• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Anyone on Xbone that needs help with Year 2 Moments, I'll be around after about 6pm MDT. Happy to help with literally anything. Gt is HippoAvenger, just shoot me a message and as long as I'm not currently helping others, I'll lend a hand!

Since Rise of Iron is opening at 5am my time on Tuesday I extended my week vacation by a day to cover all of Tuesday lol. Can't imagine trudging through work until Tuesday afternoon. Awwyisss

JJShadow

I'm not usually available until 8pm UK time so I won't be able to join the Oryx HM kill tomorrow, but I really appreciate you sharing the checkpoint and will jump on and grab it around 6pm today if you are online, I have sent you a friend request :)

Sure, no worries mate. I'll throw you an invite once I get home

I can help with this. I've done Oryx HM CM before, though not for a while so I'm a little rusty.

PSN is MattIgoe.

Nice! You're in

Oryx Hard Mode (including CM) - Saturday 6:30pm BST (UK time) - PS4
1. JJShadow (JJShadow77)
2. SlimySnake (thenegativedude)
3. Feorax (MattIgoe)

Experienced sherpas needed as well!

Nice! You're in

1. JJShadow (JJShadow77)
3. Feorax (MattIgoe)

If I'm online I'd be happy to help. I probably will be but I'm not 100%

Xeroblade

Streamer SayNoToRage's theory is that Bungie will lock (quarantine) all guardians infected out of the tower for a week. Would make sense with the lore that is going on with the ARG right now and this would allow Bungie to keep us from over leveling, faction boosting, before the raid. Seems like something Bungie would do.

Oh thank god. Nearly done with the Shaxx quest for MoT. Luckily they revised a lot of the requirements. I never would have been able to complete the original version. It has been a battle even on the easier version. At least crucible loot is better since I last played. I am still utterly baffled that going into year three, they still have not balanced shotguns. Can still run around, jump, and one shot kill from ridiculous range. Stupid pvp and pve linked balancing.

Still need to get a little more LL and then do Oryx HM and CoE sigil card. Anyone know if you just need a HM Oryx kill to complete the MoT or do you need to run the whole thing?

KF recommended light was 280, so you probably wanna be 370+ going in and hope you hit 380 nearing the final encounter. (KF was 290 going in, and around 300 for Oryx if you wanted to have a decent chance of beating it)

Yeah - good point - recommended light is usually for getting in the door - not killing the final boss.

PvP feels especially laggy today. Shotgun does no damage up close, titans teleporting with multiple melee hits in a row... And everyone's a green bar.

FyreWulff

Streamer SayNoToRage's theory is that Bungie will lock (quarantine) all guardians infected out of the tower for a week. Would make sense with the lore that is going on with the ARG right now and this would allow Bungie to keep us from over leveling, faction boosting, before the raid. Seems like something Bungie would do.

the ARG lore mentions "no off world missions", though. So if they're gonna do anything, it'll be locking everyone to earth (aka the new content)

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Oh thank god. Nearly done with the Shaxx quest for MoT. Thank god they revised a lot of the requirements. I never would have been able to complete the original version. It has been a battle even on the easier version. At least crucible loot is better since I last played. I am still utterly baffled that going into year three, they still have not balanced shotguns. Can still run around, jump, and one shot kill from ridiculous range. Stupid pvp and pve linked balancing.

Still need to get a little more LL and then do Oryx HM and CoE sigil card. Anyone know if you just need a HM Oryx kill to complete the MoT or do you need to run the whole thing?

you need to just kill Oryx on Hard mode for MoT. We are going to try and do it either tonight with hawkian and tomorrow with JJShadow.

Yeah, I ran this earlier this week on Monday thinking it was the last day to do the challenge mode and man did we struggle. you need at least three sherpas who know what they are doing and then we need to quickly identify the weak links and put them in roles they are most likely to succeed in. It took us nearly 2 hours to figure out who was struggling and by then it was too late. the hardest thing about HM are the knights but if you know where they spawn you can take them out with just two sniper headshots or one sleeper simulant shot.

glaurung

This would be both funny and sad if true.

