• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

While I'm hesitant to agree, I never liked power weapons on spawn. Honestly think we should never spawn with special ammo but make it "dropped" on kill with a few more spawn locations for it that alternate.
They tried not having special spawn with you at the start of the match in 3s.

It failed miserably.

3s? The elim playlist?

Also why did it fail.
All 3s modes, so salvage, skirmish, and elimination/trials.

It failed because people would just use Ice Breaker or sidearms to get ammo anyways. And if they didn't do that, it led to people just camping the back of the map the whole time waiting for special to pop.

They nerfed the IB and sidearm stuff, but it would lead to even more people just waiting for special. It just leads to more boring gameplay.

Deku Tree

stakes are high

butterlogo.jpg

Wicked and Igor and a lot of other PvPers who are still around still run TLW. I think they say you basically have to just ADS with it now. And you have to be aware that it's not a sniper anymore. It's a lot worse than it was but it still recks.

Zocano

All 3s modes, so salvage, skirmish, and elimination/trials.

It failed because people would just use Ice Breaker or sidearms to get ammo anyways. And if they didn't do that, it led to people just camping the back of the map the whole time waiting for special to pop.

They nerfed the IB and sidearm stuff, but it would lead to even more people just waiting for special. It just leads to more boring gameplay.

Well it was always inherently flawed to have power weapons on spawn so

Reap what you sow, I guess.

Either nerf the shit out of them so they aren't a problem (and thus make the game less diverse) or have degenerate power weapons everywhere.

_____

I still run TLW most of the time and rock with it just fine. Like Deku said, you just have to know its limitations.

BLU-82

Who wants to swap spit?
I caught brilliance and glory..

FYI Me and Mindlog just tried to exchange and couldn't. Not in patrol, private crucible or prison of elders. However, I have managed to transfer my infection to people who didn't have any to begin with...

Splendor 2.6 log is up
Records of the Vanguard, OS-I6 1
CY6: I don't see the harm in it. A little mysterious fun, some ka-ching to our usual pew-pew. Didn't you take candy from strangers, when you were newborn in the Light?
ZAV: No. I did not.
IR: This isn't candy, Cayde. The Owl Sector reports a highly contagious armor systems override. If you'd stop clowning for a moment and think—
ZAV: What protocols are the Owl Sector implementing? IR: The Liaison asked me what to do.
CY6: That's a new one.
IR: Both the Owl Sector and my Hidden have been unable to gain control of these overrides. I suggest quarantine as a stopgap.
CY6: Lodging an objection, based on previous experience.
ZAV: She's right, though. It's the best option at the moment.
IR: The only option.

MrDaravon

Myself and 2 randoms picked up Brilliance 3.2 on the Echo Chamber strike randomly halfway through so it's not Crucible-only apparently (or at least for that one).

Strider

IMO it was a backtrack for crucible when they toned down special ammo. Crucible is more fun when you have all your options available to you. This was a terrible way to "nerf" snipers when in reality they should've just toned down AA (at least I think I remember that being the reason for that change).

Also never really been a fan of the "nerf shotguns" movement ... Just buff primaries so you can actually deal with them before they reach you (if they are just sprinting around like idiots which is what most people do)... As of right now guns just shoot blanks at em.... :/

Anyway crucible is in its best shape and most fun when people have more incentive to move around the map. That includes weapon balancing and I'd much rather have most people moving around the map with a shotty rather than scoping corners with a sniper.

TL:DR don't nerf shottys buff primaries.

whatev tho I'm kinda done with crucible I've tried to get back into it but in the end it's just nowhere near as fun for me as it used to be... I'm all in on PvE for RoI and I have high hopes for destiny 2 PvP.

kidko

Weirdly enough, as it's been a strictly PvE gun to me all year, I've been having great games with my Hung Jury lately. The insane stability just makes headshots at normal sniper range cake.

shingi70

Banned
Thanks for the Vault of Glass run guys, my girlfriend appreciated it too, and was glad you guys were nice and not assholes.

Sorry about the internet drops on our part, seems every so often I have major internet trouble in a deadzone

Clunker

Thanks for the Vault of Glass run guys, my girlfriend appreciated it too, and was glad you guys were nice and not assholes.

Sorry about the internet drops on our part, seems every so often I have major internet trouble in a deadzone
No prob! I love VoG and glad to have the chance to run it on Xbox now. If you two ever want to run again, or try Crota, throw me a line.

Zocano

i barely did anything but thanks for the loot zocano and ori0n378e

the swords make short work of Dust Palace so

They need to restore the Holy Trinity to its former glory. :(

Eh. I always thought they were problematic as far as PvP goes. TLW's TTK was too high, Thorn was annoyingly awful, and Hawkmoon 1HKO was too often.

I still think Thorn should have been a weaker gun that you have to apply stacks to kill. It'd be more reliable kills but you'd have to land more shots.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
the swords make short work of Dust Palace so

Eh. I always thought they were problematic as far as PvP goes. TLW's TTK was too high, Thorn was annoyingly awful, and Hawkmoon 1HKO was too often.

I still think Thorn should have been a weaker gun that you have to apply stacks to kill. It'd be more reliable kills but you'd have to land more shots.
Hawkmoon was completely fine after the update that made OHKO entirely impossible.

that was fun, hadn't done it on xbox, so it was cool. got vision of confluence for nostalgia

You around? Free to run now if we want to get this together.

edit: ^Use that Void Armor perk for this nightfall, it can be rough.

hey sorry just saw this, I'm not able to hop on now and he wants his IRL friend to also try. ugh hopefully this upcoming week I can carve out time for him

SaviourMK2

Hello again.

Trying again today, does anyone have the post Golgoroth checkpoint I can use? I need to get the two fragments found after him (I somehow missed them) during the pathway after you beat him and the jumping puzzle.
If you can please throw me a message! I'll be doing some Court or Crucible in the meantime
PSN: SaviourMK2

Top Bottom