• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

I'm not seeing any of that. Does it say anything on Brilliance 3.2?

Owl Sector Internal, OS-I6 1

SHU: How long since we last convened?
QUI: I can still recall the Dawn Calamity, so not long enough.
BER: I've got consistent and strange reports coming in from across the system.
SHU: Try me.
BER: A few Guardians in the field report being swarmed by some kind of electronic mite. The first few after visiting the Dust Palace on Mars, but the rest from all over.
SHU: How bad?
BER: Fantastic, apparently. At least, that's what they're yelling over comms. Is happy shouting a medical issue? Do we take this to the Vanguard?
QUI: Ikora first. The Hidden might know something.

Copied from discord.

Anyone mind helping kill CM oryx on normal?
We need one and I'm like the only person 335.
And who has done it, really.

Clunker

Anyone want to run through the Spindle quest with me real quick? Still haven't done it after all this time, and yet it's still kind of a pain to do solo. On XB1.
I'm raiding now but if you haven't done it in maybe 45 min I might be able to join you, I still need it too. GT is Holden Cawffle.

X-Frame

Holy shot at the emblem you get for having all 3 at once. Must have must have

Damn, yeah looks awesome

TZmLyga.jpg

Trakan

So... that list of new perks. Some of them sound awfully familiar to the exotics we were supposed to get in TTK. You know, the ones they SHOWED in trailers advertising it.

That's super shady.

Ragarra

Anyone up for helping me get thru the black spindle? Just came back and wouldn't mind getting it before roi. I'm up to 322 light titan. Psn is ragarra

my ex's boyfriend is mad that i 3-0 him in 1v1s yesterday because of the sniper, so he wants a rematch and now snipers are banned.

what are the decent primaries in this game now? it seems like the hawksaw is still wrecking my multi tool so i can't use that. last word feels like ass.

So... that list of new perks. Some of them sound awfully familiar to the exotics we were supposed to get in TTK. You know, the ones they SHOWED in trailers advertising it.

That's super shady.

Hrmmmm

I'm hoping they have their shit together for Destiny 2 ._.;

That's super shady.
I'm just happy that it seems like those Warlock gloves with fast reload on everything + fast weapon ready are coming. Never going to use another exotic again.

Kalamari

my ex's boyfriend is mad that i 3-0 him in 1v1s yesterday because of the sniper, so he wants a rematch and now snipers are banned.

what are the decent primaries in this game now? it seems like the hawksaw is still wrecking my multi tool so i can't use that. last word feels like ass.

Tell him to git gud and hold that L, he had his chance.

Eyasluna, Finala'sPeril, Lord high Fixer with range perks and LitC.

Zakalwe

Banned

TLW is still incredible.

Toddler

Owl Sector Internal, OS-I6 1

SHU: How long since we last convened?
QUI: I can still recall the Dawn Calamity, so not long enough.
BER: I've got consistent and strange reports coming in from across the system.
SHU: Try me.
BER: A few Guardians in the field report being swarmed by some kind of electronic mite. The first few after visiting the Dust Palace on Mars, but the rest from all over.
SHU: How bad?
BER: Fantastic, apparently. At least, that's what they're yelling over comms. Is happy shouting a medical issue? Do we take this to the Vanguard?
QUI: Ikora first. The Hidden might know something.

So if that's my perk I should check out the Dust Palace?

MrDaravon

Seems like tonight is probably going to be hard to get stuff going with all of the infection stuff happening, but since I'm home sick might as well try to knock some stuff out. I still have a decent checklist of stuff to do to 100% clear out my quest logs before RoI, anyone down for stuff (PS4)? My list:

Hunter - Aetheon kill (NTTE quest)
Hunter - Heroic Strikes/Crucible wins for FWC faction item quest
Hunter - Warpriest CM (last thing I need for MoT)

Titan - 7 orbs generated with Fist of Havoc on a Strike 3 times
Titan - Complete Challenge of Elders (I already did 41 CoE with matchmaking)
Titan - 3 wins with a Fireteam in the Crucible (Impress Lord Shaxx quest)
Titan - 20 arc grenade Crucible kills (followed by 30 FoH Crucible multikills)
Titan - 20 solar grenade Crucible kills (followed by 30 HoS Crucible multikills)
Titan - 20 void grenade Crucible kills (followed by 15 Crucible kills when bufffed by WoD)

Warlock - 3 wins with a Fireteam in the Crucible (Impress Lord Shaxx quest)
Warlock - Complete Challenge of Elders (I already did 41 CoE with matchmaking)
Warlock - Kill 20 enemies when surrounded by Radiance on a Strike
Warlock - 7 orbs generated with Nova Bomb on a Strike 3 times

My Hunter is my main character so she's top priority along with Warpriest CM to wrap up MoT. The crucible stuff is all annoying but lowest priority. I need a fireteam though for the CoE stuff (since my Titan & Warlock are only at ~310 or so), and the Strike subclass stuff will be significantly easier with a fireteam since you can cheese the Earth strike for that one IIRC (it's been a long time), especially for the Nova Bomb and Fist of Havoc ones. As far as I remember from back in the day the reasonable/cheap way to get those ones is the Prime strike and you just backtrack to the starting area for Patrol on Earth and multikill the 3 Hive Majors underground, unless there's a better way that's been found since then?

MrDaravon

Ha, I got a 10 kill streak just now and Lord S screamed NEVER STOP KILLING or something. It seemed a little OTT.

I actually LOL'd at this. This is the kind of over the top shit I feel like they just need to go full hog with and embrace at this point in the Crucible. I'd be way more into it.

I love it when video game companies respect your time by allowing you to buy your way to the top. I'd rather give my money to activision that some kids on a Destiny boosting web site.

I have no issue with the rep boosters in Destiny, but I think being able to "buy your way to the top" can become problematic and disrespect player's time if done incorrectly. Paying to speed up progression can lead to shitty games where the balance is skewed so that without boosters you don't feel like you're making reasonable progress. I don't think Destiny suffers from this, but I think it's worth pointing out that danger.

Servbot24

Banned
I downloaded Destiny and am starting it for the first time. No idea what this game is other than a sci-fi FPS with online components. Here we go. :p

I've never hip fired TLW. Never thought it was worth it.

Also how do I get infected. Give me that SIVA.
That's because it isn't worth it atm ):

Literally a gun all about hip fire, where its main perk affects hip fire, and hip fire is worthless. Makes sense.

Zocano

No. Only shotguns need nerfing.

While I'm hesitant to agree, I never liked power weapons on spawn. Honestly think we should never spawn with special ammo but make it "dropped" on kill with a few more spawn locations for it that alternate.

That's because it isn't worth it atm ):

Literally a gun all about hip fire, where its main perk affects hip fire, and hip fire is worthless. Makes sense.

No, I meant before it was denutted.

Top Bottom