All the greatest streamers would throw a hissy fit and go teabag DeeJ in real life. I would not put stock in this, but Bongo's ways are mysterious indeed.

I would rather theorize that having these mites will somehow enable you to access the secret mission on Mars. Somehow tied to either Tenebrous Tunnels or the Dust Palace strike.

Missing you tons, Drizz

Cse8cpWUAAAfRpc.jpg:large

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Myself and my friend would be super interested in this, we only need HM Kings Fall to complete our Moments of Triumph :)
I need to kill Oryx on Hard mode so if you get this going I am in to help.

I have done all the challenge modes and have beaten Warpriest and Golgorath on Hard mode.

PSN: TheNegativeDude

Me (332), my brother (330) and our friend (326) have been trying to do KF/CM/HM for a long time now and can never find some help. I've done the Normal mode of KF once and thats it, none of us experience with anything else. We only need these for our MoT so if we could get in on this we'd definitely be interested. We all have mics too if that helps.

Unfortunately HM KF is pretty rough going if you tip the scale with more than 3 players who are totally new to it. But depending on how things go it may be possible to lead two runs today. It looks like a lot of people are still missing the challenge calcified fragments and we are pretty down to the wire here.

I'm working from home but I may be able to help out with JJShadow's run that is apparently happening in a couple of hours if you guys can tolerate me going afk/being slow to respond every so often.

Here's a question about the tech mite swarms: has anyone here gotten a swarm and also has NOT pre-ordered Rise of Iron?

It occurs to me that with the chat logs hinting that Guardians may be prohibited from entering the tower, Rise of Iron conveniently offers a new social space where the infected could gather.

Maybe folks who have pre-ordered (and I'm assuming there's a lot of us) are the ones who can get infected?

Kukawaki

Nice! You're in

1. JJShadow (JJShadow77)
3. Feorax (MattIgoe)

I'd like to join and I have a friend who'd like to participate. PSN same as here.

PvP feels especially laggy today. Shotgun does no damage up close, titans teleporting with multiple melee hits in a row... And everyone's a green bar.

Yeah, I was like, did they fuck with the damage in this or something? So many insta-deaths where it's like F-THUP-THUP DEAD MIDA MULTI TOOL.

JJShadow

If I'm online I'd be happy to help. I probably will be but I'm not 100%

Thank you! I'll ping you tomorrow afternoon if you're online

you need to just kill Oryx on Hard mode for MoT. We are going to try and do it either tonight with hawkian and tomorrow with JJShadow.

Yeah, I ran this earlier this week on Monday thinking it was the last day to do the challenge mode and man did we struggle. you need at least three sherpas who know what they are doing and then we need to quickly identify the weak links and put them in roles they are most likely to succeed in. It took us nearly 2 hours to figure out who was struggling and by then it was too late. the hardest thing about HM are the knights but if you know where they spawn you can take them out with just two sniper headshots or one sleeper simulant shot.

Yeah, my friends and I have tried to get it done during this week but it's extremely difficult if you don't count with 2-3 sherpas in your fireteam who know what they're doing and carry the whole thing. It would be my first Oryx HM kill, but I'm quite familiar with all the mechanics (including knights spawning site) and finally have a decent LL/equipment

Unfortunately HM KF is pretty rough going if you tip the scale with more than 3 players who are totally new to it. But depending on how things go it may be possible to lead two runs today. It looks like a lot of people are still missing the challenge calcified fragments and we are pretty down to the wire here.

I'm working from home but I may be able to help out with JJShadow's run that is apparently happening in a couple of hours if you guys can tolerate me going afk/being slow to respond every so often.

It's not today but tomorrow Hawkian :) You're very welcome as well if you'd join us!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's not today but tomorrow Hawkian :) You're very welcome as well if you'd join us!
Unfortunately that'll be overlapping with the newbie raid scheduled for tomorrow.

I will see what I can make happen tonight though. Anyone who needs their challenges/HM clear and anyone willing to help others get them please stay tuned.

