• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks to AuthenticM, Gutz, Some/Hat (PSN name), and others for carrying my underleveled ass through a variety of strikes. My k/d in those PvE events looked like my Crucible k/d. lol I did go from 219 to 231 after, so that's something.

I'll wait to ask to join fireteams, etc, until I get to at least 300. :)

Need to complete oryx challenge to finish my year 2 triumph, but not really feeling motivated to do it. Tried earlier in the week only to have servers lag at the end and oryx not take the full damage, it's pretty easy to do, but now I just don't feel like doing it. I would rather spend the time grinding mats. I just can't seem to get worked up over ugly shaders and emblems.

jdstorm

Banned
Started up destiny for the first time in almost a year. Think I'm ready to jump back in for Rise of iron.

Anyone know if buying just rise of iron digitally gets you a level booster? My I never got around to fully Leveling my Titan

Rainmaker

Banned
Need to complete oryx challenge to finish my year 2 triumph, but not really feeling motivated to do it. Tried earlier in the week only to have servers lag at the end and oryx not take the full damage, it's pretty easy to do, but now I just don't feel like doing it. I would rather spend the time grinding mats. I just can't seem to get worked up over ugly shaders and emblems.

I want the hard mode shader so bad but I get too nervous about being shit at the game to go out and get in a group. I used to a lot but once I quit keeping up with the meta and strats I just felt out of the loop.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Kadey, you running a train tonight?

Yes.

RGfwfFi.png

MrDaravon

Is the Her Memory garbage? I got one from CoE earlier and I really like how it feels and it seems to tear stuff up, but history has proven I have no barometer for quality lol.

Number45

Because the chances of this happening again any time soon are... slim. Saved, for posterity!

Did the oryx strategy change with the recent touch of malice nerf? Or is it still the same?
I did the first and fourth ogres with ToM (swapped blessings for weapons) and the second and third with my HMG (adjusted as necessary if I was getting caned on the fourth), but then I save my snipes for the shade.

Wilde

Anyone available to help me run my brother through the Darkblade exotic sword strike. He is going for the Solar and Arc swords.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Started up destiny for the first time in almost a year. Think I'm ready to jump back in for Rise of iron.

Anyone know if buying just rise of iron digitally gets you a level booster? My I never got around to fully Leveling my Titan

Yes, to level 40, though you are going to need to grind a bit for gear and class abilities. Hit me up if you are on PSN, I'd be down to help you level up.

Would be nice if they allowed those of us with 3x Level 40 characters to gift the boost to someone else. Friend just buying Destiny for the first time? Instant two level 40 characters.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Would be nice if they allowed those of us with 3x Level 40 characters to gift the boost to someone else. Friend just buying Destiny for the first time? Instant two level 40 characters.

That would be too customer friendly. I don't think Activision works that way.

Foxxsoxx

I tried for a few hours to get hyped for RoI last night by playing some Crucible. I mainly want it for PVP but I just can't get excited for it with how strict the SBMM is. I played for 4 hours and won 5 matches with almost all of them being incredibly sweaty, with teammates that have never learned what a team shot is.

That and scouts seem to dominate. I can't do much with anything bar a pulse rifle or scout which really makes the meta uninteresting, I want to be hyped so badly but ughhh that really put me off.

NastyBook

Got most of my characters edged. Really just got my Lock with a bunch Crucible Bounties to go through, then that should have him ready. Playing Star Trek Online in the meantime. Laying in a course for the Lackey System now. So good.
3AQmK.gif

Ps4
Psn: NowhereFaded

I have a couple hours of game time and would love to raid if a gaffer is willing. I'm watching my daughter so can't really do a headset, but I can listen and following verbal instructions. Thanks and appreciated.
Btw I have no raid exp and a 320 hunter or 318 Titan

So I've recently started playing again but my friends have all left our old clan (set it as non-primary).

Anyone have something I can join? A GAF clan or anything else? I'll be heavily invested in both PvE and PvP content (trials and raids) and would appreciate some friendly company :)

Zocano

I've got a Oryx HM checkpoint I'd like to get done (preferably w/ the challenge)

Who's around to help me do it? Should be quick and easy.

MoonGred

I just jumped back in after a year long break and have been trying to get the black spindel but for the life of me can't do that mission, I've tried it with a buddy - we're both around 280 and still failed miserably.

Anyone on Gaf that could give me a hand?

I'm on ps4 - psn: moongred

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just jumped back in after a year long break and have been trying to get the black spindel but for the life of me can't do that mission, I've tried it with a buddy - we're both around 280 and still failed miserably.

Anyone on Gaf that could give me a hand?

I'm on ps4 - psn: moongred
I gotchu. Send Hawkian a Friend Request.

jdstorm

Banned
Yes, to level 40, though you are going to need to grind a bit for gear and class abilities. Hit me up if you are on PSN, I'd be down to help you level up.

I'm not too worried about that. I have a 290+ Hunter and Warlock, so once I hit 40 with the Titan I can just switch all the best weapons which should get me pretty competitive pretty quickly. 270 ish seems like it will be a good place to start Rise of Iron.

Plus doesn't the level up pretty much max one class worth of abilities?

Anyway thanks for the offer. I'm more of a solo player, but I'll keep it in mind

Top Bottom