• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Ambitious

Nah, it's pretty doable. You can start at 290 even on HM, get carried through the first CM's with a decent team and by the time you're at Oryx you're probably high enough level.

Unfortunately my PS4 is still on the fritz, otherwise I would have offered to help. Maybe if it gets back today I'll be able too, but I don't expect it until monday.

BTW, does ROI go up at reset or is it around normal IB introduction time? (10 am PST I think, instead of 2 AM PST reset)

Yeah, I finished HM KF a few times. At least once I even did it with your group. I just didn't know whether they raised the light level requirements during my absence, and whether there are different requirements for the challenges.

ori0n378e

Looking to do NM KF Raid this Saturday @ 8am Mountain Time. Need CM on Golgoroth and Oryx. I too need a HM Oryx kill but assume the challenge mode on hard is harder so would rather just do CM on NM Oryx, then do a HM Oryx kill.

1: ori0n378e
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

P.S. Anyone got a HM Oryx check point?

Feorax

If anyone in Shoot First Kiss Later by any chance still needs the strength of the pack trophy, I'm going to try and get it done shortly. Probably just going to run the nexus quickly.

Ambitious

Looking to do NM KF Raid this Saturday @ 8am Mountain Time. Need CM on Golgoroth and Oryx. I too need a HM Oryx kill but assume the challenge mode on hard is harder so would rather just do CM on NM Oryx, then do a HM Oryx kill.

2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

I need CM for all three bosses. But 8am is too early for me; I won't be at home before 10am (probably more like 12am). And I'm quite rusty - haven't played this since December or so.

JJShadow

I can come and help you guys if you need it. Don't sign me up just yet, but feel free to ping me tomorrow if you need to fill a spot.

I can also talk your heads off again :)

You're very welcome, it would be nice to get my first Oryx HM under your guidance too :p I'll ping you tomorrow if we need one more

If it can be one hour earlier count on me.

Check telegram!

I'll play if I don't get a full Kings Fall HM raid later today.

Ok, let me know later and I'll put you in

I just need HM Kings Fall completion to finish my Moments of Triumph, does anyone have an Oryx HM checkpoint I could grab please?

2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

I have an Oryx HM CP guys, I'll be online this afternoon from 6-7pm BST if you want to grab it, PSN is JJShadow77

Or as an alternative, you could join our Oryx HM Kill scheduled for tomorrow at 6:30 pm BST:

Oryx Hard Mode (including CM) - Saturday 6:30pm BST (UK time) - PS4
1. JJShadow (JJShadow77)
2. SlimySnake (thenegativedude)

Feorax

1. JJShadow (JJShadow77)

I can help with this. I've done Oryx HM CM before, though not for a while so I'm a little rusty.

PSN is MattIgoe.

lvb

Neo Member
I have a hunter at LL315 but have never raided, have no idea of the mechanics etc. What's the best place to start if I'm looking to try and get one done before ROI drops?

I have a hunter at LL315 but have never raided, have no idea of the mechanics etc. What's the best place to start if I'm looking to try and get one done before ROI drops?

Look for a normal-mode (NM) raid posting for your platform. if you're on XBone you maywill need to be more proactive.

*exotic special engram drops*

S0MlNNV.png

*decrypts into another 4th horseman*

8rZczQO.png

glaurung

*exotic special engram drops*

S0MlNNV.png

*decrypts into another 4th horseman*

8rZczQO.png
Still hunting for that Trespasser?

I struck RNG gold with that. Logged on after the update, took a single special exotic engram from my vault, walked over to the Cryptarch and bam - Trespasser.

I still contend that the first ornament for Trespasser is bugged, it looks disgustingly bad.

Still hunting for that Trespasser?

I struck RNG gold with that. Logged on after the update, took a single special exotic engram from my vault, walked over to the Cryptarch and bam - Trespasser.

I still contend that the first ornament for Trespasser is bugged, it looks disgustingly bad.

I usually try my luck when I get them. Gotta love Smart Loot™.

Renoir

question. How do you get the rewards from a strike playlist? I never get the legendary marks or engrams when I do them, am i missing a step?

question. How do you get the rewards from a strike playlist? I never get the legendary marks or engrams when I do them, am i missing a step?

I'm getting legendary from the boss but I hardly ever get them from the post-screens. I'm chalking this up as another post-patch bug.

You're only guaranteed 1 legendary engram per character per week I believe is how it goes. You get legendary marks 3x 10 (total of 30) per week. If you aren't getting those it's because the update last week screwed up a bunch of stuff, including that. So hopefully when RoI releases it's fixed.

PSN is down for everybody right now, right?

Finding it a bit ridiculous that the same error code for PSN being down is also the, "you're IP banned" error code.

I got in, maybe you are IB banned?
Yup, looks like I'm IP banned.

