• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

MrDaravon

Might want to bring your hunter, I'm sure your Titan could make it, but recommended light is 320.

I didn't see this before hopping in D:. My Titan was getting bopped I'm sorry :(. Berserk fucking sucks on that strike, kept getting killed by the Phalanx majors since you can't stun them. The legendary I got is actually an upgrade in the slot I needed the most on this character so I really appreciate the carry though.

If you're doing NF on any other characters hit me up, otherwise I'll see if McArkus wants to do some CoE or something.

demonkaze

If you have the stones for its chest running will net you a fair few.

After collecting 100 flakes on the Dreadnaught I had 90 odd.

Also blue engrams, PoE, and reward packages.

By chest running, do you mean getting you SC's out of them or they can give Antiquated Runes? If not, whats the best method for them.

Also, whats the best way to use 3oCs for Exotics? I read something about an Ultra on the dreadnaught somewhere, how do i do this?

JJShadow

Yay, we made it!

YBOMLAm.jpg

a3JRZIm.jpg

Thank you so much glaurung, ninja_kn1ght, Kukawaki, Feorax and el_Crikix for that Oryx HM kill, that was amazingly smooth! I thought I was going to be a bit of a burden with my newbie titan in the middle but it was surprisingly well, managed to kill some knights as well

One MoT less to get and made my way to LL 330 thanks to the drops, so I couldn´t be happier :) Thanks again guys!

Kensuke

Started up Destiny for the first time in months to prepare for ROI. Can't kill the nightfall boss. Anyone willing to help?

PSN: Wretched_Walrus

McArkus

I didn't see this before hopping in D:. My Titan was getting bopped I'm sorry :(. Berserk fucking sucks on that strike, kept getting killed by the Phalanx majors since you can't stun them. The legendary I got is actually an upgrade in the slot I needed the most on this character so I really appreciate the carry though.

If you're doing NF on any other characters hit me up, otherwise I'll see if McArkus wants to do some CoE or something.

Yes, Im still here just doing some vault cleaning and missing missions on alts

LifEndz

Just curious if anyone else that preordered Rise of Iron from Best Buy received their digital download code. I received mine an hour ago and obviously it's not working. Do they usually send out the digital codes prior to a game's release date?

MrDaravon

Me and McArkus are doing CoE and have room for a 3rd. I need to make at least two separate runs for quest purposes on my Titan and Warlock but I'm fine doing complete cards if people want. If anyone wants in hit me up or join in, PSN: MrDaravon

Clunker

I don't need it, but I'd like to get a better artifact if you want to help out.
Sorry, we keep missing each other. :( Ships in the night. When I get another rune I'll throw you a line, or just msg me in game if you see me on.

Currently, hadium flakes and rare soliton flares are the bane of my existence. I'm not going for MoT or anything, but even just as a general quest, the rare mats hunt is such a bore. I limit myself to 1 or 2 most at a clip so I don't shove the helium fragments into my brain.

Seeing people with thousands of motes/coins and dozens of engrams when I'm sitting over here with like 900 motes, 220 SC and 40 3oC is just like goddamn lol. I'm jealous, but you all honestly deserve it for sticking with the game and being as dedicated as you are so mad props there. I'm in kind of a weird spot where I got next Friday - Sunday off from work so I'm tempted to see if I can be raid-worthy by Friday; I'm only at ~320 LL right now which I don't think will really matter much once RoI hits. However I work Tuesday-Thursday weird hours so I don't know how much time I'll be able to have in by Friday, and not having a massive stockpile of engrams and factions etc to immediately cash in is going to hurt me there. I'll just wait and see I guess.
I have about 50 3oC, zero saved exotic engrams, and maybe 10 legendary engrams. I'm happy just having the 3oC and playing lol.

rdytoroll

It's time for my annual return to Destiny lol. I have a Titan at 270 light and haven't played for quite some time. What's the best course of action for me to be able to handle the upcoming expansion? Grind the crucible or just doing quests? I'm pretty clueless atm. Also was thinking about just starting fresh as a Hunter, but not sure if I can get to the new content in time

NastyBook

Me and McArkus are doing CoE and have room for a 3rd. I need to make at least two separate runs for quest purposes on my Titan and Warlock but I'm fine doing complete cards if people want. If anyone wants in hit me up or join in, PSN: MrDaravon
That space fill up yet?

VRMN

It's time for my annual return to Destiny lol. I have a Titan at 270 light and haven't played for quite some time. What's the best course of action for me to be able to handle the upcoming expansion? Grind the crucible or just doing quests? I'm pretty clueless atm. Also was thinking about just starting fresh as a Hunter, but not sure if I can get to the new content in time

Just doing the quests you already have should get you to over 280, which is where I would expect the game wants you to be for RoI single player stuff. Faction rep ranks will also consistently get you higher level gear up to LL 330. In fact, having a character with high level gear will make it easier to have a second character, as you can transfer guns and have infusable gear for the second character to get its light up faster. It's what I did for my Hunter and Warlock.

rdytoroll

Just doing the quests you already have should get you to over 280, which is where I would expect the game wants you to be for RoI single player stuff. Faction rep ranks will also consistently get you higher level gear up to LL 330. In fact, having a character with high level gear will make it easier to have a second character, as you can transfer guns and have infusable gear for the second character to get its light up faster. It's what I did for my Hunter and Warlock.

Great, didn't think of that. Thanks

Kalamari

So if they kept Shoulder Charge normal when Peregrine Greaves are equipped, that means they felt that Shoulder Charge in general was too strong. Why don't they just say this, the excuse about the new artifact is just another lame irrational excuse.

So if they kept Shoulder Charge normal when Peregrine Greaves are equipped, that means they felt that Shoulder Charge in general was too strong. Why don't they just say this, the excuse about the new artifact is just another lame irrational excuse.

