• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

todd360

I still can't believe that the dlc is only a few days away and yet my shirt still hasn't shipped. What is taking so long with these shirts?

V1ctIm

Neo Member
No idea. Maybe some kind of patient zero thing (i.e. Bungie randomly effected five (or more) different people and see it spread?
I'd love to know. I played all of one daily skirmish match yesterday and got 4 buffs. Looks bizarre, but kind of neat for a short time. Wonder what they've got in mind with this infection.

I just jumped back in and got my 34 Warlock to 40. So should I even bother getting any of Xur's exotics this weekend? Won't this shit be worthless on Tuesday?

My Hunter is like 250 LL.

I'd rather play with my Lock and get ther others lol

Infusion should make bringing your Hunter up to speed okay, but if that's not an avenue...

If your Warlock is the character with the red scarf-looking emblem, then your Antiquated Rune fight is with the Wizard that you need to kill its acolytes to make spots to deal damage. That's easy.

Yep, just looks like you gotta do the quirky Dreadnaught stuff and hunt around for Fragments. There's a few in the Raid but otherwise things should be painless. Just gotta spend time.

Does it show Year One Moments of Triumph in the inventory somewhere? I can't find it

They didn't start showing that sorta stuff in your inventory until Year Two. The only way to know someone did Year 1 Triumphs is to see them wear the emblem, or hit their Bungie-dot-net profile maybe?

DjRalford

I thought all the drops were supposed to have been updated to give you stuff above your level, every blue has turned in to 240ish light items and i'm 297?

Well, since Y1 was last year, I would assume you wouldn't be able to complete those :p

Or are you trying to figure out if you completed them in Y1?

I definitely completed them in year one, but i didnt buy taken king by the cutoff time (February 1st I think) so I was never able to claim the emblem :/

Infusion should make bringing your Hunter up to speed okay, but if that's not an avenue...

If your Warlock is the character with the red scarf-looking emblem, then your Antiquated Rune fight is with the Wizard that you need to kill its acolytes to make spots to deal damage. That's easy.

Yep, just looks like you gotta do the quirky Dreadnaught stuff and hunt around for Fragments. There's a few in the Raid but otherwise things should be painless. Just gotta spend time.

They didn't start showing that sorta stuff in your inventory until Year Two. The only way to know someone did Year 1 Triumphs is to see them wear the emblem, or hit their Bungie-dot-net profile maybe?

Well, Thinking about it, I could give my lock's weapons to the hunter and do the raid on normal mode to do the Challenges.

Uhmmm, if anyone will be able to help with it I'd appreciate it.

It's just from the Warpriest and I have experience doing the challenges.

MrDaravon

Seeing people with thousands of motes/coins and dozens of engrams when I'm sitting over here with like 900 motes, 220 SC and 40 3oC is just like goddamn lol. I'm jealous, but you all honestly deserve it for sticking with the game and being as dedicated as you are so mad props there. I'm in kind of a weird spot where I got next Friday - Sunday off from work so I'm tempted to see if I can be raid-worthy by Friday; I'm only at ~320 LL right now which I don't think will really matter much once RoI hits. However I work Tuesday-Thursday weird hours so I don't know how much time I'll be able to have in by Friday, and not having a massive stockpile of engrams and factions etc to immediately cash in is going to hurt me there. I'll just wait and see I guess.

Anyway I'm off today for the first Saturday since EVO, I'm still down for any of the following:

-Aetheon kill for NttE
-CoE completion on my Titan/Warlock (April quest)
-Nightfalls (haven't done any this week)
-Need a fireteam to cheese some of the subclass strike quest stuff (7 orbs with one FoH 3x etc)
-Crucible wins for FWC quest as well as the grenade/super kills for subclass stuff.

SpecX

Seeing people with thousands of motes/coins and dozens of engrams when I'm sitting over here with like 900 motes, 220 SC and 40 3oC is just like goddamn lol. I'm jealous, but you all honestly deserve it for sticking with the game and being as dedicated as you are so mad props there. I'm in kind of a weird spot where I got next Friday - Sunday off from work so I'm tempted to see if I can be raid-worthy by Friday; I'm only at ~320 LL right now which I don't think will really matter much once RoI hits. However I work Tuesday-Thursday weird hours so I don't know how much time I'll be able to have in by Friday, and not having a massive stockpile of engrams and factions etc to immediately cash in is going to hurt me there. I'll just wait and see I guess.