So I had to sign into my account using my phone's LTE, and for one reason or another, despite having two-step authentication, they want me to change my password to something it's never been before. Even after doing that, I'm still IP banned.

Based Sony. This is the service I'm paying an annual fee for. Thank you so much.

Edit: My current IP is blacklisted by SORBS, likely PSN's anti-DDOS service. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

If I buy the Destiny collection will I be able to play Rise of Iron content with my brothers, or do I have to complete all the previous quests and stuff first?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If anyone in Shoot First Kiss Later by any chance still needs the strength of the pack trophy, I'm going to try and get it done shortly. Probably just going to run the nexus quickly.

If you still need it by then I can help out when I get home.

glaurung

If I buy the Destiny collection will I be able to play Rise of Iron content with my brothers, or do I have to complete all the previous quests and stuff first?
You get a single booster to get one character to level 40 immediately, with mediocre loot on top of that.

You can then start Rise of Iron content right away. And once that's done, go back and do all the remaining story afterward.

Geist-

I believe it comes with a booster that ranks you to level 40, so you should be fine to play the RoI quests, but you'll need to rank up light to do strikes/raids/nightfall.

You get a single booster to get one character to level 40 immediately, with mediocre loot on top of that.

You can then start Rise of Iron content right away. And once that's done, go back and do all the remaining story afterward.

I believe it comes with a booster that ranks you to level 40, so you should be fine to play the RoI quests, but you'll need to rank up light to do strikes/raids/nightfall.

thanks

Renoir

so the playlist thing is broken... sux. im trying to get pass 296 light though, i was banking on playing those playlist...

so the playlist thing is broken... sux. im trying to get pass 296 light though, i was banking on playing those playlist...

Yeah...I think the only way you can get proper light level stuff until it's fixed is through strike specific drop items (grasp of malok, treads upon stars...those type of items) and faction rank up packages also give proper light level gear. Also exotic engrams I believe still drop at the right levels. People have said to run CoE but I have yet to do it so I don't know for certain if the rewards are proper for that or not.

void666

Banned
Man, this stupid ARG thing got me pumped. Yesterday i was supposed to play mirror's edge catalyst. The game i had just bought. But no, destiny won't allow it.
I just want to go home and catch more space aids.

Firthy

I have an Oryx HM CP guys, I'll be online this afternoon from 6-7pm BST if you want to grab it, PSN is JJShadow77

Or as an alternative, you could join our Oryx HM Kill scheduled for tomorrow at 6:30 pm BST:

1. JJShadow (JJShadow77)

I'm not usually available until 8pm UK time so I won't be able to join the Oryx HM kill tomorrow, but I really appreciate you sharing the checkpoint and will jump on and grab it around 6pm today if you are online, I have sent you a friend request :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks to Looney and others that helped me with the challenge run today. Appreciated.
Great job on the relic!
You need Antiquated Runes for T3 CoO. Do you have any? If not, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvGXlRvmqYQ.

Oryx Hard Mode, talk to Hawkian. He's running a newb raid, can't recall if it's HM or not, though.
Newb raids are never HM- it's not uncommon for it to be the first time running that activity or even first time raiding at all for one or more people in the group, and the ability to revive keeps the frustration low. Luckily you can get the Challenge Mode fragments even in NM.

I am thinking about trying to set up a "helper raid" for HM/CM tonight however, if there are people willing to help. Basically I'm thinking two slots in the fireteam for "needers" and 4 "helpers," and we should still be able to get through HM relatively quickly. I'm waiting on a response from someone who needs it to see about timing.

Firthy

Great job on the relic!

Newb raids are never HM- it's not uncommon for it to be the first time running that activity or even first time raiding at all for one or more people in the group, and the ability to revive keeps the frustration low. Luckily you can get the Challenge Mode fragments even in NM.

I am thinking about trying to set up a "helper raid" for HM/CM tonight however, if there are people willing to help. Basically I'm thinking two slots in the fireteam for "needers" and 4 "helpers," and we should still be able to get through HM relatively quickly. I'm waiting on a response from someone who needs it to see about timing.

Myself and my friend would be super interested in this, we only need HM Kings Fall to complete our Moments of Triumph :)

demonkaze

Great job on the relic!

Me (332), my brother (330) and our friend (326) have been trying to do KF/CM/HM for a long time now and can never find some help. I've done the Normal mode of KF once and thats it, none of us experience with anything else. We only need these for our MoT so if we could get in on this we'd definitely be interested. We all have mics too if that helps.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Great job on the relic!

I need to kill Oryx on Hard mode so if you get this going I am in to help.

I have done all the challenge modes and have beaten Warpriest and Golgorath on Hard mode.

PSN: TheNegativeDude

Top Bottom