• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

NastyBook

GGs. Guess I'll carry on the Titan mantle now.
wtzgU.gif

glaurung

Sooooooo...

I logged off before that space syphilis thing got discovered in the Crucible. Is this the event? Is it just until RoI launches or will it become a permanent fixture?

Zakalwe

Banned
That's because it isn't worth it atm ):

Literally a gun all about hip fire, where its main perk affects hip fire, and hip fire is worthless. Makes sense.

It is worth it. Being able to quick fire without aim is still a benefit, and it still kills incredibly quickly from the hip.

I mix up hip and aim depending on the encounter, but hip is absolutely still worth it if your target is close.

For close encounters: Usually the best bet is to start from the hip to ensure you get the first shot or two first, then switch to aim smoothly while you're holding down auto. I find the mix of benefits works brilliantly.

For longer range: ads full auto is brutal.

Zocano

Maybe one day I'll see one of the Prison of Elders exotics again.

Sooooooo...

I logged off before that space syphilis thing got discovered in the Crucible. Is this the event? Is it just until RoI launches or will it become a permanent fixture?

Yes, they will have silly sparks floating around everyone's head for the next year.

Dibbs

The High Value Target quest is just awful. Horrific. Only two more targets on Moon to go, but the tedious feeling of doing a chore is there. Doing 20 patrols of finding Husks or scouting enemy bases with the chance of one patrol being a high value target? Yay.

The High Value Target quest is just awful. Horrific. Only two more targets on Moon to go, but the tedious feeling of doing a chore is there. Doing 20 patrols of finding Husks or scouting enemy bases with the chance of one patrol being a high value target? Yay.

Those patrol RNG missions including the Sleeper Simulant quests are the absolute lows of Destiny, even worse than the sword mats grind, at least those are consistent with a planet material ghost.

Shito

Didn't find that one to be too bad, but I was a patrol junkie at one point so I knew all about them and where to get them.
The warsat public events one, though...

Jinjo

Just go back to Orbit and land again if there are no high value target missions on the main areas of the planet.

Re; Bungie revealing too much through Youtubers:

I agree, it kinda ruins the sense of exploration and surprise etc. when all the big (and even lesser known) youtubers all have detailed walkthroughs of the new social space, the new strike, 1 of the 2 revamped strikes and the first (of 5 story missions) with full commentary.

A "Friends & Family" Beta is perfect, but keep that shit under NDA. Don't let streamers/youtubers run free and allow them to make detailed vids about it, or atleast not let them publish it until release. I get that it's cheap marketing, but it's annoying to the 'regular' community, especially if you do want to avoid spoilers. That shit ruined Dark Souls 3 for me tbh (and by ruined, I mean severely lessened the exploration & discovery experience for me). One could even argue if it's effective marketing as the content is probably not interesting for the non-invested players. For me, the amazing launch trailer got me way more hyped than a boring youtuber talking over some gameplay and then let it just play out with no commentary for the remaining 10 minutes of the vid.

JJShadow

For the High Value Targets mission, always aim for these icon missions:

In those ones, you're always going to find a HV target, whereas in the missions with the skull you may or may not find it. If you land on a planet and cannot find any of them, just come back to orbit and land again

Zakalwe

Banned
Xur is here!

Primary Exotic engram

Or

5 x 3oC

?

I'll very likely get 3-4 exotic engrams from 25 coins, so it seems like a no brainier...

T-0800

Just go back to Orbit and land again if there are no high value target missions on the main areas of the planet.

Re; Bungie revealing too much through Youtubers:

I agree, it kinda ruins the sense of exploration and surprise etc. when all the big (and even lesser known) youtubers all have detailed walkthroughs of the new social space, the new strike, 1 of the 2 revamped strikes and the first (of 5 story missions) with full commentary.

A "Friends & Family" Beta is perfect, but keep that shit under NDA. Don't let streamers/youtubers run free and allow them to make detailed vids about it, or atleast not let them publish it until release. I get that it's cheap marketing, but it's annoying to the 'regular' community, especially if you do want to avoid spoilers. That shit ruined Dark Souls 3 for me tbh (and by ruined, I mean severely lessened the exploration & discovery experience for me). One could even argue if it's effective marketing as the content is probably not interesting for the non-invested players. For me, the amazing launch trailer got me way more hyped than a boring youtuber talking over some gameplay and then let it just play out with no commentary for the remaining 10 minutes of the vid.

