• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The OG gunslinger is back.

xq4TPSz.png

MrDaravon

Thanks Hawkian and everyone else, got my MoT all wrapped up woo! I still hate that raid lol. All in all that went pretty smoothly though, thanks everyone!

todd360

Ordered the Triumphs shirt, oh yiss

I ordered that forever ago. Still don't have it. I should probably email them or something lol. Its been way more than 4 weeks at this point.

Edit: its been 48 days since I ordered now and I didn't even add my name to the shirt which adds extra time.

Raids are still my favorite video game activity, especially with a clan or a good group.

Took some friends through three raids tonight. They needed the warpriest and golgoroth fragments so we did those parts, then went through Crota's End to get three of them the flawless achievement. We fucked it up half way through so we just finished out the rest of the raid as practice, then did the entire thing again and they got their flawless. And then we went to VoG and took a friend through who had never done it before.

This game continues to facilitate the creation of some of my most favorite video gaming moments. Can't wait to make new ones in RoI.

Why even play the game lol.

This is why people complain about no content. Just rush through it all in one hour. Joking...kinda

I love edging rep before a content drop. It's a meta game kinda. For me, the end game content and the fine tuning of stats and weapon perks is what I enjoy the most, so the quicker I can get there, the better.

Thanks. I am stuck at 308 and not sure what activity I should do next. I guess KF normal?

KF normal, nightfall, COE, and maybe crucible if you want. If you find any legendary/exotic engram keep them in your vault, decrypt them after tuesday, they are likely yielding significantly better gear.

I hope Destiny 2 all your characters don't carry over and you start from scratch or whatever.

Players go about the game completely fresh nearly, no carried over items but then at a pivotal point in a late mission you get your ass saved by your vanilla Destiny character, complete with whatever armor, weapons, etc you last had on them.

Wallach

I've been pretty behind on my Destiny news, and while I have RoI pre-ordered to jump back in with the new expansion, I totally spaced the fact that the Dunemarchers are finally going to be available. Man, I wanted that damn exotic so hard since the day the Armory went live and we found out about it. Finally I'm going to have those things. That's pretty much enough for me to come back to Destiny for a while.

Dez_

This one's for you, Doctor.
dvRvn8bh.jpg

Congrats to Alpha, Mort and snake and thanks again Spec and Dez for a great run.

Great run, guys. Alpha and his friend did great for their first time running HM, with challenge mode to boot. Glad to have helped you all with your triumphs. I'm totally exhausted from running so much KF this week, but I hope I was able to help out where I could.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
dvRvn8bh.jpg

Congrats to Alpha, Mort and snake and thanks again Spec and Dez for a great run.
Thanks guys. It's insane how close we came so many times. Alpha you were clutch in the middle. We were melting these ogres down in seconds. I really dislike how there is no room for error in this.

I never want to do this raid again. Lol

Dez_

Thanks guys. It's insane how close we came so many times. Alpha you were clutch in the middle. We were melting these ogres down in seconds. I really dislike how there is no room for error in this.

Yeah, I think I've had my fill of KF at this point. The raid is exhausting.

Zocano

Best raid tho

I prefer insane coordination no room for error

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Best raid tho

I prefer insane coordination no room for error
There needs to be a balance. No reason why we have to repeat it four times. Atheon required coordination too. But they also let you dps him in the middle. Oryx could've had a similar system where if you were really fast in finishing off the ogres, vessel and knights then you could use the extra time to damage him so that it doesn't last four fucking rounds.

Zakalwe

Banned
Anyone up for some UK early morning Crucible?

PSN: astropoff

King's Fall is fun once. After that it's literally exactly the same each time, which imo makes it incredibly tedious and boring.

Like almost all PvE content ever?

And it isn't exactly the same each time. Runs change quite dramatically in terms of moment to moment situational stuff, especially if you run with new teams each time.