I'm not sure I follow. The shoulder charge changes are all due to the new artifact. Peregrine greaves being nerfed was because of the artifact too. The greaves themselves weren't the problem. The new artifact though eliminates sprint cooldown which means you can basically constantly be bringing shoulder charge up with little penalty. Greaves just exacerbated the problem, they didn't cause it.

MrDaravon

Thanks for the CoE runs negative and Arkus, finally got that quest done with my Titan and got like 3 upgrades for this character along with 3 or 4 leg engrams and an exotic engram, good times.

Gonna go eat real quick, afterwards I'm down if anyone else wants to run CoE, I'd like to do a full card on my Warlock to get her quest done as well as rewards. Also not opposed to further runs on my Hunter, or if anyone wants to give the NF a go (still need it on my Warlock and Hunter).

Also might ask for help on here at some point for doing a real quick 41 run so I can grab the ghost at the end; I've tried with randoms a few times and I have a hard time grabbing it quickly enough, randoms always just (understandably) rush the chest.

X-Frame

Personally, I think it's an oversight by Bungie who didn't realize that using the Greaves give the old animation speed back. I hope not, because an exotic focused on killing with SC would be absolutely useless given all the nerfs they hit SC with.

And also, SC may actually be slightly faster than pre-nerf using the current Greaves, at least that is what I am seeing.

I'm not sure I follow. The shoulder charge changes are all due to the new artifact. Peregrine greaves being nerfed was because of the artifact too. The greaves themselves weren't the problem. The new artifact though eliminates sprint cooldown which means you can basically constantly be bringing shoulder charge up with little penalty. Greaves just exacerbated the problem, they didn't cause it.

Using Peregrine Greaves right now reverts the Shoulder Charge animation back to it's pre-nerf speed (faster), and may actually be faster than before. All the other nerfs still are active (+1 second activation time, worse tracking), but the animation is fast again when using the Greaves.

And I think it was a combination of that new Artifact and the Dunemarchers that was too powerful with the old Shoulder Charge. Dunemarchers will increase Titan sprint speed, turn radius while sprinting, and ADS movement speed. Coupled with the Artifact then the Titan would be a ground-based killing machine.

This is contrast to the Peregrine Greaves however, since they require an Aerial SC to work so with the Artifact the combination wouldn't be as deadly as above.

My thoughts at least.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting on in a few to run TTK strikes and some other random shit (maybe some Crucible). If you want to join, just hit me up on PSN (my name is in my profile).

Oh, I am drinking so at some point the whole thing is bound to go sideways...

So I've never done challenge of the elders and I'm finally 320 Light, anyone up for just running it with me (PS4)? PSN is Zatojawed, send me a message on there as I'll be on now for a little bit.

Kalamari

Are we finally getting Dune Marchers in RoI? Has it been confirmed by anyone or is it just speculation? Gonna wear the shit out of them if they are in RoI.

Comms

Neo Member
Hey guys, we are testing a new game in private matches. Samurai vs ninja!

Titans only shoulder charge.
Hunters only backstab.

Testing with 4 (including OCorn, Harlan and Uv) more the merryer.

Add PSn Comms_12389

Edit: the test was a success. It has potential.

Lnkn52

So you can't buy ROI on its own on disc, you HAVE to buy the Collection?

the fuck?
All their expansions have been DLC. And if you are a first timer, they've released physical copies ($60) with the vanilla game and latest dlc.

So the collection isn't anything different that they haven't done before.

Bold One

All their expansions have been DLC. And if you are a first timer, they've released physical copies ($60) with the vanilla game and latest dlc.

So the collection isn't anything different that they haven't done before.

I bought TTK on disc but had Vanilla Destiny from Day 0 on disc, will I be able to get ROI as a download?

Lnkn52

I bout TTK on disc but had Vanilla Destiny from Day 0 on disc, will I be able to get ROI as a download?
If you go to the psn store, you should be able to buy ROI. $30.

The store checks if you own the previous expansion. Usually it would be locked if you don't meet the requirements.

You could have bought TTK last year for $40 if you would have gone through the psn store.

Sky Walker

Is the skeleton key the only way to get strike specific loot in RoI or an additional way to make the process easier "aka strike specific loot is still dropping without the key"?

Is the skeleton key the only way to get strike specific loot in RoI or an additional way to make the process easier "aka strike specific loot is still dropping without the key"?

Skeleton keys are replacing the old method. I'm not sure if you're guranteed a skeleton key after every strike (I'd assume it would be RNG?), but once you have one you can decide which strike you want to use it on, and you'll be guaranteed a piece of that strike's specific loot pool.

Not sure if strike bosses will stop regular legendary engrams or not, but they won't drop specific items anymore.

so I can buy the £25 psn code on amazon and it will work?

Yeah RoI is being sold as standalone digital expansion. If you have the Destiny base game, Dark Below, House of Wolves and Taken King already, then it will work.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Just bought the shirt. Came out to be $35 total. I feel like i was scammed lol.

the shirt should be fucking free imo. i went through fucking hell to get all the truimphs.

can anyone list all the buffs you can get. my warlock has three for some reason even though ive done the raid, coe and strikes with my titan.

can anyone list all the buffs you can get. my warlock has three for some reason even though ive done the raid, coe and strikes with my titan.

Brilliance 3.2
Glory 2.1
Splendor 2.6
Magnificence 2.0
Fortitude 3.1

Once you are already infected, you can't gain any more on that character. To get all 5, you need a clean character.

Rainmaker

Banned
What do I need to do to get all five infections and if it's simple can someone help me do it real fast? I don't get to play much during my work weeks so I'm trying to get this done real fast before next week.

Top Bottom