• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Y'all are gonn get infected and I'm gonna have to clean up the mess.
giphy.gif

We're already zombies, but we can let zombie space AIDS spread!

MrDaravon

Not content to just get teabagged by redbar invincible kids as well as have the game crash on me at the end of strikes (Firefly glitch), the game finally gives me two decent randoms who for some reason after 2 or 3 solid strikes (done quickly and well, no deaths all around really etc) decide to intentionally try to kill me by sparrowing me into ledges/walls, I died once and they teabagged me and ran off etc. At the end of the Alak-Hul strike where after intentionally literally doing nothing the entire fight they are running circles around the entire arena stopping only to revive me. I rubber banded my controller to run circles which worked for a good while but the boss eventually tagged me and they haven't bothered to revive me, but they are still running circles and avoiding the boss.

They have been doing this for over 20 minutes now.

I don't fucking understand people. I mean I could quit out and I'd lose my Vanguard bonus which is stupid as hell but other than that whatever, but I want to wait this out and see how long they do this. I have no messages from them, other than wanting me to leave to get a friend in without losing their vanguard bonus why would someone waste so much time on this? Reported both of them which I usually don't bother doing, but being outright dicks in PvE is a fucked move IMO.

I think I need to take a break from this game, can't seem to get anything going with what I'm missing and keep getting dicks in PvP AND PvE now which is impressive. Actually kinda bummed at this point RoI hits next week, feel like I need a breather at this point lol.

Makikou

Anyone feeling a little bit hype deflated since it feels like everything about the expansion is already on YouTube?

Might also be because I dont have a fireteam guaranteed so I might probably need to slog the content solo.

OH, and my highest level character is 305, what should I do to prepare for RoI?

Not content to just get teabagged by redbar invincible kids as well as have the game crash on me at the end of strikes (Firefly glitch), the game finally gives me two decent randoms who for some reason after 2 or 3 solid strikes (done quickly and well, no deaths all around really etc) decide to intentionally try to kill me by sparrowing me into ledges/walls, I died once and they teabagged me and ran off etc. At the end of the Alak-Hul strike where after intentionally literally doing nothing the entire fight they are running circles around the entire arena stopping only to revive me. I rubber banded my controller to run circles which worked for a good while but the boss eventually tagged me and they haven't bothered to revive me, but they are still running circles and avoiding the boss.

I don't fucking understand people. I mean I could quit out and I'd lose my Vanguard bonus which is stupid as hell but other than that whatever, but I want to wait this out and see how long they do this. I have no messages from them, other than wanting me to leave to get a friend in without losing their vanguard bonus why would someone waste so much time on this? Reported both of them which I usually don't bother doing, but being outright dicks in PvE is a fucked move IMO.

I think I need to take a break from this game, can't seem to get anything going with what I'm missing and keep getting dicks in PvP AND PvE now which is impressive. Actually kinda bummed at this point RoI hits next week, feel like I need a breather at this point lol.
Wow, this sucks. I get a lot of asshole teammates while doing Heroic Strikes, and it came to a point where I won't do them without having at least one person I know on my fireteam.

Anyone feeling a little bit hype deflated since it feels like everything about the expansion is already on YouTube?

Might also be because I dont have a fireteam guaranteed so I might probably need to slog the content solo.

OH, and my highest level character is 305, what should I do to prepare for RoI?

Hoard legendary and exotic engrams, don't decrypt them. If you want progression play raid and COE.

Just asking one more time before I go along with this solo, if anyone who has been meaning to play through The Taken King content but hasn't yet wants to jump in tonight (PSN: Leonidas2123) let me know, I'm about to start it.

Renoir

so i had this game for a couple of weeks now. loving it. dont know why i didnt play this earlier... (i was playing division). Now i made the switch to destiny i cant go back . Any way ROI is coming soon i got 295 light, what should i do to get my light up? Also, been wanting a dreadfang, but variks dont want to give the quest.. watsup with that?

so i had this game for a couple of weeks now. loving it. dont know why i didnt play this earlier... (i was playing division). Now i made the switch to destiny i cant go back . Any way ROI is coming soon i got 295 light, what should i do to get my light up? Also, been wanting a dreadfang, but variks dont want to give the quest.. watsup with that?

