• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

void666

Banned
From the couple hours I played last night I got he splendor thing on 2 characters, both on strikes (taken war playlist). Did a couple pvp matches after and didn't get anymore though.

Are the buffs different for every "infection" or do they all give rep and xp gains? Meaning is there one specific to crucible, strikes, etc.

Edit: ToP huh? Well, you call it infection, I call it PERFECTION!

People on reddit think you have one shot at catching the infection. So you join a crucible match with people infected with different 2 strains. That's it. You catch those 2 and nothing more. I think that's true. I got 2 in my first crucible activity yesterday. Played for hours trying to catch the other ones. Nothing.

123rl

I've got 40 Legendaries, and 13 Exotics to decode on Tuesday. Each character is close to ranking up Vanguard, Faction, and Cryptarch, and has 15-16 completed Bounties. That should be enough for me to rank up one Faction, switch to a new one and then rank them up as well

MrDaravon

Home sick again, hoping for a better day today on Destiny than I had yesterday >_>

A little bit later today after I eat and do some other things is anyone down on PS4 for some stuff? List of things I still need tl;dr version:

-Warpriest CM (last MoT I need)
-Aetheon kill for NttE
-CoE completion on my Titan/Warlock (April quest)
-Nightfalls (haven't done any this week)
-Need a fireteam to cheese some of the subclass strike quest stuff (7 orbs with one FoH 3x etc)

zoodoo

Anyone on Xbone that needs help with Year 2 Moments, I'll be around after about 6pm MDT. Happy to help with literally anything. Gt is HippoAvenger, just shoot me a message and as long as I'm not currently helping others, I'll lend a hand!

I still want to do a Raid on any difficulty if we can find more people. I'll be on around 9pm EST tonight

Hedera

People on reddit think you have one shot at catching the infection. So you join a crucible match with people infected with different 2 strains. That's it. You catch those 2 and nothing more. I think that's true. I got 2 in my first crucible activity yesterday. Played for hours trying to catch the other ones. Nothing.
Thing is, one of the guys I was matchmade with in a strike had multiple colors around his head, which I assume represent the different viruses, but I only got one. Unless there's something specific that has to be done to get them that I haven't been able to read upon.

I guess we're still in speculation territory. This is fun. Wish I had more time to partake.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, Guardians. I know this is early notice, but I was wondering if some of you fine players would be available Saturday, 9/17 at noon EST to run the Crota's End Raid on Playstation? I will most likely be level 40 by then, but I have not run that Raid yet. So we could be a mixture of new(ish) or veteran players.

1. postcyberpunk

I'll check back throughout the day for responses. Thanks!

MrDaravon

Cool, Xur is selling the one hunter armor piece I was missing as a lapsed player (it wasn't in the game yet when I originally stopped playing). The dream is dead of 100% getting all of the Year 2 exotics I was missing before RoI hits but I at least got a good chunk of them. Still missing 5 Titan armor pieces (only two of which I have the Y1 version of) and 9 weapons now though, but on the weapons 3 of those are the Y2 queens stuff, 1 is the NttE, 1 is the Zen and the other 4 I have the Y1 versions of.

A bit bummed but not too shabby, two weeks ago I was missing well over 20 things across the board. Another week or so of Marks and I'd have been able to buy all the of the ones I was missing that I have Y1 versions of but eh, is what it is. It still kills me I'm missing a couple of Y1 things, including boots which he won't sell a legacy engram for :(

I don't get using SC for Heavy Ammo. Buy with glimmer. You can buy them in abundance.

ToC effect can't be replicated.

What about those of us who have so many strange coins that we already have a stockpile of 3oC. Ive been buyin heavy synths for the past few weeks and they will be used to get loads of rank up packages.

AEREC

In my long standing quest to get a hawkmoon I resorted to buying a legendary engram from Xur. Ended up getting a year one Red Death...is it still worth upgrading it to the y2 version?