Anyway I'm off today for the first Saturday since EVO, I'm still down for any of the following:

-Aetheon kill for NttE
-CoE completion on my Titan/Warlock (April quest)
-Nightfalls (haven't done any this week)
-Need a fireteam to cheese some of the subclass strike quest stuff (7 orbs with one FoH 3x etc)
-Crucible wins for FWC quest as well as the grenade/super kills for subclass stuff.
I'm on now and could do the NF real quick if you want. No mic though, dead from raiding last night.
PSN Dark1421

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Is the only way to view Grimoire cards by entering your email and PSN password? I don;t know how I feel about Bungie having my log-in information on their server...

Is the only way to view Grimoire cards by entering your email and PSN password? I don;t know how I feel about Bungie having my log-in information on their server...
Eh, I wouldn't be too worried. They've been doing it this way for 2 years and I haven't heard of anyone having problems.

If you don't, you can't see grimiore, but you also can't use item managers, and I couldn't imagine playing this game without those.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
There's plenty of other sites that you use to view grimoire. Try this site http://destiny-grimoire.info.

Eh, I wouldn't be too worried. They've been doing it this way for 2 years and I haven't heard of anyone having problems.

If you don't, you can't see grimiore, but you also can't use item managers, and I couldn't imagine playing this game without those.

Thanks to both. I guess I'll try my luck and change my password more frequently.

Wait you have to give them your PSN? For XBL you log into a MS server and they tell Bungie's server that it's ok.

Firthy

Is anyone looking to get an Oryx HM kill?

Myself and a friend really need to get it done to complete our Moments of Triumph but keep failing with the fireteams we are with.

Would really appreciate any help we can get!

We are light levels 334/335.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
And I'm just the asshole with questions today:

Moments of Triumph are gone on the 20th. How is that stuff going to work for Trophies? as there is tons of stuff in that book.

milkham

And I'm just the asshole with questions today:

Moments of Triumph are gone on the 20th. How is that stuff going to work for Trophies? as there is tons of stuff in that book.

moments of triumph completion is not directly tied to your trophies, you will be able to get the trophies after its just they will not count towards year 2 moments of triumphs on bungie's side.

if you want legendary marks you can get them by doing the weekly strike playlist (10 per strike up to 30) the daily story mission (15?) the daily crucible (10?) and the weekly crucible which i forget how many you get. you also get marks from dismantling legendary items in your inventory.

MrDaravon

I'm on now and could do the NF real quick if you want. No mic though, dead from raiding last night.
PSN Dark1421

Sorry I missed you, as soon as I made that post something came up and I had to run out of the house real quick. Should be around for the rest of the day now if anyone wants to help run NF/CoE etc that I posted for above.

Unrelated, but are engram contents (not the LL) determined when they dropped or by who opens them? Like I'm missing a bunch of Titan exotics, could I farm for exotics on my Hunter then just have my Titan open them, or does that not work?

SpecX

Sorry I missed you, as soon as I made that post something came up and I had to run out of the house real quick. Should be around for the rest of the day now if anyone wants to help run NF/CoE etc that I posted for above.

Unrelated, but are engram contents (not the LL) determined when they dropped or by who opens them? Like I'm missing a bunch of Titan exotics, could I farm for exotics on my Hunter then just have my Titan open them, or does that not work?
I'm at the boss now if u want to run it still.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
moments of triumph completion is not directly tied to your trophies, you will be able to get the trophies after its just they will not count towards year 2 moments of triumphs on bungie's side.

if you want legendary marks you can get them by doing the weekly strike playlist (10 per strike up to 30) the daily story mission (15?) the daily crucible (10?) and the weekly crucible which i forget how many you get. you also get marks from dismantling legendary items in your inventory.

The daily mission / crucible, and weekly strikes afaik, not sure if first gold public event each day still gives them out

Cheers! as I need some better gear...

McArkus

I can help with NF and CoE runs, psn: McArkus

robo

will try and get a raid for tomorrow night 6pm ish UK time.

1. gulfwarvet

Can do NM or Hard but wil need a sherpa as running my hunter and doing CM's along the way.

Top Bottom