• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

GutZ31

IHrMCXx.png
I threw this together for reference.
Assuming Plate 1 is where Oryx slams his fist, this shows the makeup of where your team should be, minus relic runner.

Once Ogre one is down, Knight 1+ will spawn, with accompanying adds.
Once Ogre two is down, Knight 2+ will spawn, with adds, and so forth.

Titans in the center should have weapons of light, and blessing of light while doing the majority of the damage to Ogres. Plate holders should at least help with their own ogre before refocusing on Knight #+ and adds.

Once your runner has the relic, everyone bail to the center, and hide in the bubble with the titans until the brand/aura is brought back with the runner/relic holder.

If you can not kill your knight before bailing to center, let the titans know so they can execute it.
Call out for clearing vessel or knights before Oryx slams his fist. Once he opens up his chest, shoot the black orb in the center, and stagger him, now clear any remaining adds.

Wait in the brand/aura until Oryx reclaims his light or whatever, then get ready to kill the knights that spawn on top of the front 2 plates, then focus on killing the adds that are spawning, trying to get into the shade bubble in the front.

Use a sunsinger warlock to bait the sword hit, and take him out as quickly as possible with snipers.

Reset, do it all over again.

Do this 3 times, and on the fourth run, once you are in the middle with everyone, stagger Oryx, clear adds, and everyone get to a bomb(we usually number people, not plates). Usually one of the Titans in the center will be platform 4s bomb detonator.
This should leave 1 titan, and the relic holder. The relic holder and titan in the center should be shooting at Oryx's chest pretty much non-stop as the bombs are going off.
If not, the bombs do not register. You wipe.

If everything worked correctly, Oryx should have no health from the detonations.
But don't celebrate just yet. Rush to the front, and get ready to do a final DPS check on his chest.

The End.

I read that the more you do weekly strikes in a row, the more your rate of drops raises. Is there a limit to that? Does your rate of drops plateau after a certain amount of strikes?

Firthy

Anyone available to help with a HM Oryx kill in around 45 minutes? Myself and a friend need to beat it for our Moments of Triumph to be complete!

Assuming Plate 1 is where Oryx slams his fist, this shows the makeup of where your team should be, minus relic runner.

Titans in the center should have weapons of light, and blessing of light while doing the majority of the damage to Ogres. Plate holders should at least help with their own ogre before refocusing on Knight #+ and adds.

Once your runner has the relic, everyone bail to the center, and hide in the bubble with the titans until the brand/aura is brought back with the runner/relic holder.

If you can not kill your knight before bailing to center, let the titans know so they can execute it.
Call out for clearing vessel or knights before Oryx slams his fist. Once he opens up his chest, shoot the black orb in the center, and stagger him, now clear any remaining adds.

Wait in the brand/aura until Oryx reclaims his light or whatever, then get ready to kill the knights that spawn on top of the front 2 plates, then focus on killing the adds that are spawning, trying to get into the shade bubble in the front.

Use a sunsinger warlock to bait the sword hit, and take him out as quickly as possible with snipers.

Do this 3 times, and on the fourth run, once you are in the middle with everyone, stagger Oryx, clear adds, and everyone get to a bomb(we usually number people, not plates). Usually one of the Titans in the center will be platform 4s bomb detonator.
This should leave 1 titan, and the relic holder. The relic holder and titan in the center should be shooting at Oryx's chest pretty much non-stop as the bombs are going off.

If everything worked correctly, Oryx should have no health from the destinations.
But don't celebrate just yet. Rush to the front, and get ready to do a final DPS check on his chest.

The End.

Awesome work.

Anyone available to help with a HM Oryx kill in around 45 minutes? Myself and a friend need to beat it for our Moments of Triumph to be complete!
I can help if you don't mind that I'm a LL318 Titan and only ran Oryx on normal 2 times before.

Fistwell

KF NM Raid, starting around 10 pm BST (UTC+1, thats roughly 4 hours from when this was posted)
Still need a #6, preferably someone experienced

1) raindoc
2) demonkaze
3) dk +1
4) dk +2
5) dhruv_hanom
6) ...
Ever found #6? Up for it if you havent, but 0 experience (read: zeeeero), just reinstalled today. Feel free to shoot me a fr (PSN: ZonySUX).

LTWood12

If everything worked correctly, Oryx should have no health from the destinations.

The End.

damn fine work. Drizzay would have loved this.

nowai

lol, didn't realize it was already out there.

Warlock Ironlord armor is fucking incredible:

Edit: This Warlock trials gear is also great.

I also personally think the warlock raid gear is the only somewhat tolerable. Against the hideous hunter and titan raid gear, the lock gear is at least not terrible.

If everything worked correctly, Oryx should have no health from the detonations.

The End.
Damn fine work there.

I also personally think the warlock raid gear is the only somewhat tolerable. Against the hideous hunter and titan raid gear, the lock gear is at least not terrible.
I thought the armor looked really cool in that on shot in the launch trailer when they were running along a dark hallway and the armor was glowing.

I want glow in the dark armor :p

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I have the Strikes for HoW and TDB and the Crota's End Raid and I have everything wrapped up, story-wise-- then it's on to TTK content. About 3/4 of the way from 40, too. Light Level sucks I think, though, currently at 192 or so.

Anyone down for Crota's End Raid tomorrow? Sat. at 12pm EST.

I'm getting back into Destiny after quitting shortly after Taken King (never did the raid).

I played a couple of hours over the past few days and noticed a couple of things....

1. Most people are at the light-level cap, but had a variety of gear. Do you not need to raid anymore to hit the cap? Is this changing significantly with the new expansion?

2. Can you still solo nightfalls? Some of my favorite experiences were completing Phogoth nightfall all by myself, despite it being more time-consuming. I'm probably going to try this weekend, and just wanted to know if I was wasting my time.

Top Bottom