• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Bold One

Full for this week, sorry. :{

j6eKSaN.gif

eggydoo

What is everyone new strategy for Oryx HM now after the ToM bubble nerf? We seem to do fine using sniper and heavy at the ogres but killing the shade consistently isn't as easy anymore without the bubble trick. Some times we kill it fast and some times we fail.

JJShadow

Hey jj i will have to back out in afraid. I spent 6 hours doing the raid last night and 3.5 hours on oryx alone. If i play again today I'm sure my wife will divorce me.

Good luck and try to get some sherpas to help you out. You need at least three who have done it before multiple times.

Here is our final run if you want to get an idea of how it works.

https://youtu.be/K8aSiTiJTV8

Sorry again.

No worries mate, I imagine yesterday's run must have been exhausting, I'll put ninja_kn1ght in your place is he's available and we will be ready to go

Thank you for the vid!

What is everyone new strategy for Oryx HM now after the ToM bubble nerf? We seem to do fine using sniper and heavy at the ogres but killing the shade consistently isn't as easy anymore without the bubble trick. Some times we kill it fast and some times we fail.

I have never killed the shade whenever i used to run that raid with anything other than snipers. Never used the bubble strat on that phase.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
:'( i'm so sorry gentle one
Hm. I'm a bit confused as the ToM Blessing of Light strategy was really only valuable for ogres- by the time everyone is in the shadow bubble for the shade, you should have way more than enough DPS to kill it. Neither ToM nor titan bubbles should be used.

Are multiple people in your team a bit underleveled, Light-wise?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member

You used to use the bubble/ToM trick on the shade? That's a bit extreme measures for that thing, its not that hard to kill.

shermas

Quick correction on this, according to the reddit megathread about the infection, boosters do stack after all.

I'm saving my boosters for ROI, but I was just curious.

Bungie, despite taking away the weekly NF buff, has done a nice job helping us rank up factions.

shermas

Sniper and heavy.. A bubble with the shade always seemed to muddle things when my groups would try that.

soultron

Banned
Is there any chance someone (PS4) with Daughters or Oryx HM CP would hop in and let me grab it from them? Trying to run it with my group tonight but we're trying to shortcut running the entire raid.

VRMN

Requested an invite to the Xbox DestinyGAF club. Gamertag is VRMaster; not sure who I need to contact (if anyone) to get confirmed.

JJShadow

Is there any chance someone (PS4) with Daughters or Oryx HM CP would hop in and let me grab it from them? Trying to run it with my group tonight but we're trying to shortcut running the entire raid.

I have an Oryx HM CP if you wanna grab it, PSN is JJShadow77

Zakalwe

Banned
Whats the best way to get Strange Coins these days? Could do with getting some. Same goes for Antiquated Runes for some CoO.

If you have the stones for its chest running will net you a fair few.

After collecting 100 flakes on the Dreadnaught I had 90 odd.

Also blue engrams, PoE, and reward packages.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
I get all excited that I have 10 exotics, 300 motes, and 200 of each material saved!

Then I go on gaf or reddit and my bank vault feels more like a coin jar in comparison :(
I know how you feel but I farmed Draksis for exotics when 3oCs first came out and got almost every new exotic for that expansion/update. It actually made me feel sad because I had no more excitement when I got an exotic engram to drop or got one from the exotic chests. A loot game where you get all the loot up front loses a lot of its draw I think. Don't get me wrong, I looooove Destiny and still have had huge amounts of fun with it, but taking that thrill out of the mix was a mistake for me. I have a few different engrams ready to go for next week, but I'm looking forward to the exhilaration I'll get when I do get surprise exotics in the coming months.

Mindlog

Buying heavy synth is tedious.
OK so I have plenty of SCs and a couple hundred heavy synth.
What do we use motes for again? Buying rep? No idea how I got a couple thousand of those.

230k Glimmer. I guess that's for more heavy synth.

VRMN

Whats the best way to get Strange Coins these days? Could do with getting some. Same goes for Antiquated Runes for some CoO.

Public events, Crucible, Challenge/Prison, and faction ranks will pretty consistently give you coins. Antiquated runes drop from Stolen Rune completions and will drop from raid chests.

You were using ToM with titan bubble for the shade? Just use snipers and heavy machine guns.

eggydoo

:'( i'm so sorry gentle one

Hm. I'm a bit confused as the ToM Blessing of Light strategy was really only valuable for ogres- by the time everyone is in the shadow bubble for the shade, you should have way more than enough DPS to kill it. Neither ToM nor titan bubbles should be used.

Are multiple people in your team a bit underleveled, Light-wise?

I know some has 320 weapons still, but that should be fine...maybe some people just missed.

DjRalford

Managed to get a quick bash on patrol before work, edge FWC to the brink of levelling, and switched to dead orbit, go it to 3/4 now but my vanguard rep is getting too close to levlling so might have to switch to crucible for a bit tomorrow.

Do all factions still give weapon / armour on levelling packages or is it more restricted now?

Other than that i have max ledgendary marks and glimmer, plenty of motes and strange coins and a good stock of 3oC, i think i'm setup nicely for RoI.

Top Bottom