Also my last 5 exotic drops via 3oC have been chest pieces...sucks.

SaviourMK2

Hello all,

Trying again to get the post-golgoroth checkpoint so i can get the final 2 calcified fragments.
I really don't want to fight golgoroth, I just want to get the fragments during the pathway after golgoroth's death and during the jumping puzzle.
Any help would greatly be appreciated. I've tried LFG and Reddit and neither are helping.

PSN: SaviourMK2

Streamer SayNoToRage's theory is that Bungie will lock (quarantine) all guardians infected out of the tower for a week. Would make sense with the lore that is going on with the ARG right now and this would allow Bungie to keep us from over leveling, faction boosting, before the raid. Seems like something Bungie would do.

Wow, that would be a crazy WTF decision. What's the point of a rep booster if you can't get the reward for gaining rep?

Shiv47

Home sick again, hoping for a better day today on Destiny than I had yesterday >_>

A little bit later today after I eat and do some other things is anyone down on PS4 for some stuff? List of things I still need tl;dr version:

-Warpriest CM (last MoT I need)
-Aetheon kill for NttE
-CoE completion on my Titan/Warlock (April quest)
-Nightfalls (haven't done any this week)
-Need a fireteam to cheese some of the subclass strike quest stuff (7 orbs with one FoH 3x etc)
I'd be down for the nightfalls and strike cheesing. Got a couple to cheese myself.

EL CUCO

Pretty sure Shaxx was drunk when he recorded "FIGHT FOREVER GUARDIAN!"

Not sure how Bungie let that one through lol

kidko

I haven't run the raid since it first came out. A little rusty perhaps. I'd love to run on normal for a refresher tonight if there's room in a group.

bgbball31

And, now that I've got the sword (Thanks again, guys!) all I need is Warpriest and Golgoroth challenge mode. I won't be available till after about 4 EST tomorrow though.

GutZ31

lol after spending 3 hours on it Monday night i feel like I have it down to a science. I somehow made warlocks be useful in the raid by nova bombing 2 out of the 4 ogres in every round. it gave people more time to locate and take out their knights. Sometimes i had enough for a third nova bomb for the vessel.

But since i dont need the fragment anymore i can run it as a titan or a hunter depending on the fireteam.

those damn taken that spawn with the knights are super annoying with their arc blasts. especially for people who have to get down from the platform and make their way to the middle. we had a few people die from their attacks so maybe it might be good to tether them as soon as they spawn.

Gutz was also tethering the Shadow of Oryx whenever he came inside. they took him out fast.

just some strategies to keep in mind.

Good game bud.

A few notes on your strats to make them a little clearer.

When you are on plates, its best to help put a few shots in the ogre, then work on your knight and adds. If you leave the adds up, it is very likely someone will die from something. Don't waste all your ammo on the centurians(if you think you are going to run out from it), but make sure you can take out its axion bolt at least until its time to group up in the center.

This maximises survivability, and the only thing to really ruin this is your relic runner taking too long.

As for the shade realm, the strat of tethering Oryx is only good if you can time it right, as well as you know your team has high DPS to take the shade out quickly.

To tether the shade, you should wait until after baiting him to swing his sword by jumping over his head while shooting him with primary to get his attention.
After he has swung, he will fly straight up into the sky, tether straight up as he is going into the foggy part of the shade realm, where he usually is. This will bring him back down, right back in the middle of the ring to take a few more hits from everyone.

If you tether too early, he will sword charge again. If you tether late, he will teleport back to the outside foggy area, and your tether is wasted.

It is a strat not used by everyone because it can lead to uncertainty, so I don't promote it often.

Runners should spec for agility, and have jumps with max boost.
Hunters can get away with using almost any jump, but the objective as the runner is to not stop running until you are at the branded knight that the hive tomb ship drops.
Having to land perfectly on a platform, stop and reposition, second guess your jump, are all fatal for this encounter.
Strongly recommend against using warlocks for running relic, but they can do it with the right play style.

