• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Any tips on how to get off of this 311 hole I'm on? The main thing holding me back is my class item (295), but I feel I'm too low to do anything like CoE with 311 LL, unless I was to find two really great teammates.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Any tips on how to get off of this 311 hole I'm on? The main thing holding me back is my class item (295), but I feel I'm too low to do anything like CoE with 311 LL, unless I was to find two really great teammates.

do raids, weekly strikes, and nightfalls

Zakalwe

Banned

Raids, CoE, Nightfall, and we got a couple of 315ish prices from 41 PoE...

But I wouldn't worry too much now. In four days you'll have access to higher level gear anyway.

JonnyKong

Just spent two hours on this and didn't increase in light level whatsoever *sigh* quite embarrassing when I'm only level 255.

Never mind, I still had fun.

There's no point buying anything from Xur this week is there? I assume he'll have exciting new stuff next weekend.

Zakalwe

Banned
Just spent two hours on this and didn't increase in light level whatsoever *sigh* quite embarrassing when I'm only level 255.

Never mind, I still had fun.

There's no point buying anything from Xur this week is there? I assume he'll have exciting new stuff next weekend.

Sure there is. If there's an exotic piece you need it's absolutely worth buying.

And three of coins so you can stick up on exotic engrams to use post launch, or ammo packs of you have an abundance of strange coins so you can level vendor xp...

Rip quickscoping self res warlocks. Now i get an assist for my troubles.

l3vR7HdZpI3HBUP5e.gif

Yes, this was a headshot.

void666

Banned
Quarantine failed shortly after institution. Note to self: Corralling sick Guardians is one thing. Healthy, rambunctious Guardians, armed to the teeth and impatient to go back starside...

lol

We're such goofballs.

I was able to pull my ~311 friend through the CoE and Nightfall just us two this week. You should be fine.

That Big Show video is great. I'm super surprised he knows his stuff. It's pretty cool.

If you can take direction from people willing to sherpa, you'll be fine. I've taken people as low as 297 into the thing and we've finished it. I'd love to help you out, but I won't be home for a few more hours.

Removing the ability to snipe people out of their supers was a mistake. Real shame for PvP in 2.4
Seriously. They nerfed Sunbreakers armor because you couldn't one shot them with snipers(at least, that was one reason).

Why do that, then go back on it and instead of just giving the armor back to Sunbreakers, they gave it to everybody.

RIP skill gap

When is the next Iron Banner?

I'm going to guess...October 11. That gives the players/community 3 weeks with the new gametype before the Iron Banner. If not then, then Oct 4, 18, or 25.

Those 3 weeks will also provide time to gear up and experience the new Raid and everything else in the expansion.

Removing the ability to snipe people out of their supers was a mistake. Real shame for PvP in 2.4

I hate snipers and even I agree, its probably the stupidest thing they've done for PvP

On a serious note seeing as this is the last weekend before RoI drops how about some clan v clan private matches. WIPE have accepted the SoM challenge, are SEXY or any others brave enough, we promise not screenshot/gif you

JJShadow

I threw this together for reference.
Assuming Plate 1 is where Oryx slams his fist, this shows the makeup of where your team should be, minus relic runner.

Once Ogre one is down, Knight 1+ will spawn, with accompanying adds.
Once Ogre two is down, Knight 2+ will spawn, with adds, and so forth.

Titans in the center should have weapons of light, and blessing of light while doing the majority of the damage to Ogres. Plate holders should at least help with their own ogre before refocusing on Knight #+ and adds.

Once your runner has the relic, everyone bail to the center, and hide in the bubble with the titans until the brand/aura is brought back with the runner/relic holder.

If you can not kill your knight before bailing to center, let the titans know so they can execute it.
Call out for clearing vessel or knights before Oryx slams his fist. Once he opens up his chest, shoot the black orb in the center, and stagger him, now clear any remaining adds.

Wait in the brand/aura until Oryx reclaims his light or whatever, then get ready to kill the knights that spawn on top of the front 2 plates, then focus on killing the adds that are spawning, trying to get into the shade bubble in the front.

Use a sunsinger warlock to bait the sword hit, and take him out as quickly as possible with snipers.

Reset, do it all over again.

Do this 3 times, and on the fourth run, once you are in the middle with everyone, stagger Oryx, clear adds, and everyone get to a bomb(we usually number people, not plates). Usually one of the Titans in the center will be platform 4s bomb detonator.
This should leave 1 titan, and the relic holder. The relic holder and titan in the center should be shooting at Oryx's chest pretty much non-stop as the bombs are going off.
If not, the bombs do not register. You wipe.

If everything worked correctly, Oryx should have no health from the detonations.
But don't celebrate just yet. Rush to the front, and get ready to do a final DPS check on his chest.

The End.

Amazing work, this post goes into my bookmarks

That Big Show video is great. I'm super surprised he knows his stuff. It's pretty cool.

If you can take direction from people willing to sherpa, you'll be fine. I've taken people as low as 297 into the thing and we've finished it. I'd love to help you out, but I won't be home for a few more hours.

Yeah I'm fine with directions. Problem then becomes most here are PS4 and I'm XB1. Oh, the struggle. lol

Top Bottom