Mindlog

Here's a question about the tech mite swarms: has anyone here gotten a swarm and also has NOT pre-ordered Rise of Iron?

It occurs to me that with the chat logs hinting that Guardians may be prohibited from entering the tower, Rise of Iron conveniently offers a new social space where the infected could gather.

Maybe folks who have pre-ordered (and I'm assuming there's a lot of us) are the ones who can get infected?
I'm infected and haven't pre-ordered.

If anyone wants the buffs let me know. Got all 5 on my Titan thanks to Light and Bit.

bgbball31

I'm infected and haven't pre-ordered.

If anyone wants the buffs let me know. Got all 5 on my Titan thanks to Light and Bit.

I'd like them, please!

Unrelated side note, anyone available to help me with finishing my exotic sword quest? Need to kill Adleg and Alak-Hul within 30 second of one another, and with randoms that doesn't exactly go well.

PSN: bgbball

Anyone has details on how to get all of them,I only have 1.

Everyone seems fairly sure that once you have got "some" (1-5) in an activity then once that activity is finished you can't get any more.

I think the only/best way to get 5 is to get infected by someone who already has 5 or go into a PvP match and hope that you get all 5 from a combination of players.

Reddit will probably organise private matches to do this I expect!

Kukawaki

Cool! Is it your first time doing Oryx HM or are you both experienced with the fight? Just asking to see whether we need a sherpa for that last spot

I've done it before but it would be a first HM for my friend. I can also free up my spot for a sherpa :) I promissed my buddy I'd help him get a group tho :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'd like them, please!

Unrelated side note, anyone available to help me with finishing my exotic sword quest? Need to kill Adleg and Alak-Hul within 30 second of one another, and with randoms that doesn't exactly go well.

PSN: bgbball
Invite me and we can blast through this. my ingame friends list isn't working at all for a change.

edit: can't use my mic but I'll be able to hear you and I'll keep the names on my screen so I know which to leave alive, haha

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah, my friends and I have tried to get it done during this week but it's extremely difficult if you don't count with 2-3 sherpas in your fireteam who know what they're doing and carry the whole thing. It would be my first Oryx HM kill, but I'm quite familiar with all the mechanics (including knights spawning site) and finally have a decent LL/equipment
lol after spending 3 hours on it Monday night i feel like I have it down to a science. I somehow made warlocks be useful in the raid by nova bombing 2 out of the 4 ogres in every round. it gave people more time to locate and take out their knights. Sometimes i had enough for a third nova bomb for the vessel.

But since i dont need the fragment anymore i can run it as a titan or a hunter depending on the fireteam.

those damn taken that spawn with the knights are super annoying with their arc blasts. especially for people who have to get down from the platform and make their way to the middle. we had a few people die from their attacks so maybe it might be good to tether them as soon as they spawn.

Gutz was also tethering the Shadow of Oryx whenever he came inside. they took him out fast.

just some strategies to keep in mind.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow, I can't imagine having any warlocks not on self-res Sunsinger! These can also be used to bait the Shade of Oryx's sword slam (get killed on purpose and just res).

JJShadow

I've done it before but it would be a first HM for my friend. I can also free up my spot for a sherpa :) I promissed my buddy I'd help him get a group tho :p

No worries mate, there are still 3 available spots so I'll put you both in. I'll save that last one for glaurung or ninja_kn1ght to help us with some good guidance, so I think we are full!

1. JJShadow (JJShadow77)
3. Feorax (MattIgoe)
4. Kukawaki (Kukawaki)
5. Kukawaki's friend
6. glaurung / ninja_kn1ght

If anyone needs the CP to gather another group let me know, I'll be online in 2-3 hours and can share the CP

bgbball31

Invite me and we can blast through this. my ingame friends list isn't working at all for a change.

edit: can't use my mic but I'll be able to hear you and I'll keep the names on my screen so I know which to leave alive, haha

No problem. Anyone else? Also, I've got to use a mic right now that picks up everything, so sorry for background noise.

Top Bottom