Don't watch them.

In regards to these infeconfettions, some speculation...

Anyone else also guessing that this ARG is designed to eventually unlock the new room that was found under the Dust Palace, post-update? The text that is continuously unlocking keeps making more and more references to it, Clovis Bray, and the infections themselves. Perhaps we'll get a little new mission to do on Monday or something? Could just be talking out of my ass but this definitely is leading somewhere.

Jinjo

Don't watch them.

Mostly I haven't, but it shouldn't be a thing to be begin with. If nothing else it's the amount that got revealed/exposed.

Plus, people post about it everywhere, even on GAF, so certain things are tough to avoid..

JJShadow

I managed to get an Oryx HM CP and I was wondering if anyone would be down to kill this bitch during the weekend, let's say Saturday around 6:30-7pm BST? Need it for one of my MoTs and the challenge, and now that I'm 327 LL and have BS, SS... maybe I'm not that much of a burden :p

To sum up:

Oryx Hard Mode (including CM) - Saturday 6:30pm BST (UK time) - PS4
1. JJShadow (JJShadow77)

Experienced sherpas needed as well!

glaurung

I managed to get an Oryx HM CP and I was wondering if anyone would be down to kill this bitch during the weekend, let's say Saturday around 6:30-7pm BST? Need it for one of my MoTs and the challenge, and now that I'm 327 LL and have BS, SS... maybe I'm not that much of a burden :p

To sum up:

1. JJShadow (JJShadow77)

I can come and help you guys if you need it. Don't sign me up just yet, but feel free to ping me tomorrow if you need to fill a spot.

I can also talk your heads off again :)

To sum up:

1. JJShadow (JJShadow77)

If it can be one hour earlier count on me.

To sum up:

1. JJShadow (JJShadow77)

I'll play if I don't get a full Kings Fall HM raid later today.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

To sum up:

1. JJShadow (JJShadow77)

I am in. Psn: thenegativedude

Jinjo

Do the CM calcified fragments also drop in normal mode KF or only in hard mode? If so, what's the recommended minimum light level?

Normal mode too. Recommended light for that is about 290-300. One seperate part of the Triumphs is also to complete Oryx on Hard though, I think. For HM you can get by with 305 light. 310 for Oryx is preferred but you'll level up super quick with all the CM drops before him.

glaurung

Do the CM calcified fragments also drop in normal mode KF or only in hard mode? If so, what's the recommended minimum light level?
Pretty sure you get the Calcified Fragments for the challenges also on normal mode.

Most people I know completed the normal mode King's Fall at a light level ~290. Nowadays it should be pretty easy to get there.

Ambitious

Normal mode too. Recommended light for that is about 290-300. One seperate part of the Triumphs is also to complete Oryx on Hard though, I think.

Pretty sure you get the Calcified Fragments for the challenges also on normal mode.

Most people I know completed the normal mode King's Fall at a light level ~290. Nowadays it should be pretty easy to get there.

Good. I won't have much time to play this weekend, so I was worried I'd have to get to ~330 for the challenges (I'm ~310). Good to hear I won't have to.

Firthy

I just need HM Kings Fall completion to finish my Moments of Triumph, does anyone have an Oryx HM checkpoint I could grab please?

Jinjo

Good. I won't have much time to play this weekend, so I was worried I'd have to get to ~330 for the challenges (I'm ~310). Good to hear I won't have to.

Nah, it's pretty doable. You can start at 290 even on HM, get carried through the first CM's with a decent team and by the time you're at Oryx you're probably high enough level.

Unfortunately my PS4 is still on the fritz, otherwise I would have offered to help. Maybe if it gets back today I'll be able too, but I don't expect it until monday.

BTW, does ROI go up at reset or is it around normal IB introduction time? (10 am PST I think, instead of 2 AM PST reset)

Top Bottom