was scummy, but directly selling the reps meant that they concluded that they could make money from people wanting to optimize the levelling experience instead of being a side thing that you had a chance getting.

It's seriously f2p tier, and if they're going to continue down that road, they should just make the expansions free at this point, especially since each expansion is seemingly bringing a new form of microtransaction.

Picked up Splendor 2.6 and Brilliance 3.2 in one crucible match. I'm excited to see where this is all going. It must be spreading fast because almost everyone in the match had it.

MrDaravon

You're about to get infected..

I'm already infected D:

Also kinda bummed they're fixing Shaxx's volume on some of his lines, I honestly enjoyed how completely over the top he would be sometimes.

*I get the first kill*

"THE LINES OF BATTLE HAVE BEEN DRAWN"

okay shaxx

Really I just want the Alpha 3 announcer in every game though.

Magnificence 2.0 text on the ARG website unlocked about 15min ago or so.

"Report of Bypass Authority Berriole, OS-I6 1, for Owl Sector records, assigned to incident TRANSMISSION.

I have been tasked with returning to the Dust Palace on Mars, which as far as we know is the only link between the Guardians first affected by these overrides. Appropriate contamination equipment has been requisitioned, although specs are for the Dawn Calamity and have not been adjusted.

The Owl Sector has determined that our acutest need is information. Which is where I come in. The area of interest includes former Clovis Bray buildings, so I expect my skills in cryptography, biosignature falsification, and historical architecture to be thoroughly exercised."

grief

Anyone want to get together for Hard Mode KF tonight? I only need the Oryx kill but I could be convinced to do everything (and CM stuff too)

Toddler

Magnificence 2.0 text on the ARG website unlocked about 15min ago or so.

"Report of Bypass Authority Berriole, OS-I6 1, for Owl Sector records, assigned to incident TRANSMISSION.

I have been tasked with returning to the Dust Palace on Mars, which as far as we know is the only link between the Guardians first affected by these overrides. Appropriate contamination equipment has been requisitioned, although specs are for the Dawn Calamity and have not been adjusted.

The Owl Sector has determined that our acutest need is information. Which is where I come in. The area of interest includes former Clovis Bray buildings, so I expect my skills in cryptography, biosignature falsification, and historical architecture to be thoroughly exercised."

I'm not seeing any of that. Does it say anything on Brilliance 3.2?

Top Bottom