• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Number45

I haven't gotten many purple engrams now that I think about it. They hardly drop in pvp since 2.4, it seems.

Maybe I'll do some strikes for both legendary engrams and vanguard edging.
I think they removed engrams from PvP rewards in 2.4.

I'm kinda salty my 5-5-2 builds were destroyed in the 2.4 patch. I'm short like 2 points in disc and 2 or 3 in str. Why did my 60 stat ghosts get downgraded to 58 stat ghosts?
I didn't bother with going for it, but I remarked when I saw that note that people had every right to be a bit miffed. I assume it's necessary in prep for RoI though.

Zakalwe

Banned
"artificial"

I think it's a dumb word (in this context). People played Diablo 2 for a decade endlessly (me). I wouldn't call that artificially stretching out my time with the game.

It is artificial in the sense the actual content doesn't change.

That doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable.

The main point here is that RoI is almost certainly not going to last long for most of us here in terms of unique content. Then all that will be left is the loot chase which will make up the vast majority of our game time (pvp aside).

So grinding for that loot now and getting a head start or trying to elongate the new content won't make much difference. We'll all be back in the same position before too long.

WeTeHa

I think they removed engrams from PvP rewards in 2.4.

I didn't bother with going for it, but I remarked when I saw that note that people had every right to be a bit miffed. I assume it's necessary in prep for RoI though.

I had fun going for it and it doesn't make THAT much of a difference, but I think it's kind of strange. Why did my 60 stat ghost get downgraded to 58 stats, but one of my 59 stat ghosts stayed at 59?
At the same time, one of my 60 stat class items stayed at 60, yet one of my 59 stat class items was downgraded to 58.

Makes no sense to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

Try to save a couple of purples and blues from each slot as it's been confirmed even those will decrypt into level relevant prices once RoI launches.

I know you have some, but I'd try to cover all bases.

You're well set though, you'll have a good chance at some new exotics.

Wait what!? Old engrams can decrypt to higher light levels once ROI is out!?

I probably have 30 legendary engrams and 40 or more exotic engrams...oh boy...

I had fun going for it and it doesn't make THAT much of a difference, but I think it's kind of strange. Why did my 60 stat ghost get downgraded to 58 stats, but one of my 59 stat ghosts stayed at 59?
At the same time, one of my 60 stat class items stayed at 60, yet one of my 59 stat class items was downgraded to 58.

Makes no sense to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

Quite possibly internal rounding by the game. The original values may not really have been whole numbers...

ori0n378e

Y2 MoT: I need to get Golgoroth and Oryx fragments and a hard mode Oryx kill today.

1: ori0n378e
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

Sherpas would be nice too! 😉 Whatever time works for who wants to help also, my whole day is free, but the sooner the better. I need two antiquated runes for balwur and kagoor too.

DXsDqvv.jpg

FUCKING FINALLY!

I now have my favorite gun once again. Locked and Loaded for Rise of Iron!

WHEW

HunRevan

Am I doing something wrong? I cant preorder the Rise of Iron on xbox store. My only option is to buy the collection but I have all the previous DLC.

Edit: After searching for quite a bit I managed to found it.

IAaHq4J.png

Here's my opinion.

1) A lot of us have nothing left to do, so why not horde engrams and edge factions?
2) It's not more enjoyable to make progress in the moment and let me tell you why. I played so much PvP year 2, 100s of hours and I've not gotten a single God rolled longbow/Luna/1000 yard stare. Im also short on 5-5-2 build, meaning I need more 96+% rolled gear that fits my wants (HC reload, int/disc with nade throw). By doing things to help get those since the odds are already tiny to get your near exact wants.
2.1) sidenote: not everyone is using it to get to max level right off the bat, it's more of a headstart.
3) Saving engrams takes 0 effort. The only part that takes effort (for some) is figuring out what to delete from inventory/vault to make room.

It makes the game more fun to have a headstart and obtaining packages off the bat, imo.
Also, we want to be as raid ready as possible for Friday and this helps.

Of course there probably are some people that will spend 1 to 2 hours in getting as high as they can before starting anything and to them it's probably fun. It doesn't really take out any excitement from the new stuff, regardless.

Agreed. It's not even like we're gonna hit 400 in the first week. I've been a 335 for months and still play.

oSoLucky

Y2 MoT: I need to get Golgoroth and Oryx fragments and a hard mode Oryx kill today.

2:
3:
4:
5:
6:

Sherpas would be nice too! 😉 Whatever time works for who wants to help also, my whole day is free, but the sooner the better. I need two antiquated runes for balwur and kagoor too.

I'll come help and I'm free almost all day. PSN is KC_Darkness. Send me a PSN message if you get a full group. I'll be playing PS3 and XB1 all day besides that.

Edit: I'm down to help whoever. If you find others that actually need stuff I'll gladly sit.

xuchu

Hi guys, I'm a casual returning player looking forward to rise of iron. Is there a neogaf clan that I can join for strikes and old raids?

PSN: talos_ai

ori0n378e

I'll come help and I'm free almost all day. PSN is KC_Darkness. Send me a PSN message if you get a full group. I'll be playing PS3 and XB1 all day besides that.

Edit: I'm down to help whoever. If you find others that actually need stuff I'll gladly sit.
Cool, thanks man!

Range stat is misleading for this weapon since it doesnt behave like most weapons

Wow, you're right. This thing wrecks shop now. Lately I've been using Plan C or Party Crasher as a close range special, but this seems better than either for that purpose. Getting a second followup shot is immediate if the first burst doesn't take them down. And it's more stable than I remember. I might roll with this for a while.

Finally got all the space aids for my titan and hunter alts from a kind player:p.

Oh my goodness I'm sorry to hear that...is there some kind of medication you can take?

JJShadow

Just a little reminder about our Oryx HM kill scheduled in approximately 5 hours

Oryx Hard Mode (including CM) - Saturday 6:30pm BST (UK time) - PS4
1. JJShadow (JJShadow77)
2. SlimySnake (thenegativedude)
3. Feorax (MattIgoe)
4. Kukawaki (Kukawaki)
5. Kukawaki's friend
6. glaurung / ninja_kn1ght

Get ready to kill that bitch guys!

Man, I hadn't played for a bit of a while and couldn't find the latest thread in my subscriptions. Gutted when I finally did.

Is there a GAF clan, btw? I'm in one of the many groups from launch times, but I don't think that carries over.

ori0n378e

2: KC_Darkness
3:
4:
5:
6:

3:
4:
5:
6:

I'm up for Oryx hard mode kill.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

3:
4:
5:
6:

Can we do challenge Warpriest too?

ori0n378e

I'm up for Oryx hard mode kill.

Can we do challenge Warpriest too?
Sweet and yes...

3: throwawayname
4: guybrushfreeman
5:
6:

Caim

Reinstalled in time for Rise of Iron.

Man, it's been so long since I've played I think I was like 317 or something.

Dibbs

Just a little reminder about our Oryx HM kill scheduled in approximately 5 hours

Oryx Hard Mode (including CM) - Saturday 6:30pm BST (UK time) - PS4
1. JJShadow (JJShadow77)
2. SlimySnake (thenegativedude)
3. Feorax (MattIgoe)
4. Kukawaki (Kukawaki)
5. Kukawaki's friend
6. glaurung / ninja_kn1ght

Get ready to kill that bitch guys!

Awesome, good luck guys :)

Top Bottom