• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

demonkaze

Need to do the CoO Tier III's as well, whats the best way of getting the runes? Trying to grind out the Tier I runes takes forever. My rep is only Level 3 so I can't buy it anyway.

Dez_

Unfortunately that'll be overlapping with the newbie raid scheduled for tomorrow.

I will see what I can make happen tonight though. Anyone who needs their challenges/HM clear and anyone willing to help others get them please stay tuned.

If you're looking for other people on the Oryx HM / CM kill, I can help. I will be available to help later this afternoon (west coast).

PSN: rcmDez

raindoc

Any raiding go on tonight? Finally got around to buy a new headset/mic.
Still need to get the NF done too.
PSN raindoc, LL 319

demonkaze

PSN raindoc, LL 319

If you manage to find a Raid, me and two friends (LL 332,330,326) need to do the raid. Only i've done KF NM once (with a GAF group no less) and they've never done it before but definitely up for it.

Hey Destiny folk. You guys probably don't remember me, because I'm either obsessed with Destiny or never ever playing, or thinking about it. There is no in between. But there is no denying that the few windows of playing I've had have been a ton of fun. Last year I grabbed it a couple months before TTK for the first time since a month or so after it released, had a TON of fun, actually managed to get my year one trials done before it released. Then a couple months with TTK were great. I stopped around December of last year or so, and haven't touched it since.

But this new expansion is peeking my interest once again. So if you will indulge me, what has changed? Is the game still as addicting as ever? How long would it take to catch up and be ready to play the new raid and be on reasonably equal footing with you guys who never stopped playing? What do you expect from the new exapansion? And most importantly, is my Hung Jury scout rifle from Dead Orbit still just as beautiful and beastly as I remember?

Just for reference, I believe the max level when I left was 310 (I was 306 or so) and the hard raid may or may not have been released, but I don't think I ever beat it.

Thanks all! Just wondering if I should jump back in or if I should just wait for Destiny 2

raindoc

PSN raindoc, LL 319

If you manage to find a Raid, me and two friends (LL 332,330,326) need to do the raid. Only i've done KF NM once (with a GAF group no less) and they've never done it before but definitely up for it.

I'm in for the raid too

Sorry peathon the thirst for loot is real

That was fast...

KF NM Raid
1) raindoc
2) demonkaze
3) dk +1
4) dk +2
5) dhruv_hanom
6) ...

When would you guys like to start? I'll be ready in about an hour or so and got all night to do this.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Whaaaat? Did it kick all of us out bgball???
Hey Destiny folk. You guys probably don't remember me, because I'm either obsessed with Destiny or never ever playing, or thinking about it. There is no in between. But there is no denying that the few windows of playing I've had have been a ton of fun. Last year I grabbed it a couple months before TTK for the first time since a month or so after it released, had a TON of fun, actually managed to get my year one trials done before it released. Then a couple months with TTK were great. I stopped around December of last year or so, and haven't touched it since.

But this new expansion is peeking my interest once again. So if you will indulge me, what has changed? Is the game still as addicting as ever? How long would it take to catch up and be ready to play the new raid and be on reasonably equal footing with you guys who never stopped playing? What do you expect from the new exapansion? And most importantly, is my Hung Jury scout rifle from Dead Orbit still just as beautiful and beastly as I remember?

Just for reference, I believe the max level when I left was 310 (I was 306 or so) and the hard raid may or may not have been released, but I don't think I ever beat it.

Thanks all! Just wondering if I should jump back in or if I should just wait for Destiny 2
It's a good time to jump in and your Hung Jury is still one of the best guns in the game.

No one will really know the best ways to gear back up yet until Tuesday.

Ambitious

Looking to do NM KF Raid this Saturday @ 8am Mountain Time. Need CM on Golgoroth and Oryx. I too need a HM Oryx kill but assume the challenge mode on hard is harder so would rather just do CM on NM Oryx, then do a HM Oryx kill.

1: ori0n378e
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

P.S. Anyone got a HM Oryx check point?

I need CM for all three bosses. But 8am is too early for me; I won't be at home before 10am (probably more like 12am). And I'm quite rusty - haven't played this since December or so.

Looks like I won't be able to play on Saturday at all. And neither on Sunday. Getting the remaining triumphs is gonna be a close call.

That was fast...

KF NM Raid
1) raindoc
2) demonkaze
3) dk +1
4) dk +2
5) dhruv_hanom
6) ...

When would you guys like to start? I'll be ready in about an hour or so and got all night to do this.

Raindoc, I've done both HM and NM several times but since I wiped my chars i'm barely 274. You'll most likely have to carry me i'm afraid. I'll back out if that's not okay with you.