Right now due to ROI pre-patch changes leveling up from 260+ is harder, the only way are raids and COE sadly. For the dreadfang quest make sure you finish The Taken King campaign and then the follow up quests, the quest chain starts with At the Gates.

MrDaravon

Wow, this sucks. I get a lot of asshole teammates while doing Heroic Strikes, and it came to a point where I won't do them without having at least one person I know on my fireteam.

They finally stopped and killed the boss and immediately left lol. I have no idea. So fucking weird. Like I get people just being terrible at Strikes and I have a pretty high tolerance for that usually so long as they're obviously playing/trying, but I think this may be the first time I had anything like this happen. Back to doing patrols instead I guess.

They finally stopped and killed the boss and immediately left lol. I have no idea. So fucking weird. Like I get people just being terrible at Strikes and I have a pretty high tolerance for that usually so long as they're obviously playing/trying, but I think this may be the first time I had anything like this happen. Back to doing patrols instead I guess.
Sorry you had to experience that.

Jblanks

Recently returned after not playing for like 8 months, and have gotten my ll up to 327. Since I've been gone for so long, I'm trying to figure out the meta and what to use and not too. I've tried playing the crucible; which I used to look forward to playing, but every game has just been a struggle, so I've just stopped playing it. Just doesn't seem like it used to, which is unfortunate. The rest of the other stuff is good though, since I missed the April update and I'm really looking forward to next Tuesday.

P.S: reading up on the 'ghost-bullets', and damn that's a shame, HCs were my favourite gun type easily, with Hawkmoon being my favourite gun, but it's not very viable now.

GorillaJu

Recently returned after not playing for like 8 months, and have gotten my ll up to 327. Since I've been gone for so long, I'm trying to figure out the meta and what to use and not too. I've tried playing the crucible; which I used to look forward to playing, but every game has just been a struggle, so I've just stopped playing it. Just doesn't seem like it used to, which is unfortunate. The rest of the other stuff is good though, since I missed the April update and I'm really looking forward to next Tuesday.

P.S: reading up on the 'ghost-bullets', and damn that's a shame, HCs were my favourite gun type easily, with Hawkmoon being my favourite gun, but it's not very viable now.

"ghost bullets" is just what people call cone of accuracy. Hand cannons are still top tier weapons. Maybe not hawkmoon, but Finnala's Peril, Lord High Fixer, Eyasluna and TLW all get heavy use from the best players.

I've been saying that for months about the Netduma lol

That's why I picked it up.

Unfortunately, I could not get matches with it in any form of consistent manner without expanding to ridiculous amounts of range.

Price of living where I live I suppose.

Think it's fine for most people though

So how hard is it to complete my last two moments of triumph. The Sword Logic and Eris Morn's Revenge. Anyone else missing those wanting to form a group to complete the raid?

Jblanks

"ghost bullets" is just what people call cone of accuracy. Hand cannons are still top tier weapons. Maybe not hawkmoon, but Finnala's Peril, Lord High Fixer, Eyasluna and TLW all get heavy use from the best players.

Hmm need to get one of these then, I have TLW but don't like it. RNGsus I need you! Although I still probably have to obtain the right roll and everything... w/e I'll just wait for the new weapons Tuesday.

Dmax3901

Bit the bullet and bought taken king. I wanna wrap up all the vanilla content if I can, anyone feel like helping out with some boring Mars strikes?

Number45

Wait, what's this glowy shit I'm seeing?

I've watched the trailers only. Intentionally avoided all of the YT stuff that's gone up this week.

Nags

Banned

I had basically the exact same experience as you, about 9 months ago but in a different strike. I could tell they were just trying to get me to leave the fireteam, but I wouldn't budge. So I just let them do their shit until they got bored and left. It was really bizarre.

robo

Well my warlock has got about 3 more patrols to get him to just before vanguard level up, she is full on nearly everything else.

Hunter can only do coe and the raid, close on everything else.

Titan can do coe and that's it I think.

Hopefully gonna get a raid done tomorrow and maybe another on Sunday.

That I think will be it until Tuesday cos everything is as close as I can get without going over on all three.

Did the Crucible ghosts last night so roll on Tuesday 6pm uk time.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games everyone.

Time to retire my titan for some time. Going to work on either hunter or warlock for pvp now.

Top Bottom