• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

eggydoo

I also personally think the warlock raid gear is the only somewhat tolerable. Against the hideous hunter and titan raid gear, the lock gear is at least not terrible.

cobra commander disagrees and feels the warlock trials armor is the best looking armor in any game

raindoc

KF NM Raid, starting around 10 pm BST (UTC+1, thats roughly 4 hours from when this was posted)
Still need a #6, preferably someone experienced

1) ...
2) demonkaze
3) dk +1
4) dk +2
5) dhruv_hanom
6) ...

Guys, I'm sorry, but I won't be able to make it after all.

GutZ31

I'm getting back into Destiny after quitting shortly after Taken King (never did the raid).

I played a couple of hours over the past few days and noticed a couple of things....

1. Most people are at the light-level cap, but had a variety of gear. Do you not need to raid anymore to hit the cap? Is this changing significantly with the new expansion?

2. Can you still solo nightfalls? Some of my favorite experiences were completing Phogoth nightfall all by myself, despite it being more time-consuming. I'm probably going to try this weekend, and just wanted to know if I was wasting my time.

It's a different game.

You can get to max light level without ever doing the raid, it will just take more time.
Nightfalls are much less punishing, as you do not get sent to orbit for wiping.

Enjoy.

Zakalwe

Banned
I really don't like any of the new Armour sets, not down with the medieval aesthetic at all.

Happy with my current look, but I hope there's something new u can snag for my Titan.

The new weapons and perks look great though!

Arrrammis

I'm getting back into Destiny after quitting shortly after Taken King (never did the raid).

I played a couple of hours over the past few days and noticed a couple of things....

1. Most people are at the light-level cap, but had a variety of gear. Do you not need to raid anymore to hit the cap? Is this changing significantly with the new expansion?

2. Can you still solo nightfalls? Some of my favorite experiences were completing Phogoth nightfall all by myself, despite it being more time-consuming. I'm probably going to try this weekend, and just wanted to know if I was wasting my time.

You don't need to raid to reach max level, but the raid is the fastest way to level because you get more high level gear in a short time. Plus, there's an infusion system, which means that you can use some high level item (ugly gloves, for instance) to bring a preferred piece of armor (awesome looking gloves) to the level of the high level item. Basically, at max level you can wear whatever legendary gear you want.

It's possible to solo nightfalls, just difficult. We don't know if they're changing, I'm assuming they'll stay the same because we haven't heard otherwise.

I'm hoping I can get the viruses from someone when I get home. I'm not sure how it all works, but I want it.

Actually, I believe this is how the plague started and spread.

MrDaravon

Got home and made the mistake of getting the RoI Upgrade pack for $10 extra so I could go fully digital and ditch my vanilla Destiny disc which is good - but then I decided to delete my Destiny install and download that now to get it out of the way without stopping to realize that it's like 60 gigs total. Like, I've got pretty good internet but I don't think I'm playing any Destiny today lol.

It will be very nice to finally ditch the disc on Destiny though.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I threw this together for reference.
Assuming Plate 1 is where Oryx slams his fist, this shows the makeup of where your team should be, minus relic runner.

Once Ogre one is down, Knight 1+ will spawn, with accompanying adds.
Once Ogre two is down, Knight 2+ will spawn, with adds, and so forth.

Titans in the center should have weapons of light, and blessing of light while doing the majority of the damage to Ogres. Plate holders should at least help with their own ogre before refocusing on Knight #+ and adds.

Once your runner has the relic, everyone bail to the center, and hide in the bubble with the titans until the brand/aura is brought back with the runner/relic holder.

If you can not kill your knight before bailing to center, let the titans know so they can execute it.
Call out for clearing vessel or knights before Oryx slams his fist. Once he opens up his chest, shoot the black orb in the center, and stagger him, now clear any remaining adds.

Wait in the brand/aura until Oryx reclaims his light or whatever, then get ready to kill the knights that spawn on top of the front 2 plates, then focus on killing the adds that are spawning, trying to get into the shade bubble in the front.

Use a sunsinger warlock to bait the sword hit, and take him out as quickly as possible with snipers.

Reset, do it all over again.

Do this 3 times, and on the fourth run, once you are in the middle with everyone, stagger Oryx, clear adds, and everyone get to a bomb(we usually number people, not plates). Usually one of the Titans in the center will be platform 4s bomb detonator.
This should leave 1 titan, and the relic holder. The relic holder and titan in the center should be shooting at Oryx's chest pretty much non-stop as the bombs are going off.
If not, the bombs do not register. You wipe.

If everything worked correctly, Oryx should have no health from the detonations.
But don't celebrate just yet. Rush to the front, and get ready to do a final DPS check on his chest.

The End.
ha this is great. the two knights at the back spawn in the worst possible location.

lets just hope people doing the raids tonight actually read this.

sacrificing sunsinger to lure in the shade of oryx is a great idea. #MakeWarlocksUsefulAgain

Zakalwe

Banned
Ya, I'm saying ALL the warlock gear is fantastic. EVEN the ugly raid gear still looks decent on the lock.

Warlock Armour is the main reason I don't want to play the class. Horrific stuff!

Thankfully the best class in the game has the best Armour sets, even if we're just glorified MCs.

#titan4lyfe

[SNIP]
It's possible to solo nightfalls, just difficult. We don't know if they're changing, I'm assuming they'll stay the same because we haven't heard otherwise.

It's a different game.

You can get to max light level without ever doing the raid, it will just take more time.
Nightfalls are much less punishing, as you do not get sent to orbit for wiping.

Enjoy.

Thanks, I'm even more excited to take another deep dive on this game. Re-running a couple strikes over the past few days has been crazy fun, and I'm looking forward to doing another Iron Banner and/or whatever other events they have.

Maybe if I level up fast, I can finally get that black spindle (if that event is still going to populate once and awhile).

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
So there is nothing about Destiny utilizing PS4 Pro stuff, right? What are the odds Bungie makes use of it for Destiny 2?

Rainmaker

Banned
RoI really does have the best armor designs yet. The ToO gear with the hologram ornaments are top tier. The raid armor is sleek and awesome. Hopefully it'll go well with the Tron-ish black and blue shader from SRL. I don't usually care for the aesthetic they're going for with the Iron Lords armor sets but they did well wit them and the ornaments make them incredible.

Thank god we aren't getting anymore "edgy and dark" looking hive/taken gear.

NastyBook

If anyone needs all 5 join jafku. I'll be hosting it for a bit
*feeble cough*
I think I got the Black Lung, Pop
*feeble cough*

Thanks, jafku.
KuGsj.gif

Can you get anymore of the diseases if you already have two? I'm seeing some conflicting info on whether or not that is the case. I picked up two from PvP yesterday, but haven't gotten any more since.

Can you get anymore of the diseases if you already have two? I'm seeing some conflicting info on whether or not that is the case. I picked up two from PvP yesterday, but haven't gotten any more since.

I've got all 5 and just played about 5/6 private matches and no one picked up more than 2. I'm guessing its all on orbs generated and being a ram/stormcaller I don't poop that many

Top Bottom