SpecX

Unfortunately that'll be overlapping with the newbie raid scheduled for tomorrow.

I will see what I can make happen tonight though. Anyone who needs their challenges/HM clear and anyone willing to help others get them please stay tuned.

Put me down Hawk as a helper. I'll be online around 6 pm PDT tonight and can run the raid on either my Titan or Hunter if needed.

Shito

Missing you tons, Drizz

Cse8cpWUAAAfRpc.jpg:large
Awesome post.
Giving me wet eyes but comforting me at the same time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Put me down Hawk as a helper. I'll be online around 6 pm PDT tonight and can run the raid on either my Titan or Hunter if needed.
Sweet. Okay, will aim for around then.

If Dez is available then maybe the 3 of us can take 3 people that need it through.

raindoc

Raindoc, I've done both HM and NM several times but since I wiped my chars i'm barely 274. You'll most likely have to carry me i'm afraid

I don't mind. But having an experienced sherpa as #6 probably wouldn't hurt - I've only done NM twice, dk once, his friends zero.

EDIT: any quests you need to do/some help with to boost your LL?

demonkaze

I don't mind. But having an experienced sherpa as #6 probably wouldn't hurt - I've only done NM twice, dk once, his friends zero.

Hmm, I should have probably noted that we won't be free until about 10pm BST. If that's a problem or too late, feel free to replace us otherwise we'd be happy to go at that time.

raindoc

Hmm, I should have probably noted that we won't be free until about 10pm BST. If that's a problem or too late, feel free to replace us otherwise we'd be happy to go at that time.

It's 5:30 pm BST atm, right? Meaning T minus 4,5 hours? I'm good with that. Dhruv? Unnamed #6?

EDIT: I might be slightly drunk by that time. The GF just opened a bottle of wine.

EDIT: any quests you need to do/some help with to boost your LL?

Yes, need to get 5 calcified fragments, and the taken questline(i've just done venus)

Dunno how much that'll help tough

I'm okay with that. i'll try to boost my LL till then

demonkaze

Yes, need to get 5 calcified fragments, and the taken questline(i've just done venus)

Dunno how much that'll help tough

I'm okay with that. i'll try to boost my LL till then

Actually, now that I think about it, i'm pretty sure you were one of the people that helped me the one and only time I did KF lol.

So I got all the buffs on two characters but my main only got one last night and so I can't do the all at once trick.

Can I get more on my main now? How do you get more than 1 infection?

raindoc

KF NM Raid, starting around 10 pm BST (UTC+1, thats roughly 4 hours from when this was posted)
Still need a #6, preferably someone experienced

1) raindoc
2) demonkaze
3) dk +1
4) dk +2
5) dhruv_hanom
6) ...

Is anyone interested in doing Kings Fall Hard Mode with challenges later today 22 CEST (3 hours and 15 mins from time of this post)?
Did the raid 2 times on normal but want to get the hard raid trophy and do the challenges since they are avaiable this week and after ROI it'll be harder to find people for the old raid.
I have a LL 318 Titan and I need someone to guide us through the hard mode if possible.

Dez_

Did you get it bgbball? That last teleport uggggh

You're on the west coast?

Late start for me but if this isn't what Friday nights are for...

Yeah, I'm on west coast. I've got a few things to do early afternoon, but I'll be around probably at around 3pm pacific time in case anyone can start earlier. I understand you're on east coast time.

Vic_Viper

Have we figured out how to get the new Buffs like Splendor 2.6? Are they just transmitted through the crucible or is there any way to get them other than competitive modes?

Zakalwe

Banned
Have we figured out how to get the new Buffs like Splendor 2.6? Are they just transmitted through the crucible or is there any way to get them other than competitive modes?

Read the thread! :p

Orbs in PvE too.

Jumping back in after a while and grabbed some ToCs. Where are the best places to use them now?

Ultra Knight on the Dreadnaught bridge has been the most lucrative for me.

1 exotic every 5-6 coins.

Ignoring CD.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, I'm on west coast. I've got a few things to do early afternoon, but I'll be around probably at around 3pm pacific time in case anyone can start earlier. I understand you're on east coast time.
Yeah it would be cool to say, get to Totems or so in advance if possible :D

Mindlog

Also, it's likely you can only be infected once per matchmaking session so be sure to get them all at the same times.

Hedera

From the couple hours I played last night I got he splendor thing on 2 characters, both on strikes (taken war playlist). Did a couple pvp matches after and didn't get anymore though.

Are the buffs different for every "infection" or do they all give rep and xp gains? Meaning is there one specific to crucible, strikes, etc.

Edit: ToP huh? Well, you call it infection, I call it PERFECTION!

Top Bottom