We usually use a 2 titan bubble strat in the center in between the daughter platforms to maximize damage to the ogres, and to have a safe space for platform holders to run to when relic is taken.
The 2 titans in the middle do almost all the ogre killing by themselves, and when they clear ogres, help kill adds, and activate plate 4's bombs.
They have a pretty cushy job, but need to have high light, and good sniper rifles to be effective.

This whole encounter is best with heavy machine gun as your heavy, as swords can be useful for the runner, but overall, you will get more use out of a HMG for keeping adds out of the shade realm while people are getting teleported in.

This is kind of a jumbled mess of strats, but I hope this helps people get a better idea of roles in the hard mode raid, as well as challenge mode.

Yeah I got two in the Heroic Strike Playlists last night and probably played 6-8 strikes afterwards and didn't get anymore.

The Mrs got 3 from one nf

Zakalwe

Banned
What about those of us who have so many strange coins that we already have a stockpile of 3oC. Ive been buyin heavy synths for the past few weeks and they will be used to get loads of rank up packages.

Delete them so you're not content starved after a week! :3

So what's this about being infected? Haven't played for 2 months.

Read the thread or google it. Not meaning to be unhelpful, but people are asking every page now.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah it would be cool to say, get to Totems or so in advance if possible :D
cool so are we doing 6 or 9.

Good game bud.

A few notes on your strats to make them a little clearer.

When you are on plates, its best to help put a few shots in the ogre, then work on your knight and adds. If you leave the adds up, it is very likely someone will die from something. Don't waste all your ammo on the centurians(if you think you are going to run out from it), but make sure you can take out its axion bolt at least until its time to group up in the center.

This maximises survivability, and the only thing to really ruin this is your relic runner taking too long.

As for the shade realm, the strat of tethering Oryx is only good if you can time it right, as well as you know your team has high DPS to take the shade out quickly.

To tether the shade, you should wait until after baiting him to swing his sword by jumping over his head while shooting him with primary to get his attention.
After he has swung, he will fly straight up into the sky, tether straight up as he is going into the foggy part of the shade realm, where he usually is. This will bring him back down, right back in the middle of the ring to take a few more hits from everyone.

If you tether too early, he will sword charge again. If you tether late, he will teleport back to the outside foggy area, and your tether is wasted.

It is a strat not used by everyone because it can lead to uncertainty, so I don't promote it often.

Runners should spec for agility, and have jumps with max boost.
Hunters can get away with using almost any jump, but the objective as the runner is to not stop running until you are at the branded knight that the hive tomb ship drops.
Having to land perfectly on a platform, stop and reposition, second guess your jump, are all fatal for this encounter.
Strongly recommend against using warlocks for running relic, but they can do it with the right play style.

We usually use a 2 titan bubble strat in the center in between the daughter platforms to maximize damage to the ogres, and to have a safe space for platform holders to run to when relic is taken.
The 2 titans in the middle do almost all the ogre killing by themselves, and when they clear ogres, help kill adds, and activate plate 4's bombs.
They have a pretty cushy job, but need to have high light, and good sniper rifles to be effective.

This whole encounter is best with heavy machine gun as your heavy, as swords can be useful for the runner, but overall, you will get more use out of a HMG for keeping adds out of the shade realm while people are getting teleported in.

This is kind of a jumbled mess of strats, but I hope this helps people get a better idea of roles in the hard mode raid, as well as challenge mode.
Nah i understood all of it. Thanks. I was mostly in the middle during that three hour run so I don't know why the adds weren't taken out. We had absolutely no special or heavy ammo drop for many of our failed runs which made things a bit more difficult. But i will run it as a titan this time and equip the ruin wings to get more heavy drops.

I watched neoark using the mida to take out the ads which is an interesting choice.

Anyone figure a way to pick up other infections after you get the first one and leave the activity? Is there a way to cleanse or something so you can try again for multiple infections?

Top Bottom