Well, pretty much done until Tuesday. Just gotta do 1 more daily probably and I'll be set. I might buy more heavy synths but damn it takes way too long. Bungie plz add a buy multiple option from all vendors including xur.

Anyways, here's what my stuff is looking like:

gYqYu9E.png

D6Xxtou.png

Zakalwe

Banned
Well, pretty much done until Tuesday. Just gotta do 1 more daily probably and I'll be set. I might buy more heavy synths but damn it takes way too long. Bungie plz add a buy multiple option from all vendors including xur.

Anyways, here's what my stuff is looking like:

gYqYu9E.png

D6Xxtou.png

Engrams?

Zocano

There needs to be a balance. No reason why we have to repeat it four times. Atheon required coordination too. But they also let you dps him in the middle. Oryx could've had a similar system where if you were really fast in finishing off the ogres, vessel and knights then you could use the extra time to damage him so that it doesn't last four fucking rounds.

I mean, I agree that it was a mistake to make damage fixed to the progression of the fight. I just think the raid as a whole is the best we've had so far.

Dynasty8

dvRvn8bh.jpg

Thanks guys. Special shout out to Hawkian, Dez, Slimy, Dark, and everyone else who helped us out. You guys were great. Love this community.

Zakalwe

Banned
Not very many since my inventory/vault was always full. Should have deleted some stuff instead.

FNlOp01.png

NOyy7eK.png

Try to save a couple of purples and blues from each slot as it's been confirmed even those will decrypt into level relevant prices once RoI launches.

I know you have some, but I'd try to cover all bases.

You're well set though, you'll have a good chance at some new exotics.

Try to save a couple of purples and blues from each slot as it's been confirmed even those will decrypt into level relevant prices once RoI launches.

I haven't gotten many purple engrams now that I think about it. They hardly drop in pvp since 2.4, it seems.

Maybe I'll do some strikes for both legendary engrams and vanguard edging.

Zocano

Eeeeeh. I see everyone saving shit but I'd rather just go through the grind again at launch. Would be more enjoyable to make progress in the moment and stretch it out a bit rather than just jump to 380 or whatever immediately upon the update.

Zakalwe

Banned
Eeeeeh. I see everyone saving shit but I'd rather just go through the grind again at launch. Would be more enjoyable to make progress in the moment and stretch it out a bit rather than just jump to 380 or whatever immediately upon the update.

Grind now or grind later, it's all artificially stretching content.

Zocano

Grind now or grind later, it's all artificially stretching content.

"artificial"

I think it's a dumb word (in this context). People played Diablo 2 for a decade endlessly (me). I wouldn't call that artificially stretching out my time with the game.

Jblanks

Agreed.

I think that's more of a byproduct of people not having much else to do at this point.

Here's my opinion.

1) A lot of us have nothing left to do, so why not horde engrams and edge factions?
2) It's not more enjoyable to make progress in the moment and let me tell you why. I played so much PvP year 2, 100s of hours and I've not gotten a single God rolled longbow/Luna/1000 yard stare. Im also short on 5-5-2 build, meaning I need more 96+% rolled gear that fits my wants (HC reload, int/disc with nade throw). By doing things to help get those since the odds are already tiny to get your near exact wants.
2.1) sidenote: not everyone is using it to get to max level right off the bat, it's more of a headstart.
3) Saving engrams takes 0 effort. The only part that takes effort (for some) is figuring out what to delete from inventory/vault to make room.

It makes the game more fun to have a headstart and obtaining packages off the bat, imo.
Also, we want to be as raid ready as possible for Friday and this helps.

Of course there probably are some people that will spend 1 to 2 hours in getting as high as they can before starting anything and to them it's probably fun. It doesn't really take out any excitement from the new stuff, regardless.

WeTeHa

I'm kinda salty my 5-5-2 builds were destroyed in the 2.4 patch. I'm short like 2 points in disc and 2 or 3 in str. Why did my 60 stat ghosts get downgraded to 58 stat ghosts?

Top Bottom